Diablo® III

Legendary Item Improvements / 1.0.4 Thoughts

I really hope they dont make it so some legendarys are for one class only...like firewalkers, i think most classes would want them, if they always roll dex, i think thats gonna be a mistake people will rage about
Reply Quote
Goldskin: "Chance for enemies to drop gold when you hit them"

Does that ring some bell? A possible abuse that can be used from farmers? If that work for example with skills that don't do DMG..

there will always be ways for botters to expolit this game, and there will always be botters in this game. imo botters has a toll on economics, but i refuse to rage :P

From some reason, i belive hackers ALLREADY made some bot+tactic to milk that.

its not so hard either.

just get huge life hit/steal.
find a vampiric Elite.
and deal less dmg than elite's life steal
profit.
he doesnt take dmg, you keep dmging him
free gold
simple code for portal auto repair and repeat. :/
Reply Quote

there will always be ways for botters to expolit this game, and there will always be botters in this game. imo botters has a toll on economics, but i refuse to rage :P

From some reason, i belive hackers ALLREADY made some bot+tactic to milk that.

its not so hard either.

just get huge life hit/steal.
find a vampiric Elite.
and deal less dmg than elite's life steal
profit.
he doesnt take dmg, you keep dmging him
free gold
simple code for portal auto repair and repeat. :/

If you got ignore durability affix on all gear you dont even need to go back to town :)

This i actually pretty clever if you ask me, and everyone can bot "legally" without any use of third party software. It takes some brains to do it right ;)
Reply Quote
My thought: OVERCOOKED.

Some of the new items are way too overpowered. Game will become a race to the new legendaries and go from moderately hard to a complete cakewalk.

Not unexpected, though. The only good thing is it will bring some democracy, as a legendary is easier to find than a good rare.
Reply Quote
Thats fair enough about the legendaries.
But I have found what between 4-6 legendaries since may,and no set items.So taking that drop rate as the rate they drop has not been mentioned at all,I have a seaking suspicion that it will not change at all.
So based on the current drop rate well you will still need a lot of grinding as that is fair enough.

But my personal bent on equipment is set items and not having found one set item then I will just have to continue and see what pans out,and when I personally reach the stage where I think that set items and legendaries are to small a drop rate then it will be time to stop playing.

And I am not expecting any blue reply so it seems I will just have to find out for myself with an open mind.
Reply Quote
If only now they make them actually drop as well in game.

Also, whats the point of farming between now and when the patch is actually released?
Reply Quote
I really like those new changes, its nice to see they added some glow effects ect to the new legendary's. People like to show off.

id like to make a suggestion for any future patches, Wat i really liked about a game in the past is that you could enchant your weapons at a NPC, Let say you add a new drop to monsters wich contain new stones(gems) wich you can enchant your weapon with at that NPC. 2 drop boxes, right side for the weapon left side for the gems.

Example : a monster drops this new stone lucide and another gemstone. Lets say with 2 lucides and some of that other gem you can enchant your weapon +1 wich gives it a +3 min and +3 max weapon damage. now they are no bounderies how high you can enchant your weapon, but there are always some risks to this.

Lets say everything is fine till +4, no risks. Once you go +5 and higher it has a chance to fail and will eather set the weapon -1 or -2, it depends how unlucky you are, but theres also a chance you can get a +2 for example. But the higher you go the more chance it has to get a -1 or -2.

Now here comes the most risky part, after +6 the weapon has a chance to actually break and u lose the item and +6 has ofcourse a low chance but the higher u go the more chance it will has, just like the -1 or -2. also after +6 the weapon get a new glowing effect etc, with each +level after +4 it chances color, and the higher the enchant the more wicked the glow effect.

The lower gems should be easier to find and the high gems should be hard to find(rare) and the stone requirements chance every +2 level enchants so there are a wide variety of gems in the game.

You could even enchant armors there wich gave more armor bonus and some other stuff, but yea.

Anyway, I liked this and gave for me some fun to the game aswell.
Edited by Rody#1198 on 15/08/2012 13:59 BST
Reply Quote
Love the Goldskin. Will definatly be getting one for my DH.
Reply Quote
i'm feeling confident about the patch, my main concern is how they are going to address class balance issues I.E with the WD however i think blizzard have near enough got it spot on with legendary's now as they should seem a bit OP while also being very hard to find or buy, as they will sky rocket in price once the new release which i think is much needed as they should be very hard to attain this OP affix's :) just my thoughts
Reply Quote
at the end of the day this is kinda fine. I said before everyone will be OP and rares will become redundant. I did not mean that only people who can play 5 hours a day or more should be OP. I myself am not one of these people, i work.

The main point is that a game where you can just blitz everything with nothing to do but get more and more powerful for no reason when everything is already easy anyway is pointless.

The buffs are really cool and certainly solve the problem with legendaries being useless however they need to add something really really challenging to the game and further promote build diversity with post level 60 levels. You dont gain new skills or new runes but you get to add points into the runes every couple of levels. Also some stat points... You just made the build scenario far more enjoyable and unique. And you made people choose their favourite build which they will then stick to and gear around that build. People can still switch out skills if they want but they may not have buffed those skills so will only do it on occasion for specific fights etc.

What i would have personally done with legendaries is add the cool things like this on them but make these things way weaker and instead buff skill enhancing stats on legendarys. This further promotes gearing based around a specific build and promotes build diversity.

Furthermore you should be able to erase levels past level 60 back to 0 and start again if you like. Thus you play each char 1-60 and learn what skills you like, you then pay inferno a bit gaining champion experience and maybe find a couple of nice gear which tailors to a specific skill and you go right im basing my build around that skill. You keep leveling and placing skill points into the skill you want and getting gear to promote your build choice. You get OP for inferno by a mile so you enter the new challenging infinite dungeon where you are challenged and are not OP. You have fun. You check the ladder to see where you against other folks, you play PVP and check the PVP ladder......eventually you do all you can and are bored but you still love the class you play. You erase your champion levels perhaps at the start of a new ladder and you're 60 again. You build a new char based around a diff build. - infinite replayability and infinite difficulty. Sorted.

This is what should be done
Reply Quote
Thats fair enough about the legendaries.
But I have found what between 4-6 legendaries since may,and no set items.So taking that drop rate as the rate they drop has not been mentioned at all,I have a seaking suspicion that it will not change at all.
So based on the current drop rate well you will still need a lot of grinding as that is fair enough.

But my personal bent on equipment is set items and not having found one set item then I will just have to continue and see what pans out,and when I personally reach the stage where I think that set items and legendaries are to small a drop rate then it will be time to stop playing.

And I am not expecting any blue reply so it seems I will just have to find out for myself with an open mind.

Drop rates for legendary's and set items will probably stay as they are today , a blue response would be nice abouit this but thats hoping to much :P we will prolly have to wait for the patch notes to find out.
Reply Quote
@imperium

I do get what you saying. The game needs more than just being powerful and getting through everything. There needs to be a reason why you do it again all over or at least something to keep you busy afterwards otherwise there is no point and will eventually just become repetitive and boring. What kept D2 alive all these years was the ladders and the fact that there we so many cool builds for you to construct, and it was actually fun starting from level 1 again and structuring this new build from the ground up. Leveling a char was always different each time.
Now though unfortunately they wanted to focus more on the end game which subsequently got boring rather quickly = big fail. They will be announcing a new end game and hopefully this time they will nail it.
Reply Quote
They post some pictures of perfectly rolled new legendaries... ok,maybe you'll find one or two of them, but chance that they'll roll perfectly is close to zero anyway - no big change for farmers. Rares drop rates are super high, you can get 1-4 rares per 1-2 minutes but how many good ones? You roll a good one out of how many? 100? 1000? So do you hope to find 1000 legendaries within your lifespan? Nothing changes, really. I don't understand why everybody is so excited.
Edited by KyKaH#2425 on 15/08/2012 14:49 BST
Reply Quote
fireboots + ww barb = awsome
Reply Quote
15/08/2012 13:06Posted by whereagles
Some of the new items are way too overpowered. Game will become a race to the new legendaries and go from moderately hard to a complete cakewalk.

Some of the items are too powerful like Maximus and Skorn. Legendaries needed a buff, but i really dislike when items becomes too powerful to ignore. Skorn for example has 1500dps, 300 dex almost 200% crit damage and socket for another 100% crit damage, there is no way that any monk can ignore something like that.
Reply Quote
I'm optimistic, as a big critic of the game these buffs appear to address some of the complaints I had about itemisation:
* Legendaries and sets are boring and rarely worth taking (how many heroes wear more than 1 or 2 for instance, or complete any set other than Natalya's or even come close?),
* the lack of weird and wonderful effects on items (it would still be nice to see a more widespread return of on hit / on hit taken effects, e.g. rares being able to roll things like 2% chance to cast diamond skin on hit taken - even if it's Wizard's only - but of course, this lays the ground work and is a nice start),
* legendary items shouldn't be outright BiS, they should offer interesting trade-offs or even provide alternatives such as facilitating unique builds, but not demand that every end-game player resolve on them, otherwise they'd kill end-game character and item diversity and there'd be nothing to do after getting them (bullet seems to have been dodged),
* set items could have been left in the dust given all the focus on legendaries, leaving just the un-nerfed Natalya's as an outlier (glad to see this hasn't happened either).

All in all I'm very pleased with what I've seen, as long as legendary items and itemisation is kept broadly in line with very well rolled rares, this is a big boost to the diversity and quality of items in the game. If anything is overpowered I'd just hope to see it brought in line. Either way, good job by Blizzard and a good first pass.
Edited by Kirtswall#2566 on 15/08/2012 15:14 BST
Reply Quote
anyways, i'm off work now. going home to level my dh so i can get sum fireboots and moonwalk all over your @sses :-)

:P
Edited by ohrlylol#1613 on 15/08/2012 15:44 BST
Reply Quote
With the introduction of "top-tier" legendary items (p1.04) we have reason to be afraid of the game getting _much_ easier since we can assume prices will drop dramatically on items that are not perfectly spec'ed (but good enough under the current system), since legendary items will now be a constant addition to the category of useful items. The solution seems simple and elegant; account bind all legendary items. This would:

1. make sets something you actually complete, not just buy from the AH
2. make unique items very unique
3. it would make highly powerful legendary items disappear as a balancing issue on the larger scale since at worst a single player gets overpowered.
4. makes it harder to earn extreme amounts of gold from recipes, since the created item would be account bound to the buyer, giving it 0 resell value.
5. Allow you to increase the droprate of legendary items, something it sounds like everyone is clamoring for.
6. It would make finding a legendary item all the more rewarding, knowing you just found something great you couldn't obtain any other way, not ever with real money ;)

I would greatly like to hear the developers thoughts on how to prevent the game from turning too easy due to item-flooding.

Source: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5116972960
Edited by Rasmus#2429 on 15/08/2012 15:50 BST
Reply Quote
for that to work drop rates must go up, i dont wanna spend 2000H on getting a set complete.. i understand your consern w/ game difficulty deceasing, but i think blizz needs another approach to that, like idk... give us harder content blizz, u can do eet!
Reply Quote
So let's see. Legendaries are going to be great now, but the drop rate is so low that some ppl have never seen 1 dropping after 3 months.
So what's the scam here? They won't buff the drop rates, so if you want them you will have to use the AH and the RMAH. Buy gold and get your legendaries, buy them on RMAH. Blizzard wins.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]