Diablo® III

Extreme purist challenge: new mode + leaderboards

Extreme purist – Basic Mode

Concept:

A purist character is known for loathing the Auction House. His/her main goal is completing all difficulties as a solo character without external aid (help during questing, money/item wise, …). This challenge often offers a solution for those who feel like there’s a lack of end-game or challenge. During the challenge you will most definitely slowly progress, but the completion of a quest or finding a nice gear upgrade is often much more rewarding compared to normal play. The extreme edition is known for disallowing the use of the vitality and/or + % life affix.

Rules/restrictions:

• You may not use the auction house
  • You may not trade with other characters, except for other purist players who are part of your team
  • You may not swap items between your own purist characters
  • You may only party with other extreme purists from your team
  • You may only use gold/gems/items found on your purist character (you may transfer these between the team members)
  • You may purchase items from the in-game vendor
  • Your maximum life can never be higher than your basic life (so no increased life by skills and/or items)
  • Your items may not have the Vitality affix
  • Your items may not have the + % life affix
  • You may not use the Amethyst Gem. Exception: weapon slot
  • Hardcore mode
  • These rules/restrictions also apply for your hireling
  • You are allowed to use your artisan, even if it is upgraded by another character. Exception: crafts added by a crafting plan are not allowed, unless you have found the plan on your purist character.
  • ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extreme purist – Health Phobia mode

A well experienced extreme purist literally disgusts the thought of having extra life. The health phobia mode is made for those who despise anything health related. You do not need any life restoring gear and abilities, simply because you expect not to get hit. You survive by dodging, blocking or mitigating incoming attacks. You do not require potions, you have no life regeneration, and attacking or killing monsters does not reward extra life through the means of Life on Hit or damage conversion into life. The only time you will be healed is when you accidentally run through a health globe. When this (rather disappointing event) would occurs you cannot deny a sense of guilt.

Rules/restrictions:

• You may not use the auction house
  • You may not trade with other characters, except for other purist players who are part of your team
  • You may not swap items between your own purist characters
  • You may only party with other extreme purists from your team
  • You may only use gold/gems/items found on your purist character (you may transfer these between the team members)
  • Health globes are allowed
  • Amethyst gem is not allowed (including weapon slot)
  • The affix " Health globes grant + X life" is allowed
  • You may purchase items from the in-game vendor
  • You may not heal in town (only way to replenish your life is by healthglobes or leveling up)
  • Your items may not have the Vitality affix
  • Your items may not have the + % life affix
  • Your items may not have the Life on Hit affix
  • Your items may not have the Life after Kill affix
  • Your items may not have the Lifesteal affix
  • Your items may not have the life regeneration affix
  • Your items may not have the Life per Spirit Spent affix
  • Your items may not have the Life per Fury Spent affix
  • You may not use any potion
  • Restricted Barbarian skills, runes & passives: Rend – Blood Lust, Whirl Wind – Blood Funnel, Ignore Pain – Ignorance is Bliss, Ancient Spear – Dread Spear, Revenge (every rune), Furious Charge – Dreadnought, Overpower – Revel, War Cry – Invigorate, Inspiring Presence, Bloodthirst, Juggernaut.
  • Restricted Monk skills, runes & passives: Breath of Heaven (every rune), Serenity – Peaceful repose, Inner Sanctuary – Inner Haven, Cyclone Strike – Soothing Breeze, Mantra of Healing (every rune), Transcendence, Near Death Experience.
  • Restricted Demon Hunter skills, runes & passives: Shadow Power (every rune), Preparation – Battle Scars, Marked for Death – Death Toll, Sentry – Aid Station, Cluster Arrow – Maelstrom, Brooding.
  • Restricted Witch Doctor skills, runes & passives: Firebats – Vampire bats, Haunt – Consuming Spirit, Summon Zombie Dogs – Final Gift, Summon Zombie Dogs – Leeching Beasts, Spirit Walk – Healing Journey, Hex – Hedge Magic, Soul Harvest – Siphon, Sacrifice – For the Master, Spirit Barrage – Phlebotomize, Big Bad Voodoo – Ghost Trance, Blood Ritual, Spirit Vessel, Grave Injustice.
  • Restricted Wizard skills, runes & passives: Magic Weapon – Blood Magic, Galvanizing Ward.
  • Restricted Templar skills: Heal, Loyalty, Guardian.
  • Hardcore mode
  • These rules/restrictions also apply for your hireling
  • You are allowed to use your artisan, even if it is upgraded by another character. Exception: crafts added by a crafting plan are not allowed, unless you have found the plan on your purist character.

• ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaderboards (see next posts):

If you would like to be included to our leaderboard we ask you to record all boss fights, and upload these to YouTube. When recording, you need to hover your mouse cursor over your items (and those of your teammates) as a proof of not using any of the listed affix restrictions. If you want to update your progress, just reply and give us the link of the particular boss fight. I will edit the leaderboard with the correct progress status, including your YouTube channel (in case other members would like to follow your progress).

The following boss fights require recording:

Act 1:
  • Skeleton King
  • Queen Araneae
  • The Butcher

• Act2:
  • Magda
  • Leah’s rescue
  • Zoltun Kulle
  • Belial

• Act3:
  • Ghom
  • Siegebreaker
  • Cydea
  • Azmodan

• Act4:
  • Iskatu
  • Rakanoth
  • Izual
  • Diablo

• Leaderboard divisions:

Solo team: consists of every class.
    Hybrid team: consists of one or more ranged classes and one or more melee classes.
    Melee team: consists only of melee classes.
    Ranged team: consists only of ranged classes.
    Melee classes: Barbarian, Monk
    Ranged classes: Demon Hunter, Witch Doctor & Wizard

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Teamplay conditions:

• You may never leave town without the complete party
  • You are allowed to "vendorfarm" new items (does not require the complete team), this can be done by creating a new game (vendor items reset this way)
  • All items found within the team are transferable between your teammates
  • Items found on another character/purist may never be used on your teamplay purist
  • If one of the teammembers dies, the challenge is done. You can no longer progress on the leaderboards.

Credits:

• Dazzed: helping me out on the grammar side of the intoduction texts & the rules
  • Edited by Meerski#2861 on 19/09/2012 10:56 BST
    Reply Quote
    Leaderboard Extreme Purist – Basic mode:

This leaderboard also includes the ranking of other sub modes, as they're harder to complete.

Soloplay:________________________________________________________

Barbarian:

1. Theurgist - Leah's Rescue (normal) - Channel: Smajla82 - ALIVE

Demon Hunter:

1. BoDo - Magda (nightmare) - Channel: 8o0o - RIP
    2. ThaReaper - Belial (normal) - Channel: ThaReaperStudios - RIP
    3. MammbosGR - Skeleton King (normal) - Channel: Mammos1993 - ALIVE

Monk:

1. Jus7ice - The Butcher (nightmare) - Channel: darkythepich - ALIVE
    2. SoulSpeed - Belial (normal) - Channel: DJSoulSpeed - RIP
    3. ThaReaper - The Butcher (normal) - Channel: ThaReaperStudios - ALIVE

Witch Doctor:

1. Grishnak - Iskatu (nightmare) - Channel: Grishnak79 - RIP
    2. Kejsersauce - Magda (nightmare) - Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCL021_VZPxYpz3ydGkYufw?feature=watch - ALIVE
    3. Meerski - Azmodan (normal) - Channel: D3errors - RIP

Wizard:

1. Kejsersauce - Magda (normal) - Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCL021_VZPxYpz3ydGkYufw?feature=watch - RIP

2 players:________________________________________________________

Hybrid:

1. Iwork4Ebay & Scheike - Barb + WD - The butcher (normal) - Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfiDi9Br0tEtWZTZ9tXESmA?feature=results_main - ALIVE

Melee:

No contestants yet.

Ranged:

1. Dazzed & Meerski - 2x WD - Azmodan (nightmare) - Channel: D3errors - RIP
    2. JahIthBer & Nycrux - 2x WD - Belial (nightmare) - Channel: NycJahD3 - RIP
    3. Le Hero & Jus7ice - WD + DH - Belial (normal) - Channel: darkythepich - ALIVE

3 players:________________________________________________________

Hybrid:

No contestants yet.

Melee:

No contestants yet.

Ranged:

No contestants yet.

4 players:________________________________________________________

Hybrid:

No contestants yet.

Melee:

No contestants yet.

Ranged:

No contestants yet.
    Edited by Meerski#2861 on 28/09/2012 11:07 BST
    Reply Quote
    Leaderboard Extreme Purist – Health Phobia mode:

This leaderboard only includes the ranking of Health Phobia mode progress.

Soloplay:________________________________________________________

Barbarian:

1st. Meerski - Belial (normal) - Channel: D3errors - RIP
    2nd. Dazzed - Leah's Rescue (normal) - Channel: Dan Dazzed - RETIRED

Demon Hunter:

1st. Vamp - Izual (normal) - Channel: VampKiruna - RIP
    2. Meerski - Zoltun Kulle (normal) - Channel: D3ERRORS - RIP

Monk:

1. Margon - The Butcher (normal) - Channel: habbe1983 - ALIVE

Witch Doctor:

1st. Meerski - Skeleton King (normal) - Channel: D3ERRORS - ALIVE

Wizard:

1st. Teazle - Izual (normal) - Channel: Teazle01 - RIP
    2. Dazzed - The Butcher (normal) - Channel: Dan Dazzed - ALIVE

2 players:________________________________________________________

Hybrid:

No contestants yet.

Melee:

1. Vamp & Ungar - Monk & Barb - Queen Araneae (normal) - Channel: VampKiruna - RIP

Ranged:

1. Dazzed & Teazle - Wizard & WD - Maghda (normal) - Channel: Dan Dazzed - ALIVE
    2. Meerski & Dazzed - 2x Wizard - The Butcher (normal) - Channel: D3errors - RIP

3 players:________________________________________________________

Hybrid:

No contestants yet.

Melee:

No contestants yet.

Ranged:

No contestants yet.

4 players:________________________________________________________

Hybrid:

No contestants yet.

Melee:

No contestants yet.

Ranged:

No contestants yet.
    Edited by Meerski#2861 on 28/09/2012 11:10 BST
    Reply Quote
    Hall of Fallen Heroes: RIP videos

• Meerski - Soloplay - Iskatu (normal) - Witch Doctor - Basic mode:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0mAnmWgIdA
  • Dazzed - 2 player team - Iskatu (nightmare) - 2x Witch Doctor - Basic mode:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efKTgcy1Lo8
  • Meerski - Soloplay - The keep of depths level 2 (normal) - Barbarian - Health Phobia mode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHEMXXEkjq0&feature=youtu.be
  • Meerski - Soloplay - Belial (normal) - Demon hunter - Health Phobia mode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Foth06rblgU
  • ThaReaper - Soloplay - Belial (normal) - Demon Hunter - Basic mode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwYLysSKTO8&feature=plcp
  • Kejsersauce - soloplay - the butcher (normal) - wizard - basic mode
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW4SWlS4JmM&feature=youtu.be
  • JahIthBer & Nycrux - Belial (nightmare) - 2x Witch Doctor - Basic mode :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=958Julr64Yw
  • Teazle - Diablo (normal) - wizard - Health Phobia mode :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4peK1NrsA0Q&feature=youtu.be
  • Edited by Meerski#2861 on 14/09/2012 11:42 BST
    Reply Quote
    Looking for players:

Give us your battletag by replying to this thread, please inform us in which challenge/mode you are interested and if you're up to 2, 3 or 4 player challenges. Do you have a class you absolutely want to play, or one you don't want to? Just say so and I'll update your status.

Extreme Purist - Basic Mode:________________________________________________________

• Meerski#2861 - any class - 2/3/4 player groups
  • SoulSpeed#2670 - any class - 2/3/4 player groups
  • styppe #2507 - any class - 2/3/4 player groups

• Extreme Purist - Health Phobia Mode:________________________________________________

• Meerski#2861 - any class - 2/3/4 player groups
  • SoulSpeed#2670 - any class - 2/3/4 player groups
  • styppe #2507 - any class - 2/3/4 player groups
  • Edited by Meerski#2861 on 07/09/2012 16:43 BST
    Reply Quote
    Recording Tools:

Gamebooster:_____________________________________________________________

Download: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Pro:
  • Optimization program
  • Records Full HD (1080p)
  • Including sound
  • Converted into .mkv extension
  • Easy to use
  • For free

• Cons:
  • Noticeable FPS drop
  • Edited by Meerski#2861 on 06/09/2012 11:29 BST
    Reply Quote
    Reserved for partnership references.

Dazzed's log: Monday, 27 August, 2012 - 1:47 PM
    My partner Meerski and I have embarked on our new Extreme Purist journey, where we decided to take the path of the Health Phobia mode.
    To honor Ironman I have decided to take on the name of TonyStark.
    -
    Tony Stark's log: Monday, 27 August, 2012 - 3:13 PM
    We are en route to rescue the mysterious stranger. Our mission to seek out and destroy the Skeleton King was a success. So far we have found little resistances from the Cathedral's inhabitants. Onwards to unravel the secrets of the mysterious stranger."
    -
    Tony Stark's log: Wednesday, 29 August, 2012 - 6:22 AM
    My partner Meerski and myself were successful in defeating The Butcher, as he was no match for the power of two (arrogant) Wizards. Soon we will dwell in the hot desert of Act II, but we're having a nice break in Caldeum's harem for the moment.
    -
    Tony Stark's log - from the grave: Wednesday, 29 August, 2012 - 12:50 AM
    It appears my time spent in Caldeum's harem has left me weak in the end. Not long after our adventure in the desert my faith was already sealed. In an attempt to perform a chain-CC on champion Triune Leader Blood Guards and a dozen Cultists, I wasted my Diamond Skin and Frost Nova cooldowns when a Force Wave scattered them at the wrong moment. Perhaps kiting and retreat should've been a better alternative, but that is not the way of the Starks.
    For what it is worth; I'm reunited with my father again.
    Edited by Dazzed#1370 on 29/08/2012 12:07 BST
    Reply Quote
    I like the idea, but isn't restricting spells a little steep?
    Reply Quote
    27/08/2012 11:13Posted by Noob

Sure it is, but if you don't like the restrictions you can always go for the basic mode - which is already very difficult :) The additional modes are for those who did one or more basic mode attempts, but are looking for an increase of difficulty.

I'll be adding a few extra modes in the next days.
    Reply Quote
    27/08/2012 11:13Posted by Noob

As always: "No nuts, no glory!" :)
    Reply Quote
    SgtSquishy reporting for duty!
    I'll be joining the ranks in the Basic mode to start with.

Well the first try with my DH was a bit shorter than anticipated, after successfully making my way to the Cemetery of the Forsaken, I felt confident enough to seek out the governor.
    The first crypt had 2 Elites which were easily disposed of, so I advanced to the second one.
    In the middle of this crypt was the Jar of Souls event, having completed this event many times before on my Monk and SC Demon Hunter, I saw this as an easy way so "score" me a nice blue.
    As the skeletons appeared and were butchered down by a rain of arrows I started to notice they were getting a bit to close for comfort, so I shot a path through them with Rapid Fire, planted a Caltrop and ran for my life.
    After making it to the only safe corner I found I knew it was going to be close, I needed to survive for about 15sec before the event would be over.
    I saw my health drop and fired everything I had at them.. Only to die with a minimal amount of red left on the timer..
    The deeds of SgtSquishy will not be remembered! (She was only lvl 7 so can't be added to the Archives)
    I have learned one thing from this though, I am not going to do anymore events in the purist challenge!
    The new SgtSquishy is already up and running and made it past the Skeleton King, only recording went wrong so I'll beat him again and upload it after dinner.
    Hopefully this time he'll drop a Yellow without +Vit!
    Reply Quote
    Here it is then, my first "Boss" fight on my purist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ygpe1kU0hMw&feature=plcp

After watching it myself I noticed I forgot to show the Templar's items, well actually forgot to dismiss him as I usually never use a follower.
    He still has the white Javelin/Buckler he starts with however..
    Reply Quote
    Here is the video for Queen Araneae aswell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gGlj3HeHe0&feature=youtu.be

However with this video comes some grave news, SgtSquishy has passed on to the High Heavens, she was killed by a Dark Cultist after disrupting all of the ceremonies in the Lyceum and was heading for the exit.

Rest in Peaces SgtSquishy
    Reply Quote
    Here is the video for Queen Araneae aswell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gGlj3HeHe0&feature=youtu.be

However with this video comes some grave news, SgtSquishy has passed on to the High Heavens, she was killed by a Dark Cultist after disrupting all of the ceremonies in the Lyceum and was heading for the exit.

Rest in Peace SgtSquishy

"To the Unformed Land with y... I mean RIP Sir"
    Reply Quote
    Dazzed's log: Tuesday, 28 August, 2012 - 12:37 PM
    Boudicca the Fearless has arrived at New Tristram to start her Extreme Purist journey as a sole Barbarian. She is a Health Phobic type of warrior, seeking retribution for Harrogath's unfortunate fate. May the Ancients bless her furious soul.
    Reply Quote
    New video's of my 3th attempt at SK and Araneae are uploading, Youtube is taking it's time however.. It's not like i'm uploading HD movies..

Before I fought the Skeleton King my DH had not yet used a potion, and I was not intending to during this fight either.. but as you will see when the videos are up.. I tried to survive without one but instinct took over at some point and before I knew it I had taken a potion..

Anyways I made it to the Halls of Agony so the next challenge is going to be the Warden and eventually... the Butcher, which worries me the most. As my DH is kinda allergic to any form or pain.. especially his floor -_-'
    Reply Quote
    Dazzed's log: Tuesday, 28 August, 2012 - 16:55 PM
    Boudicca has defeated the Skeleton King! Onwards to the Spider Queen.

Boudicca the Fearless is a sole Extreme Purist, and a Health Phobic Barbarian.

Video: http://youtu.be/10MO9lQmnP0
    Reply Quote
    All the best on the new chapter!

The previous posts have been great to follow.

Much respect to this insane group!
    Reply Quote
    Ok here are the videos, I have given up on the idea of running without a follower and not using potions, it's just to hard and I can't just sit back and watch myself die when my potion is not on CD :P

Skeletor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cAA--WOZ8E
    Araneae: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZajJbmUkFo
    Warden: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOaa5AdbZ9c
    Butcher: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NClAYUsGjb8

Edit: SgtSquishy has just been killed(os'd with full hp) in Act 2 by one of the summons with the huge hammer :(
    I now firmly believe the name SgtSquishy to be jinxed by the Lord of Misfortune(does that one even exist?).
    Therefor my DH will now be known as.. Please don't kick me for this :p
    IllidanStrom.. Because I couldn't fit Stormrage entirely =)
    Edited by ThaReaper#2957 on 29/08/2012 00:07 BST
    Reply Quote
    All the best on the new chapter!

The previous posts have been great to follow.

Much respect to this insane group!

Cheers!
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]