Diablo® III

regarding PvP

(Locked)

So first of all i would say that it was a good decision to think it over again.
If blizzard felt like what they were working on was not up to the task then there is nothing better than to think it over.

With a community like this and on a game such as D3 you cannot push out something that is unfinished or that does not feel right.

My personal feelings is that the actual game got pushed out by some higher being than the developers of D3 and now after all the flame and whining that higher being raised his hands and said "!@#$ it im out, do what you please" .. and now they have the time and space to work as they should have from the beginning.

Anyways , brining out a pvp that even the testers didnt feel worthy would have ended up in something horrible.
Community
I can totally understand how frustrating it must be to find out that the very feature you were anticipating the most has been postponed, and that it might not even be released in the same format as was previewed earlier, but we hope that people understand that we truly want the best for Diablo III... we want to give you guys the best content possible, and the truth is that Team Deathmatch mode in its current form simply didn't deliver the kind of experience that we want it to.

The only way we can make Diablo III a better game is to release new features and content that is as great as possible. If we release content that is mediocre or rushed, then we might make some people happy for a little while, but after a couple of hours they will no longer feel it is fun to do and that will not be good for the game in the long run.

It is important to emphasise that PvP hasn't been scrapped, it is still being worked on.
28/12/2012 10:02Posted by Vaneras
It is important to emphasise that PvP hasn't been scrapped, it is still being worked on.

so we will be shelving it for now and exploring other options.

If I read it correctly in the PvP update, they did in fact scrap PvP in it's current form, so they are starting from 0 again when they are getting bored?
So does this mean it will take another 7 months to get PvP to the state it was today? If I have to be completely honest, I'm starting to believe that they are just waiting for PvP to be released for the expansion, hoping to get back the playerbase they had at release.. I just don't know what happened between the Jay Wilson PvP blog post ("soon") and now, months later, where they don't find the PvP engaging enough...

The funny fact is that they find that PvP isn't balanced enough, but that's old news, Jay Wilson even said that PvP couldn't be balanced because of the PvE element that gets the highest priority when the game was pre-beta

most of our testers didn't feel like it was something they'd want to do beyond a few hours

Ok, I can see where you guys are coming from, but... dueling will be played 0 hours by most of the playerbase, so actually dueling is worse....

We want to be able to carry over as many of the crazy runes, items, and skills as possible, with their crazy effects, and alter them as little as possible.

Here Mr. Wilson actually says something that gets my hopes up! 1.0.7 will include crazy runes, skilles and effects since obviously there aren't any yet!
Edited by Proz0r#2511 on 28/12/2012 10:22 GMT
So Jay Wilson delayed the pvp blog hoping the world would end, but that didn’t work out for him.
well there can be a few toughts on that if you think it over .

Like i said about the higher being.
if he was indeed pushing the game forward too fast in the beginning of d3 then that might have carried to the rushed out PvP and the "promise" of it in near furute .. then when that being raised his hands they had the time again to think it over and someone said .. well this is crap.
Edited by V3mpa1N#2431 on 28/12/2012 10:14 GMT
A step in the right direction would be to involve the community, make testing beds and look for feedback.
Set up ptrs keep people's interest and keep them involved, you know more like it used to be. It's all so damned closed nowadays.
Are we to trust these testers? Are they the same guys that tested before release? With statements following like no content will be added, at most new items. Well we've seen how valuable these testers were.
Change direction or go through the same !@#$ that happened after release, that's what i think about this mess.
A step in the right direction would be to involve the community, make testing beds and look for feedback.
Set up ptrs keep people's interest and keep them involved, you know more like it used to be. It's all so damned closed nowadays.
Are we to trust these testers? Are they the same guys that tested before release? With statements following like no content will be added, at most new items. Well we've seen how valuable these testers were.
Change direction or go through the same !@#$ that happened after release, that's what i think about this mess.

+1
If we release content that is mediocre or rushed

No offence, but the bit in bold made me laugh. The whole game has been rushed and the content that has come in dribs and drabs over the past 7 months did make the game more enjoyable, for a short period of time.

In my honest opinion, something special will have to come in 1.0.7 or you will probably see even more quit the game for other games that at the moment are better or are going to be released in the near future.

Also, the lack of communication about PvP being released, the "blog" etc. was absolutely shocking. Surely the development team knew that it was never going to be good enough, so why not just come out with the truth and not drag the announcement and now face the backlash you have and will continue to receive?! Mind baffling.
28/12/2012 10:29Posted by Bidders
If we release content that is mediocre or rushed

No offence, but the bit in bold made me laugh. The whole game has been rushed and the content that has come in dribs and drabs over the past 7 months did make the game more enjoyable, for a short period of time.

In my honest opinion, something special will have to come in 1.0.7 or you will probably see even more quit the game for other games that at the moment are better or are going to be released in the near future.

Also, the lack of communication about PvP being released, the "blog" etc. was absolutely shocking. Surely the development team knew that it was never going to be good enough, so why not just come out with the truth and not drag the announcement and now face the backlash you have and will continue to receive?! Mind baffling.

So true... It's impossible to comprehend how they hyped the PvP up with their "blog", tweets from Jay Wilson etc... On the other hand, we shouldn't be so surprised they did nothing in these 7 months... the "soon" in Jay's tweet should have given it away...

Biggest disappointing Christmas Present I ever had in my entire life...
I should be locked up for thinking what I wanna do with the people "working" on Diablo 3 at this moment...
28/12/2012 10:02Posted by Vaneras
The only way we can make Diablo III a better game is to release new features and content that is as great as possible.

i've spent a lot of time on feedback how Diablo 3 can be a better game, please - could you at least look and see whether it's worth to pass that feedback to developers?

Fixing BIS item rule and a Holy Belt for Monk - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6160438979

Fixing item diversity problem - flexible Item Level - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848176597

What's your most useless passive and skill? Buff them! - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6083128442
This game isn't ready for PvP. GW1 had extremely great PvP content. Look it up. It's MMO though. I haven't played PvP in any of Diablo games. Not 1, 2 or i think i won't be playing it in 3rd because if there aren't any kind of rewards except an achievements, it's not comforting. Give some kind of DMG boost, like 1k DMG towards the Gladiator Rank or maybe less (500?)less. 5 wins you gaet the title and the permanent DMG boost. AT LEAST 5 diffferent arenas with some cool addons like "Spectator seats" to see how these great players do stuff as they do. Hell it should be fun if you ask me. Consider putting it as a random arena with people similar to each other. With Heroscore and other stats wise. I have nothing against the RMAH but i don't use it. Let's just say i can't. I know that ton of people feel OP, play OP and do OP things. It should be delayed but if released in the state that doesn't provide satisfactory to both (haters-fanboys) sides...It's a game afterall and relaxes me after hard nights workshifts and i want it to be even greater like so many people out there who feel the same as i do.
So in Christmas spirit i wish you all happy hunting and cheers.
-Hybrid
ok now let them work, it's useless at this point criticize everything they say.
PvP unfinished make me sad too cause i really want to play it, but LET THEM WORK ON IT they're taking time to make the best possible

i've spent a lot of time on feedback how Diablo 3 can be a better game, please - could you at least look and see whether it's worth to pass that feedback to developers?

Fixing BIS item rule and a Holy Belt for Monk - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6160438979

Fixing item diversity problem - flexible Item Level - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5848176597

What's your most useless passive and skill? Buff them! - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6083128442

+1

and maybe fix all of these: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5847817976

then maybe, just maybe we'll get our money's worth...
Edited by Proz0r#2511 on 28/12/2012 10:49 GMT
This game isn't ready for PvP. GW1 had extremely great PvP content. Look it up. It's MMO though. I haven't played PvP in any of Diablo games. Not 1, 2 or i think i won't be playing it in 3rd because if there aren't any kind of rewards except an achievements, it's not comforting. Give some kind of DMG boost, like 1k DMG towards the Gladiator Rank or maybe less (500?)less. 5 wins you gaet the title and the permanent DMG boost. AT LEAST 5 diffferent arenas with some cool addons like "Spectator seats" to see how these great players do stuff as they do. Hell it should be fun if you ask me. Consider putting it as a random arena with people similar to each other. With Heroscore and other stats wise. I have nothing against the RMAH but i don't use it. Let's just say i can't. I know that ton of people feel OP, play OP and do OP things. It should be delayed but if released in the state that doesn't provide satisfactory to both (haters-fanboys) sides...It's a game afterall and relaxes me after hard nights workshifts and i want it to be even greater like so many people out there who feel the same as i do.
So in Christmas spirit i wish you all happy hunting and cheers.
-Hybrid

Merry Christmas & happy newyear to you too

Funny thing, you came up with nice solutions for rewards in ... 5 - 10 secs? They haven't come up with any after 7 months...
Community
Are we to trust these testers?

First of all, you should never expect to see PTRs and other forms of player testing for all new features and announced content, but nobody has said that there will not be PTRs or other forms of public testing for something as massive as PvP content.

It is commonplace for most game developers (including Blizzard) when planning an external player test, to do internal testing first to see if the new content live up to the design goal. If it does not, then the content must be reworked. But as soon as the internal tests shows that things look to be working as they are supposed to, that is when we make the content available for external player testing to see if the content is truly working as intended.

The Team Deathmatch mode did not live up to the design goal during internal tests, and it must therefore be reworked. Does that mean PvP in Diablo III has been scrapped? No, but PvP may need to take a different form than a Team Deathmatch mode, and that was what the PvP blog was about.
Well if you really want here is my piece of constructive feedback:

First and foremost let Jay go. I don't see a way around this right now theres just so much hatred towards the guy that anything that he touches will be ill advised, i konw he is actually a nice guy, i know that he gave his best but it just was not enought. And mistake after mistake he kinda built a terrible image of underdelivering. So simply letting him off will make a lot of the comunity happier (unfortunate but true).

As comunicating with the playerbase, please you gotta say something other than "We kinda scrapped what we where doing and now we dont have really a idea of what to do, so basically we acomplished nothing from months of testing and feedback, so here it is something that we could and should shipped the game with, have fun!". I know that's not exactly what is on the blog but, just being honest from the comunity reaction we all know that this is the idea most ppl got.
28/12/2012 10:52Posted by Vaneras
No, but PvP may need to take a different form than a Team Deathmatch mode, and that was what the PvP blog was about.

More like "No PvP Blog".

And btw. you are saying that You don't wanna give us arenas because there is no purpose playing it for longer than few hours? Well, why did You even release Diablo 3 at all then since there is no end-game content anyway, just endless items farming. I know it's pretty much what Diablo is about but seriously, something else no matter what would be better than NOTHING.
Edited by Nakuu#2814 on 28/12/2012 10:59 GMT
Merry Christmas & happy newyear to you too

Funny thing, you came up with nice solutions for rewards in ... 5 - 10 secs? They haven't come up with any after 7 months...

Thx mate i have a kanck for these things. I've been around for ages but i know how difficult it is to implement these things into a game of this kind. It's not easy solution but it's doable. I'm no programmer but just a good game tester :D Give me a little finger, i won't take the whole arm. Give me an arm, i'm yours. Too bad people are impatient
Community
28/12/2012 10:42Posted by fhantomPL

Please trust me when I say that we are forwarding player feedback to the developers all the time, and especially constructive feedback from excellent threads such as the ones you have linked to :-)
28/12/2012 10:09Posted by Proz0r
Ok, I can see where you guys are coming from, but... dueling will be played 0 hours by most of the playerbase, so actually dueling is worse....

What makes 4v4 so different from 1v1, in terms how many people will play it? Dueling was the only PvP in D2 and it was pretty fun, many people still play it to this day. I was one of the people who hoped they would introduce dueling, and now its coming in the next patch. Can't wait to duel my buddies and test out (and see) all kinds of crazy builds people can come up with. Pretty excited to see if the 0 cd zombie dogs build will work out in 1v1 :D
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]