Diablo® III

Solution: Launcher Broken 31 July 2012 Mac

(Locked)

NOTE: As of the latest patch this problem now appears to be rectified.

Thank you Blizzard for fixing this issue.

The fix... run this from Terminal - for mac

open "/Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app" --args -launch

EDIT: You can also by pass the issue by clicking cancel when the launcher prompts you to authenticate with your password.
Edited by dave#2799 on 09/08/2012 15:17 BST
I like this!

Just copy the whole command from open ... launch, and paste it in terminal.

I was only using the part between the " ", but that doesn't work ;)
Can you change title to reflect that this is a fix for MAC users please?
this doesn't work if you got a different language on your OSx than english or the diablo 3 folder any different location, I tried changing the code to swedish but without success, what am i doing wrong?
Sorry, It does work! :) Sry for doublepost!
A simple and effective solution for Mac users - thank you.
Blizzard - hire this individual today!!
tanx a bunch
u should use open "/Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app" --args -launch
the hole line
but now i can't long in on th account error 3
What did this update to the luncher do in the first place ? .....

Always this sneaky updates and the idiots to programers always screw it up for us ....
Customer Service
Good morning everyone.

I'm really sorry for coming in so late on this emerging issue but it has been hectic here this morning!

So, as you are no doubt aware, Mac users began experiencing an issue with the Diablo III launcher earlier today. This has been reported to our developers and they are investigating now. To facilitate two-way communication on this issue, we will be locking all other threads on this topic and referring them to this one. If we have any updates for you, or require any additional information from players suffering with this problem, then we will post here in this thread.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and thank those members of the community who have stepped up to the plate and proposed possible self-help solutions.
Thanks nice comments guys.

And thank you Blizzard for replying.

For any windows users you can try doing the same thing and just running the executable (not he launcher).

For mac users with different languages change the path to reflect your applications directory. you should be able to browse this from the command line.

If you have any further problems you can always try to beat your top score on a WebGL game i made :) (hope you don't mind my humble plug)

http://davenicholas.me.uk/msa2/
Edited by dave#2799 on 31/07/2012 11:46 BST
Customer Service
Additional: Don't forget that the US are currently in maintenance.
Erhm.... Just wondering where the "Terminal" is where you are supposed write this?

My best guess was in the search field in the top right corner, but that didnt help.
Any help would be appreciated for the "not so leet Mac Users".
90 Gnome Warlock
I have the same/similar problem. When I start the launcher a window pops up asking permission for a process called 'Agent' to do something. First time around I clicked cancel instead of allow, I have no idea what 'Agent' is. The launcher started as normal. Then I quit, restarted the launcher to see if this 'Agent' thing popped up again, so I tried allowing it (having looked this file up on the forums, it seems to be a blizz file). Then it got stuck at initializing... so I force-quit and started the launcher, cancelled this 'Agent' thing, then the launcher started as normal.

Is anyone else seeing this 'Agent' process and what is ti?

Mac OS 10.6.8 (need massive amounts of money to upgrade software b4 I upgrade my system)

(reposted from the other thread, because it might be useful to someone)
90 Gnome Warlock
Terminal is in ur Applications/Utilities folder.
Erhm.... Just wondering where the "Terminal" is where you are supposed write this?

My best guess was in the search field in the top right corner, but that didnt help.
Any help would be appreciated for the "not so leet Mac Users".

just type it in the Finder !
Let me help you Yin. There is an app on every Mac called Terminal. It's default location is /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app but you can also use Spotlight (this search field in the top right corner) to search for it.

Once it is open just copy the whole line and paste it:

Then press enter and Diablo should launch.
The fix... run this from Terminal - for mac

This worked perfectly for me !!
For the not so 1337 mac users:

Press [cmd]+[Space]
type "Terminal"
click on the top application called "Terminal"
paste in the following: open "/Applications/Diablo III/Diablo III.app" --args -launch
press return(enter).

Hope this is simpler
Cheers for the quik help guys.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]