Diablo® III

Multiboxing

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Today on twitch.tv i have seen the man playing by 4 monks.

This is the link on this man: http://saveimg.ru/pictures/29-10-12/4dc29700883a74ec0446e751badae9b6.png
This is his twitch: http://ru.twitch.tv/d3_inigomontoya/
Widely says about multiboxing: http://saveimg.ru/show-image.php?id=82e9aa94ccfdc5a58839bbdb7063614b

Can i play like this? Is it legal?
Reply Quote
It is.

A year or so ago it was a very popular practice in WoW. People were multiboxing and played 20-30 shamans at the same time. It was hilarious and annoying at the same time. I have ticketed a game master asking if that's legal practice and he told me it is. Since they find it in accordance to their ToS and EULA as the player is the one controlling his chars no matter if the control goes through one keyboard/mouse.

So yeah, it is legal.
Reply Quote
Well, Ive posted alot of these and no one cares... And I start to wonder what's going on? It seems that some kind of 3rd party program is okey while Ah bot is not cause of too much pain and no profit?
Reply Quote
It's complete BS, and the only reason it's "legal" in D3 is because it gives them insane cash.
It's still a 3rd party program being used, but hey Blizz does not give a flying fukc when it's making them money.

It is a third party program that doesn't interfere with Diablo 3, or you're suggesting that listening to mp3 while playing is also illegal because you're using third party program to listen to music?

Think before you type.
Reply Quote
View profile
the most interesting thing about his stream if you actually watch him farming, he is using loot alert with a custom sound.

that is a third party app that is bannable.

multiboxing should be too as the player is only controlling 1 char and replicating key strokes to another.

from my understanding why can't I use a key capture for autoit, monitor my key strokes and then replicate it on other accounts...

botting is botting no matter how you look at it.
Reply Quote
It is impossible to tell which char he is controlling and to which others you are replicating key strokes to. The one on screen, you might say. Why is that the primary one in technical means?

The player is PRESSING the keys or using the mouse, there is not law that says you cannot do that for multiple chars.
Reply Quote
Btw you cannot capture your keystrokes with scripts for the further usage on other machines 'cause using macros that allow that (including pausing between strokes) and software that allows it is illegal.
Reply Quote
There were few blue posts in the past regarding this issue - Multiboxing is allowed.

I'm more concerned about Other program he is using - it's Loot Allert.

Anyway this guys do this for very LONG time, streaming it and is not banned so far... so people might think that loot allert is legal.
Edited by Massacrul#2801 on 01/11/2012 11:33 GMT
Reply Quote
As a previous WoW multiboxer I understand well all the joy and hate around this subject. Good times:)

Multiboxing is difficult, challenging, rewarding, fun and annoying. Why annoying? It's because of people who don't understand or tolerate it and call you a bot, loser, whatever. You play to entertain yourself, pay for all the expenses, follow the rules and still get hated by some even if you were on their side.

Since it's allowed in WoW of course it's allowed in D3 too. D3 is still PvE only. When PvP arrives most multiboxers will get owned hard. Multiboxers are not a match for human players who co-operate when team numbers are even.

There are strict rules for multiboxing. One user action maps strictly to one action per character. If you create macros outside the game engine you can get banned.

Personally I don't see D3 as a good choice for multiboxing. If you are interested, remember that there is a learning curve and considerable amount of time needed to set it all up. Not recommended for the faint-hearted.
Reply Quote
Old topic, but i was just banned for multi boxing.

Hello there X

Multiboxing is not allowed in DIII because every use of every third party program, influencing the game is against the terms of use.

Your account had been closed for detection of third party program usage and was to be found valid after being checked by multiple agents, so we consider this case as closed now.

Kindest regards,

Game Master Scrahvia
English Customer Support
Reply Quote
I just saw a stream to with 4 wizards and i'm amazed of what is going on...He is running alone in the world and when he has the elite at 10% hp he pressed a key a msg on the screan 'broadcast on' appears and all the other 3 chars tp on him just for the loot then he pressed again the key and 'broadcast off' and they tp back to town.Including loot alert he got 2 amulets and 2 bips heard on speakers.Like wtf man how in hell is that legal?I dont have instaled any of my drivers from keyboard and mouse only to not give them a reason to ban me for macro or other bs the razer drivers might have and so on and they use all that LIVE and still nothing?like RLY?!

So he is using:
- loot alert
- third party program for multi boxing
- macros for all the bs keys he is using
And they are still here running there 'bots' like gods and fking the game economy taking advantage over everyone else with 4 chars loot....

"The terms of use clearly state that any use of third party software to cheat in the game, automate gameplay or gain an unfair advantage over others can lead to an immediate closure of the involved accounts no matter the account history"

So again what is legal to multiboxing??cuz i cant understand it.....
Reply Quote
well, the way i see multi boxing.

1. u are allowed to have several instances of diablo 3 open.
2. all it does is send the same keys strokes to all 2/3/4 windows
u dont really need third party software for that, so it shouldn't be against the game rules (thats what i think)

but it is. i got a second message from a other gm confirming it is.
Reply Quote
So if it's not allowed why are all those streamers still here?Even avoid is using multibox now...If you are popular you are untouchable or what cuz i dont get it why they dont ban them...
Reply Quote
Community
This is a very tricky topic to address, because there are quite a few different approaches to multiboxing out there and only some of them goes against our Terms of Use.

It is an issue if and when multiboxing automates gameplay, but as long as the player who is multiboxing is the legitimate account holder on all the involved accounts, and as long as all the characters being played are 100% under the player's control without any kind of automation involved, then we are okay with it.

Edit: Removing the air plane analogy, because looking at it in retrospect, I can see that it wasn't really very accurate. Please look to my next response for further clarification: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5825582768?page=2#25
Edited by Vaneras on 25/01/2013 14:29 GMT
Reply Quote
This is a very tricky topic to address, because there are quite a few different approaches to multiboxing out there and only some of them goes against our Terms of Use.

It is an issue if and when multiboxing automates gameplay, but as long as the player who is multiboxing is the legitimate account holder on all the involved accounts, and as long as all the characters being played are 100% under the player's control without any kind of automation involved, then we are okay with it... if we use air planes as an analogy: it is fine to pilot one plane and remote control other planes, but it is not fine to switch on the auto-pilot on any of the planes.

But you can control all your multibox characters with one button press, so key binding on a single account is illegal, but with multibox it's legal?
Edited by Org#1661 on 25/01/2013 12:10 GMT
Reply Quote

It is an issue if and when multiboxing automates gameplay, but as long as the player who is multiboxing is the legitimate account holder on all the involved accounts, and as long as all the characters being played are 100% under the player's control without any kind of automation involved, then we are okay with it... if we use air planes as an analogy: it is fine to pilot one plane and remote control other planes, but it is not fine to switch on the auto-pilot on any of the planes.

But you can't launch Diablo3 x4 times, you need 3-third part software to do...
Reply Quote
25/01/2013 12:09Posted by Org
But you can control all your multibox characters with one button press, so key binding on a single account is illegal, but with multibox it's legal?

Dude you absolutely nailed it there... excellent response.

FYI all US forums are start to discuss about Vaneras' response:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709232485

edit: added URL
Edited by DaFemaleBoss#2450 on 25/01/2013 12:20 GMT
Reply Quote
If we use planes as an analogy: You're not remote controling other planes, you fly with four planes simultaneously.
Reply Quote
25/01/2013 12:21Posted by Org
If we use planes as an analogy: You're not remote controling other planes, you fly with four planes simultaneously.

Exactly, because every single control action you do in your main plane, gets 1:1 replicated in the other 3 planes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]