Diablo® III

Multiboxing

Poor kids. Don't get mad if you can't afford to buy 3 extra copies of Diablo.

But using programs like loot alert, that's something i don't approve.
Reply Quote
wut? planes? How can I get flying mount in Diablo??
Reply Quote
Interesting Juhazzz, you don't support something like loot alert (why the hell do people even need this, blind and deaf!?) but you support multiboxing!?

In my opinion it is like botting and should be bannable.. It's like cheating, because you play with 4 chars = 4x the loot and you need a 3th party program to launch D3 4 times and also you are just directing 1 char the others are being macroed or am I wrong here?

I unfollowed a streamer because he was multiboxing, matzejiin or whatever his name was.
Reply Quote
This is a very tricky topic to address, because there are quite a few different approaches to multiboxing out there and only some of them goes against our Terms of Use.

It is an issue if and when multiboxing automates gameplay, but as long as the player who is multiboxing is the legitimate account holder on all the involved accounts, and as long as all the characters being played are 100% under the player's control without any kind of automation involved, then we are okay with it... if we use air planes as an analogy: it is fine to pilot one plane and remote control other planes, but it is not fine to switch on the auto-pilot on any of the planes.

But you can't launch Diablo3 x4 times, you need 3-third part software to do...

You can launch it legally multiple times. Copy your Diablo folder name it Diablo1 make 2 short cuts to Diablo.exe add in command line -launcher and link one of the short cuts to Diablo and the other to your diablo1 folder. There you go legally and without much trouble you can now launch Diablo 2 times.
Edited by Paladin#2285 on 25/01/2013 13:13 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
Again, the question of whether or not multiboxing is permitted is a very hard one to address.

You are free to play more than one character at the same time using more than one client at the same time, but each character must be played the same way you would play a single character normally in a single client. This means that one character must not react and perform actions automatically based on actions performed by another character. You can send commands and instructions to multiple characters at once, which is fine of course, as long as each action performed by each character is a result of direct player interaction and player choice.

Multiboxing characters must be controlled 100% by the player!

Edit: Edited the post for clarification purposes.
Edited by Vaneras on 25/01/2013 14:40 GMT
Reply Quote
Interesting Juhazzz, you don't support something like loot alert (why the hell do people even need this, blind and deaf!?) but you support multiboxing!?

In my opinion it is like botting and should be bannable.. It's like cheating, because you play with 4 chars = 4x the loot and you need a 3th party program to launch D3 4 times and also you are just directing 1 char the others are being macroed or am I wrong here?

I unfollowed a streamer because he was multiboxing, matzejiin or whatever his name was.

You really have no clue and you really have not once even tried to multibox, yet you talk like you know it all.

You need a program that is called ISboxer and all that does is it set everything up for you. It helps you broadcast your mouse to several clients and it helps you broadcast your key responses to other clients. If you moan that is 3erd party software and illegal you also can uninstall your keyboard software, mouse software and oh wait your hole operating system.

The moment your mouse and kb responses become automated you have a problem. But technically your still controlling (in my case) 4 chars at the same time and you still have to press the buttons. ISboxer does not automate anything in the way it could be illegal for D3 or wow. Lax the owner of isboxer is not a silly guy and they are a professional software company who made this software to multibox in about any game. Have a read on isboxer.com before you start shouting things you don't even understand.

It's people like you that give us multiboxers a bad name because you have no clue what goes on behind it. You obvious can not afford yourself to do it so you have to get your envy out because of the (in my case) 3 x extra loot.

Let me enlighten you kiddo, it's Diablo, you 3 x extra !@#$ loot.

I do agree with you on lootalert, but every man for himself i guess and people know the risk.

This is not the first post done by a blue but i guess everyone missed the old the one, nevertheless a step forward for multiboxers and a step back for all the whiners and jellybeans
Edited by rootz#2950 on 25/01/2013 14:09 GMT
Reply Quote
25/01/2013 13:49Posted by Vaneras

Thx for the clarification. Van you should be promoted.

Multiboxing PvP anyone??!
Reply Quote
Please review your stance on multiboxing.

Many years ago blizzard has agreed to allow multiboxing. However, Multiboxing software has evolved over the years and any things have changed. When players discover new loop-holes, the rules deserve to be adjusted.

• Multiboxers with the software control 4 characters in perfect synchronization and never have to switch to their other characters when fighting or looting.
  • Multiboxers use software that makes multiboxing extremely easy and much more efficient. The multibox software provides a significant advantage over players who don't use it.
  • The multibox software required to multibox efficiently has a monthly fee.
  • Multiboxers with this software doesn't slow down the killing or the looting process when done right and rewards the significant advantage of 400% the legendarys and gold.
  • No other online game gives you 4 times as much loot for running 4 times as many accounts. In WoW if you have 4 characters kill 1 monster, you get 1 monster's loot. In diablo 3, if you have 4 characters kill 1 monster, you get 4 monster's worth of loot.

How can you allow players to make decisions for 1 account and allow a program to move the other 3 characters and attack for them? The multibox software literrally allows you to play 1 character, but get the attacks and loot of 4 characters.

Please review your stance on multiboxing. Any program that allows a significant advantage compared to normal players is against the spirit of fair play.
    Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 25/01/2013 15:11 GMT
    Reply Quote
    Again, the question of whether or not multiboxing is permitted is a very hard one to address.

You are free to play more than one character at the same time using more than one client at the same time, but each character must be played the same way you would play a single character normally in a single client. This means that one character must not react and perform actions automatically based on actions performed by another character. You can send commands and instructions to multiple characters at once, which is fine of course, as long as each action performed by each character is a result of direct player interaction and player choice.

Edit: Edited the post for clarification purposes.

1. You clearly know that multiboxers are controlling the other chars with replication/automation programs where every character except for 1 character mimics the action of the player controlled character

2. If you say that it's a hard question if it's legal or not are you really tinking that people are actually clicking into 4 D3 windows? If so then please show me 1 streamer that does so...

You know that it is unfair towards normal players that legitimately play 1 account on 1 computer and not having multiple accounts playing at the same time yet you tell us that there would be people out there clicking for 4 accounts at the same time. Those statements make us lose faith in you Blizzard...

//Edit: Regards to Chillaxin who obviously shares my opinion.
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Acronyms and their meaning: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7004698754
    The new way of making every Legendary viable: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7199033719
    Idea: White/Blue Items and Crafting Fix: http://us.battle.net/d3/en-us/forum/topic/7167576791
    Monk Build: The Dual Wielded Lawn Mower: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415641623
    Monk: Runes and Passives Idea: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593582720
    Edited by frisch#2609 on 25/01/2013 15:15 GMT
    Reply Quote
    This means that one character must not react and perform actions automatically based on actions performed by another character.

Isboxer does exactly this!! They control 1 character the entire time of play while the other 3 follow them and do the exact same attacks.
    Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 25/01/2013 15:18 GMT
    Reply Quote
    25/01/2013 15:10Posted by Chillaxin
    Multiboxers with the software control 4 characters in perfect synchronization and never have to switch to their other characters when fighting or looting.

How does one pick up an item in Diablo 3 without actually knowing where to send the mouse click of their secondary accounts?

Multiboxer cannot automatically pick stuff like gems/tomes/yellow items without actually focusing on the character this stuff drops for.

Or maybe there is something I don't know?
    Reply Quote
    25/01/2013 15:18Posted by Darlynn

There is. They allow the legendary glow to opaque on the screen so they just look for the legendary glow, click on it, the account that had the legendary picks it up, while the other 3 just walk over to the empty space.

They don't bother picking up rares, but they get 400% gold and legendarys and farm at amazing speeds.
    Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 25/01/2013 15:21 GMT
    Reply Quote
    25/01/2013 15:20Posted by Chillaxin

There is. They allow the legendary glow to opaque on the screen so they just look for the legendary glow, click on it, the account that had the legendary picks it up, while the other 3 just walk over to the empty space.

They don't bother picking up rares, but they get 400% gold and legendarys and farm at amazing speeds.

So essentially the ISBOXER can merge all 4 game instance screens into one and overlay them one over other?
    Reply Quote
    Why do you care?
    Reply Quote
    25/01/2013 15:36Posted by Darlynn
    So essentially the ISBOXER can merge all 4 game instance screens into one and overlay them one over other?

Yes, and other software can make only what you want to be visible show up on your screen. Still perfectly legal because all it does is make what you want to be visible and doesn't give you any additional information.

Its a loophole that blizzard desperately needs to look into.
    Reply Quote
    25/01/2013 15:52Posted by Chillaxin

Yes, and other software can make only what you want to be visible show up on your screen. Still perfectly legal because all it does is make what you want to be visible and doesn't give you any additional information.

Its a loophole that blizzard desperately needs to look into.

You serious have no clue what your talking about, you also have no clue how it actual works and you judge on what you seen.

Your spreading wrong information and are full of bull.

Get your facts straight before you even start moaning
    Reply Quote
    25/01/2013 15:56Posted by rootz
    You serious have no clue what your talking about, you also have no clue how it actual works and you judge on what you seen.

What part do you find untrue? Every fact I've said about multiboxing is based on personal experience. It is the fastest and most efficient way to play by far.
    Reply Quote
    http://youtu.be/O3jNLRJx4mk

This is Mp4. This isn't my own video, but I assure you, I can do it much faster. This player loses synchronization for a bit a couple times because he's not as good at it yet.

No need to switch switch characters when fighting or looting. All characters will stay in perfect synchronization when done right.

All it requires is setup. After you're setup, it is exactly like playing 1 character, but get the results and loot of 4 characters.
    Edited by Chillaxin#1429 on 25/01/2013 16:10 GMT
    Reply Quote
    Can you please get a F***ING clue what you are talking about? The 3 other chars do not "follow" the main char. You have obviously no idea how ISboxer/multiboxing works.

You need to SEE all chars for it to work. You need to know exactly where the 3 other chars are on the screen. The 3 other chars are moving/doing actions/things based on your mouse/keyboard inputs, not what the main char is doing. If your chars get out of sync, they/ISboxer do not fix it themselves, you have to do it MANUALLY.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]