Diablo® III

How will you be farming in 1.05?

Will act 1 on MP1 have as good drops of gold and items as act 3 on normal mode or even better?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I have a question, will A1 be easy as it is now? I did a run with full MF gear on my DH with crappy stats and elites were going down easy and I didn't die once. Now that the drops will be the same in every act, I think a lot of players will be farming it if they are not geared with items worth millions.
Reply Quote
16/10/2012 16:40Posted by Malthael
Also ring is useless imo.

It is since they nerfed it right down proc wise. The exp might be a bonus but I never bother even with a red helm gem tbh, so will be starting at MP2 on act 1 SK and Butcher - like the olden days : - 0
Edited by Wired#2524 on 16/10/2012 17:53 BST
Reply Quote
16/10/2012 17:48Posted by jeanjean
Will act 1 on MP1 have as good drops of gold and items as act 3 on normal mode or even better?

All acts (at MP1 +) will have ilvl 63 monsters and loot ROLLS, though the ilvls will be 58 - 63 in ALL acts.
Reply Quote
16/10/2012 17:54Posted by Wired
All acts (at MP1 +) will have ilvl 63 monsters and loot ROLLS, though the ilvls will be 58 - 63 in ALL acts.

This thing about rolls is a bit unclear to me. Does it mean right now I have to pick up everything yellow because it has a chance of being as good as current iLvl 63 yellows?
If yes, this is huge blow to farming efficiency :( I know iLvl63 names by heart and right now pick up only these, so I visit town only once at the end of my run.
Still, I look forward to see A1 again. I think I am going to farm mostly A3 simply because I like it the most, but mixing it up from time to time will help me to not get bored with the game too soon :)
Reply Quote
You're wrong :)

Once you raise MP to at least lvl 1, all monsters become lvl63 and item level distribution will be the same accross all acts. This means that the same percentage of ilvl63 items will drop in Act 1 just like it does in Act 3/4. This was confirmed by blues.

+1
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/DFhg2.jpg

thats how I will farm.
Reply Quote
Even A1 without mp will be worth farming alot more than before, since there wont be any rares below 58ilvl in inferno anymore.
Reply Quote
For variety I'll go back to act 1 farming, soooo bored of act 3 (even though its fastest)
I'll do the first run at mp1 then ramp it up till I hit the sweet spot - likely 3-4 for efficiency, 5-7 for challenge.
Act 1 is much much easier too.. none of those nasty creatures whos elites are lethal to DH
Reply Quote
16/10/2012 16:40Posted by Malthael
Continue with ACT III as that is the fastest. Also ring is useless imo.

Are you serious? Blue cows are fastest? Stinking blue cows with permashield that give them or anything they cats it on 100% more dmg and 70%DR?
Reply Quote
Yes, because of their basics. F.E.

Most of the Act I monsters are slow and avoidable.

Lacunis are fast, ranged attack mobs everywhere and invisible SNAKES on Act II.

Teleporting PhaseBeasts on Act III.

Mr. coming-out of-nowhere Terror Demons on Act IV.

You forget the blue cows of Act 3. HateD those things since forever. Glad to finally be rid of them. Act 2 snakes are much more friendly.
Reply Quote
act 3 will still be the best place to farm,since there are more mobs and elites there,and that means more xp and more loot.
Reply Quote
Well lets see, there are 4 acts so all we can do is what we have been doing since launch and farm acts1-4....threads get more and more absurd everyday...
Reply Quote
17/10/2012 08:18Posted by Thunderquake
Well lets see, there are 4 acts so all we can do is what we have been doing since launch and farm acts1-4....threads get more and more absurd everyday...

you've been farming act 2 and 4 since launch? feel sorry for you :(

ill still farm act 3 - its got the best mob density iirc and has alot of elites. Might chuck on some MF gear to do act 1 maybe cos of how slow enemies are

im getting thrown in at the deep end and getting a ring on MP8 though. Got a wicked nice wizz friend with 270k dps whos gonna 'help' me get it. Im gonna just stand and watch as he kills everything
Reply Quote
Act 3 MP 4-5
But i think my wizard is getting !@#$%^slapped on hulking phasebeasts/demonic tremors/bloated malachor elite packs on MP 5.
Reply Quote
Community
16/10/2012 16:44Posted by Ohm
I will alternate A1,2,3 and 4 till i get the ring with nice roll (probably will be very long) at mp6.

This sounds a lot like my plan, but I am not sure if I will do it at MP6 though :-)
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
MP2-3, will stay in Act III probably. MP3-4 for key farming and MP5 for organs.
Edited by Noztra#2348 on 17/10/2012 08:43 BST
Reply Quote
16/10/2012 17:49Posted by Thornax
I have a question, will A1 be easy as it is now? I did a run with full MF gear on my DH with crappy stats and elites were going down easy and I didn't die once. Now that the drops will be the same in every act, I think a lot of players will be farming it if they are not geared with items worth millions.

A1 will be easier than it is in 1.0.4 if you don't activate MP. As soon as you activate MP, A1 will become harder than it is currently, since all mobs will become L63 (instead of 61).
Reply Quote
A1 for a loooooooonnng.. Watch Tower in Northern Highlands, my fav. farming spot...
all lvls of "Halls" when I will need a bit more hellish exp..

then A2 for the strange mood in deserts or in Dalgur O.

A3 is fine as well

I hate A4
Reply Quote
View profile
I'll start out at MP2, probably. If it feels too easy, I'll move up a bit. If I start dying too much, or kills take too long, I move down again. Effective killing and safe survivability goes above MF, because if I'm able to kill twice as fast, I'll get more loot even with lower MF...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]