Diablo® III

YOU ARE ALL WRONG. MP9-10 IS MUCH EFFICIENT THAN MP0-3

(Locked)

1)For rares:
MP0: you default MF is 100, cap MF is 375. So your total MF is 475.
MP10: you default MF is 100 unchanged, cap MF is 625. SO you total MF is 725.
725/ 425= 1.526. This means you have 1.526 times better chance to have 1 magic affixe on the dropped loots.

Nowdays, Most of all the gody or 5m+ items will have 6 affixes. So. 1.526 x 1.526 x 1.526 x1.526 x 1.526 x 1.526= 12.827. This means you have 12.827 times better chance roll an 6 affixes items on MP10 than MP0.

Also, On MP10, 100% extra items will drop than MP0. let say you are farming 5 times slower on MP10 than MP0. So 12.827 x 2.0/5 = 5.14.
[u]
THE CONCLUSION IS THAT YOU WILL LOOT 5.14 TIMES MORE 6 AFFIXES ITEMS ON MP10 THAN MP0 PER HOUR.[/u]

2) For legendaries
Although you MF is only 1.526 more on MP10 than MP0, the drop chance / MF ratio for legendaries is not linear, please note that it is not linear. I don't know the formular behind ,maybe squared or cubed or 4 or 5. However, you always can test it out. Based on my experience( i am a monk , I farm MP0 from para lvl 50-85 using TR build, farm MP9 from para lvl 86-99 using sweeping wind working machnism by swiching gears). MP9 LEG drop rate per hours is about 2 times more than farming MP0.

Note that I do ALK run on MP0 in 10-13 times including ID time. and I do it on MP9 in 30-40 mins. about 75-80% of LEGs are dropped from white mobs while doing ALK run on MP9.
07/12/2012 11:04Posted by Freddymonk
let say you are farming 5 times slower on MP10 than MP0

Well, I dont thing that 100% health pool on MP0 vs 3439% health pool on MP10 is 5 times slower.
Just saying ..
The only un-certain thing is that: will Blizzard change the formular of drop chance/MF ratio for ledgendaries every day or every week or every month?

Of course they will do it without telling you, it's all depend on how the shape of AH looking.
To op:
http://www.deviantart.com/download/129023693/The_Stupid__It_Burns_by_Plognark.png
07/12/2012 11:20Posted by klayman
let say you are farming 5 times slower on MP10 than MP0

Well, I dont thing that 100% health pool on MP0 vs 3439% health pool on MP10 is 5 times slower.
Just saying ..

well, you will spend 75-80% of time on walking doing MP0, if your dps is above 100k.

Test it out your self instead questioning. I have tested out by my self.
You apparently have no clue how MF and drops work. All your calculations are terribly wrong. I am too lazy to write more or find a link for you to learn. Try google.

Cheers.
You apparently have no clue how MF and drops work. All your calculations are terribly wrong. I am too lazy to write more or find a link for you to learn. Try google.

Cheers.

Have you test it out? i have tested it out.
as i said above , bliizard will change the MF formular without telling you, you know they always do that.

they may change the formular every day, week or month. So people will get more reward on higher MP lvl and willing to play higher MP.
07/12/2012 11:27Posted by Freddymonk

Just saying ..

well, you will spend 75-80% of time on walking doing MP0, if your dps is above 100k.

I think you don't know where to farm then.

I think you don't know where to farm then.

Monk play style is completey different from DH, m8. Test it out before you disagree with me.
You better remove the CAPS title or your thread will be removed.

Also, you better not be in a Mathematics School, you will suck at it.
Edited by Skill#2200 on 07/12/2012 11:49 GMT

No don't spend 75-80% walking. Why would I do that?

Semipermanent Vault + Tactical Advantage + Shadow Power (shadow glide) = little time walking.

As for the "calculations"... here is a page for some MF education:
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/

You're welcome.

No don't spend 75-80% walking. Why would I do that?

Semipermanent Vault + Tactical Advantage + Shadow Power (shadow glide) = little time walking.

As for the "calculations"... here is a page for some MF education:
http://www.diablofans.com/topic/57939-magic-find-and-its-efficiency-a-statistical-insight/

You're welcome.

As i said, Bilzzard may will adjust or change their MF formaul may be every 1month or every week without tell you, m8.

So the page you provied might out of date.
Troll post

As i said, Bilzzard may will adjust or change their MF formaul may be every 1month or every week without tell you, m8.

Then your calculations are also "out of date" and invalid? ;)
Who the Hell really cares...

I poop most days but sometimes its on a Wednesday and then on a Friday and Saturday. On Mondays I eat pizzas and Tuesdays I have a lie in. Sundays I have a bath and most days I fart. But I did notice that my chance of feeling light headed because of a greater drop rate did sometimes occur if I had a good curry or some bad fish.

The drop rate is about as much affected as the year I decided to count all the snowflakes that dropped on my lawn before Christmas. Yes a total waste of time. Probably summed up in the old joke of:

How do you confuse a simpleton? Line up a row of shovels and ask him to take his pick. :-O

Just settle with it, there is nothing to be earned and no amount of statistical analysis is going to improve the results in accordance with how you feel today. Its a time sink, a forlorn hope magnet, a mindless drone encumbered nil RL value game.

I wont pay the bills, it wont develop you RL career and it wont save you from poverty. Its just a collection of bits and bytes programmed to introduce hope in an otherwise worthless environment.

Now that you know that, sit back and enjoy the time you have just clicking and collecting more vapour mats and stats.

Happy Hunting...

Then your calculations are also "out of date" and invalid? ;)

I played last night. Farming MP9 ALK run 30-40mins per run. I will get 2 LEGs per run in average.

You don't have to believe me, try it out by yourself if you are interested.
well you are math is very wrong, but this:

07/12/2012 11:04Posted by Freddymonk
Also, On MP10, 100% extra items will drop than MP0. let say you are farming 5 times slower on MP10 than MP0. So 12.827 x 2.0/5 = 5.14.

is incredibly stupid :)

You can farm mp10 efficiently with 500-700K DPS .... otherwise its not worth it
Efficient is not a general statement in a game like this different gears, different builds, etc

The most efficient is the one the player can do the fastest with the fewest deaths possible, my witch doctor can only keep movement speed high by getting kills to reduce cooldown on spirit walk the farming speed requires a constant stream of death, if my dps was high enough that MP3 mobs died instantly, I would be just as fast as MP0 runs with better Xp and loot.

Games like this work on breakpoints, for farming its how can i kill and still keep moving, once MP0 becomes a cakewalk, then bump up MP levels until you hit a speed bump.

The highest MP is always better, the reason high MP is a false economy for most people is that the health and damage scale on an incline whereas magic and gold find bonuses are set at a flat rate.

If a run takes 10 mins on mp0 but mp5 takes 15, i'll run mp5, if it takes 1h30 and i die 3 times, i'm not going to bother with MP5.
well you are math is very wrong, but this:

is incredibly stupid :)

You can farm mp10 efficiently with 500-700K DPS .... otherwise its not worth it

Believe me or not. invite me in game, we can play together tonight for 1 or 2 runs.

Do you know what is seeeping wind working machnism? How is works?

answer the above 2 questions before you say stupid.
nice math... but then again its wrong
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]