I'd love if we could have thread without whining, trolls, etc.
As well, it would be cool if some of ideas would get Blizzard attention.
Please add some of yours if you have them, as more people give ideas there will be more chances that some of them can actually get implemented.
Edited by sahataba#2599 on 08/09/2012 22:42 BST
Add a Legendary cooldown, meaning you can't get more than 1 per 4/8/12/24 hours game time (duration totally flexible - would need the thought putting in). Add an internal buff that increases your chance of getting a legendary item when off cooldown by a small amount per 4/8/12/24... hours game time.
So, the longer it goes you don't get a legendary, the more likely you get one. When you do, you go on cooldown.
All magic find related bonuses would still apply.
Guess we're looking for some kind of certainty on drops. In other ways expectation management.
Like in Diablo 2 on Mephisto runs, you were certain you could expect to find a Shaco (+2 all skills, damage reduction). But you also knew, you could never expect to find a Windforce at Mephi, for that you needed ol' Pindleskin.
We need these kind of expectations back in Diablo 3. At least that would bring back the fun for me.
Exactly. It's really frustrating to have 50+ hours of gameplay with no legendary (or good rare for that matter) while other players report that they're found several ones.
Here are mine ideas:
1) Let us travel through acts and since someone has cleared (for example) Act 2, from now on he can clear act 1 and then go to act 2 and have all the waypoints until Belial (like D2)
2) Some certain drops on bosses or elites. Just make the key bosses (Siege, Belial etc) a bit harder and give them better drops. Put some specific elites on certain places (with a spawn chance maybe), like Pindleskin, and give them too some certain drops that we might need (like the two dungeons in Festering Woods)
3) Buff (drop-wise) the "purple" random bosses (like Nine Toads, Pazuzu etc).
4) Maybe put some ultra hard rare spawn boss in every act with only good drops. A boss that we might ask for a friend to help maybe. Event or no, i think its going to be very interesting
5) Make some very good items untradeable via AH-RMAH.
6) Let us make our public games with the option of naming them as we please (that is to say, pointing to the purpose, like D2 "offer Zakas need X")
7) In Ponny level, put more normal mobs. Its more fun to have constantly 70 mobs around you every once in a while. The higher the mob-density is, the run is more fun.
8) Tell us something about the Black Rock Ledgers :P (or put an event that includes them instead)
9) Find a way to make the game more social. Public games should have room for more than 4 characters (say 8 for example).
and the most importand
10) Do not let AH-RMAH ruin this game.
Edited by Hegel#2996 on 30/08/2012 15:24 BST
1) Add a new difficulty level or rework the whole difficulty level system(massively buffing Inferno in the process). 3 difficulty levels before Inferno are useless and Inferno is way too easy with too many useless drops. A much harder difficulty with better ivl60+ drop chance is absolutely essential and the first thing that should be addressed imo. I actually started a thread about this a while back. Check http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5207772970 for details.
2) Add auto-pickup and show/hide options for drops. For example, I would love to auto-pickup sets, legendaries, any rare above ilvl 60, any ring or amulet of any level, gems, tome of secrets and health potions and not see anything else drop except for plans.
3) Add more monster varieties. Something other than champions and elites. Maybe these new varieties should have different and more powerful affixes. Buffing uniques can be a first step in this direction. And please try to make the affixes more about skill than gear-check. For example, I love the traps of Diablo which can be avoided but very nasty if you get caught. Ofc, these new monsters should have better drops. :)
4) Add an identify all button.
Well they'd be in better shape than after running 10 current pony levels as I have to kill 5 packs on act I for NV to max my loot in pony land.
And as it's way too short it's waste of time comparing to Act III farm.
Edited by sahataba#2599 on 01/09/2012 13:01 BST
1. Maybe add some way of saving a preset skill build+item setup, for example if soloing act2 or mfing act3 or playing in a party. Few different skills, few
different items. That way you could quickly load your setup and play.
2. Some info on how you acquired the item you have, is it trade, drop, gift, ah, rmah?
with so many items over time would be nice to know where was it from.
Yeah rotating tab with skills you use, something like in WoW if I remember well (as I haven't played it for 4-5y) would be cool, at least if we had 2 tabs, but than again it would remove NV so that sucks :(
For gear I doubt they'll do it as it would make MF gear swapping even easier, and whole point of paragon system is avoiding MF gear swapping.
Tho as stated above it would be cool to be able to do it with weapons/off hands like in D2.
Scrap the current version, hire Brevik and BlizzNorth back, spend less than 8 years in development, deliver what is promised ,such as pvp, and BAM D3 will succeed. :P
p.s. do not allow any of the community team members to post dumb sht like 'arent you thankful' after release :) <---Gold
Edited by Eights#1782 on 01/09/2012 15:39 BST
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.