Diablo® III

GoldBot Spammers

Is Blizz gonna do anything about this anytime soon ? Do they even wanna do something about it or they just dont care ?
Bots r killing game way 2 fast economy went to ashes i do understand every time blizz ban some bots those same ppl buy new acc and start over = more money for blizz
But they should ban them on daily basis that aint that big problem just join trade chat every 30 sec some spam can ban 100 per trade chat each hour = more money for blizz less crap for us players
Reply Quote
Community
Of course we do care.

We do understand that this is an annoying issue, but please keep reporting these spammers.

We know that some of you are under the impression that nothing seems to happen after reporting a spammer, which I presume is because you do not get to see what happens behind the scenes after you have submitted a spam report. But please know that the reports you submit are actually of great help to us, and a great number of spammers do get removed as a direct result of player reports.

If you do not know how to report a spammer, this support article can help you.
https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/reporting-spam-harassment-bad-names-in-diablo-iii
Reply Quote
But we can't even report them, because the report function is broken.
Reply Quote
when the report spam function is going to work? Now its just giving some error i dont remember and its annoying when i say i want to sell something and 5 sec later its 3 pages behind a wall of text from gold selling spammers ...
Reply Quote
If I find a player in a public game that seems clearly to be a bot by his behaviour, should I report it as:

To report spamming:
Right-click the player’s name in chat.
Click Report.
Click Spam.

?

Will this have attention from Blizzard?
Should I explain something in the report?
Reply Quote
Well the report spam is bugged, it returns an error as soon as I post it. Than I report for harassment (and note that I'm reporting for spam) and I get an error message after a minute that the report was not successful.

Please do something about it. It's like this for a week or more already.
Reply Quote
Community
If I find a player in a public game that seems clearly to be a bot by his behaviour, should I report it as:

To report spamming:
Right-click the player’s name in chat.
Click Report.
Click Spam.

?

Will this have attention from Blizzard?
Should I explain something in the report?

For reporting bots, I would recommend that you use the webform/email address linked to in this sticky-thread: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5071567383
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
For reporting bots, I would recommend that you use the webform/email address linked to in this sticky-thread: eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5071567383

Come on Vaneras, you're in an MF run and you have to keep tabbing out to report someone via e-mail to the support team, over just using the in game report which should be working and it's a little discouraging that it isn't working, I do not understand how it has taken weeks to resolve and I presume the maintenance will be fixing this issue?

The problem is I see gold spam about every 30 seconds so I would never be playing, I would always be tabbed out doing report e-mails to tab back in to tab out again and report. I apologise for being rash but that's not my job, I do want them dealt with but I shouldn't have to go to such lengths to get this sorted.
Reply Quote
Omg,,,, Blizz is in theire pockets :/

quote blue post over here :

"pls keep report them",

well, so FIX the reportsystem asap !
So freaking frustrating.

Why Not make it impossible to type on chat :

- www,s
- more than 3 lines of typing
- Before lvl 10 to get able too chat
- $ and €,s
etc etc....

cmon, this cant be hard to fix at all.
Even nicks i personally reported alot of times,months back, are still ingame spamming :/

Any seen "Venom" ? lol
Edited by SLeMM#2897 on 11/12/2012 11:03 GMT
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 11:01Posted by Fean
For reporting bots, I would recommend that you use the webform/email address linked to in this sticky-thread: eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5071567383

Come on Vaneras, you're in an MF run and you have to keep tabbing out to report someone via e-mail to the support team, over just using the in game report which should be working and it's a little discouraging that it isn't working,

+1
Reply Quote
Community
Well the report spam is bugged, it returns an error as soon as I post it. Than I report for harassment (and note that I'm reporting for spam) and I get an error message after a minute that the report was not successful.

Please do something about it. It's like this for a week or more already.

Very true... I look rather silly now as I thought the fix was in place already :-(

It should be fixed in patch 1.0.6a, which should hopefully be out this week if all goes well. We will of course appreciate if you could let us know if it still doesn't work after the patch.
Reply Quote

Come on Vaneras, you're in an MF run and you have to keep tabbing out to report someone via e-mail to the support team, over just using the in game report which should be working and it's a little discouraging that it isn't working, I do not understand how it has taken weeks to resolve and I presume the maintenance will be fixing this issue?

The problem is I see gold spam about every 30 seconds so I would never be playing, I would always be tabbed out doing report e-mails to tab back in to tab out again and report. I apologise for being rash but that's not my job, I do want them dealt with but I shouldn't have to go to such lengths to get this sorted.

This. Why has this been ignored.
If you [Blizzard] actually cared about us reporting the bots, you'd make it so we could do it ingame. If you really think I'm going to tab out to report them, you're having a laugh. Have you heard of the path of least resistance?
Reply Quote
Community

Come on Vaneras, you're in an MF run and you have to keep tabbing out to report someone via e-mail to the support team, over just using the in game report which should be working and it's a little discouraging that it isn't working,

I know it is not ideal, I really do. It is my hope that we will get a more elegant solution for these types of of reports in the future.

I personally have a note-block in front of my pc that I use to quickly note down the BattleTags of suspect players, and then I report them after I am done playing using the aforementioned webform.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 11:25Posted by Vaneras
It should be fixed in patch 1.0.6a, which should hopefully be out this week if all goes well. We will of course appreciate if you could let us know if it still doesn't work after the patch.

Any info on other features in the patch?
Reply Quote
doubt anyone here will waste time tabbing out, it should be so simple to right click and repport bot / gold spammer.
As long as its not really working, i think most people will asume that you(Blizzard) dont really care, which is kind of sad to watch...
Reply Quote
Community
11/12/2012 11:41Posted by Joren

I unfortunately do not have accurate information on other features in this patch, but I believe we will be posting some patch notes soon.
Reply Quote
doubt anyone here will waste time tabbing out, it should be so simple to right click and repport bot / gold spammer.
As long as its not really working, i think most people will asume that you(Blizzard) dont really care, which is kind of sad to watch...

Yes, it's normal that people want a fast and easy way to report bot/gold spammer while playing - when people detect it. If this task would be easy and fast, it should be more efficient.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
I did consider the option of noting them down and then e-mailing them all, seems like a little less work, however the option I have gone with is to merely block communications until the report button is fixed, this is also not ideal but it stops me seeing their spam, it also removes friend requests from botters.

The friend requests could easily be monitored and banned, same person friends more than 10 people in one day you go and check the comments from those requests, they are a bot you ban them.

The solutions to beat the bots are very basic and very realistic with todays (and 20 years agos) technology so I do wonder how they manage to exist in the game.

Good luck on the battle with them, I will state if the team had the approach (and freedom to have that approach) that most of the players would use towards botters there wouldn't be any left.

*edit*

Sorry for seeming like we are having a go, we (or I) aren't, we just want the issues solved and from botters to scammers this game gets a bit of a bad name which we would like to fix, thank you again for responding.
Edited by Fean#2616 on 11/12/2012 12:14 GMT
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 11:25Posted by Vaneras
Very true... I look rather silly now as I thought the fix was in place already :-(

Never assume.

You make an A$$ of U and ME
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 11:45Posted by Vaneras

I unfortunately do not have accurate information on other features in this patch, but I believe we will be posting some patch notes soon.

Soon or soon™? :p
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]