Diablo® III

If i find really good item PTR

(Locked)

Or if i gain paragon levels in PTR. Will i get then in main game?
nope
Whats the point play it then?
25/09/2012 22:02Posted by HammerHard
Whats the point play it then?

Clue is in the name.. TEST.
public TEST realm, you play, you find bugs, exploits, you report them, patch notes live without(less) bugs, profit!

But ofc selfish people like you dont get that.
Edited by Arakhe#1780 on 25/09/2012 22:45 BST
Prognosis: Monster Power Level = Fail!

Reason: Mixing the challenge aspect with the loot theme!

Blizzard fails to realise that - due to the ever easier mass Inferno - there is a second players group out there that just wanna be challenged!

Instead it is supposed to be:
- Regular game for the "looters"
- Option MPS for the "challengers" (no better loot, XP, nothing - just an option!)

Otherwise the looters will flood the option, will again cry out loud all the time and the whole point of the challenge will be ruined from the outset!
There is no point in increasing the challenges without increasing rewards, this simply wont work, no-one ever does anything that is challenging for the sake of....challenge, its the rewards that drive people.
Just cluless. Go away hater.
Community
The Public Test Realm allows players to play, preview and test upcoming content to give feedback on new features and systems, and to find and report any bugs which may occur.

But, to coin a phrase, what happens in PTR stays in PTR. In other words, nothing that happens there will affect your live characters, their items, experience etc. It's completely separate, and when the test ends, your PTR characters are deleted.
So I don't imagine you can make separate stash or something to keep good things until new PTR arrives (hopefully in the future with some other patch). I didn't find anything, but it would be nice idea to support people, who are actually testing patches. Maybe some feat of strenght too ;)
25/09/2012 23:11Posted by Arakhe
There is no point in increasing the challenges without increasing rewards, this simply wont work, no-one ever does anything that is challenging for the sake of....challenge, its the rewards that drive people.

Well overcoming challenges is a reward in itself but your point still stands, Once you've done it once it's not rewarding a second time unless phat lewt drops or the challenge is increased even more.

lmao saying that since Diablo III release, Challenge has become much easier and loot much worse, Blizz have been going backwards.
Edited by Wizav#2142 on 26/09/2012 10:20 BST
How about if we sell something in AH? Will we keep that money?
26/09/2012 11:08Posted by g0rki

That's separate server. Nothing is passed to original server. NOTHING.
26/09/2012 11:08Posted by g0rki

As the blue (Takralus) posted, 'what happens in PTR stays in PTR'... is it a concept too hard to grasp?

What is done in the test realm is not reflected in the live one, no money, no items, no XP, nothing comes back to the live server!
in 1.05, more MF more better loot. which means, loot quality decreases even more relative to average AH item quality. Ready for another round of deflation of most stuff.
26/09/2012 11:19Posted by sAber
in 1.05, more MF more better loot. which means, loot quality decreases even more relative to average AH item quality. Ready for another round of deflation of most stuff.

Yepp - and more crying because most people don't understand these fundamental mechanics...
D3 is in beta status and we paid for opportunity to test it.
With every patch the game is changed and basically we must start again with some things.
I dont see any reason for PTR, Blizz will do what they want, no matter what is majority of players saying or asking for..
.. but MAYBE its a good step how to improve the game faster (but i dont have time to play another beta server, sry), but sorry to say it Blizz, its too late i guess.

full version of Diablo 3 (working game without all-game changes patches) will be ready next year or MAYBE just before X-mas ;)
Blizz will do what they want, no matter what is majority of players saying or asking for..

The majority of the people want's low taxes and high social transfer payments. And of course they want to retire at age of 60 with at least 80 % of their last earnings...

Conclusion: Not everything, that the majority wants, will be possible or even good (in long terms - somebody has to pay for it), because the majority looks most time only to the short term benefits and forgot the drawbacks.
25/09/2012 22:00Posted by HammerHard
Or if i gain paragon levels in PTR. Will i get then in main game?

what a stupid question.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]