Diablo® III

WW Barb Nerf - How many will quit?

(Locked)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6572970237#1

There are other discussions speculating whether the WW Barbs will be finished and whether it should be.

Leaving that debate aside, IF WW BARB IS NO LONGER VIABLE... and the specific kit you have paid real money/millions of gold needs to be swapped to suit another build...

How likely are you to quit, honestly?

Please give this as a percentage... e.g. I am 70% likely to quit rather than regear
99%
Just tried my bard in public test realm. Still solo act 3 easily up till monster power 7 with 450 mf and gf. Whoever still say ww barb is no loner playable should kill themself.
Need to see exactly what effect it has, seems to be a long winded way of nerfing WOTB insanity, LOH and life steal. Willing to make minor changes but wont invest the time if barb becomes useless without major changes. Why waste the time in playing the game how I want if blizzard want you to play it another way.
@isendono - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoeaN3FhilI&feature=g-user-u it seems godly geared ww barb's will be fine or even advantaged, whereas averagely geared ww'ers will have to GG out... seeing your full imortal kings maybe you are in the former category!

I'm really not wanting to debate whether ww barb will be playable though - rather just gauge if it isn't then what?!

thanks for the public test hint though... dling now to check ^^
Never actually played with one in party, and I played with plenty of barbs. Big deal, they can no longer be permanently imune to cc...
Finally a nerf ? if yes then... Im laughing at You barbarians now, as You were laughing/trolling demon hunters everytime they get brutally nerfed. It was ''ZOMG my lohunter sucks while ww barbs are op, cry some more DHs plx your tears are so sweet''

At last, You will probably know how does it feel when an build You were used to and had fun with is being removed from the game ^^ enjoy
Finally a nerf ? if yes then... Im laughing at You barbarians now, as You were laughing/trolling demon hunters everytime they get brutally nerfed. It was ''ZOMG my lohunter sucks while ww barbs are op, cry some more DHs plx your tears are so sweet''

At last, You will probably know how does it feel when an build You were used to and had fun with is being removed from the game ^^ enjoy

Wont make any difference act 3 is still going to get smashed to pieces
All the nubs who doesn't know how to clear Inferno with 6k Armor and 1k LoH will quit.

/Me
All the nubs who doesn't know how to clear Inferno with 6k Armor and 1k LoH will quit.

/Me

It's not about being able to clear !@#$, anyone can do that. It's all about how fast you can do it compared to the other classes.
22/09/2012 13:25Posted by isendono
Just tried my bard in public test realm. Still solo act 3 easily up till monster power 7 with 450 mf and gf. Whoever still say ww barb is no loner playable should kill themself.

How can you try the public test realm when the servers are offline for the weekend?
yesterday night ?well this morning at 3am. champ
Edited by isendono#2234 on 22/09/2012 16:01 BST
First of all, let me make a small clarification.

They didn't NERF your GEAR, they nerfed a specc.
There is NO Specific gear for WW Spec, you can use the gear for WW the same way for EVERY OTHER SPEC (Assuming people want Defensive or Offensive builds, but that's a whole new story)
My point is; what does the WW spec need? Crit? Crit DMG? Str? LOH? It's usable for each and every other offensive build out there. So people who bought gear with Real Money and insane amounts of Gold will NOT be burned, the gear will still serve them a great purpose. Other thing is that this nerf will affect only bad players or players who did not invest much time in the game. People with good gear will hardly feel the difference.

So to your original question of "How many will quit" I'd say 99% of the scrubs who roll on the "What's imba now" train will quit or roll another char and 99% of the dedicated and decent Barbarian players will remain.

Blizzard made a great move with this patch, the majority of people who rolled a WW Barbarian are bad players in general, they rolled it for the sake of the spec itself and not the Barbarian as a whole, aiming for a cheap and fast way to profit with very low expenses to cover on gear. With a mere 10 million gold you could do an amazing job at farming Act III, even if you're very low skilled and downright bad. - My point is that this nerf will only hit players who invested little to none in their gear, which basically means that Blizzard are hitting people who are pretty much worthless to them. They do not buy from the RMAH, thus they do not contribute to the company. They still farm slow and ineffectively, which on its behalf spells that they have low sales on the RMAH, if any.
And to the people saying it's "Just a game", "It's single player, how does that affect you?", "What do you care?" - As long as there are real money involved in it as well as a well thought and integrated economy, then yes, it does affect me and every other player in this game by a great deal.
To the people who say "We won't be able to clear Act 3 as fast now" - Well, you'll just get on the level of all of the other classes now.

So, in light of this upcoming nerf, I'd say that Blizzard made a damn brilliant move, they will not lose any of the players who actually care and contribute to the game. This, along with the other very fun changes in 1.05 will make this patch a huge success, just as its previous one, the 1.04 one was.

Good job at improving the game, Blizzard, keep it going! You have a great base to build on, This will be the game of 2013.
Edited by Vengoto#2574 on 22/09/2012 16:06 BST
First of all, let me make a small clarification.

They didn't NERF your GEAR, they nerfed a specc.
There is NO Specific gear for WW Spec, you can use the gear for WW the same way for EVERY OTHER SPEC (Assuming people want Defensive or Offensive builds, but that's a whole new story)
My point is; what does the WW spec need? Crit? Crit DMG? Str? LOH? It's usable for each and every other offensive build out there. So people who bought gear with Real Money and insane amounts of Gold will NOT be burned, the gear will still serve them a great purpose. Other thing is that this nerf will affect only bad players or players who did not invest much time in the game. People with good gear will hardly feel the difference.

So to your original question of "How many will quit" I'd say 99% of the scrubs who roll on the "What's imba now" train will quit or roll another char and 99% of the dedicated and decent Barbarian players will remain.

Blizzard made a great move with this patch, the majority of people who rolled a WW Barbarian are bad players in general, they rolled it for the sake of the spec itself and not the Barbarian as a whole, aiming for a cheap and fast way to profit with very low expenses to cover on gear. With a mere 10 million gold you could do an amazing job at farming Act III, even if you're very low skilled and downright bad. - My point is that this nerf will only hit players who invested little to none in their gear, which basically means that Blizzard are hitting people who are pretty much worthless to them. They do not buy from the RMAH, thus they do not contribute to the company. They still farm slow and ineffectively, which on its behalf spells that they have low sales on the RMAH, if any.
And to the people saying it's "Just a game", "It's single player, how does that affect you?", "What do you care?" - As long as there are real money involved in it as well as a well thought and integrated economy, then yes, it does affect me and every other player in this game by a great deal.
To the people who say "We won't be able to clear Act 3 as fast now" - Well, you'll just get on the level of all of the other classes now.

So, in light of this upcoming nerf, I'd say that Blizzard made a damn brilliant move, they will not lose any of the players who actually care and contribute to the game. This, along with the other very fun changes in 1.05 will make this patch a huge success, just as its previous one, the 1.04 one was.

Good job at improving the game, Blizzard, keep it going! You have a great base to build on, This will be the game of 2013.

This stupid !@#$ had to come from a %^-*ing DH.
Well, with this nerf at least they might start playing in party. This is the most party-unfriendly build that ever existed in D3 so far.
Edited by HellSquad#1327 on 22/09/2012 18:06 BST
And the useless comment HAD to come from a Barbarian. See what I did there? Maybe if you get rid of your bias for a moment and look at the grand picture with an objective approach you can deduce that everything I said is true to the last letter.
lol another thread full of barb tears
*shrugs* First played a DH. Got bored. Levelled a barb. Tried the WW spec. Was fun if booooooooooooooring. Didn't even need to pay attention. But used it to gear up more and now using cleave, rend and furious charge. Having LOADS of fun. THAT is what a barb should be imo. Charge straight into the battle, smack them hard, charge out the other side through all the mobs, smack that side about, charge back. A raging bull in other words.
Well a lot of people who played PTR say the nerf is minor and WW barb continues to rape mobs. Even if it was nerfed to hell i wouldnt quit the game cause im having fun with it. Good buy haters and GL
22/09/2012 16:00Posted by isendono
yesterday night ?well this morning at 3am. champ

Didn't know "just" means half a day earlier, my fault. Sorry for asking, champ.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]