Diablo® III

PVP Class rate

I understand this is complete conjecture but rate the classes in order of "OPness" for pvp, i.e.;

1. Barb
2. Deamon hunter
3. Wizard
4. Monk
5. Witch doctor

:)
Reply Quote
Survival in 1.1.0 PvP:

1. Wizard
2. Barbarian
3. Monk
4. Witch doctor
5. Demon hunter

Damage in 1.1.0 PvP:

1. Demon hunter
2. Witch doctor
3. Wizard
4. Barbarian
5. Monk

Crowd Control in 1.1.0 PvP:

1. Witch doctor
2. Wizard
3. Demon hunter
4. Barbarian
5. Monk

Edited: Wizard will be the best pvp class in my opinion.
Edited by Envoy#2887 on 03/10/2012 13:00 BST
Reply Quote

Edit; I still disagree and think Barb will be better, just the mobility and up time on target will be the issue.
Edited by mJayk#2544 on 03/10/2012 13:49 BST
Reply Quote
Don't write off WD just yet. WDs are the only class that regen their resource in any kind of meaningful manner when not in combat. Barb will run out of fury quick, wiz will be out of arcane. Monk has a resource generator that teleports him to the target. DH regens with a nat set. WD regens and has good CC and dots.
Reply Quote
Barbarians will be meat in pvp.
Reply Quote
Monks gonna rule PvP. Teleporting to you with every hit, 4 sec invulnerability, blind, 2300+ weapon damage while totally avoiding any damage or other effect... survive that.

Too bad that people (as they always do) will cry about it, Blizzard will nerf it to the ground as they always did if anyone complained about something, and Monks are no more. Change of the skills above, and the PvE is gone. Nerfed because of PvP? PvP gone too. Monk players aswell.
Reply Quote
.. wiz will be out of arcane..

Wizard's regeneration rate is probably superior to all the other classes actually. Don't think they'll dominate PvP though.
Reply Quote
Smokescreen vault... /cry more. I think dh's will dominate pvp if played correctly. I guess it comes down to how skills work in pvp assuming there are changes it's hard to predict much with accuracy.
Reply Quote
I guess many OP skills in PVP will be put on cooldown and crit/crit dmg will be nerfed away to a fraction where it is now.

No way to tell who will suck and who will not. Nobody knows.

We dont even know if current gear will be allowed in PVP or they bring in PVP gear (in which case probably 80% of the players still waiting for PVP will leave... but w/e).
Reply Quote
Community
There are indeed a lot of unknowns still when it comes to PvP in Diablo III, but I am sure we will cast more light on these unknowns as we get closer to Patch 1.1, which should make speculation on class balance more easy by then :-)
Reply Quote
03/10/2012 16:11Posted by Vaneras
There are indeed a lot of unknowns still when it comes to PvP in Diablo III, but I am sure we will cast more light on these unknowns as we get closer to Patch 1.1, which should make speculation on class balance more easy by then :-)

Sweet so only another 5 patches before we get to patch 1.1.
Reply Quote
Monk will be last. They designed them so poorly for PVP as a lot of there damage comes from sweeping wind and staying on someone. They can go invincible for a while which might help but then again so can others. When they're turned to chickens, stun locked or out lasted by a barb I doubt there's much place for them and compare a monks legendary weapons to something like a skorn or manticore etc..... They just haven't tried with the monk for a while :(

1. Demon hunter
2. Barb
3. Witch doctor
4. Wizard
5. Monk

Just my guess.
Edited by Kirtswall#2566 on 03/10/2012 16:18 BST
Reply Quote
Community
03/10/2012 16:13Posted by Megabiv

Sweet so only another 5 patches before we get to patch 1.1.

It is not certain that it will be that many:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning
Reply Quote
People who underestimate monk are clueless

Monks have infinite mobility, best self heals, quickness and many invulnerabilities and can stack lots of the best defensive PvP stat - dodge

Next on the list would be the demon hunter
- The old natalya set and long lasting immunity
- Fair mobility and guaranteed success at shooting/hitting targets from range
- dodge

Next on the list are wizard and barbarians, there are some unknowns my guess is they will be fairly casual PvP classes

As for which doctor, i don't know where it stands could be the poorest PvP class though its the classs i know very little about
Edited by Vanhyo#2408 on 03/10/2012 17:29 BST
Reply Quote
I am not sure but the barb will be facked up unless he uses disables.
Reply Quote
Deffo going to be interesting thats for sure
Reply Quote
Kinda fail OP, Barb is gonna suck in PvP it's not #1 :P I would say it's DH or Wizard that are the best.
Reply Quote
People who underestimate monk are clueless

Monks have infinite mobility, best self heals, quickness and many invulnerabilities and can stack lots of the best defensive PvP stat - dodge

He's right monks will shine and legacy nats DH too (Breaking ANY CC with tons of smoke screens then hit you with hungering arrows and cluster arrow (Loaded for bear) for high instant dmg which can't really miss or move out of it)

The only decent barb will be ranged or rend (again the rend barbs don't have that much HP to survive ranged classes) and if rend can be stopped with smoke screen melee barbs are done! I PVP alot in D2, and no one had a total immunity spell like SS that would remove dots and make you invulnerable for 1.5 sec to hit again and again and again while taking 0 damage, a 50 disc legacy nats set DH will be king, no doubt!
Edited by MadNipple#1876 on 03/10/2012 18:08 BST
Reply Quote
Monks gonna rule PvP. Teleporting to you with every hit, 4 sec invulnerability, blind, 2300+ weapon damage while totally avoiding any damage or other effect... survive that.

Too bad that people (as they always do) will cry about it, Blizzard will nerf it to the ground as they always did if anyone complained about something, and Monks are no more. Change of the skills above, and the PvE is gone. Nerfed because of PvP? PvP gone too. Monk players aswell.

I won't be so sure. Good luck with hitting a Demon Hunter with Smoke Screen a.k.a immortal for 2 seconds and then you can run away from it's 400k dps arrow. Or try and get near a WoTB WW barbarian, as soon as you enter it's 4x 200k dps tornadoes you're dead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]