Diablo® III

Loot alert

Come on Blue´s give us an answer, is it alowed or not?
personally the ingame sound is hardly noticable also i like to play without diablo 3 sounds cause i prefer listening to my mp3 list and when i turn of diablo 3 sound there is no way to turn on the loot sound in diablo 3 (this should be a seperate option so u can only have the legendary drop sound in diablo 3 and no other ingame sound).
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
90 Pandaren Shaman
If you are talking about game file modifications, they are not permitted in D3 I am afraid.
Reply Quote
Nothing Modifies the game file, im talkign about loot alert, a tool that reads memory and plays a sound when a legendary item drops etc.
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
90 Pandaren Shaman
25/10/2012 23:51Posted by DlovaN
Nothing Modifies the game file, im talkign about loot alert, a tool that reads memory and plays a sound when a legendary item drops etc.

As far as I am aware, this would come under the topic of Addons, which sadly, are still not permitted for D3 currently as there is no player API. Any program reading the memory of the game could be detected as such and could lead to account issues, so I would avoid it.
Reply Quote
I want a blue to answer and get a proper reaction from Blizzard, people have been wondering for ages if its alowed or not. No offence to you.
Reply Quote
Well seeing as Blizzard aren't even answering the hundreds of people that can't access their D3 at the moment because of the infinite patch problem (including myself), I'd say you'll have to wait a while for a reply.
Reply Quote
they don't answer tickets in regards to this either... made a topic myself and no blue response or ticket ...sad
Reply Quote
got reply from ticket

Hello,

I hope you are having an awesome day!

I'm really sorry I couldn't reach you earlier, Due to the high ticket queue status our response time was increased. Rest assured we are doing our best to speed up this process and get in touch with players as soon as possible.

We are not allowed to support any third party programs!

Anything else i can help you with? Just reply to this ticket.

[]___________________
o===(XXXX)____________________\>.
[]
Reply Quote
Could i see a screenshot of this ticket?
Reply Quote
got reply from ticket

Hello,

I hope you are having an awesome day!

I'm really sorry I couldn't reach you earlier, Due to the high ticket queue status our response time was increased. Rest assured we are doing our best to speed up this process and get in touch with players as soon as possible.

We are not allowed to support any third party programs!

Anything else i can help you with? Just reply to this ticket.

[]___________________
o===(XXXX)____________________\>.
[]

This is the typical pre-formatted crap that D3 support spam to the rare tickets you CAN actually raise rather than just endless links to support text pages.

What a crock of poo!

I think it's just a little guy in a room with limited intellect and he uses keywords to best fit the already formatted email replies he sends out.

The expectation of someone actually wanting to help and thinking about how to reply to your ticket is a fallacy sadly.
Edited by Wired#2524 on 26/10/2012 12:03 BST
Reply Quote
I'm not even a green but from the EULA (http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/d3_eula.html)

In Section 2
"You agree that you will not, under any circumstances:"
"Use any unauthorized third-party software that intercepts, “mines”, or otherwise collects information from or through the Game or the Service, including without limitation any software that reads areas of RAM used by the Game to store information"

Are they allowed to detect it?
"WHEN RUNNING, THE GAME MAY MONITOR YOUR COMPUTER’S RANDOM ACCESS MEMORY (RAM) FOR UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY PROGRAMS RUNNING CONCURRENTLY WITH THE GAME."

What if you are detected?

"...Blizzard reserves the right to terminate this License Agreement without notice if you fail to comply with any terms and conditions contained herein, the terms and conditions contained in the Terms of Use and/or the terms and conditions for the real currency Diablo III Auction House. In case of minor violations of these rules Blizzard will provide you with a prior warning of your non-compliance prior to terminating the Agreement. If, however, your behavior is utterly unacceptable, Blizzard is not required to provide you with such prior warning. A behavior is considered utterly unacceptable in case of a serious violation of important provisions of this Agreement, the Terms of Use and/or the terms of use agreement for the Diablo III Auction House. Important provisions include a violation of Section 2 and 5 above."

I think it means that no, it is not allowed and if detected you will be banned permanently and without warning.
Reply Quote
I am waiting for a blue answer. You are not a blue Tartozek.
Reply Quote
I'm quite curious to see if this is allowed too. . . i personally dont play with d3 sounds either. . . so using this loot alert add-on would be amazing!
Reply Quote
It would be really nice to get an answer, especially since it's proven, that not even the mini map ping for legs works properly!
Reply Quote
Yep it would be nice with an official response specifically on THAT program, not on all programs out there.
Reply Quote
I sent Blizz a ticket, asking about LootAlert, telling them I was using it (pre-patch 1.0.5) and wanted to know if I was breaking any rules...
The exact response was "allthough it was a social faux-pas, it doesnt violate any ingame rules"
I dosnt modify any data ingame, its not a hack, or a bot... so its not a priority.
Havent been using it since 1.0.5. the legendary "ding" is enough for me now...
but I told them I was using it, they could have simply checked my logs and banned me without a response..
So I feel like I went up to a cop with a joint in my hand, and asked him if smoking was illegal.

LootAlert isnt illegal. Game Modifying add-ons and bots are.. check the streamers on twitch, I found out about loot alert from a german guy, who said he was using it on stream for months. just like "legendary counters" or "elite-counters" that all collect data from the game, and display it on stream...
If loot-alert were a bannable offence, then the same would apply to anti-virus that also reads game memory...
Item Counters, elite counters all that...

you want to use LootAlert, just send blizz a ticket... when they tell you "its frowned upon but not a violation" then you have a ticket in hand and will feel confident
Reply Quote
28/10/2012 09:13Posted by DlovaN

WHY you need a blue answer when its in their rules??????????? you cant read? Data mining gives you advantage. Loot Alerts dings you for drops outside screen, Goblins which you cant see yet. It gives you advantage over not using it >>> violation of rules >>> ban

Dont be stupid.

if you doubt it, go use it, just dont come crying when you got banned for illegal 3rd party software

blizzard is not going to put a post here saying it is allowed or not allowed. geez.

09/11/2012 17:59Posted by RoStEl
you want to use LootAlert, just send blizz a ticket... when they tell you "its frowned upon but not a violation" then you have a ticket in hand and will feel confident

some reply of some support dude means exactly nothing. If you get banned and come with support ticket 12345 says its allowed they will just apologise for the confusion and that strict actions have been taken against the employee suggesting the use is not violating their rules and point you to their rules which you could of read and understand from that it is a violation
Edited by prod#2134 on 09/11/2012 18:09 GMT
Reply Quote
09/11/2012 18:04Posted by prod
some reply of some support dude means exactly nothing. If you get banned and come with support ticket 12345 says its allowed they will just apologise for the confusion and that strict actions have been taken against the employee suggesting the use is not violating their rules and point you to their rules which you could of read and understand from that it is a violation

I refuse to believe this.
Mainly because there is too much proof of the contrary... bucketloads of posts in the forum of people admitting they use it, me for example.
Using it for weeks without so much as a warning.
On the side note another statement from the rules is "3rd party software that attempts to access the memory"
If all rules were black&white, then every user who uses an Anti-Virus Software could be banned. The Rules arent terribly well thought through...
If you want to say "well you know what we mean, anti virus obviously isn't a bannable offence" then simply apply that logic to every rule.
Same as basic laws in real-life... some laws allow "grey-zones" to give the arresting officer a certain amount of freedom for personal judgement.
You can be arrested for being "Drunk and Disorderly" but when exactly are you drunk, and when exactly are you being disorderly? Noone ever states a prices "limit", so that police can say "well he's having a good time, good on him"... and if you're acting like a d*** then they can slap some cuffs on you using it as their reason.

EDIT:
And didn'T Blizzard purchase parts of the Loot-Alert software for the Legendary-Alert in 1.0.5? Thought I read that somewhere.
Edited by RoStEl#2786 on 09/11/2012 18:25 GMT
Reply Quote
28/10/2012 09:13Posted by DlovaN

The guy took his time to show the Terms of Use cut down on the important parts, and you simply throw that away?

Yes... Tartozek isn't a blue... but he posted what you needed to know.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]