Diablo® III

D1 and D2 remake

Who would like to see this in a D3 version ?

i know i would
Reply Quote
The client is too "simplified" to support all D2 features. Sadly there is no fix for d3, there is only a new game that can be better then this one.
Reply Quote
i like diablo 3 and all its functions mechanics, i would just like to play D2 or D1 in D3 style, it doesnt have to have skill tree system or runes, everything can be the same as D3 only, D2/D1 maps bosses monsters quests
Edited by Bashiok#2570 on 29/08/2012 13:59 BST
Reply Quote
http://postimage.org/image/tpx9igeu7/

lolwut...
Reply Quote
AREN'T YOU THAAAAAANKFUUUUUULLLL!!!.
Reply Quote

lolwut...

lol woot :D , you will never know :D

29/08/2012 14:31Posted by LeeroyJerkin
AREN'T YOU THAAAAAANKFUUUUUULLLL!!!.

i know you are just a pity troll waiting to be fed but i will reply anyway

i am you don't have to yell, i'm no whiner i just said i would like to see D2 and D1 in D3 style...
Edited by Bashiok#2570 on 29/08/2012 14:43 BST
Reply Quote
i'll take your money anytime you want !
Reply Quote

lolwut...

lol woot :D , you will never know :D

i take it u noticed the name :)

and yea, im right with ya on the remake of either of them...
Reply Quote
Community

i know i would

I presume you are thinking of an HD remake of Diablo I and II, please correct me if I am wrong :-)

I am sure a lot of people would love to see that, myself included of course as I have great memories of both those games. It may not be a good idea to wish for this too hard though, because our developers prefer for their games to move forward and evolve.

Most developers generally prefer to spend their time creating new things, which is why we generally do not see many HD remakes of great game classics I guess. Also, doing HD remakes require a lot of resources as well as time to do properly, which I am sure is also a factor for why HD remakes are not more common than they are. That being said, one should never say never. Perhaps one day we will see HD versions of Blizzard classics :-)
Reply Quote
Personally I find HD remakes are about as cheap a ploy to make money as is converting already released films as a new 3d version. I'm not paying another 15 quid to see finding nemo in 3d when I saw it years and years ago and I already have the dvd. Same reason I wouldn't pay to play Diablo 1 with a new anti aliasing feature.

I liked D1 and still do because it looks so old. I still play Sonic 1 on my Sega Saturn. A new release of sonic 1 in 'HD' being sold for 20 pounds would not entice me to buy it. I already have it. I already play it. I'm not paying more to play a fancier looking version.
Reply Quote
It may not be a good idea to wish for this too hard though, because our developers prefer for their games to move forward and evolve

LOL you call d3 evolution ? A game from 13 years ago is more sophisticated than a game from 2012 made by a multi-billion dollar company, except for the graphics of course, think about it.

I bet there are more people playing d2 than d3 in this moment.
Reply Quote

i know i would

one does not simply needs advanced graphics to enjoy a masterpiece.
Reply Quote
Community
29/08/2012 18:08Posted by Azazel
I bet there are more people playing d2 than d3 in this moment.

You would be wrong, but who cares really when hyperbole is so much fun ;-)
Reply Quote
Owned. xD
Reply Quote
Yeah, but how many would be playing D2 if the characters didn't wipe after 90 days inactivity, I know I would be if I hadn't missed a 90 day logon by a day some years ago.
Reply Quote
Lets start with high resolution patches for those or even windowed mode for Diablo 1 (and SC1). Who am I kidding :(
Reply Quote
29/08/2012 18:19Posted by Minotaur
Yeah, but how many would be playing D2 if the characters didn't wipe after 90 days inactivity, I know I would be if I hadn't missed a 90 day logon by a day some years ago.

Well that's the beauty, even if the characters didn't wipe, there are ladder resets every once in a while.. so that people don't get bored and need to start playing again and again and again..... and again. And im pretty sure d3 will be dead in a year at the most just because there's no ladder and reset once in a while. Nobody likes playing the same character through the same boring content over and over again for years.

29/08/2012 18:18Posted by Gluume
Owned. xD

How am i being owned ? He said hyperboles are so much fun. Do you know what hyperbole is ?
Reply Quote
29/08/2012 17:58Posted by Vaneras
It may not be a good idea to wish for this too hard though, because our developers prefer for their games to move forward and evolve

So often I have thought about this. But in the end sometimes sequels are remakes of the same game just better and new story.

I wouldn't say that for D3. In fact I feel D3 is an entire new game, that does not really:

29/08/2012 17:58Posted by Vaneras
move forward and evolve

If D3 had the same base mechanics as D2 I would say it did evolve, but clearly on these forums you see the community keeps refering to D2 and that the game mechanics are fundamently different including the skill system been totally different and no control of how your stats are spent amongst other things.

I believe (and I am sure many others do too) that if Blizzard took the entire engine of D2 and plugged into the graphics system of D3, but kept game play and story exactly the same, the sales would equal or better D2 legacy sales, and for the matter current sales of D3.

I'm not saying D3 is a bad game. I am saying the D3 and D2 have totally different mechanics that make them both brilliant games, but D2 has what the diablo players want that somehow D3 did not "evolve" to maintain.

I said this before, if the core team who develop the games stay developing them, they will keep the mechanics that everyone likes. The same happened with other franchises where new remakes are nowhere near the same mechanics that their predessors had, examples Duke Nukem Forever, UTIII and more.

Blizzard did well in SC2. In fact WC3 and SC2 both are excellent sequels that kept the game mechanics that keep players interested. D3 seems to have dropped the ball here.

Ofcourse this all my opinion and all the same I love D3 but I have stopped comparing it to D2 because I now see them as fundamentally different games... Been blizzard player since Warcraft/Lost Vikings/Diablo 1 etc came out... so I still love all your games!!!!
Edited by DJRob#1474 on 29/08/2012 18:33 BST
Reply Quote
Community
29/08/2012 18:19Posted by Minotaur

Hard to say if that would actually have an impact on today's Diablo II player base really, but maybe it would... I have personally lost my fair share of Diablo II characters over the years, but I was never too upset about that as I personally enjoyed the levelling of characters more than doing farm runs on max level characters :-)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]