Diablo® III

rollback's are a joke

(Locked)

More IQ plox
I call bull!@#$ you probly just got hacked cause you gave your PW to some scamm side like a tard and now open this bs thread in hopes to get your stuff back.
Account hacked, reasons behind this:

Edit: "I have limited knowledge on the subject but this is what i understand so far, so if this information is wrong please correct."

You can brute force a account, but this is near impossible to use such programs when you have a Authenticator. Since you can't spam brute force program at 500 passwords a second, since you will get locked out. Any number below 500 passwords attempts a second would take way to long.
This ability is "impossible" with a "Authenticator" attached.

You can bypass the password log in screen & gain direct access to your account if someone figures out your email address & your secret question: Answer
This ability is only possible if your computer is compromised or you give away your email address, then all you have to do is guess the "Answer" to the secret question. Some advanced hack programs can evaluate the answer. This kinda hack is rare for compromised accounts. Perhaps close to impossible, unless hackers knowledge comes with government clearance.hehe

Another way is Keylogger program, this program will remember every keystroke you have done in a set time-frame, so any type of thing you enter like "passwords" where you happen to use the same keystrokes over & over, it will find them easy.
This ability is possible because you used a dodgy website or clicked on a advert, opened up a email. Main cause of compromised account. Any basement hacker can make these programs.

Ways to stop some of the above:

As a rule, never use a computer that is used by others. If this isn't possible limit who does access the computer & ask them to re-frame from using dodgy websites. Always keep your virus protection programs upto date, run regular scans. Deleting cookies is a good idea with a program like CCleaner.com ( Piriform )

If you have to use a net cafe / online gaming centre etc.. or anything similar to this, make sure the computer has a upto date virus protection program. Check for updates & Run a scan before doing anything & never use the same computer to access your emails.

As a rule always run regular scans & keep your computer / virus protection updated at least every week. Anything less "plain stupid"... Don't be lazy, run them scans & updates.
If you can't afford to buy a virus protection program then get a free version like "AVG" free version.

Does your computer Blue screen?
Many forms of malware cause or masquerade as seemingly unrelated PC issues like Blue Screens of Death, issues with DLL files, and other serious Windows problems so it's important to properly check your computer for malware when working to solve many problems.
So start them Scans today - Not tomorrow:
Scanning your computer for malware like viruses, Trojan horses, rootkits, spyware, adware, worms, etc. is often a very important troubleshooting step.

You can always change your email address & passwords / battle.net account, for added protection if you feel your account is compromised at any time.

Always check the email address of links "Before" you click on them, easy to get caught out. Even on official websites, since these can sometimes in rare occasions be compromised.

Never use a email address that you use on a regular basis, for accounts. Limited access only, use more then one email address to save frustration. Never enter your account email address into any websites apart from access to your game account / eu.battle.net account page.

• Blizzard as a company will "NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD DETAILS."
  • Edited by Twizelbang#2350 on 14/11/2012 00:09 GMT
    authenticators are valid security otherwise why would governments use them to protect their pc's?

keyloggers might get your account name and password but it sitll has to guess an authenticator code. ergo it is useless.

session spoofing/hijacking requires you making a game and inviting people so if you only play with people you know you can limit the accountable people or save yourself a hack.

Oh and the barc / prod argument was super lame. you guys should hook up. you would make beautiful troll-like babies.

AUTHENTICATORS WORK ! /runs away before the homies start another troll sesh.
    Sorry for you but - someone can log onto another comp, give all the money and gear to someone else(friend) just for... safe keeping and then to ask for a restore point to double the stuff he had and blame blizzard because they won't...
    So OP downloaded and ran some sh!t on his comp, it took control of his running diablo client, issued valid commands, stripped his char. Probably he was watching it happening but would never admit it here.
    Same old sad story with the same old sad resolution: you won't get anything back.
    Just had a read of most the comments and real surprised not to see a blue post to responded to this
    90 Pandaren Warrior
    No blue post yet?
    - I feel with you, my friend. I hope you'll get something fixed!

No blue post yet?

So you didn't read the posts, eh?

OP claimed he was hacked and Blizzard couldn't/wouldn't help him.
    Some posters flamed and bashed.
    OP admitted that his "friend" "hacked" him (seems he downloaded some program "that has nothing do with Diablo3")

Still you hope he get something fixed?
    edit: something jumped into my mind
    ive a first hand story of someone i knew being legitly hacked and after a few hours he got instantly rolled back to where he was.
    Edited by Kechop#2775 on 14/11/2012 09:59 GMT

No blue post yet?

So you didn't read the posts, eh?

OP claimed he was hacked and Blizzard couldn't/wouldn't help him.
    Some posters flamed and bashed.
    OP admitted that his "friend" "hacked" him (seems he downloaded some program "that has nothing do with Diablo3")

Still you hope he get something fixed?

Most definitely yes, I want to see it fixed. The reason why he got hacked is largely irrelevant. The relevant fact is that according to OP Blizzard claims that they have no rollback savepoint for him.

If that is indeed the case, how many of our characters don't have rollbacks? Is this an isolated incident, or does it impact a significant portion of player base?

Blue answer is definitely required in case OP's claim is true, and there's no rollback.
    Shackle, when viewing your profile now it appears to be fully equiped, skorn and all. Could you please update wether or not the issue has been adressed correctly by Blizzard as this would be very interesting to know.

i have skype logs of the guy in my friendlist who i think hacked me, he sayd
    y it was a program
    no it had nothing to do with diablo
    i play minecraft he helped me with my server long story you get the point

Title of this thread should be "OP post is a joke", not "rollback's are a joke".

OP admitted he run 3d party program (probably 'throw away' autoit script or similar he got through skype obviously) and calling out blizz for incompetence when they didnt give him his stuff back :)
    Most definitely yes, I want to see it fixed. The reason why he got hacked is largely irrelevant. The relevant fact is that according to OP Blizzard claims that they have no rollback savepoint for him.

If that is indeed the case, how many of our characters don't have rollbacks? Is this an isolated incident, or does it impact a significant portion of player base?

Blue answer is definitely required in case OP's claim is true, and there's no rollback.

Everything OP says should be taken with the grain of salt. Including that Blizzard told him there is no rollback point for his character, which I highly doubt. Perhaps that was an euphemism for "No, we won't rollback the items you lost due to illegal activity you performed by your own free will and if you push the matter further we will ban you". I am speculating, but I have a doubt Blizzard doesn't have "save/restore points" for each and every char out here on daily basis.
    Community
    Shackle, as Customer Support explained, there is no evidence to show that anyone illegally accessed your account. Please refer back to Customer Support if you wish to discuss the matter further.
    This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]