Diablo® III

Diablo 3 - The road NOT taken

The idea of ENDGAME is that once you finish the game, there is something interesting and challenging for you to do. For me PvP does enter this realm, PvP IS endgame content but as it seems PvP is far from done, and from looking at Jay Wilsons old interviews it seems that PvP will be a minor part of the game and the main interest should be PvE in which case there is nothing interesting to do once you finish Act 4 Kill Diablo for the 4th time.

Yeah well, they messed up the endgame of D3 because it's more profitable to farm elite/champ packs rather than killing bosses/rare spawns for loot. The more content they add, you'll soon be back to killing elites/champs instead of ending bosses, just in a different environment. Gotta love it how they messed up the game eh?
Reply Quote
I guess a blue post is not something we will ever see hah?
Reply Quote
If you're looking for a blue post, you made a mistake posting this on EU.

Paste it on US and you have a chance, a small one though.
Reply Quote
Community
I think this thread has been an interesting read so far, and although I don't really have much to say about the things posted here, I would like to comment on the following:
Listen to the community,

We are listening! We may not be very visible at times, but I can promise you that we are not ignoring you.

We spend a lot of time every day reading threads. We constantly gather player feedback, opinions, concerns, ideas, etc. that we forward to the the Diablo III developers.

The developers are very interested to hear what you guys have to say, and although the development of Diablo III is not a democracy, your feedback does influence their work.
Reply Quote
14/11/2012 15:18Posted by Vaneras
The developers are very interested to hear what you guys have to say, and although the development of Diablo III is not a democracy, your feedback does influence their work.

that explains much isn't it
Reply Quote
a side note:

about gold/gem sink, you lose your gems when you choose to remove them from your item.

BAAMM... problem solved -_-;

Just DO IT!
Reply Quote
Well, I understand that some players are ok with rmah, and actually I would be ok with the concept if Blizzard had the requested skill to build a proper economics system...rather than this cheap nonsense. They have the brains to take your money, but not to respect your money.
As soon as there is real money involved in a game, it is not just a game anymore, it's getting to real life issues. They are really lightweight on the subject and it is out of the question for me to use this as is.For example, duping issues, please realize that this is THEFT, period! if it still exists after 6 months from launch, there should be someone to sue blizzard...

End game does not exist because Blizzard is not in the process of "putting an end to it". This Diablo 3 is driven like wow is : if they don"t want it to end, they don't and they proceed patches and extensions, new gear, new levels etc..so that you constantly have to change gear, farm etc..

Personnally I wanted Diablo3 to be different from wow on this subject, I wanted to have the opportunity to raise a caracter to endgame, and create some others etc...we can't come back to this game 3 months after a break and get back our gameplay in the same conditions, what a joke.

They only listen to community when it is a proposition that is the last one we would implement, the important ones are not taken in account as it is not usually in their interest.

I personnaly will not buy any extension of D3 (as well as any game from blizzard), unless
I know for sure it goes in a direction that makes sense to us, not only to them, meaning I might wait to buy it at best, and not get it at all otherwise.

Actually, That would be a solution to not buy extension, as we would keep our caracters as they are. They won't prevent players who did not buy extension from playing:-)
After all, I like this d3 gameplay as it is, no need for more...I would even remove this uber boss feature, as it is the most useless thing they did instead of giving us some nice useful improvement.
Blizzard is like any basic money oriented company : the art of explaining you that service given is high end quality, but in fact it is way under expectations...this is what profit is, provide minimum to get maximum.
Edited by lysergeon#2646 on 14/11/2012 15:58 GMT
Reply Quote
I think this thread has been an interesting read so far, and although I don't really have much to say about the things posted here, I would like to comment on the following:
Listen to the community,

We are listening! We may not be very visible at times, but I can promise you that we are not ignoring you.

We spend a lot of time every day reading threads. We constantly gather player feedback, opinions, concerns, ideas, etc. that we forward to the the Diablo III developers.

This.

I believe the CMs are listening, the devs just are not doing anything about it :)

If a bookie would take bets on it, I would bet my next annual salary raise that PvP wont release until really close to an official xpac announcement. My point, the person above the blizz south team hears money- not quality. All the while the CMs get beat up in forums constantly while trying to keep the peace.

Thank you for listening

p.s.: When pvp does release, impliment a bracket for rmah users and everyone else. That would seperate the Pay2Wins' from the ones who worked hard to build sets through the game only and at the same time solve some upcoming QQ threads.
Edited by Ferelith#1788 on 14/11/2012 15:42 GMT
Reply Quote
a side note:

about gold/gem sink, you lose your gems when you choose to remove them from your item.

BAAMM... problem solved -_-;

Just DO IT!

Man, this works. Just like D2. Once you put a gem in, it's in. Taking it out destroys it. The problem with in D2 this was accidentally putting a zod rune in a worthless mace you picked up by mistake, but I'd imagine a simple "confirm insertion- this is irrevocable!" pop up would suffice. This is a really good idea whose time has not come. When the market gets flooded with gems either from a drop in the player base or an increase in the number of gems being made, it's going to happen. This simple idea stops that scenario. +1
Reply Quote
The only problem with this game is that the tail keeps wagging the dog, i.e., the 'health' and 'stability' of the economy is the main driving force for most features/adjustments in the game.

Let me state very clearly: I wouldn't miss a minute of sleep if the economy tanked completely. BiS items could be selling for 1 gold in the AH, I still wouldn't buy them.
The only two ways to save this game are:
#1- remove both AH's and adjust the drop rate accordingly (not gonna happen),
#2- add an offline SP / no AH mode (not gonna happen).
Reply Quote
Nice idea, this topic got ideas that can pretty much make the game fun again with simple solutions.

Blizzard should def listen to this ideas.

The item upgrade one was particuarly interesting, cuz i know it works. Theres an old game i used to play when i was a kid named "Ragnarok online". It has this upgrade system and i tell ya, it works wonders. Keeps the economy controlled, as the items are always being destroyed by ppl wanting the very best of the best.

This will work, if u guys at blizzard put it up.
Reply Quote
Nice post overall.

I don't agree about the gems though. I think it's hurting the player for no reason. There are plenty of ways to make gold viable that would be rewarding too. Like upgrading crafting.

Also, I don't agree that there is no endgame now. Sure, there's still plenty of room for improvement, but Infernal Machine, Paragon and Monster Power will keep most players quite busy.

Otherwise, some great points and ideas and very constructive.
Reply Quote
Community
14/11/2012 15:38Posted by Ferelith
I believe the CMs are listening, the devs just are not doing anything about it :)

I totally get how frustrating it can be to hunger for new information, and I also know how easy it can be to jump to conclusions when being in that state of mind., but I can assure you that the developers are working hard to make Diablo III a better game... there are many things in the works for future updates, and we will share more detailed information on these things when we are ready to talk about them :-)
Reply Quote
The latest improvements, mainly patch 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, included very obvious solutions to issues that were unanimously considered as issues by the community and developers. I followed the forums closely at the time, everyone pretty much painted the same picture of what needed to change.

I imagine we haven´t heard of the devs lately because 1.0.5 introduced major changes with effects they need to first monitor. If you consider class balance for example, there´s been some sick swings in numbers. The monster power system is probably bringing out tons of more build diversity as well. I can only scarcely imagine what the state of diablo is right now, but i´d think it´s pretty good.

I´m eagerly waiting for the next dev journal. Should be interesting.
Reply Quote
An idea how to solve problem about drop rates, rolls and the AH:

Make double D3 profiles on accounts! In game "server options" players can choose non AH profile. On that profile we start creating characters from begining, upgrading Blackmist, Jewler and stash all over again, clean character slots etc., like we've just created fresh D3 game profile.
On that new non AH pofile let everything be the same except:
-no shared stash, Blacksmith and Jewler for characters
-new better item rolls, no str on bows, no dex/int on mighty weapons etc.
-highly increased drop rates for rares, legendary and set items so everyone can find low lvl sets and legendary during leveling and high lvl on inferno difficulty
-no character transfer or anything between profiles
-unlimited or very high amount of character slots due to not sharing anything between characters
-no trading between players!!!! items are bound to characters and their followers!!!!
-level and experience restrictions, lets say, you play on normal mode and when you reach lvl 35 you no longer gain XP in normal mode so you can continoue to farm normal but no gaining levels, nightmare limit lvl 50 and hell of course lvl 60, you gain paragon levels only on inferno difficulty!!!

So every time player start a new character there is no gold in stash, have to uprgade Blacksmith and jewler again, collect plans again, gold etc...

So go on and make a PTR test! On every player profile put non AH profile and test this for one month to see how will this work. Some players will choose that non AH profile to play and some will play AH profile and that's it, problem solved :)))

This will work! I have a hunch ;) You can concider this also like an end game because it will be challenging, specially in hardcore mode, no AH, no items and gold sharing between characters, no trading between players. We can play co-op, PvP in future but with those restrictions, so only real fans of good old Diablo will chose to play on this non AH profile!!

Or at least implement these ideas in a new mode called "hardcore challange" so every hardcore challange character will work like this, no AH, no trading, every new HC challange char from the same begining!!! :) And reward for players playin' this mode will be highly increased drops and much better rolls on items ;) And you got your neverending end game!!! You die and you start again from very same begining, and for month or two you can again have you IK set or 400k dps DH but only one life :)
Edited by Kokica#2985 on 14/11/2012 17:12 GMT
Reply Quote
This guy is RIGHT!

Im planning to play longer and game is easy + economy going more sucker everyday because of item dups or even thing that happened we dont know what is going on.

(maybe even they gold or euro dupping and sucking blizzards funds)

Economy must be fixed, ah is a brilliant idea. Economy is the most important part in game. (i doubt u guys realize this)

Please everybody give some time and watch this guy: (item duping video)

>>>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMm2_ayl_Hw&feature=plcp <<<<<<<

This guy has more video about this. Gem duping etc etc
Reply Quote
14/11/2012 16:20Posted by Vaneras

I totally get how frustrating it can be to hunger for new information, and I also know how easy it can be to jump to conclusions when being in that state of mind., but I can assure you that the developers are working hard to make Diablo III a better game... there are many things in the works for future updates, and we will share more detailed information on these things when we are ready to talk about them :-)

YOU JUST DID THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO THE COMMUNITY = LISTENING

Im pretty sure, that even if we wont get information, but CM's will reply our posts as "Wev'e seen it, might even consider it" will just make much better and fun environment
Reply Quote

First off we got 2 blue posts - already a great start for this thread :)

Secondly i would like to explain why we feel like no one cares what we say.
Many threads have been opened, many weep threads that don't deserve any attention at all, but some do really come up with real points which we do not get any feedback from anyone.

For instance the rollback issues, if this game had no RMAH I wouldn't even care if Blizz employees could create items. But if someone can take a $250 item and "fool" blizzard into giving him a rollback and now he has 2 of them - he is a thief.

Besides this it's also on the practical level, we bring up many ideas and out of the thousands that come up - many are crazy, (like some of mine) but some, even a very small amount, are really good.
In most cases those ideas get no attention and in some they get a blue post like this "yea sounds good keep up the great ideas" (makes us feel someone cares), and in the end.. we get an Infernal Machine \ MP \ doubled Legend or Set drops, which feels a little like someone wanted to push "new" content fast, but didn't want to put in the effort.

We all hope for the same thing here (the community), we hope for a better game.
So I hope those "super secret" future updates will fix the over inflated economy and bring back some interest in the Diablo franchise.

Again thank you very much for the attention and showing us that someone is listening :)
Edited by Shoshi#2254 on 14/11/2012 18:58 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]