Diablo® III

is it allowed to use 2 account in 1 pc ?

hey i just wonder if its allowed ?
not to play in same time ofc
just 2 diffrent account in 1 pc
Reply Quote
Yes. You can play as many accounts on one computer, but you can't play one account on many computers at once.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
I would say yes. I don't have a source for this. But can't see a reason why not. I know some people have multiple accounts in Wow too. And I have played on my friends computer on my own account. So sure it should be okay to own two accounts and play those.
Edited by Budi#2138 on 07/09/2012 12:23 BST
Reply Quote
multiboxing is allowed , there are videos of people playing 4 accounts at the same time --
Reply Quote
yes I do it myself very easy to set up up but running 2 games you do need a good pc.
Reply Quote
But is account sharing allowed? I knew WoW doesn't allow it, but does Diablo 3 ?
Reply Quote
Community
07/09/2012 12:22Posted by Jura
Yes. You can play as many accounts on one computer, but you can't play one account on many computers at once.

QFT :-)

The number of accounts you can play with on one computer is only limited by the number of accounts you own, and of course the limitations of your computer's hardware :-)

07/09/2012 12:38Posted by HeavenRaven
But is account sharing allowed? I knew WoW doesn't allow it, but does Diablo 3 ?

Nope: http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/d3_eula.html
Edited by Vaneras on 07/09/2012 13:02 BST
Reply Quote
Just one question. How do you enforce the rule that one can´t share accounts? How do you detect it?
Reply Quote
Multibox 4 barbarians, 4x earthquake. Everything dies.
Edited by MasterWorks#2294 on 07/09/2012 13:12 BST
Reply Quote
I am running a Virtual Machine on my Computer.

I can play 2 Diablos on 2 Accounts on 2 Monitors with 2 independent mice and Keyboards on one single Computer and one single Network Cable at the same time.

Works just fine.
Edited by Nuniel#2618 on 07/09/2012 13:18 BST
Reply Quote
Community
07/09/2012 13:09Posted by Rullakebab
How do you enforce the rule that one can´t share accounts?

I cannot offer you any specifics really, other than that we mostly, but not always, handle it on a case to case basis. The actions we take varies quite a bit — actions can be anything from merely sending people a reminder or a warning that sharing accounts is in fact not allowed, to closing down accounts... this very much depends on the severity of each infraction in question.

07/09/2012 13:09Posted by Rullakebab
How do you detect it?

This is a secret that I cannot share, so I will just say "magic" ;-)
Reply Quote
Community

I can play 2 Diablos on 2 Accounts on 2 Monitors with 2 independent mice and Keyboards on one single Computer and one single Network Cable at the same time.

Works just fine.

Sounds like a pretty sweet setup you've got there :-)
Reply Quote
How about all the poor people in the world, families who want to share the joy of Diablo3 together. Or can only one play and the rest must watch? Can family members share? Ecomonic crisis and all in Europe... Can the 1 Euro RMAH fee be donated to them?
Edited by MasterWorks#2294 on 07/09/2012 13:24 BST
Reply Quote
07/09/2012 13:19Posted by Vaneras
How do you enforce the rule that one can´t share accounts?

I cannot offer you any specifics really, other than that we mostly, but not always, handle it on a case to case basis. The actions we take varies quite a bit — actions can be anything from merely sending people a reminder or a warning that sharing accounts is in fact not allowed, to closing down accounts... this very much depends on the severity of each infraction in question.

How do you detect it?

This is a secret that I cannot share, so I will just say "magic" ;-)

Didn't that Level 100 Paragon guy share his account to level up? How does that work then in terms of your rules?
Reply Quote
when someone (friend) plays on your account in your house on your computer it's impossible for them to find out
if you share account with for instance a guy from amerika en you play on different times, it's verry easy to detect. they see it's impossible you crossed the ocean in an hour every day and play 24hours straight.

imho they dont give a crap if you let a friend test the game on your account, it's like a free demo and if they like it they will have to buy it anyway =)
Reply Quote
There is no "magic" or secret. From a pure technical point of view, sharing your account can't be detected. Even if it would be possible Vaneras wouldn't know, he is not a tech guy, he is a PR dude. Hence his use of the word "magic" :P

However, there are situations when they can find out, most of them social in nature, like when you have a security issue(your account was hacked, yes thats social, not a tech issue), someone reports you or you tell them yourself (OP). Depending on the impact, they may have to choose an action in those specific cases.

Multiboxing is "decriminalized". I.E: will not get you banned per se, but they are not offering official support for it either. Which means you _may_ have to use some 3rd party programs to perform some task - which IS against the EULA ofc :)

Legalize weed! Oh, wait, wrong forum :P
Edited by Wye#2105 on 07/09/2012 15:03 BST
Reply Quote
> 2 independent mice

I was reading the other day about the difficulties of having two mouse pointers on a PC, do you have any links on how to do that, as I'd love to be able to play like that with my left hand playing in one window and my right in another, but as far as I could gather so far, MS Windows doesn't like two mice pointers.

I plan on foot pedals for the buttons side of things.
Reply Quote

Works just fine.

Please, I beg of you, tell me more! My gf and I would love to play together, but we only have one PC so have to take turns. Info? *_*
Reply Quote

Works just fine.

Please, I beg of you, tell me more! My gf and I would love to play together, but we only have one PC so have to take turns. Info? *_*

You do know it's relatively cheap to build your own system, right? It's not hard to save $500+ for another rig for you or your gf. Or you could tell her to save up for her own rig if she wants to play.

That's what I told my wife; Currently in the doghouse. :P
Edited by moosh#1288 on 08/09/2012 01:33 BST
Reply Quote

Works just fine.

Sounds like a pretty sweet setup you've got there :-)

Is this comfirmation that multiboxing is legal and allowed or is that guy now banned? Cause every source i've searched including blue posts say that running more than 1 account on a single PC at the same time is against EULA.

Yet this guy is running two diablos on a virtual machine and it's a "Sweet setup"

Can we once and for all get a simple yes or no answer to the multibox issue? Is it allowed on a single computer or not?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]