Diablo® III

A monk's best ring in combo with natalya's

Hello fellow monk. So as the title says, wihc is the best ring for a monk (natalya's is a must so what about the other one?). I was thinking about Unity. Is there an alternative? thnx
Reply Quote
My hellfire ring? :P sorry couldn't resist.
Reply Quote
you got OP rolls, it doesn't count!
Reply Quote
yeah @legendary, not everyone is lucky with rolls like that :P
Reply Quote
Probably Stone of Jordan. For farming it has +Sweeping Winds damage and +Spirit Regeneration, for elites it has up to +30% extra damage, in addition to the +6% elemental bonus. I don't think another ring can come close to matching that, though I suppose a good trifecta Hellfire/Rare can be quite effective as well.
Reply Quote
Stone of Jordan if you have good gear and only need raw damage.

Unity if u need some extra LoH support.

Rare rolls with double resistance and vit if u need to survive and you really cant...
Edited by Gatsu#2303 on 24/11/2012 13:40 GMT
Reply Quote
Nono, natalyas isnt a must. You need like 500mil to get a decent one. Doing fine without :)
Reply Quote
You need a lot of DPS against elites/bosses, not against white mobs. I don't think even very good trifecta ring provides more than 25% of your entire DPS (assuming that the rest of gear is also equally good).
Because of that: Stone of Jordan, either with FoT or Sweeping Wind bonus.
Reply Quote
Yeah, that also. On nat's, you need more than 500m to get a combination that beats a 150m setup made of Ice climbers and rare ring.
Reply Quote
Well, if the Nat's ring drops for you in-game (as it did for me) then it's quite cheap!

I messed around with various rings (Litany of the Undead etc) but in the end found a Unity ring on the AH which helped with damage.

+29-61 Damage, +160 Dex, +228 LoH, +47% CHD, +4.5 CHC, 3% Increased damage against elites.

While the LoH is average my character has 6% LS on the weapons. So, I was more interested in the CHC/CHD.

There is no one right combination for a Monk build. The whole thing is a puzzle where some equipment is suited to the build and other are not.
Reply Quote
all good advices here, thnx. Do i have ot search for stone of jordan on each one to get the on with lighting bonus and sw cuz there aren't any choices in ah. it sucks
Edited by AreoHotah#2749 on 24/11/2012 19:35 GMT
Reply Quote
Yes - searching for the right class (as each ring has specific bonuese that are only specific to one class) let alone the ring you want is a bit of a pain in the rear.

I can understand not having all possible serch criteria in the list (as it would make the list too long) but....
Reply Quote
Just do this:

Choose "Armor" -> Choose "All Items Armor Types" -> Bonus Vs Elites: 20-30 -> Choose Monk Skill (like FoT ect) -> Hit Search.

You don't need to have "Add Lightning damage" on your Stone of Jordan because it doenst matter if its Lightning Damage, Poison damage or Holy ect. The damage will just be the same. Just search for a ring with High Damage Vs. Elite and FoT/Sweeping Wind ect
Reply Quote
How to search for SoJ:

#1 Select Armor -> Any

#2 Select: Bonus Damage vs. Elites -> 20

#3 Select: Monk Skill Bonus (FoT / Sweeping Wind)

#4 Enjoy!

EDIT: Nooo beaten in speed! Also, a side note on the elemental damage: it does matter! Cold damage actually slows enemies. The others are the same though, that's true!
Edited by Hinnyu#2473 on 24/11/2012 20:50 GMT
Reply Quote
@ShadowHunter & Hinnya - thanks for that it works fine.

Maybe I need a bit of 'lateral thinking'....
Reply Quote
How to search for SoJ:

#1 Select Armor -> Any

#2 Select: Bonus Damage vs. Elites -> 20

#3 Select: Monk Skill Bonus (FoT / Sweeping Wind)

#4 Enjoy!

EDIT: Nooo beaten in speed! Also, a side note on the elemental damage: it does matter! Cold damage actually slows enemies. The others are the same though, that's true!

On a side side note: Cold damage doesnt work with Thunderclap, so unless you switch to a less efficient attack, it has no reason to be preferred over anything else..
Reply Quote
@sholyn

how the hell u equip a sun keeper to ench.
Reply Quote
Well, if the Nat's ring drops for you in-game (as it did for me) then it's quite cheap!

please you clearly are rmah user..
Reply Quote
@sholyn

how the hell u equip a sun keeper to ench.
Enchantress can equip Maces. does not matter if it's 1h or 2h. Tho the magic find is more efficient on templar since you can equip a shield on him.
Reply Quote

please you clearly are rmah user..

The Nat's ring really did drop for me in-game. So what if I did get the other items from the AH and not the RMAH as you claim? I presume you're going to claim you've never got anything from the AH? Post your profile and let us see.

If you play at a high enough Paragon Level and Monster Power level the boost in magic find is very nice.

With the five nephalem kills my Magic Find goes over 400% - and the only magic find I have on me is the follower.

I get at least two legendary drops for each run I make - through part of an act. Some of them are even decent and don't get sold to the vendor or salvaged. I've even had set drops that either make a very nice amount of money on the AH or will be used when some of my other characters get to level 60.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]