Diablo® III

Improvements Almanac v2

Guys. Bump this topic. Sticky this topic.

If not, D3 will continue to force players to farm MP0 in order get gear. High MPs should be worth farming. Nowadays everyone runs around A3MP0 like noobs with trash-level gear...
Reply Quote
Add some kind lag/HC protection.
Lost a char (not high lvl but that doesnt really matter) while i was playing solo, because I was timed out... Many ppl have tried that and it just sucks...

One of my goals is to get all the achievements in the game (dont know if I ever will, but its a goal)
The HC ones just sucks if u get wiped by lag...

I dont know how to fix it...some nerds might be better at answering that

I know blizz wants us to online all the time to prevent piracy, but maybe an solution could be log in -> authenticate etc -> log out to play solo only -> u play for maybe 2 hours offline -> log in again to upload ur progress and save on blizz servers.

There may be other and better solutions to this. It would just be a nice feature :)

Great thread btw
Reply Quote
Going to update this thread soon. Thank you so much guys for keeping this vast project alive and feeding it your invaluable input!
Reply Quote
There must be more sets for build diversity. At least 5 to 10 different sets needed for all classes in my oppinion.
Reply Quote
Public Games:
- option to lessen or hide altogether the graphical effects from ally abilities +1

Character:
- paragon levels provide a small increment to pickup radius, possibly 1 or 2 for every 10 levels gained +1
- unlocking 10 levels grants a small extra benefit, along with the upgraded avatar +1
- increase base pickup radius to 1 or 2 +1
- death is too lenient; experience penalties should be taken into consideration +1
- Each hero on an account benefits from GF & MF of the highest paragon level character on that account, but not the stat increase -1
- Since level ~77 is halfway to paragon journey 1-100, each PL from 75 grants twice the stat increase making the grind more rewarding. (6 primary stat, 4 vit etc.) -1
- every 10 paragon levels or so you gain a small amount of resistance to CC and reflect damage +1
- Players can now auto pick up tome of secrets, health potions and gems +1

Monsters:
- steeper damage curve, making MP10 foes provide the ultimate challenge/gear check for the absolute best players -1
- random boss encounters should provide a greater challenge and reward than any other conceivable random elite encounter +1
- a new monster power level where the packs have all the possible affixes at the same time -1
- more monster affixes +1
- bring back invulnerable minions, at least on the higher MP levels -1
- powerful uber minions for higher mp levels -1

Vendors:
- give to the sellers outside town (those we meet sometimes) at least a slight chance of selling 63 lvl rare or why not legendary or set also +1

Itemization:
- adding more legendary diversity, more flavor, more incentives to farm +1
- decreasing stat randomness of legenaries, making a good roll a lesser gamble; investing a bit more effort in custom designing them for specific purposes and builds +1
- allowing legendaries to drop 4 difficulty appropriate versions of themselves, one for each difficulty setting -1
- add more gem types +1
- add a gem mine event +1
- add gems as possible quest rewards +1
- increase maximum socket count for items +1
- MP no longer gives straight Magic Find to the character. Instead, the items recieve a small bonus per MP level to all their rolls. Notice that this means that high MP has a chance to generate items with rolls that are impossible to achieve al lower MP levels -1
- consider integrating something akin to the D2 runic and runeword system -1
- ability to dye legendaries +1
- Re-work Tal Rasha Set bonus +1
- Monster population for each map is increased by 25% (including elite packs) +1
- All monsters and players now move 15% faster, increasing the overall pace of the game +1

Crafting:
- identify all items +1
- limit amount of modifications that you ca do per item and make it account bound afterwards -1
- allow specifying the primary stat that the item will be rolling with, akin to the hellfire ring +1
- salvaging hellfire rings has 100% chance at a random organ +1
- Let people craft stuff with ilvl 63 affixes +1

Auction House:
- ability to link items from AH history to the chat +1
- ability to access AH in game, possibly after talking to a special vendor, or by clicking on a special GUI element like the achievements button +1
- when you mouse over an item in the AH, you see not just the attribute comparison of that item and what you are wearing in the respective slot, but also the Life/Damage/Protection difference between the two, like you would with any item in-game +1
- showing which jeweler and blacksmith recipes are already known +1
- being able to filter legendaries by attributes that normally don't spawn on that item type +1
- fix search for similar items so that it automatically fills in the stats of legendaries, not just their name +1

Companions +1:
- tamed treasure goblins called via scrolls or bought from Mystic -1
- teachable ability to tell them what to pick up (gold, potions, tomes, gems, whites, blues, yellows, etc) -1
- teachable ability to auto-trade certain item type for gold (eg: have them automatically reimburse you for every white they pick up, at a slightly disadvantageous rate, compared to vendors) -1

note: actually, i really love the idea of companions, just not this one in particular.

Gameplay:
- prevent disconnecting from server when AFK in a solo game +1
- 2 sets of weapons like in D2 +1
- more visible buff icons, changed look of fading off buffs +1
- when something is changed in options the option "Enable Monster Power Selection" is automatically turned off; this issue needs to be addressed +1

pd: nice work, agree with most of them.
Edited by Andres#1853 on 20/12/2012 19:20 GMT
Reply Quote
" paragon levels provide a small increment to pickup radius, possibly 1 or 2 for every 10 levels gained"
It takes away the freedom to modify your char for your liking and needs. If you get enough paragon levels, then the pickup radius goes too high and you just might want to keep it smaller in order not to pick up every health globe excisting.
So that would be an ok idea when you get your increments to pickup radius, but could choose from some menu (like the skills menu) if and how many pickup points you want to enable.
Edited by Vandalar#2864 on 21/12/2012 17:14 GMT
Reply Quote
This is a really good idea! Here are my +/- to it:

Character:
- unlocking 10 levels grants a small extra benefit, along with the upgraded avatar (+1)
- increase base pickup radius to 1 or 2 (+1)
- add an influence of the paragon lvls of your other characters to the lvl60 character you're playing atm in order to encourage playing other classes. This can be in the form of pickup radius, increased exp/MF/GF rate (+1)
- death is too lenient; experience penalties should be taken into consideration (+1)
- Each hero on an account benefits from GF & MF of the highest paragon level character on that account, but not the stat increase (+1)
- Players can now auto pick up tome of secrets, health potions and gems (+1)
- Provide incentives for starting new characters. Hellforge, bonus items on first boss kills, imbue, socketing, etc, did wonders to give incentives for players to roll new characters (+1)

Classes, Monsters, Events: +1

Itemization:
- redesigning legendaries (+1)
- add more legendary diversity, more flavor, more incentives to farm (+1)
- decrease stat randomness of legenaries, making a good roll a lesser gamble; investing a bit more effort in custom designing them for specific purposes and builds (+1)
- allow legendaries to drop 4 difficulty appropriate versions of themselves, one for each difficulty setting (+1)
- add more gem types (+1)
- increase maximum socket count for items (+1)
- consider gem synergies, or other small incentives to use certain gem combinations in multiple socket items (+1)
- consider integrating something akin to the D2 runic and runeword system (+1)
- ability to dye legendaries (+1)
- rainbow effect dye available in Whimsyshire (+1)
- Re-work Tal Rasha Set bonus (+1)
- by the look of things right now, Shenlong has two right hands; unless this is "working as intended", please fix it (+1)
- make all gem bonuses for weapons feel on a par with emeralds (see http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7253855835 ) (+1)
- make it so that Skorn is no longer the only viable 2h melee weapon (+1)
- leave the current drop rate of high level legendaries as it is, but give the lower level ones a chance to drop as well (see http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7253855835 ) (+1)
- make items roll with more varied skill bonuses (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=4#80 ) (+1)
- introduce items that are not slot bound, like charms (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976?page=5#81 ) (+1)
- introduce legendary gems or jewels with varied and powerful bonuses (+1)

Crafting:
- item socketing (+1)
- item attribute incrementation (+1)
- legendary item rerolling (+1)
- identify all items (+1)
- introduction of Mystic, possibly covering the roles above (+1)
- limit amount of modifications that you ca do per item and make it account bound afterwards (+1)
- allow specifying the primary stat that the item will be rolling with, akin to the hellfire ring (see http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848165193?page=1#18 ) (+1)
- salvaging hellfire rings has 100% chance at a random organ (+1)
- 3 hellfire rings can be crafted into a new hellfire ring (+1)
- Let people craft stuff with ilvl 63 affixes (+1)

Auction House:
- option to filter items with and without buyout price (+1)
- ability to specify DPS range in which to search (+1)
- when you mouse over an item in the AH, you see not just the attribute comparison of that item and what you are wearing in the respective slot, but also the Life/Damage/Protection difference between the two, like you would with any item in-game (+1)

Followers:
- paragon levels for followers (-1)
- add to them an inventory (-1)
- add to them multiple item slots (-1)
- option to mute them (+1)

Gameplay:
- button to lock the equipped gear so you don't sell it by mistake (+1)
- 2 sets of weapons like in D2 (+1)
- more visible buff icons, changed look of fading off buffs (+1)
- make inter-act travel possible (+1)
- a similar system like in Borderlands 2: You kill X zombies you get a stat improvement (+1)
- make each banner customization provide a small buff to your stats, or other sort of in-game advantage (+1)
Reply Quote
posted here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6160436308 about making higher mp levels more rewarding.

Developers didn't want to force anyone to play higher mp, and feel that it's mandatory, but they clearly overdone it and achieved a lost cause result - noone but few plays them unless you're farming for the keys, or going for uber run. The "play only for challenge" philosophy obviously doesn't work and is unfair - if you're increasing mob hp and damage drastically, you should also more reasonable scale that with more experience gain, even more magic and gold find. You shouldn't be greatly PUNISHED for playing MORE DIFFICULT game, it makes absolutely no sense at all.

Let's see how it's working right now:

http://s9.postimage.org/uw1l804xb/image.png

My proposition is to put a different values in those charts, it's really about time to adjust them:

xp - 30% (mp1) 60% 90% 120% 150% 180% 210% 240% 270% 300% (mp10)
magic find - 35% (mp1) 70% 105% 135% 170% 205% 240% 275% 320% 355% (mp10)
gold find - 35% (mp1) 70% 105% 135% 170% 205% 240% 275% 320% 355% (mp10)
bonus item, monster health and damage - no changes

edit: also, what would you do to improve other classes, useless skills and passives? i've wrote a topic regarding this here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6083128442

please, add your opinions.

if you're interested in fixing item diversity problem, meaning - if you want best 2h, in 9 of 10 instances you'll end up with Skorn or - if you're DH - Manticore, best bracers - Lacuni, and so on, please read and write here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848176597
Edited by fhantomPL#1840 on 21/12/2012 10:01 GMT
Reply Quote
First of all, thank you very much for the input!

+1 to all except: "Death is too lenient and experience penalties"

And
+1 Fix the drop rates of leg to be fair for all, not the elite few?
Edited by LilHagrid#2284 on 21/12/2012 10:44 GMT
Reply Quote
Warning when selling items that were recently equipped - maybe with some sign on the icon on the item.
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6161068271
I was thinking for this long time ago too. The problem comes from that when you are identifying the countless rares in the inventory it is very common to right click on already identified item and this to lead to equpping it and replacing some equipped item, because it uses the same right mouse button to do so. After that when you are selling the useless rares to vendors it is easy to not recognize you are selling the good item when you are trying to get rid of them fast.
Edited by FrozenTS#2718 on 23/12/2012 16:58 GMT
Reply Quote
oh some one sayd they must fixing my set items? :D all right. Because i am Tal Rasha so i take this quest.

Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit:

Fixed Inteligence minimum bonus: 165, maximum, 250 (blizz can varriant the stats in the middle way by the inteligence)

Fixed vitality minimum bonus: 100, maximum, 230 (blizz can varriant the stats in the middle way by vitality)

Attack speed minimum bonus: 8, maximum, 10 (varriant)

All resistance minimum bonus: 60, maximum 80 (varriant)

Hase socket always. 3 empty socket.

Random prop: life regen bonus like 500 minimum, maximum 750, gold finde 12% or lower but not lower as 6% magick finde 12% or lower but not lower as 6%, life +10 % or lower but not lower then 6%. CC reduction (forgot how to type xD) 12% or 14%

Armor: minimum 450 maximum 650 or higher varriant.

Tal Rasha's Brace:

Fixed minimum inteligence bonus: 100, max 250 (varriant but not lower as 100)
Fixed all resistance minimum 60, maximum 80 (varriant but not lower then 60)
Fixed minimum vitality: 100, maximum 200 or higher (varriant but not lower then 100)
Fixed Critial Hit Chance minimum 2%, maximum 3.5.
Fixed armor bonusz minimum: 360, maximum 450 or higher (varriant but not lower as 360)
Random Prop: dmg againts elits 6% minimum maximum 8%, +life% minimum: 10%, maximum 20% Varriant. Magick finde bonus: 20% or lower a bit like 10% or higer, Gold finde bonus 20% or 10 or higher varriant, Life regen bonus 360-560.

Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare:

Fixed minimum dmg: 360, maximum 484 or 500.
Fixed minimum inteligence: 170, maximum 360
Fixed Critical hit chance always 10.0% always
Fixed Critical Hits grant 10 Arcane Power always
Fixed hase one empty socket always
Random Prop: decrase all wizard skill cool downs to 1 or 2 sec can be varriant as: 1.01, and other (this prop can arive to all tal rasha's Glare to each player based on ch type (wizard). Vitality bonus: 100-200 varriant, Magick finde 36%, gold finde 20%, The default bonus props are fars btw. Incrase all wizard skill damage to 10 or 15 %. (varriant)

Tal Rasha's Allegiance:

Fixed inteligence bonus always minimum: 180, maximum 360
Fixed All resistance 60-80
Fixed Critical Hit chance 9.0% and 10%
Fixed Critical Hit Damage: 60-90%
Fixed vitality bonus: 150-360
Fixed Hase one open socket
Random Props: life% 10 or 20%, magick finde 20% gold finde 10%, life regen 500, Life on hit minimum +441, maximum +600.

Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom:

Fixed minimum inteligence 170-200 varriant but now lower then 170
Fixed life bonus 12-14%
Fixed Critical Hit Chance Increased 6.0-10.0
Fixed All resistance minimum 60 maximum 80
Fixed always hase one empty socet.
Fixed Critical Hits grant 10 Arcane Power or 9 arcane power.
Random Prop: vitalty 150-200, magick finde 20%, gold finde 10%, Incrase damage againts elits 5-8%, armor 260-360, life regen 450-500.

Set bonuses:

set 1:

unique aura when wear (like in diablo2 the yellow glowing aura, or an archon shader with nicely designed around the ch in circle)

Set 2: adds +35 arcane power or 40

set 3: Adds to all wizard skills damage to 10%

set 4: Increases Arcane Power Regeneration by 2.00 per Second

The fixed stats cant be changed this is the most fixed and legit stats what the game can give to the wizards, and good for any builds as well. Please if you made this set changes give me this set stuffs because i made it only just one full set with this stats and i have my end game gear finaly (ofc the maximum stated gears :D):D, and ofc others when its relased and dropped in to the game, to ewrie wizards only once per account to all item. And ofc cant be sellable :D all right its up to you bilzz to be sellable or not XD
Edited by TalRasha#2923 on 23/12/2012 19:52 GMT
Reply Quote
Changing the look of forum pages - the light text on black background can make your eyes hurt
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6201031387
Reply Quote
+1 to transporting to other acts
(I made this thread about it)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6200810821

I know this won't get many +1's
because it's monk specific, but a solution to monks not using daibos would be to give them 1.40 base attack speed.
After all, they're just a stick, not a giant hammer or anything like that.
Monks gain spirit per hit, and 2 handed weapons are not viable because of this.

However, tempest rush uses more spirit with more attack speed, so this would have to change somehow too
Reply Quote
20/12/2012 18:27Posted by Nihilus
Going to update this thread soon. Thank you so much guys for keeping this vast project alive and feeding it your invaluable input!

Damn, it's been 5 days already; that sounded a lot like a promise from you know who...I am slowly becoming that which I hope to overcome, as Nietzsche would have put it :P

The thread has once again been brought up to date, reflecting your invaluable feedback. I bow my head to naksiloth for the inhuman effort and passion invested in making this game a better place for us all. Also, to the immortal TalRasha for singlehandedly fixing his own set and making me lol at the same time. Three cheers for the unnamed others that make our ranks swell and are hopes of a brighter dawn together with them!

Merry Christmas to you all!
Edited by Nihilus#1211 on 26/12/2012 01:26 GMT
Reply Quote
Merry Christmas y'all!

I really hope this thread wake up some developer or two and bring us better game
Edited by FrozenTS#2718 on 26/12/2012 10:27 GMT
Reply Quote
Make all lvl 60 followers shared between your characters, that way you might want to invest more in them.
Reply Quote
added :3
Reply Quote
CPR
Reply Quote
CPR
Reply Quote
Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]