Man! You're doing a LEGENDARY job here!
Ok, 2nd part of my points, later I'll answer everything that you've added in the meantime:
- option to have items that you can't afford remain hidden from view in the suggestions and search menu (+1)Should be easy to implement and actually useful.
- option to filter items with and without buyout price (+1)See above.
- taking sockets and gems into account when computing stats (+1)This was actually in the game at the beginning, but it was "fixed" in the patch that improved AH. I'd say, there probably should be an OPTION to include gems or not, but Blizzard prefers the "one size fits all" mentality, so it probably won't happen.
- ability to specify DPS range in which to search (+1)Never had a problem with this... but it should be easy to implement, and it's always good to improve the UI.
- introduction of commas, dots, space or other separator after each 3 digits in the item selling window (+1)BIG YES. The current design is simply unacceptable, horrible and mindless. Personally I'd prefer spaces as separators.
- showing the final bid amount/selling price for a lost bid instead of 0 (+1)Sure, there is no reason to display a "0" anyway. And it would help people to get a better idea about the prices.
- a "call out" time for bids lasting a few seconds or minutes; if someone raises the bid during the call out, the auction time is extended, if not the auction ends (+1)YES. While I *do* snipe auctions (with a stopwatch), I do this because it's the only way of winning the "hot" items. I'd rather just pay...
- replace current auction system with Sealed first-price auction: In this type of auction all bidders simultaneously submit sealed bids so that no bidder knows the bid of any other participant. The highest bidder pays the price they submitted. (-1)Terrible idea IMO. If this gets implemented, I'd never post a "bidding" auction again. You'd never be able to get a reasonable price, every single person would underbid, hoping that they'd get lucky and get the item way cheaper than it's worth.
- mark items that have gone through trades or AH (-1)Why, seriously? Unnecessary...
- buyer may offer a smaller amount than the buyout price; the seller may accept it, thus ending the auction even before the timer runs out (see http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933916053
) (-1)I'd hate that. When I have a Buyout price, it's SET IN STONE. So, unless there would be an option to NOT accept lower offers, I don't want that.
- notifications display usable links to items instead of just plain text names (+1)Sure, even more, I'd love to have the AH integrated into the game. I don't know why Blizzard is against it.
- ability to link items from AH history to the chat (+1)Cool little improvement, should be easy to implement also.
- ability to access AH in game, possibly after talking to a special vendor, or by clicking on a special GUI element like the achievements button (+1)Sure, but as I already said, Blizzard is really against it for some reason. So, probably not going to happen, even though it's logical.
- when you mouse over an item in the AH, you see not just the attribute comparison of that item and what you are wearing in the respective slot, but also the Life/Damage/Protection difference between the two, like you would with any item in-game (+1)Yes, there's no reason not to have this.
- showing which jeweler and blacksmith recipes are already known (+1)Useful.
- being able to filter legendaries by attributes that normally don't spawn on that item type (+1)Definitely. I tried to find a good SoJ with +Tempest Rush recently, terrible experience.
- dynamic filter list; i.e. restricting the filter list only to attributes that are actually present on at least one of the items in the search result list (+1)Minor, I'd also add the ability to add filters by typing, rather than selecting them from a drop-down list (for example, you start typing Int and press enter and it autofills to Intelligence).
- prevent the input limit reached message and subsequent forced logoff when browsing the AH history (+1)Never had this problem, but if it exists, it should be fixed.
- ability to order search list by bid (+1)Not as helpful as some people might think, but why not.
- favorites/bookmark system, i.e. ability to keep track of items that you are interested in without having to actually bid on them (+1)YES, the fact that you have to bid on an item (risking the fact that your gold will be unavailable for some time, even though you might not even be sure if you want to buy that item) is silly.
- auto-refreshing prices on AH, just like the timers (+1)Perhaps limit this to items that you're observing (if the above feature gets implemented).
- add a vendor function to right click, so you can easily sell junk items from the AH, without having to remember them and go sell them in-game (+1)Very useful. OR just make it possible to access AH from the game, much cleaner solution.
- make it so players can pick and move items in their stash in AH like they can do in the game (-1)Marginally useful, being able to access the AH in-game would solve this anyway.
- let us sell stuff also from followers inventory in AH (+1)Absolutely.
- fix search for similar items so that it automatically fills in the stats of legendaries, not just their name (+1)Sure, right now it appears to be bugged.
- add AH functionality to profile in webgui, as in WoW. Read only mode for free, read-write for some fee (-1)Completely unnecessary. And for a fee, lol? I don't think even a single person would use it.
- option to automatically send gold and/or items (if they fit) to your stash on transaction completion (+1)As long as it's an option, sure.
- paragon levels for followers (-1)I don't see how this would make the game any more interesting. Seems like adding features just for the purpose of adding features. And followers should not be "powerful" anyway.
- add to them an inventory (-1)Please don't! I don't want to manage their inventory, besides, it's quicker and easier to just TP back to town when you are full.
- add to them multiple item slots (-1)It would require a redesign of their power. Also, Blizzard would probably want to add a ton of art to make the gear choices visible -> too much time wasted, so little profit.
- option to mute them (+1)GLORIOUS
- bring back the companion system (-1)It was scrapped for a good reason. It was silly and didn't bring anything to the game.
Everything else from this category is also automatically a -1.
- option for map to remain displayed after you press a key, or to disappear once the key is unpressed (like the effect of alt over drops in D2), or some other way to make it not interrupt gameplay (-1)I'm happy with the map functionality as it is now.
- prevent disconnecting from server when AFK in a solo game (+1)Yes, it's very annoying.
- button to lock the equipped gear so you don't sell it by mistake (+1)Agreed, accidentally unequipping an item is actually easier than some people think, because the process of identifying items is so tedious. Add some lag, misclick and you have a recipe for disaster.
- 2 sets of weapons like in D2 (+1)In general, I agree, BUT! The reason why this was good in D2 was because the weapons had depth. Some of them were good for prebuffs (like the Memory runeword) etc. In D3 the only stats that matter are Crit dmg and DPS anyway, maybe LS. So this would mostly be used as an MF switch with weapons like the Sun Keeper.
- more visible buff icons, changed look of fading off buffs (-1)Visibility is fine, we just need ALL the buffs to be displayed. I don't care about the "artistic direction" that apparently doesn't allow Blizzard to display more than five status effects... Lame.
- option to turn off screen shaking effect (-1)Unnecessary...
- when something is changed in options the option "Enable Monster Power Selection" is automatically turned off; this issue needs to be addressed (+1)It's a known bug, so obviously it will get fixed eventually.
- fix destruction effect for Lantern Oil barrels and adjacent objects in Keep Depths act3 (-1)Extremely minor, waste of development time.
- come up with several other roles for the banner, like initiating duels, or using them as a respawning point (+1)I like the Duels idea, respawning points - not so much.
- adding at least one endless dungeon (+1)Some sort of an endless dungeon, perhaps with separate achievements and some kind of a goal (for example, every X levels you get to kill a miniboss that has a chance of dropping some special items, a bit similiar to how the Hellfire event was added).
- Private chat channels like in Starcraft II (+1)Sure.
- introduction of optional status message next to name in friends menu (+1)Could be useful and is probably not very hard to implement.
- making sure that all elite types spawn and are marked properly for kill (+1)
- properly counting the skeletons that the Skeleton King destroys (+1)= Bugs, obviously they should be fixed.
- think of more rewards for achievements, besides upgrading the banner (-1)BIG NO, achievement SHOULD be useless. It's just for fun, I don't want to be forced to get them. However, there should be more ways of showcasing your achievements, perhaps by putting them in a visible place on your profile.
I don't care about the website really, but everything listed sounds OK.