Diablo® III

Leoric signet - ilvl change needed?

Current pricing, demand and rarity of leoric signet is very innapropriate considering the ilvl 16 and the point of game it drops (act II normal). I mean, if low level character drops this ring, he can later buy whole ilvl 63 decent gear for the price of this ring. This in my opinion, needs to be fixed by moving leoric signet to ilvl 50+ range. I wonder who though of putting 20-30% exp bonus on such low level item when it is clearly fiting into Paragon meta and proves to be most useful at level 60.
Edited by Jura#2616 on 14/09/2012 17:10 BST
Reply Quote
Upset that we can't farm for it while doing normal runs?

It's an old item from before paragon, so it was obviously not the intent. But why change something that does no harm? So what if some new guy finds 100 million? Most likely he'll use it and sell on ah later for full gearset, but that won't happen to more than 1/10000, if even that.
Reply Quote
Upset that we can't farm for it while doing normal runs?

It's an old item from before paragon, so it was obviously not the intent.

Yes, it is kinda rubbish too, but that is not my main point of making this rant, I feel it is kinda upseting a balance if low level person gets so much power early on.

And Legacy Leoric signet did not give bonus EXP, this was intent 1.0.4 redesign. I just do not get why they choose to put so valuable stat on such low level item.
Edited by Jura#2616 on 14/09/2012 17:15 BST
Reply Quote
Why not? I wish more lowbie items were endgame viable. That was a cool thing about the D2 uniques. Weird modifiers that you didnt usually get on that slot and that allowed for cool builds.
Reply Quote
Forgive me OP but I laugh. You think the thing drops that easy?

One guy with no mf whatsoever during his normal playthrough will drop the signet, worst case a 20% 50-60m worth, best case 27-30% jackpot. You're asking Bliz to make such a change just to deny that 1 guy out of 1000 who will never even see one and will still be unaware of that ring existence even when they have played 100 hours of inferno?

FYI, you can't farm that ring, it farms you. Go ahead gear up your lvl 60 anyway you want and go find me 2 as drops. I dare you!
I gave up seeking that holy grail after 90hours. Check my post history if you want the details.
Reply Quote
I like how it's a tradeoff now. Do you want the extra damage from a 60 ring or the extra experience from a low level ring. Not that I can afford it :P If it had useful stats it would be crazy OP and everyone below paragon 100 would want one.

And what the hell is wrong with a new player getting lucky? Are you jelly because there's a 0.0001% chance that some new player becomes richer than you? I don't get it.
Reply Quote
i already got about 15-20 hrs dumped in normal mode instead of getting some paragon in inferno, so I usually go into normal mode to look for it, when im having dinner. One hand sandwich, one hand on the mouse. Problem solved - profit? - one day it will drop eventually.
Reply Quote
It's still fair I guess. Considering that a level 60 char can have 5x valor and full magic find set (20% MF each piece), compared to a low level one.
Reply Quote
Farmed it for 4 hours got a 20%, sold it cheap and fast 25m
Reply Quote
No need to even act my age or respond to this in a civil manner as if it were a discussion.... What a dumba$s topic and opinion. Demand sets the value for items in this game. You should be happy there is a rare scrubby low lvl legendary that even your sorry toon has a shot at setting mp10 on normal and farming.

The only value in any item in the game are what players are willing to pay. You arent willing to pay? then farm it. Not willing to farm it? Then make a shltty thread and QQ about it on forums. QQ WANT MOAR PHAT LEWTZ PLZ HALP
Edited by Ferelith#1788 on 04/12/2012 18:06 GMT
Reply Quote
but when you get to 60 you can farm a hellfire, which can roll with AS, Crits, + dam etc, rather than a signet which does almost nothing for your stats outside of the xp boost. Its there to fast level your hero up to 60, nothing wrong with that imo. Someone mentioned 1 in 1000 getting it, with the mf a level 14 character can stack Id bet its more like 1 in 10,000. I have one, like 99% of the signets you see on the auction house it was found by a level 60 character on some mega magicbuff tip hammering through act 2 normal on a completely movespeed based build.

min 24% movespeed with vault + tumble + tac advantage + prep and as much max discipline as you can find, charkram cloud on 24/7 doing speed runs and youll get it eventually.

Or not, as is often the case is with rng. A lot of angry farmers out there with a stash full of mage fists and manald heals.
Reply Quote
The intent of this ring was to make people level to 60 faster. This would be beneficial. With the paragon levels, the ring became powerful and wanted.

I don't see the point of this rant. People are free to use whatever gear they want, as long as they meet the requirements. The fact that low level players can get that ring is awesome.

I kind of think you want it to be redesigned to a lvl63 item which would give more stats, etc etc. I am strongly against it!
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 18:31Posted by Snorkle
but when you get to 60 you can farm a hellfire, which can roll with AS, Crits, + dam etc, rather than a signet which does almost nothing for your stats outside of the xp boost. Its there to fast level your hero up to 60,

it still has value at 60

player hellfire + signet(or use better stats for faster kills)
follower hellfire + signet
Reply Quote
05/12/2012 00:48Posted by Slaal
but when you get to 60 you can farm a hellfire, which can roll with AS, Crits, + dam etc, rather than a signet which does almost nothing for your stats outside of the xp boost. Its there to fast level your hero up to 60,

it still has value at 60

player hellfire + signet(or use better stats for faster kills)
follower hellfire + signet

oh ya, its def still worth something, I didnt farm mine for no reason. you are right too I really need a second hellfire and a second sig for my follower. I use them with a ww barb build doing fast runs, ruby head gem of course, standard issue. I just meant that if the sig was a high level item and farming it was as hard as farming a mempo or a witching hour then it would be a lot harder to get than the hellfire and still significantly less powerful, Im not sure it would be a better use of the item, people would just go farm for hellfires and keep their fingers crossed for a sig. I like it being where it is, you have to rebuild to farm it properly, changes things up.
Reply Quote
the ring should stay how it is

nothing wrong with a new player running through act2 then finding some item worth millions

end of the day, that same player is going to need gold for reps/upgrades/pots during gameplay. same player might not get so lucky with other drops and struggle for gold/upgrades

and since AH is full of overpriced crap, such player may need the gold
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]