Diablo® III

I want to play WD, need help with high mp build!

Hi there!
Sadly i swapped all my gear to my Wiz from Wd, I just sold knife and my animals (frog and snake xD) and bought a new weapon/source.
For fast farm at low mp 1-3, Wiz is the same of Wd, Archon with mass dps = Bear/pickupradius build. 50-60m exp / Hour.
The real problem of wd in my opinion is at high mp like 7+; I bought some good weapon/source for cm/ww build and I can carry naked friends at uberboss mp9 very easy, and if i want I can farm at mp7-8 pretty fast with cm/ww build, I just spam 123123 and permastun everything.
How can I carry friends at high mp with WD? I rly want to play WD but I dont want to spam bear/acid cloud at low mp all day long, please help me!!
I need some good build for high mp!!
The problem is not the gear, my stats with Wd were like:
200k dps
750res
50k hp
Reply Quote
There is no high mp build for WD???
Reply Quote
You changed to WD or Wizz? You're really confusing...
Reply Quote
Im grinding the keys on mp7/8/9 With 95k dps. But a shïtload of mana regen. 125 point somthing with VQ up, and 96 without. Sure i have to move around a bit for the best spot where i can put the bears into 1 thin line of damage, but thats all fine imo.

600 - 700 resi
56k hp
95k dps
34% crit
19% dodge ( Dex as 3. prime stat factor )

I am in love with the WD. There are no limits to a fun build when you have enough mana regen.

This is the build im using atm:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RfUdWT!bcU!ZcZYbY

But the gargantuan, soul harvest, and frogs can be changed in this build. There just have to be at least 1 thing for VQ, and i find the frogs great when reaching Reflect mobs, and missile damping affix.

Über bosses might look like this:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RfUXaQ!bcU!ZcaYab

At least im having a lot of fun. :)

Edit: My armory are not correct atm.. But will be as soon the servers are up again. :P
Edited by Diplopada#1316 on 10/11/2012 13:03 GMT
Reply Quote
He changed from Wizz to WD... :))
Reply Quote
@orion Either you can run a 0 second sacrifice build, or you can try getting close to permabear spam with lifesteal weapon. Either way, you won't be able to perma-stun bosses like a cm-wiz.

On high mp uberbosses I like swapping to a SOJ with bearcost reduction, and an offhand with bearcost reduction. Try having two manaregen items, use visionquest and bloodritual on high mp.

And I don't think archon wizard is as fast as running acid/bears farming on low mp? Depends on the WD player i guess.
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 12:59Posted by Chesus
You changed to WD or Wizz? You're really confusing...

10/11/2012 13:02Posted by Acharnor
He changed from Wizz to WD... :))

ye Wiz op! i can farm fast like a wd at low mp and be a boss at high mp with cm/ww.

Im grinding the keys on mp7/8/9 With 95k dps. But a shïtload of mana regen. 125 point somthing with VQ up, and 96 without. Sure i have to move around a bit for the best spot where i can put the bears into 1 thin line of damage, but thats all fine imo.

600 - 700 resi
56k hp
95k dps
34% crit
19% dodge ( Dex as 3. prime stat factor )

I am in love with the WD. There are no limits to a fun build when you have enough mana regen.

This is the build im using atm:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RfUdWT!bcU!ZcZYbY

But the gargantuan, soul harvest, and frogs can be changed in this build. There just have to be at least 1 thing for VQ, and i find the frogs great when reaching Reflect mobs, and missile damping affix.

Über bosses might look like this:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#RfUXaQ!bcU!ZcaYab

At least im having a lot of fun. :)

Edit: My armory are not correct atm.. But will be as soon the servers are up again. :P

I tried all this build but i kill stuff so slow at high mp, not cost efficient.
Btw thx for the answer!

10/11/2012 13:35Posted by Andymachine
And I don't think archon wizard is as fast as running acid/bears farming on low mp? Depends on the WD player i guess.

50-70m/h with both char!
Edited by oRioN#1958 on 10/11/2012 13:59 GMT
Reply Quote
I would say that you are doing somthing wrong then... It's all about standing with your back against a wall for the bears to run in 1 line insted of 3. But like every class, learn to play it, and learn to love it. If you wanna play WD that bad you have to live with the fact that it is a WD and not a CM wizz. :P

My build are even more effective when having a barb/monk aka a meat shield in the party. a lot less kiting from wall to wall, and more time for DPSing.
Reply Quote
Get a 2h with enough Life Steal. Witch decent armor/resists then it only depends on your dps how fast you can farm highest MP levels.

And for solo game, getting some CC stuff on your followers (Enchantress and Azurewrath, Scoundrel and Buriza) helps a lot too :)
Edited by Roben#2480 on 10/11/2012 15:27 GMT
Reply Quote
I often run with a cm wiz with over 200k dps unbuffed, and many times when we two did uberbosses i killed zoltan kulle before he killed siegebreaker (one stupid barb being eaten by siegebreaker while he stuns). I realize cm wiz is great for higher mp (if you got your stuff in order) and especially uberbosses, but if you know what the hell you're doing your WD shouldnt be that far behind?
Reply Quote
I've used my stuff with better hand and offhand as a wizard, and i may say that beyond permafreeze we are absolutely way better than wizards in every aspect of the game.
Not a single question about it.
Reply Quote
I can farm at mp7-8 pretty fast with cm/ww build, I just spam 123123 and permastun everything.
How can I carry friends at high mp with WD?
Doctor is a skill class, you actually need to think what you are doing and what to do next.

The problem is not the gear, my stats with Wd were like:
200k dps
750res
50k hp

That doesen´t tell much I´m affraid, if you could link your profile with all your gear equipped, it´d be easy to recommend a build for you.
Reply Quote
I cant link my WD equip cause i sold my knife and mojo and other stuff, but is similar to my Wiz equip (click on my profile xD), but if i will swap again to Wd i can buy a manajuma with 950+dps with socket and high dmg frog or serpent, how i told before the problem is not the gear but a build for high mp, everyone here said that Wd can farm easy and fast at high mp, i never saw that, link a video where you do it!
Ofc with my equip i can go at mp8 with Wd but i farm very slow in comparison with Wiz.
Sorry for my bad english :/
Reply Quote
You had way to much ias compared to what you had mana regen/max mana after build is taken into account.
You can't stack ias as a WD and believe the lack of mana regeneration won't be a pain in the !@# every now and then.

4 ias items is a lot, unless you use ias friendly builds.
Reply Quote
When i was wd i used less item with ias, now i use more cause i change weapon/source and amu and i can use cm/ww easy^^
Reply Quote
At the end no1 posted a good build for high mp or linked a video, nice!
Reply Quote
Just try something like this http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bfUdYT!cUa!bcZYcZ if you wanna play mp8-10? Like I said earlier maybe swap to SOJ and uhkapian serpent with zombie charger mana reduction. Or buy 0 cd sacrifice items, that also works well. I don't get the fascination with mp8, since nobody farms fast there anyway.
Reply Quote
Ofc at mp7-8-9 its impossible to be cost efficent but at least with wiz i can do it with 30-40m/h, i can help friend and carry at uberboss, is the only reason that i swapped my gear, for low mp farm wd is good like a wiz, wd high end build are pretty bad.
Thx for answer^^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]