Diablo® III

Completed Inferno ... disappointing ...

Over the weekend I eventually managed to kill Diablo in Inferno "finishing" the game effectively and was waiting for the big fanfare etc .... and nothing. Just the same as finishing every other level.

Was kinda disappointed as I was expecting a little more that what I'd seen already given that it's taken so long to get through Inferno. Started Inferno at Act I again, and go bored quite soon so decided to start another character. At least now I know when I get there again not to expect anything ....
Reply Quote
i'm curious... what DID you expect ? big fanfare ? =D
Reply Quote
Bing achievement unlocked.

I suppose they could have given those players a nice new cinematic or a first kill legendary. It is really to bad . I agree that the reward should be higher if you feel like you wasted much to get there.
Reply Quote
Blizzard were hoping you to expect less.

You're too demanding
Reply Quote
Community
Over the weekend I eventually managed to kill Diablo in Inferno "finishing" the game effectively and was waiting for the big fanfare etc .... and nothing. Just the same as finishing every other level.

Was kinda disappointed as I was expecting a little more that what I'd seen already given that it's taken so long to get through Inferno. Started Inferno at Act I again, and go bored quite soon so decided to start another character. At least now I know when I get there again not to expect anything ....

It is not the first time I have seen a post on this topic, so I am curious... what kind of stuff would have to be in such a fanfare like the one you were hoping to see?

Congratulations on completing Inferno btw. :-)
Reply Quote
My experience was totally different. My first Diablo inferno kill was very rewarding. I died over 10 times and it finally took about 15 minutes of fully focused fighting to finish (little over 10k dps and low armor). My hands were shaking like madman's. Not very often I feel so much relief watching the end credits.
Reply Quote
Community
10/09/2012 14:29Posted by Bassdrum
My experience was totally different. My first Diablo inferno kill was very rewarding. I died over 10 times and it finally took about 15 minutes of fully focused fighting to finish (little over 10k dps and low armor). My hands were shaking like madman's. Not very often I feel so much relief watching the end credits.

That's a good feeling indeed :-)
Reply Quote
they should have done a guaranteed legendary upon defeating Diablo for the first time.
like a Legendary ro set when you receive the achievement, so it will only be guaranteed once :)
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 14:30Posted by Vaneras
That's a good feeling indeed :-)

ya.. will be.. if that some strange bug happened and my killing of diablo on inferno was not recorded on my progress.. i get achievement kill the diablo on inferno.. but my status is not whole
Edited by Damir#2928 on 10/09/2012 14:54 BST
Reply Quote

It is not the first time I have seen a post on this topic, so I am curious... what kind of stuff would have to be in such a fanfare like the one you were hoping to see?

Congratulations on completing Inferno btw. :-)

I think anything that could personalise your character/account would be a good thing
Keyword is personalise
Reply Quote
As garuda said killing diablo for the first time in inferno should result in a Legendary drop of ilvl 61+, simple
Edited by FuriousGeorg#2102 on 10/09/2012 14:43 BST
Reply Quote
I provided my own fanfare. I had been working so hard on finishing inferno. When it finally happened I high-fived myself. I don't think the game could have done anything more to make me feel better at the time.

Yeah the drops were dissapointing. Although, I don't know if you can call it dissapointing when you expected the drops to be quite generic. Still, what a rush :)
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 14:39Posted by Org
You can always try again ;)

Rly?! how I didnt get that idea? thank you for glorious advice!
Reply Quote
We want drops like baals.

We want drops.

drops.
Reply Quote
Blizzard could always add along with the achievemend you get when you kill diablo in inferno solo the wings that came along with collector's edition or something like that. Or random infinite dungeon crawl mode unlock where you just take your character in an infinite dungeon an as you go down find harder monsters increased chance of 63lvl items and stuff like that a mini boss at the entrance of the next level like a buffed up butcher or maybe a complete remake from the cathedral where you go down until level 20-30 and a new achievement when you finish it and another dungeon or class specific account bound item unlock or something like that. This would add more to the game and very hight replayability.
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 14:29Posted by Bassdrum

Now go play hardcore

I got the feeling from just killing belial on normal :)

ps: a different drop for killing diablo on inferno for the first time, than just 3 blue items would be cool.

Now u kill the uberly end boss of the game, and you get rewarded with 3 blue items which u dont even pick up :)
Edited by Bluefox#2931 on 10/09/2012 14:47 BST
Reply Quote
I'm playing diablo III tantrically, which means I put off killing big D as long as possible. That way, the reward is almost endless.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]