Diablo® III

Suggestion: Salvage HF Ring to organ of your choice

Hey.

Crafting Hellfire rings has 2 major problems right now, in my opinion:

• It is very likely to end up with an imbalanced amount of organs. Me and most of my friends farming rings all have this problem, we have a ton of some of the organs, but none of another one (I currently have 5 fangs, 4 eyes, but no spine). This is the result of multiple design choices, making it hard to farm for specific organs, like the not guaranteed drop of the organs (not everyone can handle MP10), the inability to trade organs and no control over the order of the opened portals. Also, farming for specific organs would essentially require to farm them solo (which would be quite an ineffective use of the machines) or search a group for this specific organ, since other people missing specific organs will probably miss other organs than you do.

• Also, Blizzard stated already, that salvaging the rings is not satisfying, they should salvage into more than just useless rare crafting materials.

So I suggest the following:

Salvage the Hellfire Rings into one organ of our choice.

This would salvage the rings into something meaningful and useful, while also elegantly fixing the problem of missing specific organs.

Of course, this would have some impact on gameplay, since you would essentially get 33% more hellfire rings from the same amount of organs, however, I don't think, it would break the game.

If you like this suggestion and have access to the US forums, it would be great, if you would create a duplicate thread there.
Edited by Küken#2623 on 15/11/2012 08:24 GMT
Reply Quote
Signed.
Reply Quote
Signed.
Reply Quote
Signed (also random component would be fine IMO)

It makes sense that this should be possible since the ring really is just the the three organs put together. In practice it should be possible to take it apart without destroying at least one part, even if they are glued together with some eternal liquid of hell/heaven!

Until then: Don't open the 3rd portal whenever you all have that organ will help you balance the organs.
Reply Quote
signed...
Reply Quote
15/11/2012 08:54Posted by Necksnapper
Until then: Don't open the 3rd portal whenever you all have that organ will help you balance the organs.

Yes but the probability that somebody else in the team misses exactly that one is pretty high :)
Reply Quote
signed
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Signed
Reply Quote
signed
Reply Quote
+10
Reply Quote
YEAY !!!
Reply Quote
Allow us just to sell organs :) 37 spines, 12 fangs and 0 eyes.

MP7. It's like getting punk'd without Ashton Kutcher.
Edited by Ferelith#1788 on 15/11/2012 15:37 GMT
Reply Quote
signed

signed

...and signed again!
Reply Quote
As for the actual mechanics, you could probably salvage the rings into one "demonic ancestral cell" and add recipes to craft either of the organs for a number of these cells :P Could also be a chance to receive a cell, to keep the randomization effect, but still be able to select, which organ to get. Chance and amount of cells needed would need to be balanced depending on how many hellfire rings we are supposed to craft. Could also just balance that via gold cost of crafting the organs from the cells.
Reply Quote
Signed.

got 7 pieces of one organ, 5 of another, and 0 of the third - annoying...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]