Diablo® III

So no xmas event then blizz?

No Santa hat for Ghom? How disappointing. :P
Reply Quote
I really hope Blizzard will not let Diablo 3 be all silent throughout the whole winter holiday with no updates or patches, that would be depressing.

And now I'm not talking about a Christmas event/theme, since this is what they shouldn't focus on when the game is not even finished.
Edited by Zyfoh#2357 on 10/12/2012 23:07 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
I really hope Blizzard will not let Diablo 3 be all silent throughout the whole winter holiday with no updates or patches, that would be depressing.

And now I'm not talking about a Christmas event/theme, since this is what they shouldn't focus on when the game is not even finished.

Hopefully the holidays will not be all silent, at least I hope so.

I get that you guys are eager to know more about what is being worked on to improve the game, but I don't have any new information on this right now unfortunately. I do know that we have some updates on the way though, amongst them a PvP blog... this PvP blog was announced previously as coming very soon, but it seems it is just soon now.
Reply Quote
No Fallen Maniacs dressed as Santa and Goblin sack full of loot? Reconsider that.
Reply Quote

I get that you guys are eager to know more about what is being worked on to improve the game, but I don't have any new information on this right now unfortunately. I do know that we have some updates on the way though, amongst them a PvP blog... this PvP blog was announced previously as coming very soon, but it seems it is just soon now.

Yeah I really hoped for that PvP blog to come out, but I guess that's not happening for some time now. I guess we will see some patch notes for 1.0.7 soon though.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 09:14Posted by naksiloth
No Fallen Maniacs dressed as Santa and Goblin sack full of loot? Reconsider that.

YOU SIR.. ARE A GENIUS!
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 12:25Posted by Aspirine
free to play compared to pay to play... hmmm

D3 is free to play? Why did I pay 60$ for the box then?
Reply Quote

Vaneras,

Is there a chance PvP blog will be published before Christmas?
Edited by CuttRogue#2836 on 11/12/2012 10:18 GMT
Reply Quote
Community

YOU SIR.. ARE A GENIUS!

Santa loot goblins... genius indeed :-D
Edited by Vaneras on 11/12/2012 10:12 GMT
Reply Quote
Vaneras it does seem only 1 of your posts has shown up on the main page as a blue update.

Is it a bug or something?

Anyway ta for chatting today.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
D3 is not wow.
arpg versus mmorpg...

True...
So, where is the offline mode ?
Reply Quote
D3 is not wow.
arpg versus mmorpg...

True...
So, where is the offline mode ?

there are unofficial offline modes.
that's all i can say.

still, because it is not officially possible to play offline D3 still doesn't qualify as an mmorpg.

Mass Multiplayer Online Roll Playing game

that's the difference.
public games only allow 4 players max, where as a mmorpg has no limit except maybe for certain ingame events maybe.

however if you don't play public games you will not ever meet another player in the actual play itself, except for the chat of course.
Reply Quote
ARPG.

Auction Role Playing Game.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

that's the difference.
public games only allow 4 players max, where as a mmorpg has no limit except maybe for certain ingame events maybe.

I can't be totally agree with this (but I see your point, and it's a good one)

But, don't forget the ingame AH + RMAH as a really big impact on the game experience. Blizz' stated a while ago that the high randomizeness (did this word exist ?) of looting and item quality where tune because the AH is another way to get great items. (same goes for the crafting; I always forget that it even exist)

So, even if playing alone, or only with buddies : your gaming experience is tune around the AH's economy.

When someone is botting somewhere : it ensure the game is harder for me.
When someone is farming AH, buying cheap items, and selling them more expensive (like traiders in reall life) : it further this effects.

So, a player that actually play the game, have to compete with botters/traders.
So in the end, even when playing alone, the gaming experience is, in my opinion (but I might be wrong) tune around the massively experienced part of the game.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 08:50Posted by Vaneras
this PvP blog was announced previously as coming very soon, but it seems it is just soon now.

you mean sooner or later...
Reply Quote

that's the difference.

I can't be totally agree with this (but I see your point, and it's a good one)

But, don't forget the ingame AH + RMAH as a really big impact on the game experience. Blizz' stated a while ago that the high randomizeness (did this word exist ?) of looting and item quality where tune because the AH is another way to get great items. (same goes for the crafting; I always forget that it even exist)

So, even if playing alone, or only with buddies : your gaming experience is tune around the AH's economy.

When someone is botting somewhere : it ensure the game is harder for me.
When someone is farming AH, buying cheap items, and selling them more expensive (like traiders in reall life) : it further this effects.

So, a player that actually play the game, have to compete with botters/traders.
So in the end, even when playing alone, the gaming experience is, in my opinion (but I might be wrong) tune around the massively experienced part of the game.

true, very true. introducing the AH and the RMAH has only made D3 more attractive to bot, simply because it's a profit game. i'm not accusing any people, but the fact of the matter is that in D3 at this point botters control the economy, not blizzard, not us players, but the bots.

if they start mass duping or mass crafting gems, gem prices will drop, if they start mass duping items, these items will drop in value, and another side effect is the prices on rmah for gold dropping faster then the panties of paris hilton.

edit:

on the other hand, if blizzard would take out both the ah and rmah, and leave it to person to person trading only, it will just increase the chances of getting scammed.

so either way, it's really a lose - lose situation for a honest player trying to enjoy D3 to the fullest extend. and since by now an offline mode is nearly impossible since they'd have to completely rewrite the game, we just have to hope for the best.

which in term means that blizzard needs to pickup on the whole reporting thing (since it's broken, and i seriously doubt the "send an email"method), fix numerous other bugs and maybe implement a few safety switch on both ingame botting and AH botting.

ah botting can be done through the same method as the online authenticator, if you want to buy something, the AH asks you to type in the code on the image above (codes would be random)

ingame botting is a little more difficult since nobody wants a screen popping up asking for a code every hour or so.
but a way of controlling it, however i'm not saying that everybody will agree with this, is that every account who is online for 24 hours and this for 2+ days straight, receives an immediate IP-ban. (since no healthy human being would be fiscally able to play a game for 48 hours and do the same run over and over again).
Edited by CLFX#2502 on 11/12/2012 14:42 GMT
Reply Quote
ingame botting is a little more difficult since nobody wants a screen popping up asking for a code every hour or so.
but a way of controlling it, however i'm not saying that everybody will agree with this, is that every account who is online for 24 hours and this for 2+ days straight, receives an immediate IP-ban. (since no healthy human being would be fiscally able to play a game for 48 hours and do the same run over and over again).

No problem to be online for 2 days or more. Just dont log out when you sleep or whatever you do

--- Oh btw, Moldran is going to play for 50 hours straight in 1-2 weeks
Edited by Zchnabb#2476 on 11/12/2012 18:30 GMT
Reply Quote
:(
wanted to see ghom wearing an xmas hat
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]