Diablo® III

Whats the scamming policy of blizzard?

Did anyone ever have any luck getting back anything?
item in question:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6134403423
Reply Quote
Nope. They DO ban some players at hacks@blizzard.com though, IF you email and others do the same.

Don't even bother with a ticket, the muppets can't even string together a sentence there, it's all copy and pasted stuff thst often has no bearing on the problem you have, let alone a solution !

Also, use www.d3blacklist.com to name and shame and help others.
Reply Quote
Nope. They DO ban some players at hacks@blizzard.com though, IF you email and others do the same.

Don't even bother with a ticket, the muppets can't even string together a sentence there, it's all copy and pasted stuff thst often has no bearing on the problem you have, let alone a solution !

Also, use www.d3blacklist.com to name and shame and help others.

Thanks man i guess, I'm just so freaking pissed right now after spending so much time on my barba last month, and like that 1 good item drops and i get scammed like a !@#$ing puppet because of greed.
Why isn't that site advertised more it's really awesome.
Seem liek the guy that scammed me has been reported several times, could have saved myself 300mill gold :\
Funny part is where hes selling items on the trade forums. Guess people don't mind buying from scammers -.-
Reply Quote
The person doing the scamming would be subject to account penalties...

Diablo III Account Penalties Policy
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-account-penalties-policy
Reply Quote
i dunno from what ive got from support was that i can go !@#$ myself, even tho i attached the logs.
my belt is on ah for 180 eur i doubt they do anything at all.
Reply Quote
Community
We do take action against scammers and other wrongdoers, but we cannot act on reports posted on the forums.

Please follow the steps outlined in the following thread about reporting scams:
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5071567383
Reply Quote
Vaneras, 5 months ago I reported someone through those channels and I was informed they could do nothing about it, at the time it was an item worth roughly 45 million and they basically said "too bad" which really annoyed me.

If the are now banning scammers that's good but they need to make it public and the name and shame SHOULD be allowed.
Reply Quote
Community
Vaneras, 5 months ago I reported someone through those channels and I was informed they could do nothing about it, at the time it was an item worth roughly 45 million and they basically said "too bad" which really annoyed me.

If the are now banning scammers that's good but they need to make it public and the name and shame SHOULD be allowed.

I'm afraid I have no information on that particular incident you are referring to, so I cannot say if this is a case of a misunderstanding, or if something requested wasn't feasible at the time, but I can say for sure that if we truly ignored these guys, we would not be having a sticky thread asking you to report them... I know this is may be of little consolation to you and I understand that it totally sucks being a victim of a scammer.

In regards to naming and shaming, I don't think that we will ever remove this policy of ours I'm afraid. Past experiences have shown us that too many people were wrongfully accused of doing bad things before we had this policy, who had their reputation and gaming experience ruined as a result, so it is important to us to protect the innocent. It is the case of choosing the lesser evil I'm afraid... I have noticed that a number third party sites have been created to address this particular concern though, although I am not in a position to recommend any of these.
Reply Quote
I did send an email to hacks at blizz .
All ive got is an automated email stating:

This is an automatic message to let you know that Blizzard Entertainment's Hacks & Anti-Piracy team has received your report.

Due to the volume of email we receive, this may be the only response you receive from us regarding this report. Rest assured that your report will be handled appropriately.

The hacks mailbox is unable to provide support for the following issues:

-Recovering lost or stolen Battle.net accounts.
-Replacing damaged, lost, or stolen CD keys.
-Replacing lost or stolen in-game items.
-Requests for technical support or gameplay hints.

So thanks for nothing tho.

From support I asked for a reroll of my account and a deletion of the said item from the scammers game for which ive got:

Greetings

You are receiving this message in response to the help petition which you submitted regarding scammed in Diablo 3.

In regards to your ticket, I am sorry to hear that you got scammed, sadly this is something we are unable to deal with as we do not have the level of support needed to look at logs and see what happens.
Please be aware that if you do not use the auction house then it is your responsibility.

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards

Game Master Xanaverri
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment

So basicly support told me that you have no ways to identify a scammer, hence I can go !@#$ myself.

I kno this doesn't mean anything to you personally but just feel the frustration of countless hours paying off and then getting robbed of it.

TLDR.:
-You have no ways to identify a scam
-You state you ban scammers, but the growing list and ^states you don't actually do

Ps.: On name and shaming, seriously we live in a democracy if a given person is reported repedetly and you don't do jack about it, then why can't we atleast name them?

Inb4 i get banned for copy-pasting and speaking my mind.
Edited by Uzsibox#2490 on 11/12/2012 11:00 GMT
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:43Posted by Vaneras
In regards to naming and shaming, I don't think that we will ever remove this policy of ours I'm afraid. Past experiences have shown us that too many people were wrongfully accused of doing bad things before we had this policy, who had their reputation and gaming experience ruined as a result, so it is important to us to protect the innocent. It is the case of choosing the lesser evil I'm afraid... I have noticed that a number third party sites have been created to address this particular concern though, although I am not in a position to recommend any of these.

That's understandable, however if someone is reported to you and say 10 people report them then you could have a sticky of players known for being scammers, better yet you could ban them.
Reply Quote
all in all the blizzard ticket system is as good as dead, almost 1 month ago i sold something on RMAH, i didnt recieve my payment, i then started a ticket, and got the reply that they had started it, and if i didnt hear anything i should reopen it, 3 days later i wrote back if they had news, then a 24 hour wait, and a new reply "we have nothing new, please give it a few days", and now we are about 1 month later, and im still waiting :P

So the blizzard service is at an all time low sadly
Reply Quote
Just stick to buying stuff off the AH then your only getting ripped off by the flippers.
legal scamming :(
Reply Quote
Just stick to buying stuff off the AH then your only getting ripped off by the flippers.
legal scamming :(

as far as im concerned normal scamming is just as legal. as is gold farmer spam.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 13:23Posted by Uzsibox
as far as im concerned normal scamming is just as legal. as is gold farmer spam.

Not sure if intentional whit or accidental idiot...
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 13:27Posted by Fean

Not sure if intentional whit or accidental idiot...

Bro the witching hour i was scammed off just sold off off the RMAH, after i sent a report to support and hacks at blizz.
So theres your proof of blizz not caring about anything that goes on in this game.

Also couple of post up i quoted a customer service rep saying they don't have the logs to prove anyone scamming.
So anyone still wasting his time on d3: SCAM ON ITS LEGAL! AND PROFITABLE.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:00Posted by Vaneras
We do take action against scammers and other wrongdoers

From my experience this just is not true. In my case it was brimstone switch scam, using hack which was completely ignored by Blizzard support.

As stated, you can't act on reports posted on forums and I personally don't feel like violating naming and shaming policy. So the case is closed, I got my share of canned answers. Don't feel like reading emails from Blizzard support in which they politely insult my intelligence.
Reply Quote
Just wanna start by saying I don't support scammers, BUT...

If you do a trade IRL with no paperwork involved (invoice, contract etc.) and you get scammed, nobody will punish the scammer. So why should a game be any different?

I say it's the fault of the scammed as much as it is the scammer's and people should deal with it, not run to mommy (Blizz) and cry.
There are ways to protect yourself. Most important one being using the AH if item isn't worth more than 2bil. You get greedy on the 15% cut that Blizz takes, you deserve to get scammed. Secondly use the websites with known scammers. Most of them are still active and doing their thing, just cause people don't check until AFTER they get scammed.

And lastly remember: if a deal seems too good to be true, it usually is.
Reply Quote
Hey, guys, I'm just here to say that Uzsibox was banned. Check this out:
Origination: Forums / Comments
Ban Type: Harassment
Expires: Tuesday, 18 December 2012 16:36:11 o'clock GMT (in 6 days, 23 hours)
Ban Reason: Naming and shaming is not allowed.
http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct#harassment

By: Uzsibox#2490Forum > Trading [Normal]
Thread Title:
Community scammer list
Reply #1
Timestamp:
10-Dec-2012 16:47:11
Why don't we have one?So basicly post here battletag and occurences of scamming. I'll keep updating the first post.NeoxFoxClaw#2657http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6100930568http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6134403423#5Amorau1974 #2789http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6134403423#5
[edited by Uzsibox#2490]
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 10:43Posted by Vaneras

One of these sites is D3blacklist.com! To protect the reputation and experience of players accused on our list, we allow for discussion and rating of the battletags on the list. it's not really a name and shame list, but more of a "be careful" list because players listed MIGHT be a scammer.

Feel free to take a look :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]