Diablo® III

Improvements Almanac v2

CPR
Reply Quote
All +1
Except: DON'T Nerf Monster HP on high mp, DON'T give them more damage. It feels fine as it is.

Also: Let not only XP, but also MF and GF scale better with high MP. x35 health? Please x35 MF&GF.
Reply Quote
Community
I unfortunately don't have any comments on the topic at this moment in time, but I wanted to blue-tag this thread as an acknowledgement of all the dedication and passion that has gone into creating it.

Thanks for the feedback, it is very constructive and easy to follow :-)
Reply Quote
There is light!
Thanks! Here really are some of the things that people want or are bothered with. I realy hope you and your fellows can find some direction for your next patches!

PS: And untill I'm on the spotlight - I'm mostly sure people want:
- more than 5 buff icons visible - when we have a shrine and some skills that are more than 5 we cannot see the rest. Also the timer animation that shows how much is left on the skills starts to vanish a lot when comes to the end and on the dark skills mostly is invisible.
- avatars for the forum. But why not nice and many like in SC2!
Like the banners if also avatars for the forum were many and unlockable - how great would have been
- reflect damage is too strong mostly for ranged classes that are supposed to do a lot of damage, but not supposed to take a lot. I think some reduction of the reflect damage will be nice or if it stay like this the elites that have it may have an aura or something showing the great danger they present.
- ability to dye legendaries - there were some threads how people cannot understand why the legendaryes cannot be dyed and how their toons look like clowns with different colors on them
- introduction of commas, dots, space or other separator after each 3 digits in the item selling window - people makes mistakes many times because of this
- in AH selling from the followers inventory? And also mark some items from AH like favorite for bying and easy reviewing later.
Also seems there is some bug like many items that are listed are expired.
Is it possible the auto fill search filter also to work for the the stats from legendary?
Edited by FrozenTS#2718 on 29/11/2012 11:03 GMT
Reply Quote
Some great suggestions here. Stuff I particularly like in no particular order:

+ paragon level pickup radius bonus
+ reflect damage affix changes
+ being able to dye legendary, please for the love of cydea get this in already
+ legendaries' stats definitely needs more works
+ everything in the crafting category
+ toning down allies' spell effects (trying to melee/dodge abilities next to whirlwind/CM wizards ;_;)

I also like the suggestions of auto pickup of potions, gems and tomes but on that note I wanted to add a suggestion I've seen somewhere else on the forum: an equivalent/variant to D2's /nopickup mode where you can set an item quality level that will not be picked up when clicked unless a modifier key is held down at the same time. Ideally it'd make the items untargetable so you don't try to pick up stuff you've set to ignore when trying to attack a mob standing on top of it.

It drives me crazy on my monk to pick up all sorts of random white junk when trying to attack, or just have something drop right under my mouse cursor when the mob I'm hitting dies.

I'm not convinced changing hp/damage curves for MP levels is a good idea. I feel the current rates match gear progression fairly well apart from class imbalances. If more challenge is needed I'd love to see more events like the uber bosses, which are great fun. On a related note the Hellfire Ring and it's implementation was also something I'd like to see more of.
Edited by Skip#2514 on 29/11/2012 11:27 GMT
Reply Quote
Since a blue is here I'll take the opportunity to get this aired
If I didn't mention one of the points, it just means I have no comment on them

Public Games:
- introduction of MP system +1

Character:
- increase base pickup radius to 1 or 2 +1
- button to automatically sort your items +1
- ability to buy moar stash tabs +1
- death is too lenient; experience penalties should be taken into consideration +1

Monsters:
- reflect damage mobs have an aura, or are otherwise easily distinguishable and have a reduced spawning rate +1
- steeper damage curve, making MP10 foes provide the ultimate challenge/gear check for the absolute best players +1
- slightly leaner HP curve, making MP10 challenges less repetitive, time consuming and boring +1
- steeper progression of bonus EXP in order to encourage higher MP farming +1
- random boss encounters should provide a greater challenge and reward than any other conceivable random elite encounter +1
- a new monster power level where the packs have all the possible affixes at the same time +1
- more monster affixes +1
- powerful uber minions for higher mp levels (+8)
- random monster types on map (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848165193?page=5#85 ) +1

Itemization:
- redesigning legendaries, making sure that none of them are utterly useless in every conceivable scenario (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847768247 and http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=3#57 ) +1
- add more legendary diversity, more flavor, more incentives to farm +1
- decrease stat randomness of legenaries, making a good roll a lesser gamble; investing a bit more effort in custom designing them for specific purposes and builds +1
- allow legendaries to drop 4 difficulty appropriate versions of themselves, one for each difficulty setting +1
- add more gem types +1
- add a gem mine event (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=1#10 ) +1
- add gems as possible quest rewards +1
- add gem shrines with very low chance to drop even high tier gems +1
- consider integrating something akin to the D2 runic and runeword system +1
- ability to dye legendaries +1
- rainbow effect dye available in Whimsyshire +1

Crafting:
- item socketing +1
- item attribute incrementation +1
- legendary item rerolling +1
- identify all items +1
- introduction of Mystic, possibly covering the roles above +1

Auction House:
- option to have items that you can't afford remain hidden from view in the suggestions and search menu +1
- option to filter items with and without buyout price +1
- ability to specify DPS range in which to search +1
- introduction of commas, dots, space or other separator after each 3 digits in the item selling window +1
- showing the final bid amount/selling price for a lost bid instead of 0 +1

- buyer may offer a smaller amount than the buyout price; the seller may accept it, thus ending the auction even before the timer runs out (see http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933916053 ) +1
- when you mouse over an item in the AH, you see not just the attribute comparison of that item and what you are wearing in the respective slot, but also the Life/Damage/Protection difference between the two, like you would with any item in-game +1
- being able to filter legendaries by attributes that normally don't spawn on that item type +1
- prevent the input limit reached message and subsequent forced logoff when browsing the AH history +1
- add a vendor function to right click, so you can easily sell junk items from the AH, without having to remember them and go sell them in-game +1
- let us sell stuff also from followers inventory in AH +1
- add AH functionality to profile in webgui, as in WoW. Read only mode for free, read-write for some fee +1

Followers:
- paragon levels for followers +1
- add to them multiple item slots +1
- option to mute them +1

Gameplay:
- prevent disconnecting from server when AFK in a solo game +1
- button to lock the equipped gear so you don't sell it by mistake +1
- when something is changed in options the option "Enable Monster Power Selection" is automatically turned off; this issue needs to be addressed +1
- fix destruction effect for Lantern Oil barrels and adjacent objects in Keep Depths act3 (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=1#4 ) +1
- adding at least one endless dungeon +1
- Private chat channels like in Starcraft II +1

- making the profile pages update the moment or minutes after you log out of the game, not hours later +1
- optional notification system for when someone comments on your thread, quotes or mentions you by battletag +1
- ability to leave comments on one's character profile +1
- ability to see the achievements on the profile page +1
- displaying the in-game banner on the user profile +1
Reply Quote
Hi,
Look at these suggestions, that are really well seen by posters in the original thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7253855835?page=1
Edited by Rootsmann#2838 on 29/11/2012 12:29 GMT
Reply Quote
1.Too many skills and runes are inferior to others.

Too many skills lack the "wow" factor. It's time to buff them. Hard. Very hard.
I'm talking Stomp that pulls the entire screen of monsters. I'm talking demoralizing cry that makes every monster do 90% less dmg. I'm talking Call of the Ancients adds who follow you permanently, not for 20 seconds.

Skills can't just be buffed a bit like they were in the previous patch. Skills need to be so bloody good, players will be torn between using them. It should be a heartbreaking choice between giving up one godlike skill for another.

Regardless of difficulty (MP), the player should feel like a GOD, not some puny mortal stomping 3 spiders.

You know who feels like a god right now? WW/Tornado/Perma WOTB barb. It's time to make every skill so good, it will make the players feel like a god. Of death.

2. Too many items are instantly inferior to others.
Worst offenders here are helms and weapons. Sockets make or break helms and weapons.
I don't know how to easily fix this without going into Expansion territory, but it needs to be done.
One suggestion: allow jeweler to add a socket to a piece of gear in exchange for one of the mods. Another suggestion: allow adding "small" sockets, which only allow Perfect Stars in. 10% isn't such a big difference.
Give players more choices in selecting their gear, don't pidgeonhole them into a single gear setup.

Oh and buff weapon Gems. Emeralds are insanely overpowered compared to others. Topaz could become a new defensive gem, with for example 300 AR. 300AR or 100% Crit dmg - that'll make people think. Rubies needs to be buffed 10-20x in order to become as viable as emerald in terms of dmg. Perhaps even make rubies add IAs or Crit.

Lastly, too many legendaries are best in slot now. The only rares worth IDing right now, IMO, are the amulets and 1h weapons. These can potentially sell for a ton. For all other slots, there are far better legendaries.
e.g. Shoulders = Vile Ward, Boots = ik/zuni, helm = mempo/ik, etc.

Solution: greatly buff the range of rare stats, such that there is a small chance they are actually a bit better than legendary. The cost of this is being lucky enough to find such a rare, and also spending time IDing all of them. TLDR: top rare is better than legendary, but is also more "rare" than legendary.

Finally, please do something about the 2handers situation. They are still awful. The only 2h weapon worth using is Skorn.

3. Too many legendaries still lack the "wow" factor and don't allow to build around them
I mean, cmon, Tasker and Theo's? Ice Climbers are hot, but they are just stats. I love minmaxing, but honestly, the only time I felt excited was when I got the 5 piece bonus of IK and saw that my rage no longer degenerates.

Blizzard, you've got to go back to D2X on this. Look at how gamechanging some legendaries were (despite not being all that powerful stat-wise). No suggestions here, because it's just something to work through.

4. The legendary drop rate is fine, but the feeling of it isn't.
The dry streaks between legendaries are murder. Players who aren't 90+ Paragon won't understand this, probably, but it's absolutely morale-demolishing to experience this at max MF. In the long run, the drop rates are fine, so we can't just ask to buff them.

Solution? Leave 60+ legendary drop rate where it's at. But also allow below-60 legendaries to drop as well. The emotional beauty of D2 drops was that top uniques were very few and you'd spend years hunting for a zod. But compensating for that was RAIN of colorful loot. Yes, most of it was Sigon and isenhart breastplates, but that excited players. It inspired them to start new charaters using this low-level loot. It gave morale. Next time a legendary helm drops, I'll get excited wondering if it's mempo. If I have to wait a day or two for another legendary helm, I'll probably shoot myself. But if I get another one within the next 30min and it turns out to be some lvl 20 helm, I'll still retain that thrill of the hunt.

5. Speaking of low level legendaries...
Buff em. Buff em hard. Think Leoric's Signet. Crap stats, people use it. How about a lvl 30 helm that adds 50% movement speed and has 0 stats. How about a shield that generates 1% MF per second up to 200% above the cap?

Get people excited about lower level legendaries. Otherwise, noone even cares about them.

6. Add an official ladder scoreboard and make it sortable by various factors.

Take a look at diabloprogress. Why not do the same officially? Competition inspires action. Go beyond paragon level. How about # of Inferno MP10 elite kills? # of legendary drops? Doesn't take much.

7. Balance out the acts in farming power

Why is Alkaizer run so popular? Because everything else is so bad in comparison! What's the main fun of Diablo games? Decimating humongous crowds of monsters. Solution is simple: make every area as good for farming as Alkaizer areas.

8. Promote options in farming

Right now, best way to farm is 10 min alkaizer run. That's cool. But what if I don't feel like doing that and only want to kill Azmodan in 120 seconds? i'll get crap. I should be able to get a little less loot in 5 Azmodans than in an average 10min Alk run. That's called options. Go beyond that. What if I want to spend an hour to clear full act and kill Azmodan with a stack of 30 NV? I should get, maybe, an almost guaranteed legendary?

The time investment per run should promise more statistical loot, but the difference should not be as large as it is right now. Right now, if you run 2min Azmo, you're going to get crap. If you run 1 hour act clear you will also get crap comparing to 10min efficient area clear. Let's balance that.

Oh, and open up the acts, please. Also, don't despawn bosses if the selected quest is further than the boss.

Give us reasons to kill bosses. How about Maghda sometimes drops top gems? Or Siegebreaker sometimes drops a material required for socketing. Or Diablo drops guaranteed lvl 63 legendary at 50 NV?

9. Add a non-ring reward for Uber-ubers.

I'm talking something as powerful as D2 ubers, something that doesn't take a ring slot (hint, hellfire rings aren't that good if you don't need the 35% exp bonus. A trifecta stat ring bought on AH is far better and easier to get).

So how about, 4th portal, with ubers that make people poop the pants. Those who actually manage to do it, get a non-slot reward, something as powerful as D2 charms that really has no substitute?

10. Crafting.

It's horrible, and useless. You know it, I know it, we all know it. Let's fix it.

Hardcore-related suggestions

1. Make us fear for our life again.
Right now, top level characters have almost no way to die except by DC.
In d2, there were scary places/monsters that made even top players fear for their lives.
Add those places/monsters in, add in rewards for fighting those monsters, thanks.

2. Do something about DCs, please, please, please. If something is going to destroy the HC community, it's the DCs
The best, non-exploitable solution is auto pause upon lack of communication between client and server.
This cannot be exploited in a bad situation, this won't work 100% of the time, and it's the best solution we can get. Please consider it.

3. Allow sparring modes as well to-death modes in HC PVP.
I guarantee that almost noone will risk their 200 hour+ character in PVP if it's to death only. Back in D2, people carefully sparred with shields on and insta-quit if their health got low. I think in HC, there should be an option, where the loser just goes on their knees and begs for mercy (and perhaps drops a bit of gold to bargain for their life). There should also be a to-the-death mode for those who want to put it all on the line. Another option is that the winner cuts off the loser's ear in the sparring mode. You can lose max of 2 ears, after which you have to pay large sums of gold or gear for your life.

As always, options are great.

Subjective suggestions I feel would make the game better
1. Add in game-naming system for public games, like in D2
2. Add in D2-like visual channels for people to hang out and show off their profiles/characters
3. Open up the PK mode, like in D2. Allow players to create public games with PK option unchecked (and make PKing disabled by default), if they do not wish to deal with PKs.
4. Increase player limit to 8 or even 10 players.
5. Don't force players into a party.
6. Allow players to gain bonus exp if they are not grouped in a multiplayer game (like in D2)
7. Provide incentives for starting new characters. Hellforge, bonus items on first boss kills, imbue, socketing, etc, did wonders to give incentives for players to roll new characters.
Reply Quote
How about a list of public games available to join (like in d2) only more organized and searchable so you can actually select which game to join...

When you make a public game you can name it too... (e.g. Making_Act3_Full_Farm_Run)

+1 to the mp levels in pub game and

+1 to level limits etc to public games
Reply Quote
Pluses! +1

- Each additional party member increases max number of NV stack by 1, hence a 4 ppl party can have up to 7 NV
- paragon levels provide a small increment to pickup radius, possibly 1 or 2 for every 10 levels gained
- add an influence of the paragon lvls of your other characters to the lvl60 character you're playing atm in order to encourage playing other classes. This can be in the form of pickup radius, increased exp/MF/GF rate

- ability to buy moar stash tabs

- steeper damage curve, making MP10 foes provide the ultimate challenge/gear check for the absolute best players
- slightly leaner HP curve, making MP10 challenges less repetitive, time consuming and boring
- steeper progression of bonus EXP in order to encourage higher MP farming

- give to the sellers outside town (those we meet sometimes) at least a slight chance of selling 63 lvl rare or why not legendary or set also

- redesigning legendaries, making sure that none of them are utterly useless in every conceivable scenario
- add more legendary diversity, more flavor, more incentives to farm
- decrease stat randomness of legenaries, making a good roll a lesser gamble; investing a bit more effort in custom designing them for specific purposes and builds

- consider gem synergies, or other small incentives to use certain gem combinations in multiple socket items (very nice!)

- All monsters and players now move 15% faster, increasing the overall pace of the game

- item socketing
- item attribute incrementation
- legendary item rerolling
- identify all items
- introduction of Mystic, possibly covering the roles above
- limit amount of modifications that you ca do per item and make it account bound afterwards
- allow specifying the primary stat that the item will be rolling with, akin to the hellfire ring

- salvaging hellfire rings has 100% chance at a random organ
- 3 hellfire rings can be crafted into a new hellfire ring

- introduction of commas, dots, space or other separator after each 3 digits in the item selling window
- buyer may offer a smaller amount than the buyout price; the seller may accept it, thus ending the auction even before the timer runs out
- ability to link items from AH history to the chat
- ability to access AH in game, possibly after talking to a special vendor, or by clicking on a special GUI element like the achievements button
- when you mouse over an item in the AH, you see not just the attribute comparison of that item and what you are wearing in the respective slot, but also the Life/Damage/Protection difference between the two, like you would with any item in-game
- add a vendor function to right click, so you can easily sell junk items from the AH, without having to remember them and go sell them in-game
- make it so players can pick and move items in their stash in AH like they can do in the game

- option for map to remain displayed after you press a key, or to disappear once the key is unpressed (like the effect of alt over drops in D2), or some other way to make it not interrupt gameplay
- prevent disconnecting from server when AFK in a solo game
- button to lock the equipped gear so you don't sell it by mistake
- 2 sets of weapons like in D2
- more visible buff icons, changed look of fading off buffs
- give banners in general a more prominent role
- adding at least one endless dungeon

- making the profile pages update the moment or minutes after you log out of the game, not hours later
- optional notification system for when someone comments on your thread, quotes or mentions you by battletag

Minuses! -1
- ability to leave comments on one's character profile

- increase base pickup radius to 1 or 2 (I like to leave health globes for later)
- reflect damage mobs have an aura, or are otherwise easily distinguishable and have a reduced spawning rate (they should be hard! maybe the aura)
- introduce higher level/paragon requirements for BiS legendaries
- taking sockets and gems into account when computing stats
- a "call out" time for bids lasting a few seconds or minutes; if someone raises the bid during the call out, the auction time is extended, if not the auction ends
- replace current auction system with Sealed first-price auction: In this type of auction all bidders simultaneously submit sealed bids so that no bidder knows the bid of any other participant. The highest bidder pays the price they submitted.
Reply Quote
Great thread. Here's my list:

Public Games:
- introduction of MP system (+1)
- Each additional party member increases max number of NV stack by 1, hence a 4 ppl party can have up to 7 NV (+1)
- option to lessen or hide altogether the graphical effects from ally abilities (+1)

Character:
- paragon levels provide a small increment to pickup radius, possibly 1 or 2 for every 10 levels gained (+1)
- unlocking 10 levels grants a small extra benefit, along with the upgraded avatar (+1)
- increase base pickup radius to 1 or 2 (+1)
- add an influence of the paragon lvls of your other characters to the lvl60 character you're playing atm in order to encourage playing other classes. This can be in the form of pickup radius, increased exp/MF/GF rate (+1)
- button to automatically sort your items (+1)
- ability to buy moar stash tabs (+1)
- death is too lenient; experience penalties should be taken into consideration (-1)
- Each hero on an account benefits from GF & MF of the highest paragon level character on that account, but not the stat increase (+1)
- Since level ~77 is halfway to paragon journey 1-100, each PL from 75 grants twice the stat increase making the grind more rewarding. (6 primary stat, 4 vit etc.) (+1)
- Players can now auto pick up tome of secrets, health potions and gems (+1)

Monsters:
- reflect damage mobs have an aura, or are otherwise easily distinguishable and have a reduced spawning rate (+1)
- steeper damage curve, making MP10 foes provide the ultimate challenge/gear check for the absolute best players (+1)
- slightly leaner HP curve, making MP10 challenges less repetitive, time consuming and boring (+1)
- steeper progression of bonus EXP in order to encourage higher MP farming (+1)
- random boss encounters should provide a greater challenge and reward than any other conceivable random elite encounter (+1)
- a new monster power level where the packs have all the possible affixes at the same time (+1)
- more monster affixes (+1)
- bring back invulnerable minions, at least on the higher MP levels (-1)
- powerful uber minions for higher mp levels (+1)
- Reflect Damage affix now has some sort of diminishing return, so that high DPS characters will still struggle hard but not punished this bad (+1)

Vendors:
- give to the sellers outside town (those we meet sometimes) at least a slight chance of selling 63 lvl rare or why not legendary or set also (+1)

Itemization:
- redesigning legendaries, making sure that none of them are utterly useless in every conceivable scenario (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847768247 and http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=3#57 ) (+1)
- add more legendary diversity, more flavor, more incentives to farm (+1)
- decrease stat randomness of legenaries, making a good roll a lesser gamble; investing a bit more effort in custom designing them for specific purposes and builds (+1)
- add more gem types (+1)
- add a gem mine event (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=1#10 ) (+1)
- add gem shrines with very low chance to drop even high tier gems (+1)
- consider gem synergies, or other small incentives to use certain gem combinations in multiple socket items (+1)
- ability to dye legendaries (+1)
- introducing more skins for the same gear type (+1)
- Re-work Tal Rasha Set bonus (+1)
- Hellfire rings now roll 5 properties instead of 4 (+1)
- Monster population for each map is increased by 25% (including elite packs) (+1)

Crafting:
- item socketing (+1)
- item attribute incrementation (+1)
- identify all items (+1)
- introduction of Mystic, possibly covering the roles above (+1)
- limit amount of modifications that you ca do per item and make it account bound afterwards (+1)
- allow specifying the primary stat that the item will be rolling with, akin to the hellfire ring (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848165193?page=1#18 ) (+1)
- salvaging hellfire rings has 100% chance at a random organ (+1)
- 3 hellfire rings can be crafted into a new hellfire ring (+1)
- Let people craft stuff with ilvl 63 affixes (+1)
- ability to craft more than one item of a certain type with a single click, provided you have the necessary resources (+1)

Auction House:
- option to have items that you can't afford remain hidden from view in the suggestions and search menu (+1)
- ability to specify DPS range in which to search (+1)
- introduction of commas, dots, space or other separator after each 3 digits in the item selling window (+1)
- showing the final bid amount/selling price for a lost bid instead of 0 (+1)
- ability to access AH in game, possibly after talking to a special vendor, or by clicking on a special GUI element like the achievements button (+1)
- when you mouse over an item in the AH, you see not just the attribute comparison of that item and what you are wearing in the respective slot, but also the Life/Damage/Protection difference between the two, like you would with any item in-game (+1)
- showing which jeweler and blacksmith recipes are already known (+1)
- being able to filter legendaries by attributes that normally don't spawn on that item type (+1)
- dynamic filter list; i.e. restricting the filter list only to attributes that are actually present on at least one of the items in the search result list (+1)
- ability to order search list by bid (+1)
- favorites/bookmark system, i.e. ability to keep track of items that you are interested in without having to actually bid on them (+1)
- auto-refreshing prices on AH, just like the timers (+1)
- add a vendor function to right click, so you can easily sell junk items from the AH, without having to remember them and go sell them in-game (+1)
- make it so players can pick and move items in their stash in AH like they can do in the game (+1)
- fix search for similar items so that it automatically fills in the stats of legendaries, not just their name (+1)

Gameplay:
- button to lock the equipped gear so you don't sell it by mistake (+1)
- 2 sets of weapons like in D2 (+1)
- more visible buff icons, changed look of fading off buffs (+1)
- when something is changed in options the option "Enable Monster Power Selection" is automatically turned off; this issue needs to be addressed (+1)
Reply Quote
Wow, a blue posts something and the thread is finally taken seriously. Congratz Nihilus!
Edited by Schetenei#2934 on 29/11/2012 16:32 GMT
Reply Quote
This is a seriously good thread. Blizz I really hope you take a serious look at these ideas! I know you cant do them all, but even just a few would improve the game no end :)
Reply Quote
"Classes:
- Barbarian passive - Weapon Master - the bonus for Mighty Weapons needs to be redesigned (+1)"

+1. Mighty Weapons are completely garbage, i feel forced to use Axe/Mace cause of the huge DPS bonus and the small 3 fury per hit that Mighty Weapons gives is not noticeable at all especially not for whirlwind builds.
Reply Quote
+1 to all of these.

Public Games:
- introduction of MP system (+15)

Character:
- besides a shared stash, add a private stash (+11)
- ability to buy moar stash tabs (+10)
- death is too lenient; experience penalties should be taken into consideration (+10)

Monsters:
- random boss encounters should provide a greater challenge and reward than any other conceivable random elite encounter (+14)

Vendors:
- give to the sellers outside town (those we meet sometimes) at least a slight chance of selling 63 lvl rare or why not legendary or set also (+9)

Itemization:
- redesigning legendaries, making sure that none of them are utterly useless in every conceivable scenario (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847768247 and http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=3#57 ) (+13)
- add more legendary diversity, more flavor, more incentives to farm (+13)
- decrease stat randomness of legenaries, making a good roll a lesser gamble; investing a bit more effort in custom designing them for specific purposes and builds (+13)
- add more gem types (+11)
- Monster population for each map is increased by 25% (including elite packs) (+8)

Crafting:
- item socketing (+15)
- ability to craft more than one item of a certain type with a single click, provided you have the necessary resources (+2)
Reply Quote
Great thread, here are my votes, with some explanation:

Public Games:
- introduction of MP system (+1)
the "lobby" system of Diablo 2 could work very well here, it'd be better than what we have currently anyway
- Introduction of public rooms that not only can specify MP lvl, but also can set minimum requirements such as paragon lvl, no AH players only, etc (+1)
"no AH players" is just elitist and quite frankly, dumb, but other than that, the idea is good - we should also have the ability to give a custom name to our room
- Each additional party member increases max number of NV stack by 1, hence a 4 ppl party can have up to 7 NV (-1)
meh, the NV system is pretty much perfect as is; however, I'd love some other way of adding incentives to play in a party
- option to lessen or hide altogether the graphical effects from ally abilities (+1)
as long as it's an option, though personally I would not use it

Character:
- paragon levels provide a small increment to pickup radius, possibly 1 or 2 for every 10 levels gained (-1)
would make "increased pickup radius" completely useless, right now I'm actually looking for it on a single piece of gear, which is fine - it gives it some minor worth, if you could get 2-3 pickup radius super easily by leveling to paragon 20-30, the stat would be completely worthless
- unlocking 10 levels grants a small extra benefit, along with the upgraded avatar (-1)
the benefits are HUGE already, you pretty much cannot farm EFFICIENTLY if you are not paragon ~80 now - and not everyone likes grinding exp. By "efficiently" I mean "effectively increasing your wealth compared to other players".
- increase base pickup radius to 1 or 2 (+1)
Just 1 is fine. 2 is not (see above).
- add an influence of the paragon lvls of your other characters to the lvl60 character you're playing atm in order to encourage playing other classes. This can be in the form of pickup radius, increased exp/MF/GF rate (+1)
Very good idea, I personally hate leveling, and that's the only reason I won't try a new class any time soon.
- button to automatically sort your items (-1)
It takes ~0.5 seconds to sort your items, and at least a week to implement it (no kidding, it seems to be extremely simple, but it needs: programming, UI changes, testing...) So... I'd rather have something else done with that development time.
- button to link your stash to your other characters while in-game for the purpose of comparing items (-1)
See above, could only be useful if you actually find an upgrade from drops, which is impossible anyway /sarcasm.
- besides a shared stash, add a private stash (-1)
Why? It would be much, much better to just have more storage space in your shared stash. Then, if you want to keep your items organized, just use different tabs for different characters.
- ability to buy moar stash tabs (+1)
YES. I honestly don't know why isn't it already in game.
- death is too lenient; experience penalties should be taken into consideration (-1)
Why? Having to run back from the checkpoint is already a big penalty. I *really* can't see why death "should" be a big deal in games anyway... Death penalties had more sense when "zerging" elites seemed to be a viable strategy, but now nobody is doing this anymore.
- Each hero on an account benefits from GF & MF of the highest paragon level character on that account, but not the stat increase (+1)
Very good. MF/GF is what really matters anyway, and players who like leveling would still strive to perfect their characters with those additional stats.
- Since level ~77 is halfway to paragon journey 1-100, each PL from 75 grants twice the stat increase making the grind more rewarding. (6 primary stat, 4 vit etc.) (-1)
No. I hate leveling. I want to play, not grind exp hoping that one day I will be able to play.
- every 10 paragon levels or so you gain a small amount of resistance to CC and reflect damage (-1)
See above.
- Players can now auto pick up tome of secrets, health potions and gems (+1)
Very good, I skip them now, not worth the time to stop and pick them.

Monsters:
- reflect damage mobs have an aura, or are otherwise easily distinguishable and have a reduced spawning rate (-1)
YES to aura, BIG NO to reduced spawning rate. It's pretty much the only monster affix right now that forces the player to have some form of damage mitigation. Literally everything else can be countered by having more DPS, which is a shallow and boring way to build characters.
- steeper damage curve, making MP10 foes provide the ultimate challenge/gear check for the absolute best players (+1)
Yes, by introducing more monster abilities (fifth affix on elites? improved versions of monster affixes?) rather than by upping damage of normal hits -> boring.
- slightly leaner HP curve, making MP10 challenges less repetitive, time consuming and boring (+1)
Yes please, but only if combined with the above.
- steeper progression of bonus EXP in order to encourage higher MP farming (+1)
Yes, could make leveling more interesting. It's a shame that currently the best way to play this game is to pick a difficulty where you one-shot everything and don't ever have to stop in place.
- random boss encounters should provide a greater challenge and reward than any other conceivable random elite encounter (-1)
No, I prefer the randomness of elite monsters over the static affixes on random bosses
- a new monster power level where the packs have all the possible affixes at the same time (-1)
No, way too messy. 1 or 2 additional affixes would be cool, though.
- more monster affixes (+1)
100 TIMES THIS! There are so few options right now, and so many unexplored possibilites... It's almost like they spend max 3 hours to come up with the affixes, even though it's a pretty major feature of the game.
- bring back invulnerable minions, at least on the higher MP levels (+1)
Absolutely, I loved Invulnerable Minions. Too many noobs with 0 dmg mitigation to make it happen, though.
- powerful uber minions for higher mp levels (?)
Really depends on how this would work.
- random monster types on map (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848165193?page=5#85 ) (-1)
No, or at least, make it a *really* rare encounter. I like the current "themes" of various maps.
- Reflect Damage affix now has some sort of diminishing return, so that high DPS characters will still struggle hard but not punished this bad (-1)
No, for the reasons stated above.

Vendors:
- give to the sellers outside town (those we meet sometimes) at least a slight chance of selling 63 lvl rare or why not legendary or set also (-1)
WAAAYYY too easy to abuse (they always spawn in the same location).
Reply Quote
Itemization:
- redesigning legendaries, making sure that none of them are utterly useless in every conceivable scenario (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847768247 and http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=3#57 ) (+1)
Sure, always a good idea to have more options when gearing.
- add more legendary diversity, more flavor, more incentives to farm (+1)
Same as above...
- decrease stat randomness of legenaries, making a good roll a lesser gamble; investing a bit more effort in custom designing them for specific purposes and builds (-1)
Absolutely NOT. The current iteration of items such as for example The Witching Hour or Inna's pants is perfect - you get a godly item if you are lucky, or a decent/mediocre, but still sellable item if you're not as lucky. Of course, there are some Legendaries that need to be redesigned, but that's already been covered above.
- allow legendaries to drop 4 difficulty appropriate versions of themselves, one for each difficulty setting (+1)
Very good suggestion, right now some Legendaries are almost a wasted development time, because noone is spending much time on lower levels anyway.
- add more gem types (+1)
Cool. Variety is good.
- add a gem mine event (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=1#10 ) (-1)
Gem-only reward is boring. Better spend that development time on other things.
- add gems as possible quest rewards (-1)
Can't see how this would improve anything.
- add gem shrines with very low chance to drop even high tier gems (+1)
Some kind of gem shrines could be OK. Maybe a shrine that gives you a chance to loot higher tier gems from elites, instead of making it an "instant" effect.
- increase maximum socket count for items (-1)
The entire UI would have to be redesigned for chest armors. And weapons don't really need more sockets.
- consider gem synergies, or other small incentives to use certain gem combinations in multiple socket items (-1)
Would only really work on chest armors...
- MP no longer gives straight Magic Find to the character. Instead, the items recieve a small bonus per MP level to all their rolls. Notice that this means that high MP has a chance to generate items with rolls that are impossible to achieve al lower MP levels (-1)
This would screw new/less lucky/non-RMAH players even more. They would never be able to find anything useful on lower MP, and they won't get to high MP without items...
- consider integrating something akin to the D2 runic and runeword system (+1)
Absolutely, it was one of the coolest features in D2.
- ability to dye legendaries (-1)
- rainbow effect dye available in Whimsyshire (-1)
- introducing more skins for the same gear type (-1)
- by the look of things right now, Shenlong has two right hands; unless this is "working as intended", please fix it (-1)
All four: a lot of wasted development time. This simply means that we would get less stuff in some other areas.
- Re-work Tal Rasha Set bonus (+1)
Good suggestion. However, it's pretty much the same as the "rework legendaries" above.
- Hellfire rings now roll 5 properties instead of 4 (-1)
NO. Hellfire rings can already be BiS, no reason to make them much better than any possible rare or legendary.
- Monster population for each map is increased by 25% (including elite packs) (+1)
Yes, but this should be done on a case-by-case basis. The density of monsters is enough in any of the areas from the Alkaisers route, for example. However, density in other areas should be buffed to make it competitive in terms of farming efficiency.
- All monsters and players now move 15% faster, increasing the overall pace of the game (+1)
Very cool suggestion... for an expansion. The reason is, that it would also require a MASSIVE overhaul of skills (cooldowns, effects) and monster affixes/mechanics. Too much work to make it viable for Blizzard... but for an expansion, very nice.
- introduce higher level/paragon requirements for BiS legendaries (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=3#58 ) (-1)
No. Leveling is too powerful anyway.

Crafting:
- item socketing (-1)
I'm fine with having sockets basically as an affix.
- item attribute incrementation (+1)
Some form of this would be nice, perhaps instead of incrementation, make it a re-roll of a certain stat, so that you have a chance to get a better bonus, or a lower one, adding a risk factor.
- legendary item rerolling (+1)
As long as the price is balanced, absolutely.
- identify all items (+1)
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 THIS. I can't even imagine what the devs were thinking when introducing that ridiculous wait timer for every single crappy item you got... SO BORING. Why would a game EVER be INTENTIONALLY BORING?!
- introduction of Mystic, possibly covering the roles above (+1)
Probably will happen in the first expansion pack...
- limit amount of modifications that you ca do per item and make it account bound afterwards (-1)
Depends on how this would be implemented, but really, there are better ways of fixing the economy.
- allow specifying the primary stat that the item will be rolling with, akin to the hellfire ring (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848165193?page=1#18 ) (+1)
Personally I don't mind +200 str wands and +180 int fist weapons, that's part of Diablo... But I can see how this is frustrating for some.
- salvaging hellfire rings has 100% chance at a random organ (-1)
No, just farm more. Maybe a Brimstone at most.
- 3 hellfire rings can be crafted into a new hellfire ring (-1)
No, kill more ubers instead.
- Let people craft stuff with ilvl 63 affixes (+1)
Sure, no reason not to now, that all the items have an effective iLVL 63 anyway.
- ability to craft more than one item of a certain type with a single click, provided you have the necessary resources (+1)
Sure, it's really the same as identifying.

Wow that is a long list! I'll post the rest later...
Reply Quote
Public Games:
- introduction of MP system (+15)
- Introduction of public rooms that not only can specify MP lvl, but also can set minimum requirements such as paragon lvl, no AH players only, etc (+13)
- Each additional party member increases max number of NV stack by 1, hence a 4 ppl party can have up to 7 NV (+6)
+1

Character:
- paragon levels provide a small increment to pickup radius, possibly 1 or 2 for every 10 levels gained (+12)
- unlocking 10 levels grants a small extra benefit, along with the upgraded avatar (+13)
- increase base pickup radius to 1 or 2 (+17)
- add an influence of the paragon lvls of your other characters to the lvl60 character you're playing atm in order to encourage playing other classes. This can be in the form of pickup radius, increased exp/MF/GF rate (+11)
- button to automatically sort your items (+14)
- besides a shared stash, add a private stash (+11)
- ability to buy moar stash tabs (+10)
- death is too lenient; experience penalties should be taken into consideration (+10) -1
- Each hero on an account benefits from GF & MF of the highest paragon level character on that account, but not the stat increase (+5)
- Since level ~77 is halfway to paragon journey 1-100, each PL from 75 grants twice the stat increase making the grind more rewarding. (6 primary stat, 4 vit etc.) (+6)
- every 10 paragon levels or so you gain a small amount of resistance to CC and reflect damage (+6)
- Players can now auto pick up tome of secrets, health potions and gems (+8)

Monsters:
- reflect damage mobs have an aura,
- steeper damage curve, making MP10 foes provide the ultimate challenge/gear check for the absolute best players (+14)
- steeper progression of bonus EXP in order to encourage higher MP farming (+16)
- random boss encounters should provide a greater challenge and reward than any other conceivable random elite encounter (+14)
- a new monster power level where the packs have all the possible affixes at the same time (+2)
- more monster affixes (+9)
- powerful uber minions for higher mp levels (+8)
- random monster types on map (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848165193?page=5#85 ) (+6)

Vendors:
- give to the sellers outside town (those we meet sometimes) at least a slight chance of selling 63 lvl rare or why not legendary or set also (+9)

Itemization:
- redesigning legendaries, making sure that none of them are utterly useless in every conceivable scenario (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847768247 and http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=3#57 ) (+13)
- add more legendary diversity, more flavor, more incentives to farm (+13)
- decrease stat randomness of legenaries, making a good roll a lesser gamble; investing a bit more effort in custom designing them for specific purposes and builds (+13)
- allow legendaries to drop 4 difficulty appropriate versions of themselves, one for each difficulty setting (+9)
- add more gem types (+11)
- add a gem mine event (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=1#10 ) (+5)
- add gems as possible quest rewards (+4)
- add gem shrines with very low chance to drop even high tier gems (+3)
- increase maximum socket count for items (+9)
- consider gem synergies, or other small incentives to use certain gem combinations in multiple socket items (+11)
- MP no longer gives straight Magic Find to the character. Instead, the items recieve a small bonus per MP level to all their rolls. Notice that this means that high MP has a chance to generate items with rolls that are impossible to achieve al lower MP levels (+7)
- consider integrating something akin to the D2 runic and runeword system (+8)
- ability to dye legendaries (+11)
- rainbow effect dye available in Whimsyshire (+7)
- introducing more skins for the same gear type (+8)
- Re-work Tal Rasha Set bonus (+9)
- Hellfire rings now roll 5 properties instead of 4 (+8)
- Monster population for each map is increased by 25% (including elite packs) (+8)
- All monsters and players now move 15% faster, increasing the overall pace of the game (+8)
- by the look of things right now, Shenlong has two right hands; unless this is "working as intended", please fix it (+6)
- introduce higher level/paragon requirements for BiS legendaries (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=3#58 ) (+1)

Crafting:
- item socketing (+15)
- item attribute incrementation (+18)
- legendary item rerolling (+10)
- identify all items (+18)
- introduction of Mystic, possibly covering the roles above (+17)
- limit amount of modifications that you ca do per item and make it account bound afterwards (+13)
- allow specifying the primary stat that the item will be rolling with, akin to the hellfire ring (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848165193?page=1#18 ) (+11)
- 3 hellfire rings can be crafted into a new hellfire ring (+3)
- Let people craft stuff with ilvl 63 affixes (+8)
- ability to craft more than one item of a certain type with a single click, provided you have the necessary resources (+2)

+1 to above only
Reply Quote
1. In my opinion the most urgent matter is to add more legendaries and set items. It is annyoing that everybody running with the same sets or items because there isnt many of them.
Plus lots of legendaries are totally useless.

2. It would be great if there would be a similar system like in Borderlands 2: You kill X zombies you get a stat improvement. It can be great fun.

3. And last but no least the banner system should be upgraded too. Since archievements are totally useless it would spice thins up a bit with stats improvement. You customise your banner and each customization add a different stat change.

Dear, Blizzard. I like this game a lot but if you dont add significant changes to this game the game will die out and it would be very sad. This game would be so awesome if you add more changes to this game. You have to be aware of that.
Reply Quote
+1, great work.

I would add this: skill bonuses on items are very lackluster and way too limited. Most slots should be able to roll a skill bonus, and the skill bonuses should be varied instead of a single possible bonus for a skill.
edit: just to stress. tal rasha's set bonus is horrible.
Edited by Deneb#2111 on 01/12/2012 15:01 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]