Diablo® III

what happened at dreamhack?

at the blue post it said that diablo discussion will take place at 24-25 but I searched all the sites and found nothing, has any1 got any info?
Reply Quote
Wondering as well.
Reply Quote
Community
Nothing new was announced at DreamHack.

We had a roundtable discussion at the event with a nice group of players who all signed up for it. It was mostly an informal face to face talk about the state of the game and its future.

People there shared their opinions on what they think is fun or less fun to do in the game, including what their goals typically are when they log in. We also talked about all the content that had been added since release, and whether or not that content has improved the game. We of course also talked about potential future changes or improvements that are wanted or needed the most.

The coolest thing about the discussion was that we had a lot of different types of players there, all with different opinions and interests, which helped balance the discussion quite well I think. There were a couple of guys in there who were very hardcore theorycrafters and min-maxers, some guys there were primarily interested is PvP, some people were very into lore and story, others who prefer a more relaxed game-play while hacking and slashing through hordes of mobs, we saw solo players as well as group players, and of course there were those with heavy interest in economy and crafting.
Reply Quote
^This looks like very good news to me.
Reply Quote
Nothing new was announced at DreamHack.

We had a roundtable discussion at the event with a nice group of players who all signed up for it. It was mostly an informal face to face talk about the state of the game and its future.

People there shared their opinions on what they think is fun or less fun to do in the game, including what their goals typically are when they log in. We also talked about all the content that had been added since release, and whether or not that content has improved the game. We of course also talked about potential future changes or improvements that are wanted or needed the most.

The coolest thing about the discussion was that we had a lot of different types of players there, all with different opinions and interests, which helped balance the discussion quite well I think. There were a couple of guys in there who were very hardcore theorycrafters and min-maxers, some guys there were primarily interested is PvP, some people were very into lore and story, others who prefer a more relaxed game-play while hacking and slashing through hordes of mobs, we saw solo players as well as group players, and of course there were those with heavy interest in economy and crafting.

You seemed to have missed a couple of, rather large, demographics. The botters and exploiters.
Reply Quote
Im impressed with blizzards willingness to learn from the players. This is nice to see.
Edited by Ins#2510 on 28/11/2012 10:47 GMT
Reply Quote
Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote
We of course also talked about potential future changes or improvements that are wanted or needed the most.

Can you elaborate on that one a little bit, please?
Edited by CuttRogue#2836 on 28/11/2012 11:18 GMT
Reply Quote
You seemed to have missed a couple of, rather large, demographics. The botters and exploiters.

:D:D:D
Reply Quote
I hope at least one of them was an hardcore player so you would finally acknowledge the severe issues in hardcore that ruin the game for every single hardcore player out there.

We need some faith into the D/C issues, currently the community has zero of it.
Reply Quote
you really should have streamed or filmed this discussion. id really like to hear it.
Reply Quote

WELL said!

Bearinf in mind that these groups probably outnumber the genuine players now, you'd think they'd have invited a few, even if appearing anonymously : - 0

Maybe speaking from behind a screen hehe, with a disguised voice haha.
Reply Quote
Community

Are you seriously saying that you would like us to listen to those?
Reply Quote
28/11/2012 12:32Posted by Vaneras

Yes. To find out how they do the things they do, how they still are able to do what they do and maybe figure out how to end it.
Reply Quote

If you're not doing anything against them, maybe you should start listen to them, else they will end up becomming your only custommers.
Reply Quote

Sorry, this response representing Blizzard is just plain wrong. See above.
Reply Quote
28/11/2012 12:34Posted by Rhye
Yes. To find out how they do the things they do, how they still are able to do what they do and maybe figure out how to end it.

28/11/2012 12:35Posted by Diablo
If you're not doing anything against them, maybe you should start listen to them, else they will end up becomming your only custommers.

28/11/2012 12:40Posted by kamikazekuso

Are you really naive enough to think botters try to help Blizzard prevent bots from working? That's a terrible attempt at trolling. If you're going to troll the forum, at least do a decent job.
Edited by Consider#2980 on 28/11/2012 12:46 GMT
Reply Quote
28/11/2012 12:43Posted by Consider

Are you really naive enough to think botters try to help Blizzard prevent bots from working? That's a terrible attempt at trolling. If you're going to troll the forum, at least do a decent job.

Don't ever accuse me of trolling when I'm simply answering a blue with a serious response. I would track down botters and talk to as many as possible, to find out what weaknesses they are exploiting. If Blizzard have no ways of stopping them at this point, then why not go to the source?

I understand botters won't show up at dreamhack and say "hi, I'm a botter" but my point is still the same: I would sleep better at night knowing Blizzard tried to find out everything they could about botters.
Reply Quote
28/11/2012 12:49Posted by Rhye
I would track down botters and talk to as many as possible, to find out what weaknesses they are exploiting.

There are some pretty well known websites which promote botting, and I'm inclined to assume that the guys you contact when you e-mail hacks@blizzard.com eat the cost of premium membership so that they can gather information from as many sources as possible. But to imply that someone who uses or creates a bot will willingly tell Blizzard how to break the bot is ludicrous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]