Diablo® III

BIS items for MP10 barb

(Locked)

You want to see mp10 farmer, tested and succeeded, check my profile. It does takes a lot of time to farm there, its not as smooth as i would like it but i am farming, not struggling to survive. My prediction is that if i can raise my dps to 120-130k SnB with 1.0.5 jewelery ,without losing any EHP, mp10 will be close to farmable.

Do not listen to anyone in this thread. None of those barbs above are even close to being capable of farming mp10.

And i am not saying my barb is the best for mp10 of course, i am just saying it is tested and very very close to being mp10 farmer. Check the numbers, the math is correct, it only requires two 1.0.5 rings with more dps and maybe a better piece of IK chest to be completed.

p.s. there is no LoH and Lifesteal there, it is simply not needed.

Well I would say I'm capable to farm in MP10 and would like to see how you do it.
Not saying you're a liar or anything, just really intrested in how you make it work.
If you have the time you can add me in PTR and maybe do a run together?
@noisy: Farming first of all means efficiencent loot dropping - which requires that you kill fast and I'm sorry, but even with 125k DPS you won't be even close to farming.
Edited by dcdead#2517 on 16/10/2012 11:41 BST
Those of you barbarians seriously looking to tackle MP10 heres a thought. Check out my gear and see what Iv done with IK and Blackthorns, I think its one of the best combos you can put together, Some of my gear is due for upgrades which ill do closer to 1.05. and im aware that the legs dont have all resist but 363 vitality ._> 450 loh and 11% life, ill trade that! Also we will need big bumps to our health pools, im at 70k and intend to hit around 80k, in which case my chest is equal to a top end IK chest and cost me 60 million instead of 1 billion. No point having 200k dps if you can't apply it?
16/10/2012 11:40Posted by dcdead
@noisy: Farming first of all means efficiencent loot dropping - which requires that you kill fast and I'm sorry, but even with 125k DPS you won't be even close to farming.

Farming mp10 is nothing like farming inferno mate, you simply miss the point here. Even if you have 1200k dps (impossible mathwise) it will still take long time. Will show you a video tomorrow, you will understand at once.

Mp10 farming is not about killing as fast as inferno act3-4. This will never happen, so it would be nice if you people try the ptr before expressing your thoughts, you sound stupid.
16/10/2012 12:02Posted by OmegaMachine
Those of you barbarians seriously looking to tackle MP10 heres a thought. Check out my gear and see what Iv done with IK and Blackthorns, I think its one of the best combos you can put together, Some of my gear is due for upgrades which ill do closer to 1.05. and im aware that the legs dont have all resist but 363 vitality ._> 450 loh and 11% life, ill trade that! Also we will need big bumps to our health pools, im at 70k and intend to hit around 80k, in which case my chest is equal to a top end IK chest and cost me 60 million instead of 1 billion. No point having 200k dps if you can't apply it?

go try ptr mp10 with your 900k EHP, you will see your words are dust in the wind.
16/10/2012 12:40Posted by noisy

Farming mp10 is nothing like farming inferno mate, you simply miss the point here. Even if you have 1200k dps (impossible mathwise) it will still take long time. Will show you a video tomorrow, you will understand at once.

Mp10 farming is not about killing as fast as inferno act3-4. This will never happen, so it would be nice if you people try the ptr before expressing your thoughts, you sound stupid.

Am I air here? Or are you simply not intrested?

Looking forward to video btw...

Well I would say I'm capable to farm in MP10 and would like to see how you do it.
Not saying you're a liar or anything, just really intrested in how you make it work.

The recipe is simple: Forget all the 1.0.4 "specs" and all the crap you read here. No barb with 700 or even 1000 EHP will be ever able to farm mp10, whatever the dps.

Also forget speed farming, it will never happen, not with the current items.

Will be happy to add you for a run or two tomorrow after the patch goes live.

The recipe is simple: Forget all the 1.0.4 "specs" and all the crap you read here. No barb with 700 or even 1000 EHP will be ever able to farm mp10, whatever the dps.

Well I have 1,068,665 EHP and I survive pretty good. :)

Just don't understand how you manage to live without any life-return. Though you have pretty good mitigation it's not like monsters drop globes all the time in MP10.
Have you made a video yet? :)
what ? around 600k ehp here an can do act1 on mp 10
act2 and 3 depends on the elite on mp10 if its reflect damage im out cold :D
1m+ should be ok

I can farm MP10 while dual wielding without a single death and I bet I can do it significantly faster than you do. EHP requirements aren't that high since you can get massive amounts of healing these days. Basically stuff needs to get you from full to death in a second for it to be a problem. Apart from a few mobs in Act 4 (terror demons with the long 75% healing debuff and possibly some Mallet Lord/Subjugator/Armaddon elites if you should have WotB on cd when you run into them, I haven't seen anything doing that kind of damage.

I don't really see why anyone would ever want to farm MP10 since the rewards are too small in relation to time invested due to everything being giant meatbags.

I don't begrudge you a more tanky approach, but you seem to argue with a bit of arrogance implying that it is the only way to do things. It's simply not true. Many ww barbs will be able to do MP10 with no problems. Many throw barbs will be able to do MP10 with no problems. Many dw melee barbs will be able to do MP10 with no problems.
i have no doubts at all that everything you say could be correct mate and there is no arrogance in my talking at all. Never said which way is best, or that i am doing it better than others. Only thing i said is to ignore people expressing poor opinions before they even give it a try.

I don't begrudge you a more tanky approach, but you seem to argue with a bit of arrogance implying that it is the only way to do things. It's simply not true. Many ww barbs will be able to do MP10 with no problems. Many throw barbs will be able to do MP10 with no problems. Many dw melee barbs will be able to do MP10 with no problems.

but there will never be barbs doing it with poor gear, like those posting above

In any case, i've reached 2m EHP by now. Farming mp10 makes absolutely no sense, but it is absolutely doable with 100k dps and no Loh or LS at all. Revenge - provocation is almost always enough, potions are needed too. For me mp7 is the choice at present, it is enjoyable and easy, although still slow with some specific packs.

p.s. Mp10 is great for paragon leveling if you ignore the packs and kill only the trash mobs.
lol another stupid thread about "farming" mp10... mp10 isnt for farming, is for the challenge, to farm it smoothly u should have 1kk dps, even if u had the best barb gear (check google337 gear) farming lower mp will get u alot more leg/rare/set x hour

In any case, i've reached 2m EHP by now. Farming mp10 makes absolutely no sense, but it is absolutely doable with 100k dps and no Loh or LS at all. Revenge - provocation is almost always enough, potions are needed too. For me mp7 is the choice at present, it is enjoyable and easy, although still slow with some specific packs.

p.s. Mp10 is great for paragon leveling if you ignore the packs and kill only the trash mobs.

To give you a bit on perspective, if you think Revenge is good enough for healing purposes and LoH/LS isn't really needed.

I started a MP10 Azmodan fight and killed him while facetanking him start to end while dual wielding. I had 45k hp (xp gem in helmet) , 9.5k armor, 657 res. I'd guess my EHP is below 600k. My healing numbers were between 6k and 28k per tick while in the heavy damage phase when several of the pools are stacked. I would guess when in the pools I had on average 20k-25k healing/second in a single target fight.

Try MP10 Ghom/Azmodan/Butcher and I'll think you will find that just stacking EHP has some very significant limitations.
Edited by Freudian#2775 on 18/10/2012 21:32 BST

To give you a bit on perspective, if you think Revenge is good enough for healing purposes and LoH/LS isn't really needed.

Not only revenge is good enough for healing purposes (assuming you got nice EHP), but when it comes with huge EHP it makes LoH so useless you wouldn't even believe it. Always remember that Revenge sustain scales with EHP, unlike LoH which scales off Damage Reduction (RES/Armor).

For the sake of discussion, lets assume you're being hit by a mob pack with 120k dps. Lets also assume you can hit them all with revenge at once getting a 6-7% EHP per second.

this is what you see
500k EHP ----> Damage = 24%EHP/sec -----> net loss about 17% EHP/sec

this is what i see
2000k EHP ---> Damage = 6% EHP/sec -----> net gain about 1% EHP/sec

You can easily see that revenge becomes amazingly powerful when your EHP is fat, although it is quite useless when EHP is low.

Of course there are many other parameters here, no example could ever tell the whole story, but the numbers are as close to accurate as possible.

In general, LoH exists to repair your damage. You do not need it if you don't get damaged, plain and easy.

When it comes to high mp levels, every char is considered a tank since nothing can be killed quickly, and when it comes to tank, building on LoH or LS is simply BAD MATH.
Edited by noisy#2475 on 19/10/2012 08:38 BST
yeah mp10 is insanely boring since yellow elites have 50 mil+ life... i played it and killed like 10-15 elites but it took an eternity, even with my berserk on that gets me to 130kDPS...

I am not saying that this is a lot of dps but even if someone has 250k dps it still take ages to kill the elites... it is hard to survive without LS though... MP7 is acceptable in my book... yellow elites have around 20 mil life and can be downed within a good minute...

it seems mp5-6 are most common though because everything dies pretty quickly... and the reward/time spent is probably the best...
just fyi (as you said i sounded stupid before): I have made 27 key runs in MP10 and have died once (with just over 600K EHP). One whole run (with getting 5 stack before) takes me 12-20 minutes, depending on where I find the Elites and what affixes they have.
No need for selfheal, Revenge is enough? Didn't expect that...
Instead of worrying about all this BiS stuff, why dont you just buy a gear set from www.d3bay.myshopify.com. They handle everything for you and its pretty cheap considering what you get.
17/06/2013 01:07Posted by Vares
Instead of worrying about all this BiS stuff, why dont you just buy a gear set from www.d3bay.myshopify.com. They handle everything for you and its pretty cheap considering what you get.

You sir just got a free ticket for report
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]