If not, D3 will continue to force players to farm MP0 in order get gear. High MPs should be worth farming. Nowadays everyone runs around A3MP0 like noobs with trash-level gear...
- option to lessen or hide altogether the graphical effects from ally abilities +1
- paragon levels provide a small increment to pickup radius, possibly 1 or 2 for every 10 levels gained +1
- unlocking 10 levels grants a small extra benefit, along with the upgraded avatar +1
- increase base pickup radius to 1 or 2 +1
- death is too lenient; experience penalties should be taken into consideration +1
- Each hero on an account benefits from GF & MF of the highest paragon level character on that account, but not the stat increase -1
- Since level ~77 is halfway to paragon journey 1-100, each PL from 75 grants twice the stat increase making the grind more rewarding. (6 primary stat, 4 vit etc.) -1
- every 10 paragon levels or so you gain a small amount of resistance to CC and reflect damage +1
- Players can now auto pick up tome of secrets, health potions and gems +1
- steeper damage curve, making MP10 foes provide the ultimate challenge/gear check for the absolute best players -1
- random boss encounters should provide a greater challenge and reward than any other conceivable random elite encounter +1
- a new monster power level where the packs have all the possible affixes at the same time -1
- more monster affixes +1
- bring back invulnerable minions, at least on the higher MP levels -1
- powerful uber minions for higher mp levels -1
- give to the sellers outside town (those we meet sometimes) at least a slight chance of selling 63 lvl rare or why not legendary or set also +1
- adding more legendary diversity, more flavor, more incentives to farm +1
- decreasing stat randomness of legenaries, making a good roll a lesser gamble; investing a bit more effort in custom designing them for specific purposes and builds +1
- allowing legendaries to drop 4 difficulty appropriate versions of themselves, one for each difficulty setting -1
- add more gem types +1
- add a gem mine event +1
- add gems as possible quest rewards +1
- increase maximum socket count for items +1
- MP no longer gives straight Magic Find to the character. Instead, the items recieve a small bonus per MP level to all their rolls. Notice that this means that high MP has a chance to generate items with rolls that are impossible to achieve al lower MP levels -1
- consider integrating something akin to the D2 runic and runeword system -1
- ability to dye legendaries +1
- Re-work Tal Rasha Set bonus +1
- Monster population for each map is increased by 25% (including elite packs) +1
- All monsters and players now move 15% faster, increasing the overall pace of the game +1
- identify all items +1
- limit amount of modifications that you ca do per item and make it account bound afterwards -1
- allow specifying the primary stat that the item will be rolling with, akin to the hellfire ring +1
- salvaging hellfire rings has 100% chance at a random organ +1
- Let people craft stuff with ilvl 63 affixes +1
- ability to link items from AH history to the chat +1
- ability to access AH in game, possibly after talking to a special vendor, or by clicking on a special GUI element like the achievements button +1
- when you mouse over an item in the AH, you see not just the attribute comparison of that item and what you are wearing in the respective slot, but also the Life/Damage/Protection difference between the two, like you would with any item in-game +1
- showing which jeweler and blacksmith recipes are already known +1
- being able to filter legendaries by attributes that normally don't spawn on that item type +1
- fix search for similar items so that it automatically fills in the stats of legendaries, not just their name +1
- tamed treasure goblins called via scrolls or bought from Mystic -1
- teachable ability to tell them what to pick up (gold, potions, tomes, gems, whites, blues, yellows, etc) -1
- teachable ability to auto-trade certain item type for gold (eg: have them automatically reimburse you for every white they pick up, at a slightly disadvantageous rate, compared to vendors) -1
note: actually, i really love the idea of companions, just not this one in particular.
- prevent disconnecting from server when AFK in a solo game +1
- 2 sets of weapons like in D2 +1
- more visible buff icons, changed look of fading off buffs +1
- when something is changed in options the option "Enable Monster Power Selection" is automatically turned off; this issue needs to be addressed +1
Developers didn't want to force anyone to play higher mp, and feel that it's mandatory, but they clearly overdone it and achieved a lost cause result - noone but few plays them unless you're farming for the keys, or going for uber run. The "play only for challenge" philosophy obviously doesn't work and is unfair - if you're increasing mob hp and damage drastically, you should also more reasonable scale that with more experience gain, even more magic and gold find. You shouldn't be greatly PUNISHED for playing MORE DIFFICULT game, it makes absolutely no sense at all.
Let's see how it's working right now:
My proposition is to put a different values in those charts, it's really about time to adjust them:
xp - 30% (mp1) 60% 90% 120% 150% 180% 210% 240% 270% 300% (mp10)
magic find - 35% (mp1) 70% 105% 135% 170% 205% 240% 275% 320% 355% (mp10)
gold find - 35% (mp1) 70% 105% 135% 170% 205% 240% 275% 320% 355% (mp10)
bonus item, monster health and damage - no changes
edit: also, what would you do to improve other classes, useless skills and passives? i've wrote a topic regarding this here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6083128442
please, add your opinions.
if you're interested in fixing item diversity problem, meaning - if you want best 2h, in 9 of 10 instances you'll end up with Skorn or - if you're DH - Manticore, best bracers - Lacuni, and so on, please read and write here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848176597
20/12/2012 18:27Posted by NihilusGoing to update this thread soon. Thank you so much guys for keeping this vast project alive and feeding it your invaluable input!
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.