Diablo® III

Anyone else happy they scrapped PVP?

(Locked)

I am sick and tired of these virgin nerds trolling the forum everyday about PVP which as Mr Jay quite rightly stated is outdated in this day and age in its current form.

PVP must meet the standards that Blizzard has set just like how Diablo 3 is a financial success it has met the Blizzard hallmark of standards in revolutionized PC gaming.

Finally now that this PVP nonsense is out of the way we can get back to really providing content to diablo 3 like more acts and endless dungeons etc.

Diablo 3 has set the hallmark of PC gaming standards being possibly the greatest PC game I ever played like it or not. But it has broken world records in sales which shows just how much of an accomplishment it has been.

Without Jay at the head this game would be some outdated rubbish like torch light 2. Many of us owe Jay a big thanks believe it or not.

The only ones mad about Diablo 3 are Virgin nerds who are a minority and also spammers paid by other companies to bad mouth Diablo 3 into making it look bad. But like all things the more you bad mouth it the more popular it becomes and the more money it makes.

In short thank you Mr Jay for putting this issue to rest. Because quite honestly I am tired of owning these same morons in DOTA 2 I don't need to own them here also. I cam here for CO OP fun and I expect to see endless dungeons and more single player contents.
Edited by JOHN#12280 on 27/12/2012 20:15 GMT
Yeah, I am also more interested in other features of 1.0.7.
I am sick and tired of these virgin nerds trolling the forum everyday about PVP which as Mr Jay quite rightly stated is outdated in this day and age in its current form.

PVP must meet the standards that Blizzard has set just like how Diablo 3 is a financial success it has met the Blizzard hallmark of standards in revolutionized PC gaming.

Finally now that this PVP nonsense is out of the way we can get back to really providing content to diablo 3 like more acts and endless dungeons etc.

Diablo 3 has set the hallmark of PC gaming standards being possibly the greatest PC game I ever played like it or not. But it has broken world records in sales which shows just how much of an accomplishment it has been.

Without Jay at the head this game would be some outdated rubbish like torch light 2. Many of us owe Jay a big thanks believe it or not.

The only ones mad about Diablo 3 are Virgin nerds who are a minority and also spammers paid by other companies to bad mouth Diablo 3 into making it look bad. But like all things the more you bad mouth it the more popular it becomes and the more money it makes.

In short thank you Mr Jay for putting this issue to rest. Because quite honestly I am tired of owning these virgin nerds in DOTA 2 I don't need to own them here also. I cam here for CO OP fun and I expect to see endless dungeons and more single player contents.

Go back to your US forums, this community suprisingly more evolved on thinking than you. Yet I admit you somehow brought something original with virgin nerds things. Good boy.

Now kindly get lost. Won't feed your trolling needs. Go back to your brain-washed US fellas
+1

Arena-style PvP is the anti-fun. Tedious as hell, game-unbalancing and unfair. It was horrible in WoW, ruined 2 whole expansions before everyone realized it's !@#$ and stopped taking it seriously (lol e-sport) and would've been even worse in D3. Good thing the devs realized that.
Yes, I am American and use the US servers, but...

Go back to your US forums, this community suprisingly more evolved on thinking than you. Yet I admit you somehow brought something original with virgin nerds things. Good boy.

Now kindly get lost. Won't feed your trolling needs. Go back to your brain-washed US fellas

This^

Except the virgin nerds thing.

Also, never cared about pvp.
Edited by ISmkPotatoes#1756 on 27/12/2012 19:44 GMT
To OP : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09h7EinWRHE
Yep, I'm happy.. They'll release it when its actually ready..
concentrate on other acts - Expansions..
+1

Arena-style PvP is the anti-fun. Tedious as hell, game-unbalancing and unfair. It was horrible in WoW, ruined 2 whole expansions before everyone realized it's !@#$ and stopped taking it seriously (lol e-sport) and would've been even worse in D3. Good thing the devs realized that.

Man you sum it up better than me and shorter than what I wrote.

Good thing the devs realized how failed these PVP battle arenas are. And note to consider is how much players it would divert from the single player online acts making even bigger problems for those who just want to play this game for fun in inferno AI.

What Blizzard could do is increase the difficulty in Inferno Pubs and add better drops for higher difficulty.

I could just picture the outrage in how unfair and unbalanced PVP would be if released today. The kind of trolling we see here currently is nothing compared to what would happen if they released PVP.

They are and have always been better off implementing random maps. The whole PVP was a gigantic waste from the start and valuable time that should have been implemented in the current form of the game
To be honest i think diablo3 have died little bit and they dont make any money if they release now free..

If they put in that in expansion they can sell more copys..
Quite frankly the OP is an idiot.

27/12/2012 19:30Posted by JOHN

Standards? What standards would those be exactly?
Poor storyline, Poor servers, Poor gameplay, Countless errors, Exploitable bugs, Missing deadlines, Useless itemisation.... I could go on...

The ONLY standard this game met was the one that said "Capable of pumping sh1t-loads of cash in pre-sales"
Revolutionised gaming? What...you mean by injecting micro-transactions and gearing a game totally towards it? Huge advancement that, really improving the market and leading the way in gaming innovation...

Have you actually played T2? Sure, D3 is graphically cleaner and uses a more modern/slick set of animations... But thats the ONLY thing D3 does better....
Character customisation, multiple characters, levelling, items and looting, gameplay, boss mechanics....Even the storyline in T2 is better! And it practically has NO real storyline.... you could tell it in three sentences...
Jay led a team that scrapped D3 while in development and restarted over and over... to the point most of the good ideas got thrown away and all that was left was a husk of a game.

In short thank you Mr Jay for putting this issue to rest. Because quite honestly I am tired of owning these same morons in DOTA 2 I don't need to own them here also. I cam here for CO OP fun and I expect to see endless dungeons and more single player contents.

About the only fair and realistic comment you have made...
And yes, thank you for actually communicating with your customer base. Recent history shows that this is rare for Blizzard...
And sure, there are going to be a lot of people who get "owned" by more experienced players/PvP's...but to be frank, the state this game is currently in in regards to class comparisons, PvP is TOTALLY unsustainable...

The classes have been designed and balanced off about as well as chalk and cheese.

Lastly...This statement is so totally untrue it isnt even funny....
D3 didnt do any of this... it isnt responsible for breaking any records, it doesnt reach any hallmark standards, theres NOTHING special about this game at all...Why the hell do you think there have been so many patches trying to adjust the game and give it some form of longievity? Because it was a total mess!! Even now there are huge flaws with it....

D1 and D2 are the owners of that particular sales record... they are the games that gave the franchise such a huge base of players and such a massive reputation.
WoW annual passes account for a BIG chunk of "sales" of D3..

It is all off prior games in the series and pumping out free passes to WoW players (sold with free mounts for WoW and beta passes at no extra cost, just sign up to a year long term)

Even the D3 beta is radically different to the end product...which is still a BETA itself...
Its no prize winner, and certainly not some sort of standard to measure other games against...

The OP is either a troll or a total idiot
Didn't read OP 'cause he's an obvious troll attempt. You need around 2-3 more years online before you'll evoke emotional responses.

Get good at trolling, please, then come back.

Just wait until the expansion comes out. Personally, I enjoy the game and plan on buying it regardless, but I will bet it won't net even 1/10th of D3 sales unless they somehow manage to es our de's with the expansion. It is not by any means an accomplishment. He rode the back of D1/D2's fan base and claimed it for himself. To be quite honest, I hope that guy gets fired based on the expansion's success, or non-success I suppose.
I know what happened, even those relatively clueless US people has smashed him in every topic he made, so he thought maybe he can get some attention here.

How sad... Yet let's not feed the sad little troll who likes to play DotA2. A tiny info for you:
Actual DotA people created a company and released a game called LoL. (Which I play with diamond badge -21xx elo for you). You know what not funny? LoL is a better game in every aspect than DotA2. Been there, done that.

The funny thing is, same happens with Diablo 2 creators and TL2. Obviously you weren't there. Or your so called "gamer" vision has no idea what it's seeing.

Sooo, go back to US forums, don't try to steal our beloved (who is currently banned) troll Ben's place. That place is reserved for ever.
86 Tauren Shaman

Lol.

Torchlight 2 is years ahead of this mess.
PVP shelved means the devs can now focus on fixing/adding PVE content. Only a good thing in my opinion.
PvP is the only thing keeping many of us playing this game. Endless killing of machine generated intelligence beings gets very tedious. I have never complained about them scrapping it, but will be very bitter if it is only Wow like arenas when it comes out. Battlegrounds and duels are where the real fun is.
Community
Locking this thread as the tone of the OP only serves to provoke those who are disappointed about the news in the PvP blog.

We have no issue with you guys being pleased about the news that PvP is being redesigned (It has not been scrapped), but please try to discuss it in a manner without flamebaiting those who happen to care very much about PvP.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]