Diablo® III

[PDF] Ladder-System, how it could look like in Diablo 3

Check out the PDF for a concept, how the Diablo 3 Ladder-System could look like in Diablo 3

EDIT: Another link for the PDF, thx to farystar:
http://www.filedropper.com/d3ladderconcept
http://s1.directupload.net/file/d/3040/bl5zzqya_pdf.htm#

Feedback would be nice! Blues too! ;-)

Best Regards
Edited by Desolacer#2339 on 14/10/2012 19:39 BST
Reply Quote
nice work, pretty tight concept :> push
Reply Quote
I am in two minds about The Ladder system. Diablo 2 had a great concept behind it, purely because It allowed players to play the game and have it "reset" as such without any items in the database. However Diablo 2 had far greater replayability to it. With Diablo 3, it would already have many level 60s, as well as high level paragons. A new start would allow fresh items, however the current state of the market, it is over flooded and you can gear toons cheaper now then a fresh start.
Reply Quote
a ladder-system in any way would improve diablo 3 so much
Reply Quote
push, feedback pls
blizzard mods too please :P
Reply Quote
Even if I didnt real all, but what I looked through a bit fast, it looked well done and some thinking behind it. +1 to you.

Give us Ladder Blizz, not a !@#$ty ladder, let it take a year, as long the ladder system will work good, and not in a beta-stage.
Reply Quote
Im screaming about a ladder in D3 like 3 months now...

Its the only thing will save this game from epic failure ( 14M copies sold in less than 5 months and some mere thousands still playing )...
Edited by Azatis#2345 on 14/10/2012 02:13 BST
Reply Quote
@Desolacer,
Dude this is a good idea, but i think this might be at the beginning of the game, not now.
Edited by heXus#2211 on 14/10/2012 02:39 BST
Reply Quote
I hope the failer...eeemm i mean someone that supposed was fan of D2 and now director of D3 see this and take action ASAP
Reply Quote
Have only scanned through it really quick but it seems like you forgot the most important part --> Ladder-only items.

Items that only drop on ladder and get transferred to non-ladder when the season ends.

I also had an idea to make hardcore more interesting. Introduce items that drop only on hardcore and when a character dies it gets transferred to softcore. It would bring some depth and decisions to hardcore. It softens the pain when you get killed by DC as well.
Reply Quote
This is amazing concept, O_O was looking at it just a few seconds and knew this was it. Desolacer you powwned with this. Blues need to respond on this !!!

Great job mister !

+1

Have only scanned through it really quick but it seems like you forgot the most important part --> Ladder-only items.

Items that only drop on ladder and get transferred to non-ladder when the season ends.

I also had an idea to make hardcore more interesting. Introduce items that drop only on hardcore and when a character dies it gets transferred to softcore. It would bring some depth and decisions to hardcore. It softens the pain when you get killed by DC as well.

+1 aswell !
Edited by Farystar#2813 on 14/10/2012 09:48 BST
Reply Quote
Desolacer update this link into main post, it is much more safer from Malware.

PDF FILE SAFER UPLOAD: Upload made by @Farystar

=> http://www.filedropper.com/d3ladderconcept

Happy reading, greetings from Farystar :)))
Edited by Farystar#2813 on 14/10/2012 10:31 BST
Reply Quote
bump...
Reply Quote
+1 from Germany
Reply Quote
bump...
Reply Quote
11/10/2012 22:55Posted by Ogamy
I am in two minds about The Ladder system. Diablo 2 had a great concept behind it, purely because It allowed players to play the game and have it "reset" as such without any items in the database. However Diablo 2 had far greater replayability to it. With Diablo 3, it would already have many level 60s, as well as high level paragons. A new start would allow fresh items, however the current state of the market, it is over flooded and you can gear toons cheaper now then a fresh start.

This,

D3 has zero replayability. Who wants to level a char again from scratch, when you're not setting perma skills or attributes? It's all done for you and so it only revolves around getting items, nothing more.
Reply Quote
bump...
Reply Quote
I wonder why it is not implemented yet officially? it is so simple, and does not require so much time. other fan sites already have that stats and pseudo-ladder.
Reply Quote
I really like this concept, the only sticking point I see is all the different auction houses to manage.
An idea I had could be to keep the same auction houses the game currently has, but Introduce a penalty points system for ladder chars that use the AH's.
Each time you buy an item off an auction house you are given penalty points which reduce your ranking, the points you are given could be scaled off the amount of gold you spent on the item eg in 1 point for 1 gold ratio.
To lower your penalty points total you could sell items on the auction house but be awarded a reduced rate of penalty point eg .5 or .8 points for 1 gold
buying items or gold off the RMAH for a ladder char could incur bigger penalties (still would be easy enough to keep ahead of your penalty points if you sold on the RMAH) to prevent people buying their way to the top.

wadda ya think?
Reply Quote
Thx for the current feedback.
Notice: its just an idea/example, how it could look like.
I hope Blizzard is reading this!
Edited by Desolacer#2339 on 14/10/2012 15:27 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]