Diablo® III

Legendary Item Improvements / 1.0.4 Thoughts

Community
16/08/2012 08:39Posted by Zerokewl
So they buffing old legendary's also ?

Yes and no... Legendary items dropping after the release of patch 1.0.4 will be improved, the legendary items that have dropped before patch 1.0.4 will remain as they are now.

Going Forward - As a reminder, these changes will only affect Legendary items that drop after the release of patch 1.0.4. This includes items that haven’t been identified yet (as items are rolled when they drop). With the extensive changes being made we can’t exactly translate 1:1 old Legendary items to new. What might have been a decent item could become worse if we re-roll it, and vice-versa.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5629421/Legendary_Item_Improvements_-15_08_2012
Reply Quote
its a step in the right direction but it kinda will make rare items useless lv60, just like magic items.

They should lower the chance of a good roll on legendaries and increase the chance of a good roll on rares to balance this and keep rares worth having. Otherwise everyone is gonna end up massively OP in all legendary gear.

This would be fine - if there was more of a challenge than inferno. With sick gear inferno will be even easier than it is now - they need to add a new really challenging area - such as the infinite dungeon where mob level increases by 1 each level and magic find + 5%, + 10% , + 15%, +30%, + 50% + 75% + 100% which would be mob level 64 etc.

Then add champion levels with skill point and stat distribution yourself, champion ladder, PVP and PVP ladder and the game is pretty much finished. Obviously balancing of skills is getting a big boost in this patch but will be one of the things that may need constant thought.

IF they did these things, they would just need to keep an eye on the game and make some minor adjustments here and there and then start work on an expansion with a new act, 2 new chars +10 char slots, + more leg and set items, + more events and more random rare events with good rewards so people do them.

Then they have created the best game ever made - with infinite re playability with champion levels and ladder and plenty to do and to strive for to become better.

That is the best post I have ever seen, ever in my life, hopefully someone from blizzard reads this and get some influences by this.

+1
Reply Quote
17/08/2012 15:17Posted by Raixor
That is the best post I have ever seen, ever in my life, hopefully someone from blizzard reads this and get some influences by this.

Thanks - i made a new thread just related to this and what needs doing - i have been saying lots along these lines for a while now and to be honest i can't see anyone saying this is not a good endgame solution for main game.

I have had some nice ideas for PvP too, but i'm more concerned right now with PvE. I think when PvP comes out it will be extremely unbalanced with not enough content.

The problem i am having on this forum is getting my voice heard. I mean, i'm not terribly like "oh my idea is the best do this now!" but it seems to happening more now that the haters have died down and posts are more constructive. Like id post and just get loads of "dude, shut up the game is already dead blizz dont care"... i dont agree. It needs to be polished and made infinite.

Check out the thread - hope you like: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5153825863#8
Reply Quote
@Vaneras

It only involves legendary's? Or also rare's?
Reply Quote
nvm. good for me.
Reply Quote
So they buffing old legendary's also ?

Yes and no... Legendary items dropping after the release of patch 1.0.4 will be improved, the legendary items that have dropped before patch 1.0.4 will remain as they are now.

How does this affect those of us who are busy collecting sets for the achievement?

See my post below ..v copied from another thread.

The legendary update looks really good and I am looking forward to legendary items that I can use. Reading through the blog just got more awesome all the way through.

Until, that is, I saw this...

New Set Names - As set bonuses won’t interact between pre-1.0.4 and post-1.0.4 sets, the new Sets will have new names, as well as new individual pieces, to prevent confusion.

Now, I play D3 under the rule of progression = loot only, no GAH no RMAH.
Which was a valid way to play according to Blizzard.
I also similarly get longevity out of achievements (which are otherwise meh) by..
Never remaking games, always (almost) full map clears.
Never going to lower difficulties - do everything on Inferno.
Any rare mobs or events are chance on meet in a full map clear.
And in conjunction with my first point, intend to loot a full set for the 6 piece set achie.

I have looted 6 pieces of Immortal King, of which 3 are the 2H weapon, which means I'm 4/6 completed. I need to loot the chest and belt.

I am VERY concerned about the part I quoted. Are old pieces still going to drop? Will new pieces still count with the old pieces for 6/6? Do I need to start from scratch?
Edited by Anuhart#2131 on 17/08/2012 17:28 BST
Reply Quote
Will Staff of Herding be buffed, too?
Reply Quote
15/08/2012 09:19Posted by prod
True. I played a top class Trap assa and had mostly magic + rare + crafted items. I think I had 3 unique items on me. Nothing could even touch me :P most one-of-a-kind items and no duped !@#$ (also not charms - or at least I tried).

it wasnt a top class then ,lol
Edited by Rici#2516 on 17/08/2012 19:52 BST
Reply Quote
I just dont hope that it will be like diablo 2 when everyone wants the same leg items, so i hope that other items can be just as good.
Reply Quote
17/08/2012 23:55Posted by Psych
I just dont hope that it will be like diablo 2 when everyone wants the same leg items, so i hope that other items can be just as good.

They are buffing them so they will earn more cash via RMAH
Ofc new legendarys will be stunning
Reply Quote
Well - theyve destroy CM+WW wizards utterly for the sake of this. Thankfully I rolled a barb for my 3rd char and its now semi-dently geared, so I guess Ill just have to play barb which probably means there is far more chance of getting a uber legendary weapon - Im sure there are more flavour of uber legednary barb weapons than flavours of anthing else - wands with +50% crit chance to make up for the nerf for example.

Now there is talk of bind on equip lgendaries as well.

TBH - oits all sounding like way way too much bagge for the sake fo what will probbaly amount to little more than pretty graphics that make it even harder to see what going on and add maybe 5% damage.

Go buy a 5% attack speed ring instead...
Reply Quote
RMAH will thrive again if the dropped items remain random
Reply Quote
i just hope that "ladder" PvP ranking is for matches with equal gear for all .......u see as i see it when PvP comes its all gonna be about which rich kid gots dad credit card and bought the best DPS and lifesteal gear ......and that kid with his limos and cc cards and d3 super gear is gonna pwn poor kids all around the world that dont spend their time in poolhouse or with 2feet tall blondes but at workhouses and in school with a dream to make something out of their lives .....

i am hoping PvP will be like an arena where all players go in naked and can get to select from an inventory of equal gear before fight (yeah there is skill - some ppl just right click and pwn , others we avoid them arcanes - we aint got armor and supergear res - our hand fingers have become one with the 6 skill buttons) - hope a certain few wont call me a commie for talkin common sense it seems nowadays whoever doesnt like the world bending over to the $$$ and rapstars with golden chains and threesomes with white blondes in their villas and certain superstars and the "i have money i pwn lifestyle is instantly granted as one .....
Reply Quote
Will diffently help the game!
Reply Quote
Finally legendary items will be worth having and using!
- Let's just hope they will drop also :) ... I see prices for legendaries sky-rocketing through the roof to like 800.000.000 already! - haha!

Na, seriously. The new items will be awesome and provided I will get my hands on some of them, inferno will become easier. That's all I want. And for all of you who still post that inferno is already to easy... well... play something else! ;) cause I don't care! Like Mr. Spock said: "The needs of the many outweighs the needs of the few!" If you have a character that can run through inferno in like an hour and beat Diablo with one hit... well then congratulations! - Start the game with a new character on normal. - There are 5 classes full of fun, you know? And if you have done all that, I am pretty sure there will be an addon with a new class and maybe a new difficulty, and so on. Besides... Blizzard is planning on an infinity dungeon where monster get stronger the further you progress. - Isn't that enough for you? Please everyone be happy with the items and lets' hope they will be great for like 95% of all us players that wouldn't really like to spend more than 500 hours in order to say that "diablo 3 is sooo easy"...

thx. keep up the good work!

Ah, and just a suggestion for the new items:
Please make it clear that at the first glance, people in the auction house will see if a legendary item is a new or an old one! I can see many people trying to cheat by placing old legendaries at the same price than the new ones and hoping for someone to misplace a click, when there is clearly a big quality gap.
Reply Quote
Too little, too late.

I still play they game tho.

Regards,
Umbra Diaboli

I WILL INJURE U
Reply Quote
the thing that baffles me is why havent they thought about this when they released the game??!? i mean if it was me developing the game and having legendary gear i would automatically think that these should have affixes unique to them and only theirs. and i wnder how big the patch would be? if its a complete roll out of legendaries and tons of fixes shouldnt this be called patch. 1.1 or somthing...
Reply Quote
I know something... Ima get me a pair of those "Firewalkers" God dayummm those be some fine !@# looking treads. With the molton walk also...
Reply Quote
Cassio#2893 IS A SCAMER ! HE SCAMEMED LOTS OF PEOPLE !
BLIZZARD ARE U SLEEPING ?, HE EVEN HAS A FORUM DEDICATED TO HIM, HOW HE SCAMED LOTS OF PEOPLE !
WTH DINDT U BANED HIM TILL NOW?
Reply Quote
Cassio#2893 IS A SCAMER ! HE SCAMEMED LOTS OF PEOPLE !
BLIZZARD ARE U SLEEPING ?, HE EVEN HAS A FORUM DEDICATED TO HIM, HOW HE SCAMED LOTS OF PEOPLE !
WTH DINDT U BANED HIM TILL NOW?

Happents with people y dont know...in real life this !@#$ happents more often,get used to it and act smart,Blizzard aint your daddy anymore.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]