Diablo® III

rollback's are a joke

(Locked)

i got hacked yesterday, i use an authenticator for every login
i asked blizz to investigate
they could see my account was accessed from another place and offered me a rollback

this would take 1-2 hours
today i got a reply to the ticket, that a previous save point doesnt excist

i have a barb paragon lvl 48, an no savepoints excist?
well this was my last ever post on blizzard i canceled my wow account, gonna charge back my diablo3 and to bad i cant do that for all the d2 accounts i had

blizzard and customer service, a joke i tell you
13/11/2012 10:09Posted by Shackle
i got hacked yesterday, i use an authenticator for every login

How did you get hacked?
Something is fishy.
They have daily savepoints of all characters.
Three 60s with 27267 eks... I would try again man, sometimes the person helping you is new and/or clueless.
13/11/2012 10:13Posted by specular
Three 60s with 27267 eks... I would try again man, sometimes the person helping you is new and/or clueless.

Yeah, I once had an AH related issue that took over a month to solve. I spoke with multiple different GM's, and I can say that the variance of their competence level is very huge!
Blame yourself...you got hacked....right. Stop downloading "maphacks" and u won't get hacked (keylogged). GG.
During the course of our investigation, we determined that a restoration point - which would allow us to return your account to a previous state - does not exist. As a result, the restoration you requested is not possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

this was the email i got
Try again, it cant be there's no savepoint.
Authenticators are a joke, you only need them to make sales on RMAH :P they do not protect against hacking, only against keyloggers.

Gogo contact CS again and escalate this issue. Blizzard owns you your stuff back, it's on their servers is THEIR responsibility by law.

If your bank gets robbed you also get your money back and a bank cannot have your account 'rolled back' :P
During the course of our investigation, we determined that a restoration point - which would allow us to return your account to a previous state - does not exist. As a result, the restoration you requested is not possible. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

this was the email i got

Just reopen the ticket. Just be polite and state that you are not quite satisfied with their current solution.
ty guys for all the support, im gonna call em again and a ticket is reopened, but blizz starts working in 7 mins

keep posting in this thread, i wanna see a blue comment
seems a bit dubious that in all them kills and days you played you dont have a single save point

i think some keyboard warrior in blizzard just screwed up
properly raise the issue
be calm and polite and remember they have screwed up
Try again, it cant be there's no savepoint.
Authenticators are a joke, you only need them to make sales on RMAH :P they do not protect against hacking, only against keyloggers.

Gogo contact CS again and escalate this issue. Blizzard owns you your stuff back, it's on their servers is THEIR responsibility by law.

If your bank gets robbed you also get your money back and a bank cannot have your account 'rolled back' :P

Explain "not against hacking, only against keyloggers".

Also don't misinform OP about Blizzard owing him anything and please don't compare banks to Blizzard's servers. Money on your account is YOURS, items/chars on your account on battle.net are NOT yours.
I think as soon as Blizzard thinks about RMAH and real money involved in their game they should do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to restore the account and not say 'sorry our server team is incompetent and we have no restore point, your items are gone, goodluck'

If you know how hacking works you know authenticator does zero to protect you.

Edit: ok it does depend on the type of hacking because autheticator basically protects you from hackers managing to place a keylogger on your system (eg by injecting it in popular add-on programs like Loot Alert) or somehow manage to get your password by hacking your system and grabbing your Windows password to try if it's the same as your b.net password or things like this. Authenticator does NOT protect against people spoofing your session ID and stripping your char from all items and gold. Happened to my brother 2 times already and he has an Autheticator.
Edited by prod#2134 on 13/11/2012 10:38 GMT
- Diablo III
View profile
THis definitely is wrong! How can they not give you a roll back and how in the hell do they not have a save point for your character.

Somethings wrong here#!
13/11/2012 10:33Posted by prod
If you know how hacking works you know authenticator does zero to protect you.

I know how vast term "hacking" is, so I am asking you to explain what you meant by it.

So instead of wasting time both yours and mine do be nice and explain your words instead of deflecting questions. Oh and you could edit your post up there to remove that "Blizz owes you stuff" crap you wrote.
Hope you get your gear/gold back!

Been hacked in wow only, never in diablo. This was also with an authenticator attached.

In my case I had good service from blizz all times. Seems like you had a "noob" Gm :(
13/11/2012 10:37Posted by BarcaS
Oh and you could edit your post up there to remove that "Blizz owes you stuff" crap you wrote.

No I will not, I think it's blizzard responsibility as they PROMOTE this function on their website to ensure the people who get hacked that their data is save with them, period.

I dont see anything saying there 'If we have it' or 'unless server admin was sleeping'
Edited by prod#2134 on 13/11/2012 10:41 GMT
I cant believe authenticaters are useless. TY AGAIN BLIZZARD !!! DC's, Dupes, Useless Authnticators, Whats next?
I also dont see why you're protecting Blizzard instead of that guy who lost everything because a mistake/error on Blizzard's side and are not helping him, or even trying to help him.

Fact is he got hacked because hackers are smarter then the persons working @ blizzards' security. I think it's perfectly fine to blame Blizz and rage at them for this.

Please dont do it to yourself to defend some money grinding corporation :P
ah new lies from blizzard

i called at 11:30 sharp
got a guy on the phone, only let me do half my story, since its about 2 tickets and 4 reply's now
he told me there is no proof of my account being hacked

i told him, my char is empty... my gold is gone, is this not enough proof

i have skype logs of the guy in my friendlist who i think hacked me, he sayd

ur authenticator didnt protect you did it?
before i ever told any1 i was hacked

so

1st they had problems with the rollback system
2nd they had no restore points
and now the latest response
3rd no compromise has been found?

since this is 3 different answers im on hold again with customer support
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]