So the expansion is pretty much inevitable, so anyone got any story ideas?
I was thinking maybe setting ACT 5 in Westmarch, the place mention near the begining of Bastions keep. I was thinking it would have a kinda transelvanian feeling with a steam punkish twist, evil clockwork soldiers powered by blood, tramping around ancient industrial castles. Now that would be something I could get behind. The story would be something crazy like Adria freeing Baal and getting him to possess the 'heart' of Westmarch castle, thus controling the production of this crazy empire.
Sounds all cut and shut but then we have an ACT 6, set in some ancient primordial forest, where Lillith dwells, the demon that bore the first Nephalim and the person really in control of Adria? Ho hum not sure about that one but could work!
As far as the new class, it has to be some kind of Demon/Blood Knight. A proper honerable knight of Westmarch with his Steampunk related abilities, but with the ability to shapeshift into evil stuff like Werewolves, Vampires and the like.
I think the "priority" is clearing up with Adria. She rises to the main oponent after killing Diablo. I'm counting on more details about her life - before D1 for example. Who was her teacher in magic skills, maybe she was a student od Zann Esu (rather impossible, but...) or other, new magician clan? Or she is just a genius like our wizard class ;)
Personally I wait the most for Malthael. I was very upset when I found out that he didn't appear in D3. His power must be superb.
On the other hand I want to believe that Leah didn't come back. This character is a failure. She was middling and incerdibly boring. As a "doughter" of Prime Evil she should be more... conspicious. Even when Leah uses her power is so boooooooring.
How about these ; 1. Kill Adria.
2. Make a new ''eight evil maybe a fallen angel ? Imperius ? ; so u must stop him in raising new demon army...''
3. Create new heroes. Maybe some Angel,so when u kill Imperius u become the ArchAngel.
4. Make PvP!
Edited by Vato#2501 on 20/08/2012 10:47 BST
1. Killing Adria, and get to know her. Let's make her history as tristed(and legendary) as possible.
2. While searching the missing Black Soulstone, we find that Zultun Kulle is not dead. (he is not killable in the first place, right?). And, now, two powerful nephalems start a interesting talk and complicated relation.
SInce many players like a lot Kulle, it will be awsome for many to fight with him.
3. Save Leah, with the help from Kulle. In exchange, you need to give Kulle something....
4. Malthael is a great thing... new history could be made.
Places near water... in a dark forest... huge industrial city... or even somebody's mind to search things.
The most amazing map in current D3 is the towers in act III. I think.
Don't make demons/angels talk that much. It's really annoying with their voice.
1. new act/acts + new events in curent maps
2. story is unfinished so push it litle bit further (kill adria, save leah, cain becomes neaphelm..)
3. destroyable stuf is so useless..i used it maybe 1x to kil few zombies ..more work on that could be nice
4. some improovements to the followers..maybe new one and possibility to unskill them and pick another skills, adding more skills...
5. I am not sure about new class ..it is so ....you know what i mean ...already (DH-roguehunter, monk-kungfupaladin, WD-warlockshaman, comeon Blizzrd :D )
6. set items vith some bonuses together, more gemlike thingies what you can put into sockets, maybe forging something what makes aditional sockets to items and more versatile things like that
7. do something with skills and runes ..from certain moment i dont feel wanting to use newer runes because they just sucks..
there are lot of things comes to my mind to personalize the game more ..but that is for now ..i ..think..
1) I'm counting on killing Imperious... we killed all the demons... now lets kill angels turned mad... he is same thred to us as Diablo...
2) maybe runes, and runeword back? of course named different as runes now are used in skills...
3) some new classes of items... for example from hell and from heaven... which give you some extra powers... but in same time are deamned and take take the others... it would be nice to thinh wheather its good to have this sword which dmg is immense... but needs to be fed with your vitality if you don't kill enough mobs per minute...
Here's what the story would be if I were to write it :
(Lore elements annoted with BC are taken from the Book of Cain):
So we take back the story were we left it, Diablo being finally destroyed along with his brothers, and all seeming good and fine. Except for one thing : Malthaël, the former archangel of wisdom, is still missing (BC). No one knows where he currently is. After some research in the Burning Hells (so you can clean some of the remaining demons), you find out what he's doing ; He's searching for the other Worldstone (since it is called the Eye of Anu(BC), it is reasonnable to suspect there may be another one). Trying to get and secure the Worldstone back, you chase him through the many worlds he's creating, but somehow even though he's an angel the worlds he creates are infested with evil(that you bash, yay!). On your way, you encounter Adria, who is also on his tracks (because worldstone=power=possible Diablo resurrection). You bash her too, because come on, she deserved it.
Finally you happen to catch Malthaël, but as you suspected more and more during your chase, he's not simply an angel anymore, but has become severely corrupted (Blizzard loves good people turning corrupted). He claims that humanity is the source of the corruption, since they have a demonic ascendance. That's why as you entered each world he created, evil appeared within it. So humanity must be destroyed to allow the creation of evil-free worlds. He then vanishes to the next world, where you corner him by locking the Worldstone somehow. Tyraël confronts him, explaining that Malthaël is the source of the corruption, and destroying humanity is wrong. Then Tyraël retakes his role of Justice one last time to bring swift and harsh punishment on him. But as he wields El'druin, the sword breaks into pieces as it touches Malthaël. Why? Because El'Druin cannot harm the innocent(BC), and Malthaël was right the whole time. It wasn't him who corrupted all those worlds, you did, unvoluntarily. Choosing the persistence of evil over the end of humanity, you fight and destroy Malthaël, and the game ends with Tyraël stating that it is now the role of each human to repress the evil within him as much as possible, and fight it to make the world a better place.
Very interesting thread this, I look forward to reading more ideas :-)
I am curious though, if you could only pick one single thing you feel should be in the expansion, what would it be?
Also, just in case you haven't seen it, there is another thread similar to this one, where people share their ideas on what kind of content there should be in a new Act:
Well I'd very much like to see a special instance that had an enormous boss and it would require many people to kill.
I know I know, this ain't WoW DURR!! But still, it would make a game that otherwise still has many.... features that make it very unsocial, a somewhat social experience for those who do not wish to go at it solo all the time (no sexual insinuation here!).
And before you all go rage-mode on me: it's merely an idea and if it were implemented it should be a choice and not give advantage in any way.
Also, if not a boss instance, maybe like a small map where (more than 10) people could come in chat, show off, troll, help eachothe and DUEL. :D
Hi, I think OP has a really good idea with a transylvanian Westmarch gone all wrong. It would be cool to spruce up the paladin-which-must-be-coming with demon knight or blood infused vampire something. The dark castles, clockwork horrors and such sound really cool. I'd get behind that too!
Greyplayer has a good story element in the idea of human being the necessary evil - we cannot choose self-extinction so we have to carry the burden of our demonic heritage. I do too think Adria must be a stepping stone - not end boss. But (not being familiar with BC or lore) I think that Imperius is the bad guy we want to bash. It all seemed to go that way in act iv and I was sorely disappointed that the nephalem didnt take it all the way, killing both angels and demons to get peace. The world-skipping on the other hand seems a bit much and non-engaging. So other angel-fight and evil-human scenario is needed.
I'm not a fan of WoW and instances and since Diablo is 4-player, I'll just suggest that the boss fights get harder and have more of the thing we saw before launch of the siegebreaker in act 1 environment tearing a player limb from limb and skeletons storming in upon its demise. THAT is a boss fight!!!
Edited by OioxFûl#2919 on 15/11/2012 11:00 GMT
So the expansion is pretty much inevitable, so anyone got any story ideas?
Map/act: I would really want to see some jungle maps during daylight (don't say dalgur oasis because it doesn't do it) something like ACT3 from diablo 2 swampy/jungly map
Mood: I would like to see a day cycle like it was in D2 because it really ramps up the mood
Class: some strength class, maybe a shape shifter combo, something like druid could be fun
Items: Charms bring back those, i remember talisman from early development you could bring that back
Npc: Seriously a gambler and bring mystic in game
A skilltree, for the love of god bring back the skill tree and we can finally start trying to fix the game.
Since there are no new dev blogs up and stuff I guess a lot of the developer are finally taking their probably long overdue holidays... I can only prays that after some weeks of they have a clearer vision of the real problems of Diablo 3:
Worst Skill"system" --> No real customization, no relationship with your character, no incentive to re-roll, SKILLS ARE WEAPON DAMAGE BASED, this is such huge design flaw... --> itemization is bad.
I'm mostly happy with the game as-is, but here are the changes I would like to see, and they would work best by adjusting the base game as well.
If I had to choose one thing: Split the quests into main quests and side-quests or events (as per Titan Quest and other games). It's fine if we have to do some quests at key points, but it gets extremely annoying having to do the exact same quests in exactly the same way every single time. Generally speaking, you'll want "kill boss X and progress pass it" as main quests, with everything else as side-quests. The bgigest offender of this key problem is, in my personal opinion, the catapults in Act 3. Splitting this up would allow us to play the game far more freely.
- Increased outside randomization. A lot of the game is spent in outside areas, and a lof ot outside areas are just too similar in shape that even the randomised events and set pieces don't do make it random enough that. Once you've been through, you know exacly where to go.
- In extension of the above, alternative paths. This ties in well with my primary choice of what I'd like to see in the expansion.
- Increased atmospheric randomization. Lighting and sound can change the mood of any scene significantly. That same damp cellar looks very different if there's a purplish mist and magical swirls than if there's a red-yellow hue with dust particles and a heat shimmer. Simply create
- In extension of the above, a day/night cycle - IF this can be done well. It will increase replayability and feel more random if we're seeing different areas of the game at different times. It's still a game, so it doesn't have to go pitch-black.
More depth: By depth in this context I mean depth in the map. As it is, I can /see/ my characters occasionally moving up or down a little bit, or going down "into a cave" or up "onto a set of stairs", but it's followed by a zone change, which rather kills the sense of depth - it all feels very flat. This is even true of what is currently the final act, where there should be a better sense of increased elevation. I'm not really sure how to work on this or what would or wouldn't work, but it might be worth looking into.
Gear: Additional options, such as enchantment. I understand that you feel that these don't really add anything per se, but I disagree with that assessment. It's fine to have some double systems in the game. I'd suggest something along the lines of crafting, but you might want to work on the potential inventory issues for this. On that note...
Increased inventory: It really bugs me when games bring out expansions and do not increase your ability to store items. Yes, I am a WoW player with many filled banks, and a grudge. :-P Might I suggest a small personal storage chest for each character, in addition to the shared stash? This is especially useful because it lets us collect gear for our alts without it taking up inventory space during playing. It's very annoying collecting good pieces of gear for an alt, transferring it to them, and having your Lv13 Barbarian play with only one-third of his inventory free.
Zones: Definitely, undoubtedly, a jungle-y area. Of all the zones, I'd really hoped this would have been the one to make it into Diablo 3, and I was really disappointed it wasn't the case.
Increased zone activity: Zones feel really dull. It's essentially a hero smacking demonic monsters. There is some REACTIVE activity in the form of breakables and chandeliers and such, but what would really make the game more exciting is an increased amount of ACTIVE activity. Think "boss special attacks", without the boss.
Collector's edition: Another epic collector's edition, with a ton of extras. I love my Diablo 3 CE. <3
Fishing. Haha, I kid. It doesn't really fit into this game. I enjoy it in Torchlight, though. :D
I'm sure there's more, but that's what I've got right now. :)
For a new class, how about a fallen angel class? Maybe some of the weak angels who got corrupted have now been cast out by imperious and they've got a grudge against demons.
I'd like to see some individual quests for each of the followers, like rescuing Lyndon's brother and fighting off the thieves guild on the way. Obviously Adria must be caught as well.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.