Diablo® III

Monk Set Suggestion: Inna's 3-Piece Bonus Sucks

Kay, this set is very underwhelming as compared to other class sets.

Zunimassa's set gives 55 AR

IK set gives 60 AR (which is ridiculous because barbs get 300 AR with 3 pieces of the set without having to roll any random affixes, which becomes 450 AR with warcry which also adds a generous 20% armor bonus)

Nats set gives 7 crits

Tals set gives +3% to all damage, which is kind of skimpy but it's still much better than:

Inna's set -- +0.33 Spirit regeneration

Seriously, 0.33 spirit regen isn't even remotely noticeable. It's actually rather insulting, especially paired with the measely +10 life per spirit spent from the 4-piece bonus, which I think should be changed to one of the following as well, personally.

Here are some suggestions on what it really SHOULD be, counting down in my opinionated order of importance:

10. +0.15 attacks per second. Not many modifier like it out there, and this would be very nice for making Inna's staff more viable for use.

9. +250 life on hit and +1.5% life leech. All monks can use both of these. Monks with high-hitting 2-handers and dual wields will appreciate the leech, and monks with faster, lower damage weapons or monks using shields will find the LoH valuable.

8. +3 spirit regen. This is less thrilling, but it would open up a lot of new builds and it's the same bonus but isn't pathetic.

7. +1000 armor. All monks benefit from more armor, and the set pieces can only roll very mediocre amounts of armor as it is.

6. 30 Life per spirit spent. This one would be nice and could help a lot of monks who are using transcendence to free up a passive slot, improving build diversity.

5. +8% critical hit chance. Monks currently don't get anything that increases their crit chance other than gear rolls, and they have a lot of spells that react differently to critical hits. This pales in comparison to the other suggestions, however, because it makes Nat's set and Inna's set too similar.

4. +20% critical hit damage and +8% attack speed. Very useful attributes that currently aren't any class set bonus.

3. +80 to all resistances. the set currently gives 0 base resistances and that's appauling for a class like the monk, having to roll random affixes makes the gear extremely expensive just to be useable, and some of the pieces become unuseable if they do roll thoe resistances

2. +10% to armor and resistances. This is one I would very much like to see, I'm just not sure how practical that kind of thing is to actually add onto gear.

1. 10% cooldown reduction and +5% attack speed. I like this one the best because the monk feels very slow to play with. This seems like it would be better suited for the 4piece bonus, however, and the 3-piece bonus would be better reserved for something defensive like #2.

:)
Reply Quote
Help me out, monks; you know this current 3-piece bonus is garbage.
Reply Quote
The whole inna's set is garbage, its a slap for the monk community.
Reply Quote
They need to bump up the spirit regen on it to 1.00 at least, then its sorta worth while. But seeing how all res isnt even a guaranteed stat on this armor, they should make it ar + the spirit regen at the very least.
Reply Quote
Nice ideas. I have helm set and i cannot buy another piece because have no resis, and if they have resis they havent vit. lol

0,33 is just stupid, insulting to us

Nat set is awesome and DH have 2 sets: natalyas and innas

No set for monk or what?

Btw nobody complains about 3- set piece because NOBODY wear 3 piece withour resis/vita

Worst set ever. Blizz fix it
Reply Quote
07/09/2012 22:41Posted by corrupti0N
They need to bump up the spirit regen on it to 1.00 at least, then its sorta worth while. But seeing how all res isnt even a guaranteed stat on this armor, they should make it ar + the spirit regen at the very least.

Honestly, even 1 per second is negligible; trust me, try on the passive that gives 1 per second, you barely notice it at all. 2 would make it decent. 2.5 would make it good. 3 would make it great.

:)
Reply Quote
07/09/2012 22:46Posted by SanLeon
Nice ideas. I have helm set and i cannot buy another piece because have no resis, and if they have resis they havent vit. lol

Exactly the problem. Exactly. As soon as you try to roll the resists that you need on the pieces they become terrible compared to rares or even pieces from other class sets; even zunimissa's set is more worthwhile to many monks than Inna's. I personally don't see why the weapon doesn't have some ridiculous amount of resistances like 81-100 even, the thing is pretty unimpressive even if it rolls a much sought-after affix.

Nat set is awesome and DH have 2 sets: natalyas and innas

Yea it's a big problem too because monks and DHs are both competing for the ring and boots to get that crit bonus and it's driving up the price into absurdity.

No set for monk or what?

Pretty much, for advancing monks, it's useless. You can use 2-3 pieces if you have awesome gear and don't rely so much on resistances, but even then you're just passing the buck onto your shoulders, bracers, belt (Inna's belt is terrible), and boots to get the double stacked resistances that you'll need; it's unbelievably expensive. Then you have the IK set to compare it with, which a barb could buy with nothing but health globe and thorn rolls and be awesome with.... pretty ridiculous.
Reply Quote
Nat's 2 set is 7% crit. Nat's 3 set is 130 Dex. Need to change OP ;_;.
I was under the impression the 4 set was good due to making sweeping winds ALMOST free = 100% uptime.
Not to mention that the helm has innate crit on it, which DH's does not have :<.
Reply Quote
I support this completely. It's very difficult to find feasible sets and most of the suggestions given would enhance build diversity (although the changes would make the Steamroll build a bit more powerful from what it already is :) )

Why make a set if it's not worth it? I've been stuck with yellow gear since June with my monk, the only time I use legendaries is when I am farming Leoric's Signet. I hope this topic will get featured and lots of monks will support this as well
Reply Quote
I dont have anything positive to say about monk :( Not surpriced that the set is as boring as the class :(( Also lol at daibos, I wonder what happened there.

Edit: I recommend selling your monk gear, deleting monk and rerolling a barb or doc.
Edited by Jumbasa#2925 on 08/09/2012 01:23 BST
Reply Quote
I dont have anything positive to say about monk :( Not surpriced that the set is as boring as the class :(( Also lol at daibos, I wonder what happened there.

Edit: I recommend selling your monk gear, deleting monk and rerolling a barb or doc.

A monk farm faster than a fat barb, my monk at least.

We should clik on "request sticky"

I want a set with resis + nice bonus, like other classes
Reply Quote
The only useful thing about the inna set is that as monk use dex, then pant and belt is a useful way to add movespeed and boost dex and damage on a DH - else agree - its completely useless for a melee class.

Gods know what the idiots at blizzard were thinking with this set - I cant even consider using any of the items on my monk (I have innas pants and belt for my DH).

The wizard set is completely useless IMHO as well.

DH set is one of the best sets for set bonusses and matches well with inna pants and belt.
Reply Quote
07/09/2012 22:28Posted by Zaira
Tals set gives +3% to all damage, which is kind of skimpy but it's still much better than:

Sir you are mistaken. It only amplifies fire damage based skills by 3% damage. Don't mistake this for 'adds X% elemental damage'.

Other than that the set bonus sucks on inna's except for the 4 set bonus. On the other hand pants and belt are very strong on their own though they lack allres. Pants offer critrate, ias and ms. Belt offers 7-8% holy damage and critrate, which is also quite superior.

The lacking allres can be compensated by singleres on the pieces.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]