Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Project moved to http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976 due to size issues. Please continue supporting it there.
I'm trying to compile a list of relatively small additions and improvements to the game (things such as new acts and characters obviously do not qualify for patches, but rather for an expansion).
- introduction of MP system (+9)
- Introduction of public rooms that not only can specify MP lvl, but also can set minimum requirements such as paragon lvl, no AH players only, etc (+7)
- Each additional party member increases max number of NV stack by 1, hence a 4 ppl party can have up to 7 NV (+1)
- option to lessen or hide altogether the graphical effects from ally abilities (+1)
- paragon levels provide a small increment to pickup radius, possibly 1 or 2 for every 10 levels gained (+7)
- unlocking 10 levels grants a small extra benefit, along with the upgraded avatar (+6)
- increase base pickup radius to 1 or 2 (+9)
- add an influence of the paragon lvls of your other characters to the lvl60 character you're playing atm in order to encourage playing other classes. This can be in the form of pickup radius, increased exp/MF/GF rate (+5)
- button to automatically sort your items (+7)
- button to link your stash to your other characters while in-game for the purpose of comparing items (+7)
- besides a shared stash, add a private stash (+7)
- ability to buy moar stash tabs (+4)
- death is too lenient; experience penalties should be taken into consideration (+5)
- Each hero on an account benefits from GF & MF of the highest paragon level character on that account, but not the stat increase (0)
- Since level ~77 is halfway to paragon journey 1-100, each PL from 75 grants twice the stat increase making the grind more rewarding. (6 primary stat, 4 vit etc.) (+1)
- every 10 paragon levels or so you gain a small amount of resistance to CC and reflect damage (+1)
- Players can now auto pick up tome of secrets, health potions and gems (+1)
- reflect damage mobs have an aura, or are otherwise easily distinguishable and have a reduced spawning rate (+7)
- steeper damage curve, making MP10 foes provide the ultimate challenge/gear check for the absolute best players (+9)
- slightly leaner HP curve, making MP10 challenges less repetitive, time consuming and boring (+9)
- steeper progression of bonus EXP in order to encourage higher MP farming (+10)
- random boss encounters should provide a greater challenge and reward than any other conceivable random elite encounter (+6)
- a new monster power level where the packs have all the possible affixes at the same time (-1)
- more monster affixes (+4)
- bring back invulnerable minions, at least on the higher MP levels (+2)
- powerful uber minions for higher mp levels (+3)
- random monster types on map (+2)
- Reflect Damage affix now has some sort of diminishing return, so that high DPS characters will still struggle hard but not punished this bad (+2)
- give to the sellers outside town (those we meet sometimes) at least a slight chance of selling 63 lvl rare or why not legendary or set also (+1)
- redesigning legendaries, making sure that none of them are utterly useless in every conceivable scenario (+6)
- adding more legendary diversity, more flavor, more incentives to farm (+6)
- decreasing stat randomness of legenaries, making a good roll a lesser gamble; investing a bit more effort in custom designing them for specific purposes and builds (+6)
- allowing legendaries to drop 4 difficulty appropriate versions of themselves, one for each difficulty setting (+4)
- add more gem types (+5)
- increase maximum socket count for items (+4)
- consider gem synergies, or other small incentives to use certain gem combinations in multiple socket items (+6)
- MP no longer gives straight Magic Find to the character. Instead, the items recieve a small bonus per MP level to all their rolls. Notice that this means that high MP has a chance to generate items with rolls that are impossible to achieve al lower MP levels (+4)
- consider integrating something akin to the D2 runic and runeword system (+5)
- ability to dye legendaries (+3)
- rainbow effect dye available in Whimsyshire (+1)
- introducing more skins for the same gear type (+3)
- Re-work Tal Rasha Set bonus (+2)
- Hellfire rings now roll 5 properties instead of 4 (+2)
- Monster population for each map is increased by 25% (including elite packs) (+1)
- All monsters and players now move 15% faster, increasing the overall pace of the game (+1)
- item socketing (+8)
- item attribute incrementation (+12)
- legendary item rerolling (+6)
- identify all items (+10)
- introduction of Mystic, possibly covering the roles above (+11)
- limit amount of modifications that you ca do per item and make it account bound afterwards (+10)
- allow specifying the primary stat that the item will be rolling with, akin to the hellfire ring (+7)
- salvaging hellfire rings has 100% chance at a random organ (+5)
- Let people craft stuff with ilvl 63 affixes (+1)
- option to have items that you can't afford remain hidden from view in the suggestions and search menu (+11)
- option to filter items with and without buyout price (+6)
- taking sockets and gems into account when computing stats (+5)
- ability to specify DPS range in which to search (+8)
- introduction of commas after each 3 digits in the item selling window (+10)
- showing the final bid amount/selling price for a lost bid instead of 0 (+11)
- a "call out" time for bids lasting a few seconds or minutes; if someone raises the bid during the call out, the auction time is extended, if not the auction ends (+8)
- replace current auction system with Sealed first-price auction: In this type of auction all bidders simultaneously submit sealed bids so that no bidder knows the bid of any other participant. The highest bidder pays the price they submitted. (+2)
- mark items that have gone through trades or AH (+8)
- buyer may offer a smaller amount than the buyout price; the seller may accept it, thus ending the auction even before the timer runs out (+8)
- notifications display usable links to items instead of just plain text names (+6)
- ability to link items from AH history to the chat (+5)
- ability to access AH in game, possibly after talking to a special vendor, or by clicking on a special GUI element like the achievements button (+5)
- when you mouse over an item in the AH, you see not just the attribute comparison of that item and what you are wearing in the respective slot, but also the Life/Damage/Protection difference between the two, like you would with any item in-game (+6)
- showing which jeweler and blacksmith recipes are already known (+5)
- being able to filter legendaries by attributes that normally don't spawn on that item type (+5)
- dynamic filter list; i.e. restricting the filter list only to attributes that are actually present on at least one of the items in the search result list (+5)
- prevent the input limit reached message and subsequent forced logoff when browsing the AH history (+5)
- ability to order search list by bid (+3)
- favorites/bookmark system, i.e. ability to keep track of items that you are interested in without having to actually bid on them (+1)
- auto-refreshing prices on AH, just like the timers (+1)
- add a vendor function to right click, so you can easily sell junk items from the AH, without having to remember them and go sell them in-game (+1)
- make it so players can pick and move items in their stash in AH like they can do in the game (+1)
- let us sell stuff also from followers inventory in AH (+1)
- paragon levels for followers (+7)
- add to them an inventory (+6)
- add to them multiple item slots (+7)
- option to mute them (+9)
- tamed treasure goblins called via scrolls or bought from Mystic (+4)
- teachable ability to tell them what to pick up (gold, potions, tomes, gems, whites, blues, yellows, etc) (+5)
- teachable ability to auto-trade certain item type for gold (eg: have them automatically reimburse you for every white they pick up, at a slightly disadvantageous rate, compared to vendors) (+5)
- option for map to remain displayed after you press a key, or to disappear once the key is unpressed (like the effect of alt over drops in D2), or some other way to make it not interrupt gameplay (+3)
- prevent disconnecting from server when AFK in a solo game (+5)
- button to lock the equipped gear so you don't sell it by mistake (+5)
- 2 sets of weapons like in D2 (+5)
- more visible buff icons, changed look of fading off buffs (+1)
- option to turn off screen shaking effect (+1)
- when something is changed in options the option "Enable Monster Power Selection" is automatically turned off; this issue needs to be addressed (+1)
- introduction of optional status message next to name in friends menu (+10)
- making sure that all elite types spawn and are marked properly for kill (+9)
- properly counting the skeletons that the Skeleton King destroys (+9)
- making the profile pages update the moment or minutes after you log out of the game, not hours later (+6)
- optional notification system for when someone comments on your thread, quotes or mentions you by battletag (+6)
- ability to leave comments on one's character profile (+4)
- ability to see how much time a (friendly) player has spent in game with each class (+5)
- ability to see the achievements on the profile page (+5)
- displaying the in-game banner on the user profile (+4)
- add different picture to pick for avatar in the forum. I prefer unlockable portraits like in SC2 (+1)
Edited by Nihilus#1211 on 13/11/2012 16:55 GMT
- paragon levels provide a small increment to pickup radius, possibly 1 or 2 for every 10 levels gained (+1)
- unlocking 10 levels grants a small extra benefit, along with the upgraded avatar (+1)
- steeper progression of bonus EXP in order to encourage higher MP farming (+1)
- item socketing (+1)
- item attribute incrementation (+1)
- legendary item rerolling (+1)
- identify all items (+1)
- introduction of Mystic, possibly covering the roles above (+1)
- taking sockets and gems into account when computing stats (+1)
- introduction of commas after each 3 digits in the item selling window (+1)
- paragon levels for followers (+1)
- introduction of optional status message next to name in friends menu (+1)
- tamed treasure goblins called via scrolls or bought from Mystic (+1)
- teachable ability to tell them what to pick up (gold, potions, tomes, gems, whites, blues, yellows, etc) (+1)
- teachable ability to auto-trade certain item type for gold (eg: have them automatically reimburse you for every white they pick up, at a slightly disadvantageous rate, compared to vendors) (+1)
Also I would like to vote for a new type of AH biding:
If the auction time of an item ended and had a bid in the last 5 minutes the time should extend for that extra period.
In other words, you win the item if no one bids more than you for 5 minutes.
Thank you for your time and input, Lenor!
I just hope this post won't get buried like all my other attempts to help improve the game. Trying to post this on the much more active US servers, in order to raise awareness, but I keep getting error 500 :(
+1 to pretty much everything.
One thing that I think they should "fix" is the pickup radius for gold, sometimes even though i run right through a pile of gold my character don't pick it up, they should increase the base radius to like 1 or 2 yards or something like that.
I agree with pretty much everything except I could see getting pickup radius for Paragon levels being an issue. Right now if you roll pickup radius it's considered okay, but imagine if you already have like 4-6 yards from just Paragon levels(you don't really need more), that's going to make another worthless roll on the item.
+/- in the quotes
As it is not specific enough and it will definitely be implemented in the next patch
A. Introduction public rooms that not only can specify MP lvl, but also can set minimum requirements such as paragon lvl, no AH players only, etc
B. Add an influence of the paragon lvls of your other characters to the lvl60 character you're playing atm in order to encourage playing other classes. This can be in the form of pickup radius, increased exp/MF/GF rate,...
Despite agreeing with most above, the transmutation should feel like gambling, so every item can only be modifed ONCE and you can not trade or sell the modifed item in any AH
C. Replace current auction system with Sealed first-price auction: In this type of auction all bidders simultaneously submit sealed bids so that no bidder knows the bid of any other participant. The highest bidder pays the price they submitted. (wiki)
No one will like this idea though XD
D. Mark items that have gone through trades or AH
E. Let them carry inventory
F. Option to mute them
Useful, but not something I'm excited for ^_^;;
G. Button to automatically sort your items
H. Button to link your stash to your other characters while in-game for the purpose of comparing items
I. Besides a shared stash, add a private stash
Edited by Schetenei#2934 on 04/11/2012 01:23 GMT
Public Games:- introduction of MP system (+1)
I support this. However Blizzard already has this planned and they openly said they are looking into this for future patches. Reason it did not ship with monster power is they needed to try a few implementation ideas which would have delayed the patch.
Character:- paragon levels provide a small increment to pickup radius, possibly 1 or 2 for every 10 levels gained (+2)
I oppose this. It would make pickup a useless affix end game. At the moment you need at least 1 piece of gear with +5-7 yards pickup.
Oppose this as well. Will give paragon level 100 players too much of an advantage.
Monsters:- reflect damage mobs have an aura, or are otherwise easily distinguishable and have a reduced spawning rate (+1)
Reflect damage is being overhauled by Blizzard. I have to oppose this because the reduced spawning rate is not a good solution.
I oppose this as it already does that. Surviving in MP10 already requires ultimate gear. Any class that can do it without ultimate gear needs balancing rather than making MP10 harder so many classes cannot do it.
I oppose this as it would make getting keys and organs too fast and easy. If this were to be implemented it would need an appropriate reduction on key and organ drop rates below 100% at MP10.
I oppose this as the intention of high MP is for bragging rights and challenge and not farming. Farming EXP is meant to be done at lower MP levels.
Crafting:- item socketing (+2)
I oppose this as it would make items with natural socket affixes worthless. They would be a waste of an affix since that affix could rather be used somewhere else and the item socketed. Only if all existing socketed items had their socket affix replaced with another random affix would this be supportable.
I support this as long as the cost is high. Incrementing from 79 all resistances to 80 should cost materials and gold in the range of 500k. Also would give a use to the currently removed third crafter.
I oppose this. Value of good legendaries would fall rock bottom. Also with the previous idea this would be redundant as even poor legendaries could be improved to perfect with enough gold.
I oppose this as people farm too much already. Next they would want portable vendors or automatic item hiding to hide items without good affixes.
I strongly support this. I would like to know what dialog, lore and art was created for her but removed in the beta.
Auction House:- option to have items that you can't afford remain hidden from view in the suggestions and search menu (+1)
Search already has this although improving it to include bids would be helpful. I support it only because suggestions does not so will suggest you stupid items.
I oppose this as this feature already exists. If you order by buyout one will show you the cheapest while the other will show you all items without buyout. You can also filter specifically for buyout only by entering a maximum buyout value in the appropriate box.
I oppose this strongly. Blizzard removed the feature described for a good reason. People used to put gems in to mess up your searches. For example if you wanted a helm with innate magic find all you would get were socketed helms with no magic find but with a gem giving magic find. As the gem adds more magic find than the helm affix this made it impossible to find helms with a socket and innate magic find. Sockets are the players choice and should not influence item value. I always remove sockets before selling items so the buyer can decide what he wants.
I support this only for convenience. At the moment you can only specify average damage which does not factor in weapon attack speed. Thus two weapons might deal the same DPS while one shoots faster with lower average damage than the other. For the most part this will not be useful at all as average weapon damage is often far more important than DPS as some skills such as resource spenders might not factor in attack speed.
I oppose this. It will mess up localized clients such as German clients where the thousand separator is a period instead of a comma. Frankly if people cannot count how many 0s they enter than they should learn to read and count. If anything an option should be added to show you the localized form of the number you entered before the item is listed in a confirmation window ("Are you sure you would like to sell X for Y gold?" where Y is localized like 1,000,000 in UK and US and 1.000.000 in mainland Europe).
I support this. It would be nice to know what the item sold for so you can bid more smartly in future.
I oppose this as robots can still abuse it. Instead implement a timing error to auction timeouts so they will end anywhere between 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after the specified time (with no way for client to know where in that 10 minute range it will end). This will encourage people to start placing their bids at 10 to 5 minutes before the auction reported end time and often allow for much extra time for people to compete bid.
Followers:- paragon levels for followers (+2)
I oppose this as it is discriminatory against players who like to play coop. Much rather get the follower to inherit the attribute bonus from paragon levels the player gains. This would act as an extra bonus for player paragon levels (makes follower stronger).
Companions:- tamed treasure goblins called via scrolls or bought from Mystic (0)
I oppose this on the grounds of it being unclear what this change would do. Nothing was defined for what the treasure goblin companion should do. This makes it too risky to support.
To tell what? Your zombie dogs? I oppose this because it would make classes with persistent followers have a farming advantage over classes without persistent followers. Also would give players robot like properties which is not the intent of the game. This is why the ferret companion of Demon Hunter has very slow gold pickup performance.
I oppose this for similar reasons to above. It would make players too robot like in that everything is done for them on the go. Blizzard already removed follower scrolls and the portable smith/shop for that reason.
Social interface:- introduction of optional status message next to name in friends menu (+2)
This is unclear however I support it as it sounds harmless enough.
Achievements:- making sure that all elite types spawn and are marked properly for kill (+1)
I strongly support this. That stupid Subjugator Champion is driving me crazy as I have killed them many times already.
I support this however there should be no need for this as the achievement already works properly. What might be happening is on Hell and Inferno he spawns archers instead of his normal skeletons which may not count. Simple solution is to fall back to normal mode, add 2-3 pieces of armor with level 63 life regeneration and no thorn damage and stand there afk for 5-10 minutes.
Buy Torchlight or Skyrim or Borderlands2..You will have much more fun..Dont waste your life hours on this. :DDid you really compared diablo with torchlight?
That game is crap.
Skyrim and borderlands are awesome but are different genre.
Posted by NihilusI can't have fun at lower MP but I also want to farm XP/items, why do I have to choose one or the other?
Edited by Lenor#2744 on 04/11/2012 01:59 GMT
OMG I honestly did not expect so detailed feedback. Thank you guys, glad to see I'm not the only one who cares ^_^
Social interface:- introduction of optional status message next to name in friends menu (+2)
It basically means have a little bit of text next to your name that says whatever you want.
- besides a shared stash, add a private stash (+1)
- limit amount of modifications that you ca do per item and make it account bound afterwards (+3)
- mark items that have gone through trades or AH (+2)
- add to them multiple item slots (+1)
- option to mute them (+2)
- replace current auction system with Sealed first-price auction: In this type of auction all bidders simultaneously submit sealed bids so that no bidder knows the bid of any other participant. The highest bidder pays the price they submitted. (0)
JUST PLEASE NO
Keep them coming!
Thank you once more, Lenor! It saddens me however that there are so few showing interest :(
But I will not drop the case any time soon and will continue to post both here and on the US forums until change is brought forth or resolve is utterly severed from me. xD
The US topic is not created just yet xD yesterday it kept giving me error 500, preventing me from posting. Now I'm thinking of letting this thread mature or extinguish and then port the results and continue the debate over there.
Moreover, I plan to bring the debate back on the EU forum after a while, hence the v1 in the title :P
DrSuperGood, I just got the Skeleton King achievement the way you said. Thank you so much!
I'm not removing it from the list though, because I'm not convinced that it works under every circumstance and the skeleton count did not display any change mid progress, it always appeared as if he had killed none of his followers, although this clearly was not the case.
This is another awesome idea and should be put up for voting.
Very great effort!
Love all your suggestions! Also the added bonuses to Paragon! They are actually the first sensible suggestions I have seen thus far (as in bonus to base pickup of 1 or 2 for every 10th level).
I hope at least some of the stuff will be integrated in 1.0.6.
+1 to all suggestions
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.