PS: im not slagging the HC mode,far from it. Just asking why people play it.
13/09/2012 01:44Posted by ReckonerIt is fun knowing not everyone can do what you do. Some are scared about losing a character or even not skilled enough. And it is bigger of a reward when you can achieve something.
how was your diablo kill in inferno? any emotions?
how was it when u were vortexed into arcane sentries just to get frozen? fear?
how was it to witness a coplayers dead in act3? sadness?
how was it to loose your char because of dc? anger?
how was it to loose a char for which u just spent all your money on to get him ready for act3? feeling the big ironie of life on your shoulders?
how often did i read, that the game on softcore isnt rewarding. well it is on hardcore.
Please stay and try. trust me. its worth it.
1) A more balanced economy with very little inflation
2) no RMAH
3) !@#$ SC loot becomes great HC loot :P
4) gameplay is different...you think and strategize more, you time your defensive cooldowns carefully. In SC, you would just charge...if you die, you respawn and zerg the pack again, all it cost you is gold.
5) Reaching a milestone (killing an act boss or reaching level 60) is much more rewarding when you think you did all that and you didn't DIE once !
6) repair bills are much cheaper xD
In the end, you live for your toon and feel for your hero much more it is role playing at its finest !
Oh and you cant Public play becuase alot of people will get you killed...
I hate playing a game that has no penalty for dying. Imo it ruins a game. The fact that I need to restart completely makes me scared to play and makes me feel great (adrenaline) when I beat something.
I was shaking my entire fight against belial HC, since I have died against that guy most of the times I have died on HC. But then when I got the kill and the achievement I was relieved so much. If I had played SC Im quite sure I would have just been annoyed right up the moment I got the kill.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.