Diablo® III

Watchout! Fake Blizzard Emails.

Recived this scam mail, just posting it so noone falls for it.

--------------
Dear customer,

Because you are involved in the trading of gold and equipment.
legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client.
Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo III,
and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on.
We strongly recommend that you avoid using any hacks,
cheats, bots, or exploits.

Suspensions and bans of players that have used or start using cheats and hacks will
You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account. http://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Fd3%2Fen%2Findex&app=com-d3

* Account name
* Account password
* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.
Account security is incredibly important to us, and we hope that it's important to you,
too. If you have any additional security recommendations to add to this list,
please feel free to share them in the comments!

Account Administration Team
Diablo III World of Warcraft , Blizzard Entertainment 2012
-------------------
Sent from:rameah28@yahoo.com
Reply Quote
how stupid must you be to fall for that?
Reply Quote
Community
Thanks for the heads up Drizz :-)

06/11/2012 11:49Posted by JoeMaorian

Not sure it is always a matter of stupidity, I am certain good old fashioned ignorance is a factor as well. It should be fairly common knowledge by now that we will never ask for your password, but there are still people who seem to be unaware of this :-(
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 11:49Posted by JoeMaorian

Isn't it strange that if there is a scam you wouldn't fall for you call who do, stupid. And if there is a scam you fell for, then it was a good deception?
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 13:46Posted by Vaneras
It should be fairly common knowledge by now that we will never ask for your password, but there are still people who seem to be unaware of this :-(

May be this statement or an edited version, needs to be shown somewhere with big letters, so everybody can see it at least once.
Reply Quote
28 Undead Rogue
06/11/2012 14:00Posted by BarcaS

Isn't it strange that if there is a scam you wouldn't fall for you call who do, stupid. And if there is a scam you fell for, then it was a good deception?

Well, it's a bit stupid in this case because it defies logic.
Verifying your account can in no way prove that you are not involved in trading gold and equipment (how is trading equipment even against the rules for D3?). Or that you play with an unaltered client.

Of course, that's not how it works for people who fall for these scams. They don't even read the message carefully, they panic. And when you panic, you do stupid things.
Reply Quote
06/11/2012 14:16Posted by Margrath
Of course, that's not how it works for people who fall for these scams. They don't even read the message carefully, they panic. And when you panic, you do stupid things.

You just gave the answer yourself.

Bear in mind there a lot of kids out here and people not very well versed in the terms of computers and technology and these scams target those groups.

It defies the logic, aye - so do all those chain letters on FB with "If you like this, FB will donate 50cents for some poor kid surgery" etc etc, but the people still do it without giving it the 2nd thought.

That doesn't make them stupid (well, some of them to be real) just as the blue one said, ignorant.
Reply Quote
Not everyone has used Internet since early nineties, so they don't know all the possible dangers.
Reply Quote

I never fell for a scam that cost me 60 euro, or anything, and i call it stupid, because you just have to think for 1 second - "could it be possible for me to pretend im blizzard and try to get someones acc info? yep, so maybe i should double check this, i mean, my junk email is FULL OF SCAMM MAIL".

And talking about age - i think everyone of us got excited about how "we just won million dollars click here to get it", and wouldnt get tricked ever after.
Edited by JoeMaorian#2902 on 06/11/2012 14:59 GMT
Reply Quote
28 Undead Rogue

You just gave the answer yourself.

Ah yes, but I was not really asking a question, or agreeing or disagreeing with anyone. Just wanted to share my opinion about the matter.
Reply Quote
But what is the scam here? - just suggesting people are thick/stupid/deserve to be hacked isn't actually helping anyone.

The email is obviously fake, but the link (after inspecting the href of the anchor) doesn't appear to be:

http://us.battle.net/login/en/?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Fd3%2Fen%2Findex&app=com-d3

Unless of course battle.net is doing something it shouldn't be?
Reply Quote
Thanks for the heads up Drizz :-)

Not sure it is always a matter of stupidity, I am certain good old fashioned ignorance is a factor as well. It should be fairly common knowledge by now that we will never ask for your password, but there are still people who seem to be unaware of this :-(

How about make a Sticky thread with all this info regarding this scamming emails? warning ppl that dont have ur kind of knowledge to this huge scamming problem it´s a duty of blizz.
Reply Quote
This is happening in the game too.I keep receiving Diablo 3 whispers when im playing that there is an unknown board plug-in and i need to confirm my account in (Insert link with turkish domain here , they changed it to net because nobody fell for it)By Blizzard005,Blizzard001, Diablo3GM and etc.Its just a phishing attempt.
Reply Quote
Its great that you post this Drizz! Thanks, i will watch out for this.
Reply Quote
Yeah, experiencing this as well. Getting 2-3 phishing mails per day and it's getting quite annoying + filling my email space -.-
Reply Quote
I would say that there is atleast, 3 easy ways to see that this is a scam:
number 1, it want you to give them you password.
number 2, it is writen in a unprofessional langauge.
and nmuber 3, the email adress is a yahoo mail, and blizzard use blizzard.com mails.
Edited by Diablo#2810 on 06/11/2012 18:17 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
06/11/2012 13:46Posted by Vaneras

06/11/2012 14:07Posted by hANNO
May be this statement or an edited version, needs to be shown somewhere with big letters, so everybody can see it at least once.

It's all over the place.. login screen, forums,account pages, all mails.. not sure how they can say it clearer.. U people just need to open your eyes for more than just brown and green text ingame.. Nothing personal
Reply Quote
rameah28@yahoo.com

rameah28@yahoo.com
rameah28@yahoo.com
rameah28@yahoo.com
!!!

enough said
Reply Quote
u want to fill his inbox with !@#$?
Reply Quote
Still think it was a nice idea to put on the forums - lapse of concentration, mind on other things etc could lead to someone making a mistake.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]