Diablo® III

Ultimate Farming Route

Ladies and Gentlemen, I hereby present to you my very own farming route called
The Ultimate SkyHigh Farm.
I've been inspired by a lot of people asking me how in the hell my Barbarian is PL93 with 341 hours played.
I did NOT use any Shrines during gathering data to ensure the very best accuracy
It took me two whole days to gather all the necessary data, thus I am 100% sure you will find it very effective.
Read all the information thoroughly to make sure you don't miss any important bits!
Let me point out that I never use Hellfire, Rubies, Leoric's Signet, therefore the data given to you in this guide is without any XP bonuses whatsoever!
Data gathered at Monster Power 3

Here, take a close look at these figures:
Alkaizer Route:
13,655 XP/Second
819,350 XP/Minute
49,161,000 XP/Hour

Now that we have got that out of the way, let's get on with the route itself, shall we?

The Ultimate SkyHigh Farm is all about being as efficient as possible in order to achieve the highest XP and Loot gain at the same time.
Video link to The Big 6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYPhOFYLbQo
There are two varieties of my route, one of which is more effective but can become boring real quick. The Big 6 is one of them, it's designed to bring you more entertainment followed by worse results though. As the name suggests, it consists of 6 different (and best) Act 3 areas:

Arreat Crater Level 2, Fields of Slaughter, Rakkis Crossing, Skycrown Battlements, The Keep Depths Level 2 and Tower of the Damned Level 1.

Let me show you how many elites and how much XP you will find in each one of the 6 (Note that all the data is the average out of many runs for myself, results may vary):

Core elements of The Big 6:

Arreat Crater Level 2 - 18,913XP/Second; 3.7 Elites; 128 Seconds.
Fields of Slaughter - 13,254XP/Second; 2.5 Elites; 124 Seconds.
Rakkis Crossing - 19,172XP/Second; 2.7 Elites; 89 Seconds.
Skycrown Battlements - 13,529XP/Second; 4.6 Elites; 147 Seconds.
The Keep Depths Level 2 - 17,579XP/Second; 3.4 Elites; 143 Seconds.
Tower of the Damned Level 1 - 13,721XP/Second; 1.9 Elites; 62 Seconds.

Y'all though that Fields of Slaughter was the best area in Act 3 didn'ya?
These 6 areas are of the highest density in the whole Act, which in turn means best Loot& XP.

The Big 6 core elements should be executed in the following order:
Skycrown Battlements - Tower of the Damned Level 1 - Rakkis Crossing - Fields of Slaughter - The Keep Depths Level 2 - Arreat Crater Level 2

The reason behind such order is simple - to maximize the XP gain. Starting with Skycrown Battlements because it has the lowest amount of XP/Second (apart from Fields of Slaughter, but we will get there in one second), therefore it's best to gain 4-5 Nephalem Valor stacks in there. Fields of Slaughter don't get to be first place to visit because we go there when we Teleport to Rakkis Crossing and work our way down to the Fields. Same goes for Tower of the Damned Level 1, as it's not always 100% sure we will get 5 NV stacks on the Battlements.

Additional information:
Run takes 12 minutes!
16,028 XP/Second!
961,680 XP/Minute!
57,700,800 XP/Hour!
Elite encountered every 38 seconds!

Caverns of Frost - 7,828XP/Second; 4.2 Elites; 105 Seconds.
The Core of Arreat - 9,571XP/Second; 2.1 Elites; 51 Seconds.

The Big 6 Loot Expansion should be execuded in the following order:
The Core of Arreat - Skycrown Battlements - Tower of the Damned Level 1 - Rakkis Crossing - Fields of Slaughter (Caverns of Frost) - The Keep Depths Level 2 - Arreat Crater Level 2[/b]

Always make sure the first time you do The Big 6 Loot Expansion TP out from The Core of Arreat AFTER you got the checkpoint - you will spawn there each time you start a new game.

Additional information:
Run takes 14:36 minutes!
14,195 XP/Second!
851,752 XP/Minute!
51,105,150 XP/Hour!
Elite encountered every 35 seconds!

Remember that all the data has been collected by me, therefore you will not get the same results!
Arreat Crater Level 2, Rakkis Crossing and The Keep Depths Level 2 will not bow down to any other places in the game. The first time you try this, go in this order:

The Keep Depths Level 2 - Arreat Crater Level 2 (Go into the Tower of the Cursed to get the Checkpoint!) - Rakkis Crossing. Now every time you start the game, you should spawn just outside Arreat Crater Level 2 - The Keep Depths Level 2 - Rakkis Crossing.

Additional information:
Run takes 6 minutes!
18,554 XP/Second!
1,113,280 XP/Minute!
66,796,800 XP/Hour!
Elite encountered every 37 seconds!

The Core of Arreat - 9,571XP/Second; 2.1 Elites; 51 Seconds.
Tower of the Damned Level 1 - 13,721XP/Second; 1.9 Elites; 62 Seconds.

Tri-Farm Loot Expansion should be executed in the following order
The Core of Arreat - Tower of the Damned Level 1 - The Keep Depths Level 2 - Arreat Crater Level 2 - Rakkis Crossing[/b]

Always make sure the first time you do Tri-Farm Loot Expansion TP out from The Core of Arreat AFTER you got the checkpoint - you will spawn there each time you start a new game.

Additional information:
Run takes 7:53 minutes!
15,791 XP/Second!
947,460 XP/Minute!
56,847,600 XP/Hour!

The Core of Arreat - The Keep Depths Level 1-3 - Battlefields (Fortified Bunker, Cryder's Outpost, The Forward Barracks) - Skycrown Battlements - Rakkis Crossing - Fields of Slaughter (Caverns of Frost) - Tower of the Damned Level 1 - Proceed until the end of Tower of the Cursed Level 2; repeat.

As you can see, the only places WITHOUT the full Nephalem Valor were The Core of Arreat and The Keep Depths Level 1. Those two had an average XP/Second gain anyway, thus even if I tested them WITH the full Nephalem Valor, no route would change a bit.

You don't have to worry about any information being completely false as I have done my very best to make sure it's as accurate as possible.

The XP/Second for each route was calculated of the XP/Area Chart I've written down while doing the standard runs explained above, therefore the ACTUAL XP gain is a little less (due to the fact that you get the Nephalem Valor stacks as you go) but it's only ranging between 7 and 3 % (7%-3% less XP applies to the Alkaizer route given at the top as well) so the difference really is quite minimal.

Now let me show you the average XP, XP/Second, average Elites, Elite/Second in each area:

Arreat Crater Level 2: Avg XP - 2,428,542; 18,913 XP/S; Avg Elites - 3.7; 1E/34.7S
Battlefields: Avg XP - 948,888; 7,994 XP/S; Avg Elites - 3; 1E/39S
Caverns of Frost: Avg XP - 411,766; 7,828 XP/S; Avg Elites - 4.2; 1E/25S
Fields of Slaughter: Avg XP - 1,644,833; 13,254 XP/S; Avg Elites - 2.5; 1E/49.6S
Fortified Bunker: Avg XP - 774,588; 9,080 XP/S; Avg Elites - 4.8; 1E/35.5S
Heart of the Damned: Avg XP - 388,025; 6,736 XP/S; Avg Elites - 1.7; 1E/34.7S
Rakkis Crossing: Avg XP - 1,721,681; 19,172 XP/S; Avg Elites - 2.7; 1E/33.2S
Skycrown Battlements - Avg XP - 1,992,942; 13,529 XP/S; Avg Elites - 4.6; 1E/32S
The Core of Arreat - Avg XP - 495,783; 9571 XP/S; Avg Elites - 2.1; 1E/24.6S (Game Start - 0 Stacks)
The Keep Depths Level 1 - Avg XP - 1,041,027; 8,897 XP/S; Avg Elites - 3.1; 1E/41.8S (Second Area to visit - Not full five stacks)
The Keep Depths Level 2 - Avg XP - 2,519,100; 17,579 XP/S; Avg Elites - 3.4; 1E/42S
The Keep Depths Level 3 - Avg XP - 769,046; 8,640 XP/S; Avg Elites - 2.6; 1E/34.2S
Tower of the Cursed Level 1 - Avg XP - 476,359; 9,489 XP/S; Avg Elites - 1.5; 1E/34.4S
Tower of the Cursed Level 2 - Avg XP - 493,323; 7,531 XP/S; Avg Elites - 2.1; 1E/31S
Tower of the Damned Level 1 - Avg XP - 863,067; 13,721 XP/S; Avg Elites - 1.9; 1E/33.1S
Tower of the Damned Level 2 - Avg XP - 497,626; 7,372 XP/S; Avg Elites - 1.8; 1E/37.5S

I really appreciate all the feedback you guys are giving me! And it also means a lot that you like the routes!

50 B6LE (Big 6 Loot Expansion) Runs: 8 set items, 26 legendary items

Edit:
10/12/2012
- Agree with one commenter on +XP per items; I didn't sleep too much this night and therefore I completely forgot about Nephalem Valor Stacks not counting in the % Bonuses on items such as Hellfire.
- Added data gathering process.
11/12/2012
- Added more in detail information about the data gathering process.
- Changed the guide format and visuals for better reading.
- Added Loot Expansion to each route, to provide more variations to the player.
- Added video to The Big 6.
15/12/2012
- Added loot information about first 50 runs.
Edited by SkyHigh#2622 on 15/12/2012 14:03 GMT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Great information, ty for this.

I gotta ask though, did you collect the xp per hour for every different area wi 0 never stacks? Otherwise the experiment isn't very fair if you say ran the battlements first (as in the order you suggest) then rakkis and then the fields and the data you collected was with 5 stacks each time... (This would be why the fields gave you the most do per hour).

Or maybe your experiment was fair? Did you randomise the order each time? I few more days of results would def give you a better average.

Great stuff though and ty for doing this :)
Reply Quote
Glad you ask!
At the time of testing I was doing standard A3 runs:
The Core of Arreat -> The Keep Depths Level 1-3 -> Battlefields (no Barracks, Battlefields Stores or The Foundry) -> Skycrown Battlements -> Rakkis Crossing -> Fields of Slaughter (Caverns of Frost) -> Tower of the Damned Level 1 -> onwards to the end of Tower of the Cursed Level 2.

The only places where I did not have 5 Nephalem Valor stacks were Core and Keep L1, and as those two got rather low scores in XP/Second, my official routes would not change at all if I tried every area without any stacks.
Reply Quote
Ive played with shyhigh many times, i can tell you, this guy outruns everyone, and im no noob, at least listen to his advice cuz there arnt many more like him and not all of them give tips ;)
Reply Quote
Thx dude, gonna try it!

edit: those who farm mp1 should notice these numbers are for mp3.. I know my friend barb also favors mp3 over mp1, because he can't fill his fury on mp1 properly.. I personally go for mp1 and put some magic find gear on.
Edited by g0rki#1357 on 10/12/2012 09:17 GMT
Reply Quote
Pretty big factual error:
Mp3 and valor already gives you 60% + 75% bonus exp. That's 235% total, perfect leo+ruby+hellfire is another 96%. That's a ~29% increase, at most around 40% depending on the length of the run, not the ~96% you used.

Edit:
In retrospect I came across as a dick :)
Edited by Draba#2568 on 10/12/2012 10:53 GMT
Reply Quote
Added data gathering process.
Removed +XP per items such as Hellfire since I got this part all wrong (thanks to Draba for pointing that one out) :).

Edit: Maybe a little ^^.
Edited by SkyHigh#2622 on 10/12/2012 10:55 GMT
Reply Quote
Other than the bonus items, great to have the figures summed up.
You may also want to note that skycrown, stonefort and rakkis are fixed layout so they are
slightly better than the figures would suggest for some classes. Also, if you wp to crater2
then pop in to cursed1 at the end. There is usually an elite before the first turn,
has a possible goblin spawn and you save the tp channeling with the wp.
Tldr is still core/damned1 for quick ~4 stacks and then crater2/keep2/rakkis.

+imho lose some of the exclamation marks, they are an eyesore when used too often.
Reply Quote
hehe Master SkyHigh making a guide for farming!

you guys can trust Sky. He is the best farmer i've seen so far in D3. I played with a lot of lvl100 barbs and DH some with twice more dmg than skyhigh..... and they all look like noobs when you compare with this guy^^
Reply Quote
Experiments failed.
Edited by SkyHigh#2622 on 10/12/2012 17:27 GMT
Reply Quote
anyone tried this with a wizzard archon build?
Reply Quote
Ultimate Boring Route

I dont want to take away the hard work you guys put into your farming guides but boooring lol 4 acts and you wanna play like bots, cant think of anything that would make me want to quit faster haha
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 14:36Posted by SonicUK
I dont want to take away the hard work you guys put into your farming guides but boooring lol 4 acts and you wanna play like bots, cant think of anything that would make me want to quit faster haha

I tried to play with low-life (24k) glass cannon - always challenge - don't die much, but every time when i stop spinning :D also doing some act2 mp10 keys farming (not that i need them) with higher ehp gear, to change a scenery :-)

edit: sorry for ot, OP :-) nice guide, will try battlements today ;-)
Edited by yderf#2605 on 10/12/2012 14:54 GMT
Reply Quote
good route, gives me 3 to 6 mill more xp and nearly twice the loot. and it can be done in the same time as Alkaizer's
Reply Quote
Nice info but do the individual map figures include the NV buff ?
Adding time to port off the map would also help with working out elite per second. For example tower of the cursed lvl on you can run in a circle and use the waypoint which is quicker than teleporting.

Thanks for the great work will be using this info to try some new runs.
Reply Quote
Thanks for sharing! Will try this tomorrow on the Hardcore servers!
Reply Quote
Tyvm, but are your numbers right?

When you do arreat2 you'll start from the tower, you have to walk a bit, did you factored that?
Did you always ran every area with 5 stacks?

Anyway, the xp gain is useless, imho. You'll eventually be p100. The relevant data here is the number of elite/area.
Drop-wise, are whites mobs even worth stopping for 0.5secs?
Reply Quote
Producing The Big 6 Video to show y'all how to execute it efficiently.
Once finished, I will go deeper into the details behind data gathering process, as some of you still want to know more :).
Reply Quote
@Gica. I have done several runs with Archon and I have no problem keeping it up on MP2-3.
Reply Quote
The Big 6 is rendered; It will be uploaded to youtube shortly, however it will take some time as the video' size is over 3GB - a few hours is my guess.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]