Diablo® III

My five cents

At first I would like to say thanks to blizzard development team for keeping doing the good work , Diablo 3 is much better than it was at start but still need some polishing.

Second thing is the ideas/suggestions I have in my mind that I would like to see come true in game so I want to share my vision with everyone.

1.DYE’S
The idea is about customization of character appearance in armors. In my humble opinion not every armor part appearance on my character I like and to be honest many top items appearance I strongly dislike. That’s why I would like to see come true in game new kind of dyes that would solve problem.
First kind, “legendary” DYE’S that allow you to dye legendary items, I think 5 time price of normal dye would be appropriate (around 25k).
Second kind, lets call them ”Illusion” DYE’S that allows you to change any kind of item to have appearance of any other items you want to, (lets say 100k is a fair price for it). That would include weapons to. Because there are some pretty bad !@# looking items that on level 60 you will never wear.
To be more clear what I ment I’ll give an egzample.
Lets say with my Wizard I have Andariel’s visage and Dark Mage’s Shade, the first one give very nice boost of stats but the second one in my opinion is best looking hat for wizard in whole game. So first thing what I do I use “legendary” dye to change color of Dark Mage’s Shade from black to white color, and after that I use “illusion” dye target item that I want to be the pattern of illusion ( white Dark Mage’s Shade) and put it on item that I want to dye (Andariel’s Visage). And now I can enjoy stats of my Andariel’s Visage that have appearance of white Dark Mage’s Shade.

+ big 1
I mean really. Blizzard had a lot of imagintion in diffrent visualisation of the equipment. But once u r 60 there is nearly no diversity. i like some of the designs of the lower levels but i just cant take them. A dye to switch to those -only in visualisation- would be perfect. Also unique items. Maybe they could be also designed in some other combinations. For example vile ward.- different horns, glowing eyes... (and only for the monk they look so small, why).
Reply Quote
At first I would like to say thanks to blizzard development team for keeping doing the good work , Diablo 3 is much better than it was at start but still need some polishing.

Second thing is the ideas/suggestions I have in my mind that I would like to see come true in game so I want to share my vision with everyone.

1.DYE’S
The idea is about customization of character appearance in armors. In my humble opinion not every armor part appearance on my character I like and to be honest many top items appearance I strongly dislike. That’s why I would like to see come true in game new kind of dyes that would solve problem.
First kind, “legendary” DYE’S that allow you to dye legendary items, I think 5 time price of normal dye would be appropriate (around 25k).
Second kind, lets call them ”Illusion” DYE’S that allows you to change any kind of item to have appearance of any other items you want to, (lets say 100k is a fair price for it). That would include weapons to. Because there are some pretty bad !@# looking items that on level 60 you will never wear.
To be more clear what I ment I’ll give an egzample.
Lets say with my Wizard I have Andariel’s visage and Dark Mage’s Shade, the first one give very nice boost of stats but the second one in my opinion is best looking hat for wizard in whole game. So first thing what I do I use “legendary” dye to change color of Dark Mage’s Shade from black to white color, and after that I use “illusion” dye target item that I want to be the pattern of illusion ( white Dark Mage’s Shade) and put it on item that I want to dye (Andariel’s Visage). And now I can enjoy stats of my Andariel’s Visage that have appearance of white Dark Mage’s Shade.

+ big 1
I mean really. Blizzard had a lot of imagintion in diffrent visualisation of the equipment. But once u r 60 there is nearly no diversity. i like some of the designs of the lower levels but i just cant take them. A dye to switch to those -only in visualisation- would be perfect. Also unique items. Maybe they could be also designed in some other combinations. For example vile ward.- different horns, glowing eyes... (and only for the monk they look so small, why).

i must say... THAT... i just talk to friend similar idea so i want this badly, it is good money sink and ppl will look diferent AND some crap legendary will be usefull for item-skin....
Reply Quote
bump to all, especially last 7th point

no one keeps full set lets face, there is always one terrible set item that makes u lose so much hp/dps/res etc
- ik wep
- nat wep
- zuni mojo
- tal belt

and this goes on and on...
time to seriously buff sets in terms of bonuses, players should be overpowered if they got full set thats the point of sets, you have all, you are godly, there should be even variants of set pieces like for natalya: 1h xbow, bow and 2h xbow, all under set wep place

edit: and ofc diversity of character, why all 60lvl chars look the same, its easy to implement, if we cant choose skills, give us option to make our character unique!
Edited by Revan#2827 on 15/11/2012 00:16 GMT
Reply Quote
14/11/2012 15:36Posted by Vaneras
Diablo 3 is much better than it was at start but still need some polishing.

We can totally agree that there is room for improvement. The developers are not just kicking back and doing nothing, they are hard at work on new additions and improvements (I am sure we will post more details on these things as we get closer to their release).

Anyways, it's nice reading your thoughts on ways to improve things, so thanks for posting (and please keep posting). :-)

is there an email address where we can send you guys suggestions for improving the game?
Reply Quote
About the Hellfire ring I think it might be a good idea to let you pay a NPC to salvage your Hellfire ring to either Crafting material or Organ. Let say you pay NPC 10K gold then you have 10% chance to get a organ and 50K gold for 50% and 100K gold for 100% organ. By doing that it will help to take gold out of the game.
Reply Quote
biggest thing for me were skills.....characters are exactly the same...only defined by class, gear, and playing style......i havnt played for quite a while but i started again and its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than before, but we REALLY need to be able to customize and level our skills separately more.
Reply Quote
Community
I did some research for you guys on the most popular things people want to see in the game and then made their top 10.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5616361857?page=12#228

I've posted it here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848176597 but there was no response, so I'll try here instead.

Those are both good threads, and I recommend others to spend some time to read through them because of the interesting ideas that are being discussed there. Also, please feel free to use the forum rating system to up-vote the ideas/posts you like the best :-)
Reply Quote
14/11/2012 16:10Posted by Vaneras
any chance of some kind of pvp update, at all plzz, its been far to long with out any updates in regards to a major part of the game.

I know that many of you guys are very eager to get into some PvP action in Diablo III, but there is nothing new I can share with you at this point in time I'm afraid, except that it is still being worked on of course.

It would be my guess that we will post a blog update about PvP in Diablo III when we get closer to release :-)

What happend to the "by the end of the year" ?
You guys had PvP at Blizzcon ! (when Blizzard used to do Blizzcon !) I feel like I've been scammed. Buy this game, is great ! Don't worry about PvP, we will patch "PvP Arenas only be a few months after release" !
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 is bad ;-(
Reply Quote
Gold pickup range should be increased inherently, automatically, separate from health globe pickup. Just make the default gold pickup range about 2-3 yards instead of whatever it is now. I like strategically leaving health globes laying there, so I can go back and grab them when I need them.

What I don't like too much is dancing around the same pile of gold like three times in a futile attempt to pick it up.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Gold pickup range should be increased inherently, automatically, separate from health globe pickup. Just make the default gold pickup range about 2-3 yards instead of whatever it is now. I like strategically leaving health globes laying there, so I can go back and grab them when I need them.

What I don't like too much is dancing around the same pile of gold like three times in a futile attempt to pick it up.

THIS
Reply Quote
crafting should be changed. crafting as now is lotery but lotery like in real life. you have higher chance that thunder will strike you instead of getting good rolls. with incresed offer on ah i dont see why would anybody spend gold and crafting material to get something with very slim choice of getting good craft. imo it should have some fixed stats of crafters choice.

for example
- crafting 6 stats weapon
- i pay to artisan additional 500 k gold and i can choose one fixed stat (for example socket)
- i pay to artisan additional 1 mil gold to get second stat of my choice (for example crit chance)
- i pay to artisan additional 2 mil gold to get third stat of my choice (for example some dmg modifier- light /fire.. dmg % etc)
i will limit fix stat choice to half of possible stat, in this case 3 of 6, and on 4 and 5 stats crafting plans to 2 fixed choices.

this way you will get gold sink, which will prevent gold inflation (extra gold on mp levels, valors, paragon...), and people will start crafting more...
Edited by vknez#2265 on 17/11/2012 08:15 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
+1 to all, the game need those changes ASAP.
Reply Quote
Vknez I agree with you that crafting need to be reworked a bit, but to be realistic 2kk is quite a lot of money for many people for 1 item that still probably will have pretty small chances to be good. I think good idea would be to not change the price of crafting but instead add option of leveling your blacksmith, by crafting more and more items. So let say he could get another 20 lvl's (we could call them Artisan or Master lvl's)achieved by gaining experience from crafting more and more items (more exp for crafting items with more rolls and even more of exp for crafting highest lvl legendary items). And every lvl would increase rolls on items but also the price of crafting like 5-10k per lvl, So lets say that if you get lvl 20 (which should be idk like 20-50 kk at least and lots of lots of materials) you craft items only with highest possible rolls. I give an example to be more clear what I mean:

Lets say I have Atisan/Master lvl 0 and and I craft 6 stat boots, all those stats are random, but what I can roll on them is lets say Dex in value from 30 to 300 and movement speed from 7 to 12 and few more stats. And after spending all those money on lvling my blacksmith when I get to lvl 10 and I craft the same boots they can now roll dex from 150 to 300 and movement speed from 9-12, and after spending much more money and geting to lvl 20 now my boots can roll dex always value from 250 to 300 and movement speed from 11 to 12 and all other stats in roll from 80 to 100% of max value on the same item.

And It would be nice to see same thing on Jewelcrafter but instead increasing price of jewels it would decrease the price of crafting jewels. And maybe being able to make sockets in items but that would cost hard money to get.

And the last thing Being able to find recipes and craft mercenary items, rings and amulets would be GREAT TO.
Edited by Maphr#2126 on 17/11/2012 11:16 GMT
Reply Quote
+1
I would like to add that it would be nice if i could make my shenlong set or any fist weapon invisible. Not that its sooo bad looking but i just prefer monk attacking with only fists.

Also about gold pickup. Sure its strange stat but some wd passives depend on it and i for exapmle use grave injustice buid on my wd. Still i have no idea how to solve that.
Reply Quote
5.Hellfire RingIt’s kind of a shame that only thing to do with crafted “bad” rings is to destroy/vendor it. I think great idea would be to recycle it. And what I mean by that is that you could take 2-3 already made rings and mix it in to new Hellfire Ring.

or when destroying the ring u have a chance of getting back 1 to 3 of its original ingredients
Reply Quote
dexterkiller Not a chance but just get 1 of 3 organs back every time you destroy it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]