Diablo® III

Crit chance cap on overpower? Can anyone tell me why?

Oke so i just got my sweet as s new hat and now with all my awesome buffs and stuff + scoundrel (with +3%cc) I have 75.5 crit chance, which is sweet and all but i want more. so i use overpower with killing spree for +10% cc. what happens I cap my cc on 83% (same if i use best served cold instead of killing spree). But with WotB i do get the full 10% to 85.5 but if i cast overpower or revenge it caps at 93%. WHY?
Edited by Rik#2881 on 05/12/2012 04:43 GMT
Reply Quote
i see that my profile isn't updated yet its a natalya helmet with 6% crit
Reply Quote
There is no cap on CC matey.

Here I gear to 80% CC (on sheet) and 90% (on sheet) with Beserker.

As Hammer of the Ancients gives you another 20-25% CC with full fury pool, I use the unforgiving passive to demonstrate 100% crits on Hota's at full fury pool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYrqDyTndpM

This and many other extreme barb videos are available to you at -

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847815465

EDIT - bear in mind that affixes on gear that add CC for a SKILL - DO NOT show on your character sheet as they are skill-specific.

For example, I have a helm on my WD that adds 5.5 CC (on sheet), plus another 6% CC on Acid Cloud. This does NOT show on sheet, even when I use the acid cloud skill. I also have 13% CC on my amulet for this skill. The same applies, you DO benefit from the extra CC when killing mobs, just not on the sheet pal.
Edited by Wired#2524 on 05/12/2012 11:27 GMT
Reply Quote
To Wired; that's not what he is talking about, he says that Overpower with the +10% crit chance doesn't give him full 10% crit chance, but instead gives him only about 8%. WotB gives him +10%, but not overpower :)

At OP; It looks pretty weird to me, have you looked in the bug forum?
Reply Quote
the most probable answer is that u lost, expired, the battle rage buff which gives 3cc not only 15% damage.

make sure u have battle rage active in both situations.
Reply Quote
To Wired; that's not what he is talking about, he says that Overpower with the +10% crit chance doesn't give him full 10% crit chance, but instead gives him only about 8%. WotB gives him +10%, but not overpower :)

Hmmm, yes I see, it should show 85.5, not 83% with kill spree. Guess can only be a bug, but my point was that there is no cap per se as you can see from the sheet CC in the video.
Reply Quote
the most probable answer is that u lost, expired, the battle rage buff which gives 3cc not only 15% damage.

make sure u have battle rage active in both situations

i am confident that this is not the case, because when i switch out my lacunis for some 6 cc rara bracers i hit the same 83% cap on overpower.

05/12/2012 11:37Posted by Wired
Hmmm, yes I see, it should show 85.5, not 83% with kill spree. Guess can only be a bug, but my point was that there is no cap per se as you can see from the sheet CC in the video.

yeah it looks like its is only a cap for overpower because WotB does give me the full 10% even after i hit the so called cap of 83% i get up to 93% with WotB.

You are right. And I will make a thread in bug forum then since you guys seem to agree that this should not be intended.

thanks for the responses.

ps. Wired is it possible for you to try to get over 83%cc with overpower and see if you get capped or will that cost allot of money?
Reply Quote
I can confirm this behavior as well:

With 10% cc shield & passives - crit chance is 72%
Activate battle rage - CC is now 75%
Activate killing spree - CC is now 83%
Activate WoTB - CC is now 93%
Killing Spree timesout - CC is now 85%
Activete killing spree - CC is now 93%

Leave game, to reset everything.
Remove 10% cc shield - crit chance is 62%
Activate battle rage - CC is now 65%
Activate killing spree - CC is now 75%
Activate WoTB - CC is now 85%
Killing Spree timesout - CC is now 75%
Activete killing spree - CC is now 85%
Add 10% cc shield - CC is now 93%

Something is definately bugged/capped or whatever. Incidently, the JSON API propery name for crit chance does have the word 'capped' in its name - "crit-percent-bonus-capped".
Edited by Khazul#2940 on 05/12/2012 16:15 GMT
Reply Quote
05/12/2012 16:14Posted by Khazul
Something is definately bugged/capped or whatever. Incidently, the JSON API propery name for crit chance does have the word 'capped' in its name - "crit-percent-bonus-capped".

Que ? lol

It appears to be a bug that to be honest is not a game breaker, however it would be nice to see ALL modifiers of CC included and reflected in the sheet I agree.
Reply Quote
05/12/2012 16:14Posted by Khazul

Thanks for showing that you hit the same cap. This at least gives me some relief that it is not something weird with my char or anything.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
05/12/2012 23:07Posted by Rik
something weird with my char or anything

Or something "wired"? LOL
Reply Quote
06/12/2012 13:39Posted by OioxFûl
Or something "wired"? LOL

Yeah that would be the worst.
Reply Quote
fyi THEY STILL DIDN"T FIX THIS, i posted this in 11/09/2013

To start off I have 67% critical hit chance with battle rage skill on.

Next if I use the skill "over power 10% cc" it goes up the 10% like normal

So now i'm at 77% crit chance, SO this is where the problem occurs....

When I use my last skill "revenge 10% cc" it ONLY goes up 6% cc

With my final being 83% cc...

PS: it doesn't matter if I do the skill revenge or overpower first, outcome is the same vice versa with 83% cc

Unless theres some kind of cap I dont know about, somethings wrong here xd
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]