Diablo® III

Please pro monks (100k+dps) look at this strange dps.

Hi guys,

I really cant put my finger down why my friend has so much more dps then me.
I have more crit chance more crit dmg and more dex.
My weapons do overall more dmg and still Im not coming close to his dps.
I thought it must be the atackspeed on his ring and neclease. but thats not it because if I use a shrine that gives 25% atackspeed I still dont reach his dps unbuffed.

I have used spreadsheets to use some of his items instead of mine to check if it gets boosted alot well yea I manage to get to 90k dps... instead of 120k So can any monk point out where his massive dps comes from compaired to my gear ?

His profile:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Link-2641/hero/5756796

My profile:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SonoX-2697/hero/16439292

And no his profile is not bugged or anything I played alot with him and its his real dps.
Edited by SonoX#2697 on 17/09/2012 14:25 BST
Reply Quote
i maybe arent a pro monk by your definition (maybe you are the guy who rather takes advice from ppl who were droplucky or bought gold, than from ppl who actually have hundreds of hours on their monks), but you have 13k more unbuffed dps. where is the problem? just because the armory snapshots every buff?

edit: his real dps might be higher as yours tho, because he knows how to play sweaping winds spec and activates sweaping winds when blind dmg buff and heal buff is up. sweaping winds snapshots paperdps of your charscreen. so he gets more real dps on swaping winds/cyclones, by breathofheaven->blind->sweapingwinds combo.
so drop your napcake SSS (not so speak of evasion mantra... go OVERAWE) and play the spec right.
Edited by gReMLiN#1825 on 17/09/2012 14:40 BST
Reply Quote
I think he could be trolling you by loggin out and/or showing you his dps with Faith in the light on. Try it out see by using it yourself look upon your dps.
Reply Quote
Well gremlin I dont mind who answers my question but I thought some one who has the gear might be able to explain this.

Like I said this guy is my friend and this is not a snapshot. This is the same dps shown in game when I inspect him. and its been 120k for the last month. So its not a "snapshot" because he cant keep snapshotting this for a month. Or do you mean both profile page as in game checks out ur dps when fully buffed ? that would be just strange. And with heavenlight I reach 90k dps. (it gives 10k boost).

And I used to use flash but SSS = insta clear elite pack.

I will check it if im able to make snapshot boost of my dps. but still its weird that its been like that for like a month.

Got me really puzzled but im happy you guys come with these theorys :D that means im not going crazy.

Edit I tested it with flash and heal instead of my 138k dps I get only 90k is shown in profile page in game that means the heal skill is counted but not the flash.
I tryed this while logging out when I pressed both buffs.

Edit2: nvm my profile page shows 138k now... problem is solved :D.
So strange that means everytime he logs out hes doing this trick other wise no way he can keep it for like a month.

Thanks alot guys !

Edit3: the reason I use evasion mantra is for backlash wich crits 70k per proc. I can clear act 3 without hitting mobs.
Edited by SonoX#2697 on 17/09/2012 15:47 BST
Reply Quote
Correct - did some calculations and got his unbuffed to somewhere around 64,5k with enchantress or about 63k without - which was then easy to verify by looking at http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/link-2641/Monk/5756796

So in conclusion is that his unbuffed dps is just over 63k.
Edited by Patman#2341 on 17/09/2012 15:52 BST
Reply Quote
rofl he have really been trolling you if you been trying his gear and everything
Reply Quote
Checking someone's dps via the ingame profile screen sometimes shows a nonupdated snapshot. Not sure how often it updates or when, but if you switch out an item while ingame and check it in the profile, it will not show the change for example.

Basically, your friend trolled you.
Reply Quote
1.40 attacks per second on both his weapons. Sometimes misread by people. Yours are way slower there already. 1.27 and 1.30 attacks per second. + the 24% attack speed on his gear versus 9% on yours. Ask him his attacks per second, and compare that to yours. More attacks per seconds = more crits + CD it all adds up.

Bet if you got 2 1.40 or faster weapons your dps will rise!

If i get another crit damage weapon myself i get over 100k aswell, or a Skorn. Just love critting atm + cyclone storms.
Edited by MasterWorks#2294 on 18/09/2012 07:10 BST
Reply Quote
1.40 attacks per second on both his weapons. Sometimes misread by people. Yours are way slower there already. 1.27 and 1.30 attacks per second. + the 24% attack speed on his gear versus 9% on yours. Ask him his attacks per second, and compare that to yours. More attacks per seconds = more crits + CD it all adds up.

Bet if you got 2 1.40 or faster weapons your dps will rise!

If i get another crit damage weapon myself i get over 100k aswell, or a Skorn. Just love critting atm + cyclone storms.

this
Reply Quote
your friend's dps is only 63 k
http://theasiangamer.com/d3-damage-calculator/
Edited by IronMan1975#2411 on 18/09/2012 09:19 BST
Reply Quote
your friend's dps is only 63 khttp://theasiangamer.com/d3-damage-calculator/

rhis +1. think OP is a troll.

http://www.d3rawr.com/
another spreadsheet to use- just import from "armory" pretty simple.
u just need add the + attack speed from echo on offhands manual else i havnt found a single bug.
Reply Quote
Attack speed.
Reply Quote
probably logged out with AS shrine.
Reply Quote
your friends ammy is ridiculously insane
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]