Diablo® III

Game is unplayable due to Disconnects

(Locked)

I just woke up and had my coffe and i wanted to play for a bit ... 10 mins in game BAM disconnect ... don't really have to say more because u know it's on your end and it's still not fixed after months ... shame on u
same here.. the problem jsut gets worse with time it seems!!
It's the same for me :( Disconnects after few minutes. No mattter if I'm playing alone or join friends game.
Never had a disconnect here. Probably your connections.

I think Diablo III uses UDP for lower latency which means if your connection drops too many packets there is a good chance of being disconnected.

Maybe Blizzard should add a TCP mode (configurable in options) for such people as TCP provides much more reliable connections thanks to fault tollerence at the cost of an increase in latency.
never mind disconnections i can barely get into a game after 1.0.5 made several posts about it with not even a hint that blizz are even looking into the problem (seen many other posts about lag and disconnects since 1.0.5)

I know that using mobile broadband might be the problem but iv never had a problem before so that doesn't really make sense unless blizz has changed something and i have a solid connection and download at 400kb/s at peak time, I have even tested other games and have under 80 ping so it must be something they have changed since latest patch
Customer Service
Hey there jmt.

Could I ask what operating system you are using? Also, have you tried resetting your router?
Windows 7 enterprise

i7

radeon 6870

8gbram

yes i tried , i think u missunderstood me , this is happening for MONTHS , sometimes is really bad sometimes i can play for hours whit no issue and sometimes it's just bad ... disc after disc

i had this issue even before i did a clean windows reinstall so this is clearly on your end and not ours.
Edited by jmt#2587 on 23/10/2012 18:16 BST
Customer Service
Hehe, if it was on our end then everyone would be experiencing it jmt. =)

Please try following the advice in this this support article to see if it helps: https://eu.battle.net/support/article/6000064
Never had a disconnect here. Probably your connections.

I think Diablo III uses UDP for lower latency which means if your connection drops too many packets there is a good chance of being disconnected.

Maybe Blizzard should add a TCP mode (configurable in options) for such people as TCP provides much more reliable connections thanks to fault tollerence at the cost of an increase in latency.

Hehe, if it was on our end then everyone would be experiencing it jmt. =)

Please try following the advice in this this support article to see if it helps

Natryndon - can you please comment on this? I too have been having dc issues for the past 5 months.. but in the last week it happens after less than 5 mins of play..
I must second that. I never had problems with connections, but the last 5-6 day the diablo is just unplayable for me. I can not use AH, can not play due the removing from the game, even can not whisper to friends :(
Customer Service
As I say, try the steps outlined in the support article I linked above. If none of them resolve the issue for you, affected players should let us know what country they are playing from and their Internet Service Provider.

Thanks. =)
As I say, try the steps outlined in the support article I linked above. If none of them resolve the issue for you, affected players should let us know what country they are playing from and their Internet Service Provider.

Thanks. =)

tried all of those setps and then some :) ..but still having problems.. so here is the info you have requested.. (note that I have multiple ISP accounts)

ISP:
8ta - non stop disconnects in the past week - latency avg about 350ms (worked reasonably well for the past 5 months)
MTN - non stop disconnects + high latency.. 450ms
Cell C - tried this one in the last 2 days out of desperation - it doesn't disconnect like the others but high latency + lag spikes (400ms - 800ms)

Hope to hear back from you.. thanks
Same for me... unplayable here, getting disconnected abour every 5-10 minutes. Never had this issue before. Just started today after the hotfix.
Same problem here!! Never experienced it before, game just disconnects and I am being thrown back to game menu, not in login screen. Meanwhile, at the same time, my internet service is fine.
13 Night Elf Rogue
Hi, I have the same problem here. I've never had disconnections before. And the problem isn't only in DIII but also in WOW and SC2. So I think it will be some problem on battle.net servers.

I have up-to-date drivers and I've tried all advices in the article above.

provider: O2 Telefónica CZ
connection speed: 20 MBit/s download, 5 MBit/s upload
latency: usually 60 ms, sometimes 200-400 ms
Edited by LodestCZ#2326 on 24/10/2012 18:58 BST
Although not as frequent as some of you guys, I still get 1 to 2 disconnects per 4hour sessions.

Always seems to happen when I'm at 5nv stacks too !

Canada, Cogeco cable

Edit: On a side note, retaining nephalem valor stacks for a set amount of time after disconnect would at least alleviate the problem and allow us to keep playing instead of /ragequit. Granted for the people disconnecting after 10 min it wouldn't be of much use.
Edited by BennyHill#1461 on 24/10/2012 18:16 BST
Disabling vsync in the graphics options solved my problem with disconnects with my wirl wind barb
24/10/2012 19:41Posted by Moerrrb
Disabling vsync in the graphics options solved my problem with disconnects with my wirl wind barb

this doesn't work i'm afraid
Well this is now happening to me....

Everything was fine last night, grinding fine.

Woke up this morning with zero alteration of any settings, My games disconnect after around a minute from joining games.

Surfing and Downloading fine. Playing from the UK
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]