Diablo® III

So i started HC today

And it felt realy good again to be a noob with no gear and no gold,as i was progressing i was enjoying diablo again,then it hit me...... whats the point in HC?. I mean,its going to be the same result as normal end game,FARMING FARMING FARMING,but if i die due to conection issues,lagg ect i wont loose my char what ive put days into. I mean,if the loot was better in HC i would understand but its the EXACT same as normal without loosing your char on death. Oh and you cant Public play becuase alot of people will get you killed... so why do you guys play it?

PS: im not slagging the HC mode,far from it. Just asking why people play it.
Reply Quote
I died 3 times to a DC (wifi issues) and once from a bad tactical calculation, finished the game on my Monk and still enjoying now working on my barb. Dunno, so far it's fun :) once done still 3 more classes to go :p

EDIT: I forgot about the most important : Welcome to HC where only the brave will fight and Die !
Edited by Sina#2357 on 13/09/2012 01:35 BST
Reply Quote
It is fun knowing not everyone can do what you do. Some are scared about losing a character or even not skilled enough. And it is bigger of a reward when you can achieve something.

Also gearing and battleling and ah economy is alot diffrent from SC. SO much it is intresting to play.

Also public games are alot more fun. Because everyone is helping each other.
Reply Quote
GLORY IN DEATH!
Reply Quote
Cus your deeds of valor wont be remembered on SC :)
Reply Quote
imho:

1) A more balanced economy with very little inflation
2) no RMAH
3) !@#$ SC loot becomes great HC loot :P
4) gameplay is different...you think and strategize more, you time your defensive cooldowns carefully. In SC, you would just charge...if you die, you respawn and zerg the pack again, all it cost you is gold.
5) Reaching a milestone (killing an act boss or reaching level 60) is much more rewarding when you think you did all that and you didn't DIE once !
6) repair bills are much cheaper xD

In the end, you live for your toon and feel for your hero much more it is role playing at its finest !
Edited by Skarr#2674 on 13/09/2012 02:44 BST
Reply Quote
13/09/2012 01:44Posted by Reckoner
It is fun knowing not everyone can do what you do. Some are scared about losing a character or even not skilled enough. And it is bigger of a reward when you can achieve something.

+1

this, totally. it's all the adrenaline pumping moments in an elite fight where you've been down to the dreaded red screen or trapped with CC breakers on cooldown but then it's the pure elation if you beat that pack.

comparing that to in SC, beating a champ pack with (for arguments sake) every affix possible in the game.. big deal as nothing was ever on the line except gold, woo!
Reply Quote
There's no thrill in Bobcore. It just feels so good to be alive!

Or did you always play games in Godmode? ^^

Anyways, welcome and hope to see you around some time in inferno...
Reply Quote
*) hc, unlike sc, isnt *boring* (really really *really* boring)
*) you see far more (interesting) builds
*) teamplay tends to be much much better
*) tougher fights :)
*) better AH prices (though lacking contents)
*) no constant epeen dps comparisons from people who chars will die if a monster sneezes in their direction
*) more fun/rewarding but also more punishing
*) better community

oh, gameplay wont differ much from sc until you hit inferno.
Edited by arf#2185 on 13/09/2012 14:30 BST
Reply Quote
see this discussion:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5326922833

and for hardcore u may allow me to repeat myself:

how was your diablo kill in inferno? any emotions?
how was it when u were vortexed into arcane sentries just to get frozen? fear?
how was it to witness a coplayers dead in act3? sadness?
how was it to loose your char because of dc? anger?
how was it to loose a char for which u just spent all your money on to get him ready for act3? feeling the big ironie of life on your shoulders?

how often did i read, that the game on softcore isnt rewarding. well it is on hardcore.

Please stay and try. trust me. its worth it.
Reply Quote
It's about the journey.

Not the destination.
Reply Quote
I hate playing a game that has no penalty for dying. Imo it ruins a game. The fact that I need to restart completely makes me scared to play and makes me feel great (adrenaline) when I beat something.

I was shaking my entire fight against belial HC, since I have died against that guy most of the times I have died on HC. But then when I got the kill and the achievement I was relieved so much. If I had played SC Im quite sure I would have just been annoyed right up the moment I got the kill.
Reply Quote
imho:

1) A more balanced economy with very little inflation
2) no RMAH
3) !@#$ SC loot becomes great HC loot :P
4) gameplay is different...you think and strategize more, you time your defensive cooldowns carefully. In SC, you would just charge...if you die, you respawn and zerg the pack again, all it cost you is gold.
5) Reaching a milestone (killing an act boss or reaching level 60) is much more rewarding when you think you did all that and you didn't DIE once !
6) repair bills are much cheaper xD

In the end, you live for your toon and feel for your hero much more it is role playing at its finest !

Agreed, after playing some hardcore, I find it a lot more rewarding than SC.
Reply Quote
It's about the journey.

Not the destination.

/this
Reply Quote
Welcome! But u should know that disconnect is waiting for you. So enjoy the present, don't look in the future ;)
Reply Quote
Oh and you cant Public play becuase alot of people will get you killed...

You can play public. It's quite enjoyable on HC.

The only dangerous part is when you teleport to players or go AFK (which you shouldn't). First take a look at where they are (pony level is a no-go!), look at their level (if alot higher than you, leave), ask if it's safe.

Then again, only very few people are interested in killing others. But you might bump into someone.
Reply Quote
I hate playing a game that has no penalty for dying. Imo it ruins a game. The fact that I need to restart completely makes me scared to play and makes me feel great (adrenaline) when I beat something.

I was shaking my entire fight against belial HC, since I have died against that guy most of the times I have died on HC. But then when I got the kill and the achievement I was relieved so much. If I had played SC Im quite sure I would have just been annoyed right up the moment I got the kill.

before 1.04, elites will heal to full if you die on sc, but now they remove that and also reduced costs of repair...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]