Diablo® III

How is experience shared in party ?

How does it work?
Lets assume base monster exp is 100 and there are 4 players in game.
Does killing the monster give 100 exp, 400 exp or something else ?
Does player levels affect this ?
Reply Quote
You get exactly the same exp when you play solo and when you play with 4 player group no matter if you killed the mob or you were standing next to it. You just need to be in the area of the influence.
Area of influence is about 2/3 of the minimap (some people tested it).
Reply Quote
View profile
Since when did experience share among co-players ?!
Reply Quote
View profile
22/08/2012 12:16Posted by HeavenRaven

15/5 ?
Reply Quote

15/5 ?

I'm pretty sure it was never shared. Everyone get its own xp as well as its own gear, so that coop can be as good as solo to play.
Edited by Aesahaettr#2377 on 22/08/2012 12:19 BST
Reply Quote
So how is it ??
Reply Quote
It was NEVER shared.
You get the same abount of exp when playing solo or with team.
Reply Quote
View profile

15/5 ?

I'm pretty sure it was never shared. Everyone get its own xp as well as its own gear, so that coop can be as good as solo to play.

you are not right, definetly not from 1.03 patch. i can stand still and see how my exp bar will raise, while other fights in coop.... (i was looking at this last week)
Edited by Sophitia#2352 on 22/08/2012 12:29 BST
Reply Quote
Perfect great to hear that. Since it would be pretty dumb to boost party play via other stuff and then penalize players in a party by shared xp... But hey its blizz so i wanted to get this straight
Reply Quote
View profile
Each player has their own EXP rolls. This means there is no difference to leveling rate from EXP earned weather there is 1 or 4 players in a session. That said there is a minor difference when playing with players of different levels (lower level players earn less EXP than the higher level player). This might be wrong though as it may just be an EXP penalty for killing monsters that are a higher level than you. At 60 all EXP is awarded in parallel so player number makes no difference.

You will want to play with as many players as possible as each only adds 75% more monster healt but adds 100% or more combat effectivness to the group. This means you will kill monsters faster with 4 players than alone.
Edited by DrSuperGood#1327 on 22/08/2012 12:34 BST
Reply Quote
Isn't there any official info by Blizzard on this ? It's an important aspect of the game.
For example, do you have to hit the monsters at least once, or it doesn't make a difference and you gain the same amount of EXP whether you hit the mob or not ?
Reply Quote
View profile
so, again.

last week, I stand still in coop game, and only saw how exp bar raised, because OTHERS fights.
Reply Quote
22/08/2012 12:33Posted by DrSuperGood
Each player has their own EXP rolls. This means there is no difference to leveling rate from EXP earned weather there is 1 or 4 players in a session.

Thank you.
So it works in a way that those who are not in the area will not get the exp.
Those who are in the area won't benefit anything if there are for example players idling in town, they are actually penalized as they will have to kill monsters with more hitpoints.

In other words, it does not pay off to have two accounts, one character idling in town in order to gain more paragon exp for one character.

I fully understand why this game does not have /follow command.
Reply Quote
View profile
The interesting thing to note is Blizzard supports "BRB".

If you need to go to town to sell items or quick break you will still earn experience and have items drop as long as the rest of the team does not move far away from where you use town portal. After the distance is exceeded you start to gain nothing.
Reply Quote

you are not right, definetly not from 1.03 patch. i can stand still and see how my exp bar will raise, while other fights in coop.... (i was looking at this last week)

Yup that's exactly what is meant by "xp is not shared" you gain full loot and xp for every monster that dies in a zone, regardless of the nature of the killer or the number of players. By example in solo, you get xp for monsters killed by another monster explosion.
Reply Quote
View profile

Yup that's exactly what is meant by "xp is not shared" you gain full loot and xp for every monster that dies in a zone, regardless of the nature of the killer or the number of players. By example in solo, you get xp for monsters killed by another monster explosion.

Ok :o)

If this is how it should work as intended.... lol.
Reply Quote
View profile
Not within a zone, only within an area. You will notice good drops dissapear if the monster is too far away and EXP gain stops.
Edited by DrSuperGood#1327 on 22/08/2012 13:23 BST
Reply Quote
22/08/2012 13:23Posted by DrSuperGood
Not within a zone, only within an area. You will notice good drops dissapear if the monster is too far away and EXP gain stops.

Yeah sorry, I'm not english to begin with hence the mistake, by zone I meant zone around the player (or the monster, same thing)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]