14 Manareg
10% Critical hit Chance
4% Dmg vs Elites
2 Sec. reduced cooldown on Wall of zombies

highest bid is 130m at the moment
Edited by chaosman#2980 on 09/12/2012 21:25 GMT
Reply Quote
im also offering this mojo in the german trade forum

if you dont understand any german you should see at least the bids there ;)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/forum/topic/5967269606

the new highest bid is 150 mio @german boards
Edited by Takralus on 07/12/2012 14:17 GMT
Reply Quote
@Takralus
maybe i get your attention when i write an answer here

I know that bumping is not allowed without adding new information that you can add to your thread. So i thought i could add the new bids to get the thread to the top again (please read till the end ;)). I know its hard to run a forum this huge - im mod at 2 forums of german online games (only 5000 players per game) and even there we have enough problems with spam. In our Trade Forums we dont have a limit of bumps or something like that but its still hard, at least sometimes... especially on the RPG boards.
Lets be honest - most of the people here at the forums are random buyers. So they browse the trade forum, see a great item and bid on it. They dont search for a particular item. Most of them wouldn't even know that the zuni mojo can roll as good as mine. When they don't see an item they can't bid on it and the item remains unsold. Which pages would you read if you don't really need an item but still would like to see the newest offers (im sure your answer as a mod will be every thread that isnt grey - but think of the normal players)? I think most people would look at the whole first page. Maybe some will look also on the 2. one, but after around 20h you are at page 3. Noone will see a thread on page 3 without using the search. Unfortunately our imaginary random bidder has no idea that he would like to have this mojo here, so he does not know that he has to search for it and so he wont bid on the item.
So what I don't understand is this thing - why dont you guys allow one bump (a real bump without adding any information) all 24h after the last post - not your last post but the last post in the whole thread? It would prevent all the people from creating new threads again and again. But it seems that this is the only solution at the moment if you really want to sell something.

Oh and i have a second question - it seems that you guys are a bit stressed of the work here, how many guys are moderating the trade forum? 2? Especially in the evening we get more and more spam here. Also the goldsellers are creating more and more threads in the evening (over the day you do real good jobs by the way ;)) I think you are doing this for free, without beeing employees of blizzard, like i am doing my mod-job for free. Its something we do for free for a better community and a better athmosphere in the forum during our FREE time. But sadly most guys only see the evil mods and complain about the moderating style. So if you guys need some help with moderating - especially in the evening - feel free to write me ;)

I would be happy to get an answer from you ;) And sorry for this wall of text
Reply Quote
Community
As soon as you allow any bumping, it gets out of hand as people bump more and more to stay ahead of the game. We've discussed this extensively in the team recently; We know everyone's keen to sell their items, but unless we stamp out bumping altogether, the entire front 2 pages are virtually nothing but bumps.

We don't mind people adding information and answering questions, but updates should be added via editing your last post, not making a new post to stealth bump your thread.
Reply Quote
oh thanks for your answer :)

do you really think that it gets out of control when you allow one bump in 24h? The users that break this rule get banned for 1 day and then they might have learned something. If they break the rules again they get banned for 3 days, then 7 days and so on till they learn something.

so what would you do if you have something that you want to offer in the trade forum and noone bids on it but your price is already as low as possible? When you can be sure that your item is great - create a new thread every 2 or 3 days? Do a "stealth bump"? The sad truth is that its the only way to get some attention to your threads, which will result in getting something sold.
Reply Quote
Bumping should be allowed at least every 5 hours(the most popular trading forum allows a bump every 4 hours). The only other alternative is making a new topic.
Reply Quote
07/12/2012 19:23Posted by hampster
Bumping should be allowed at least every 5 hours(the most popular trading forum allows a bump every 4 hours). The only other alternative is making a new topic.

thank you for your opinion, maybe we can get an other post from takralus about my last post? i would really appreciate that ;)
by the way - i also use this popular trading forum you mentioned - but i really think 4h is a bit too often, it works really well there, but the only reason is that they have a ton of mods. The trade forum here has 2 or maybe 3, I dont really know the number but i cant remember seeing more blue names than three here.
the best way to control the bumps would be to have a timer like there- you see the exact time till you can bump your topic again - and whenever there is any post in the topic the timer resets to 4h.

wuha the forum works again :)
Reply Quote
add me - maybe you are interested in some items i have
Reply Quote
09/12/2012 21:37Posted by ADIIKAA92
add me - maybe you are interested in some items i have

added you - msg me when you are online ;)

maybe we can get an answer today on:

oh thanks for your answer :)

do you really think that it gets out of control when you allow one bump in 24h? The users that break this rule get banned for 1 day and then they might have learned something. If they break the rules again they get banned for 3 days, then 7 days and so on till they learn something.

so what would you do if you have something that you want to offer in the trade forum and noone bids on it but your price is already as low as possible? When you can be sure that your item is great - create a new thread every 2 or 3 days? Do a "stealth bump"? The sad truth is that its the only way to get some attention to your threads, which will result in getting something sold.

by the way - i reported ~300 threads over the weekend because of bumps - why are so many of them still there? are you only deleting the threads that are on the first 2 sites? yesteday my thread was on page 9 after 18h without a bump - there should really be someone also on the weekends who watches over the forum
Edited by chaosman#2980 on 10/12/2012 17:00 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
10/12/2012 16:54Posted by chaosman
by the way - i reported ~300 threads over the weekend because of bumps - why are so many of them still there? are you only deleting the threads that are on the first 2 sites? yesteday my thread was on page 9 after 18h without a bump - there should really be someone also on the weekends who watches over the forum

We are working through them, I assure you. Every reported post is looked at and dealt with by a moderator, whereas unreported ones are only attended to if we are able to check each thread manually. This is why we encourage people to report bumping as much as possible. Therefore, we can prevent the kind of situation you mentioned about an 18 hour old post being on page 9.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 18:20Posted by Takralus

We are working through them, I assure you. Every reported post is looked at and dealt with by a moderator, whereas unreported ones are only attended to if we are able to check each thread manually. This is why we encourage people to report bumping as much as possible. Therefore, we can prevent the kind of situation you mentioned about an 18 hour old post being on page 9.

You guys are professional when it comes to banning/deleting innocent players topics/accounts.

In a perfect world, I wish you had the same skills to ban the spammers and scammers.

Let me give you this e-mail for example that they sent to me after saying "up" in one of my topics. I was actually banned for 6 days and sent to them an e-mail saying "REALLY?" with more details, of course.

And this was their reply :

Greetings,

Thanks for your email. We do not typically respond to emails requesting for temporary suspensions to be removed, as usually they expire relatively quickly. Oh, really?. I should be grateful that you guys even replied to me, right?.

The fact that other people are breaking the forum rules does not justify you breaking them as well. Your suspension will not be lifted as you deliberately chose to ignore the forum rules and bump your thread. There is even a sticky thread in the trading forum clearly warning you not to bump threads, yet you chose to disregard it.

Please rest assured that anyone found to be violating the forum rules will have action taking against them!

We consider this matter closed. Further emails about this or related matters may not be responded to.

Kind regards,
The Community Team
Blizzard Entertainment Europe

Funny thing is, many many players are getting scammed every day and the scammers are out there having fun, gearing up and scamming other people and of course countless people are "bumping" their threads without anything happening to them. You just have to be lucky I guess.
Edited by Skill#2200 on 11/12/2012 18:37 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
11/12/2012 18:22Posted by Skill
You guys are professional when it comes to banning/deleting innocent players topics/accounts.

To avoid derailing this topic any further, I'll make this my last comment here. The forum rules are quite clear, especially when it comes to bumping threads (see the sticky), so we don't consider those who choose to ignore the rules as innocent, exactly. As someone said earlier, you shouldn't have to see your trade thread buried under a mountain of bumps, and we're trying to see that it doesn't happen.

Please try to remain on-topic from this point, guys.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 18:50Posted by Takralus

To avoid derailing this topic any further, I'll make this my last comment here. The forum rules are quite clear, especially when it comes to bumping threads (see the sticky), so we don't consider those who choose to ignore the rules as innocent, exactly. As someone said earlier, you shouldn't have to see your trade thread buried under a mountain of bumps, and we're trying to see that it doesn't happen.

All right, I won't defend nor say anything that will support my argument just one last thing, please pardon me if what I said was harsh or impolite.
It wasn't meant to be like that. Love & peace :P
Edited by Skill#2200 on 11/12/2012 19:07 GMT
Reply Quote
the best way to close banning issue in the trade forum is to do something like d2jsp forums have. if you post in trade, you cant add another post if the previous post was yours. of course over there its a 4hour block but here it should be more like 6 i think
Reply Quote

thanks for your answer - lets get back on topic here - so please no more discussion on the forum rules in here - maybe we should have a discussion about the forum rules in the general forum or in a seperate thread but not in here ;)

to get back to my mojo - the current highest bid is still at 150m (if someone doesnt want to search in here for the highest bid) - now its also finally included into diabloprogress! so feel free to search it there to check the stats on your chars
Edited by chaosman#2980 on 12/12/2012 20:41 GMT
Reply Quote
nice mojo, thatll go 4 alot
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]