Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
In order to investigate this issue, we need to gather some information from clients of players affected by disconnections when using Barbarians and the Whirlwind ability.
Please only post this information if you are experiencing connection issues whilst playing as a Barbarian using the Whirlwind ability. Any other posts will be disregarded and removed.
The information we require are D3Debug.txt files. You can get these files like so:
1. Play Diablo III until Whirlwind causes a disconnect.
2. Exit the game and do not re-launch it.
3. Go to the main Diablo III folder where you installed the game (usually Program Files\Diablo III).
4. Find the D3Debug.txt file in the main Diablo III folder and copy it to your desktop.
5. Open the file in Notepad and edit out your e-mail address and name (may be mentioned more than once in the file).
6. Re-save the file.
Then, please upload this file to Pastebin:
Reply back here linking the file. Please also let us know the following:
1. Does turning VSync off help reduce disconnections?
2. Does this happen in Windowed mode as well?
We can then forward this information on for further investigation.
Thank you for helping us in identifying the cause of this issue, we will update as soon as we have further information on this issue.
Edited by Natryndon on 18/10/2012 13:56 BST
US server by the way
1a. my Vsync is off by default, still disconnected. i play with windowed fullscreen. pastebin:
1b. tried with Vsync on. windowed fullscreen.
2. played in windowed mode for approximately 35minutes. no problems so far, taking a break, will post again later.
Edited by TheDyingHero#1572 on 15/10/2012 22:24 BST
I play EU server.
VSYNC is off by default.
Tried playing with windowed mode on - still crashed. (It crashed while on fullscreen mode too)
This is the D3Debug.txt after the latest (windowed mode)crash.
Hope it helps with the investigation.
1. Turning Vsync off helped in 1.0.4. But does not help in 1.0.5
2. Will try in window mode now and report back (I tried now and it disconnects in window mode)
3. It works fine when switching from WW to rend/tank
Edited by FireNacho#2658 on 18/10/2012 05:18 BST
Also getting disconnected left and right.
V-Sync both on and off, Windowed and Fullscreen has been tested. Also happens on PC + Mac.
Getting disconnected in ALL ACTS.
Danish 30Mbit cable internet (below 100ms), also happens if I use my mobiles 3G (5/5mbit). Also reinstalled, and also happens on laptop.
Hello i tend to disconnect a lot lately, even rubberbunding happens very often.
VS is on and i play in full screen mode.
will play with VS off and will report back if i crush again.
my ping is below 80ms.
Edited by Cataract#1167 on 22/10/2012 21:59 BST
Omg, fix it asap, this is so annoying, getting 5 stacks of valor on ML10, killing Warden and can't even pickup the key cause I get disconnected !!!
It would be nice if Blizzard awarded me with some nice legendary item for all these issues caused ! :)))
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.