Diablo® III

Will we see a ladder in the future or not?

My question is pretty straight...

Any blue post ill appreciate it.

I dont really care what fanboys/haters or whatever think.

To me LADDER is all that matters. I still have faith for this mode but i dont want to be in waiting mode for something that will never happen.

If theres no chance for a ladder i would appreciate a confirmation so i can move on.

Thnx in advance for any blue response
Edited by Azatis#2345 on 24/12/2012 11:28 GMT
Reply Quote
There is no ladder system in this game, and Blizz not plan to add it, because many players spend it a real money to get items in the Rmah. so this not gona happening.
Reply Quote
24/12/2012 11:32Posted by TalRasha
There is no ladder system in this game, and Blizz not plan to add it, because many players spend it a real money to get items in the Rmah. so this not gona happening.

well hardcore ladder could happend cuz theres no rmah :)
Reply Quote
I fully support a ladder system and would appreciate it being implemented. I understand there is RMAH, but seeing as nobody I know use it, and most items I put up there won't ever get sold. I see no reason why there couldn't be a third (or forth with hardcore LADDER) system being developed. It would also add a lot of re-play value to this game, I hope Blizzard are considering it!

Thanks in advance
Reply Quote
We need Ladder and PvP. !@#$ the RMAH or in the end nobody will play the game.
Reply Quote
24/12/2012 11:32Posted by TalRasha

I prefer a blue post . Thnx for your input.
A tip for you though.

With Ladder introduction you WONT LOSE any item or something . The mode currently playing will continue as it is as a NON-LADDER mode. Exactly as D2. So i dont see how RMAH affects LADDER mode.

24/12/2012 12:07Posted by hussenz

well hardcore ladder could happend cuz theres no rmah :)

Nice point there

I fully support a ladder system and would appreciate it being implemented. I understand there is RMAH, but seeing as nobody I know use it, and most items I put up there won't ever get sold. I see no reason why there couldn't be a third (or forth with hardcore LADDER) system being developed. It would also add a lot of re-play value to this game, I hope Blizzard are considering it!

Thanks in advance

Exactly!!!!!

24/12/2012 12:37Posted by Blud
We need Ladder and PvP. !@#$ the RMAH or in the end nobody will play the game.

+1
Reply Quote
hrhr what's it! Only RMAH matters. Say bye bye to Ladder.
Reply Quote
Bump.

Any blue post really appreciated.

Is there any chance to see LADDER mode in Diablo 3 in the future or not.

Im not asking so much , Vaneras or someone , just a simple , yes or no. Thnx
Reply Quote
@ Azatis

I would like to stat by saying that I am not a RMAH user.
That aside, I don't think that playing dumb will get you and your desire for implementation of a ladder system in Diablo3 anywhere...

24/12/2012 13:00Posted by Azatis
With Ladder introduction you WONT LOSE any item or something . The mode currently playing will continue as it is as a NON-LADDER mode. Exactly as D2. So i dont see how RMAH affects LADDER mode.

In Diablo2 the non-ladder items lost value and became less relevant. If a ladder system were to be implemented and all the current characters were to be moved to none ladder, the non-items would lose value, like you said "Exactly as D2".
Even without using the RMAH, I can see why there are players who don't want a ladder system implemented. Again, if you were familiar enough with Diablo2, playing dump, pretending not to know what happened to the D2 items which moved from ladder to non-ladder will get you nowhere.

Moving on to your Original Post.

I will leave it up to the blue posters to say whether or not there will be a ladder in Diablo3, however it remains unclear as to why you want a ladder to be implemented.
24/12/2012 11:11Posted by Azatis
To me LADDER is all that matters.

I have few pretty straight questions for you as well:

Your characters are far from being complete, I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but notice.
Why is it that you don't want to complete at least a single character, equipping that character with high end quality equipment and getting a high Paragon Level? And then after doing that may be, just may be... gear and level second one?

Why is it that you need a ladder reset to be implemented? In what way would that serve you or in what way it would make it, so that you enjoy the game more than you do as of current?

I ask in light of recent series of agenda driven posts, made by people who would absolutely love to reduce the current progress of everyone else to nothing, in order to be able to make higher profits on the RMAH.
I look forward to your response, thanks in advance and have a nice Holidays.
Reply Quote
Don't think ladder will work with the current item system in Diablo 3. It's far too random to be any competitive. In Diablo 2 you could at least farm certain uniques and items. In Diablo 3 it's just purely luck.

For a proper ladder system we either need:

A: Higher and more reliable drop chance on Legendaries. Perhaps a drops per hour system. Meaning you get a certain amount of rares guaranteed to be Legendaries. Perhaps make Magic Find increase the drops per hour possible.
B: More content and zones and have certain Legendaries drop only in certain zones, allowing them to be farmable similar to Diablo 2.

Not to mention several hundred changes being required to make it anything worthwhile. Right now, a ladder system would just be pretty pointless. And not just because of the RMAH.
Edited by Skimpy#2991 on 25/12/2012 05:48 GMT
Reply Quote
I never liked d2 ladder because non ladder and ladders character dont have same drops and cant play togheter.

If the non ladder and ladder characters can play togheter and get same loot i dont mind having a d3 ladder :)
Reply Quote
My question is pretty straight...

Any blue post ill appreciate it.

I dont really care what fanboys/haters or whatever think.

To me LADDER is all that matters. I still have faith for this mode but i dont want to be in waiting mode for something that will never happen.

If theres no chance for a ladder i would appreciate a confirmation so i can move on.

Thnx in advance for any blue response

There is no Ladder whatsoever.

Just stupid achievement and some stuff u can get only in PVP.

Just sell ure account and play something else.
Reply Quote
@ Azatis

I would like to stat by saying that I am not a RMAH user.
That aside, I don't think that playing dumb will get you and your desire for implementation of a ladder system in Diablo3 anywhere...

In Diablo2 the non-ladder items lost value and became less relevant. If a ladder system were to be implemented and all the current characters were to be moved to none ladder, the non-items would lose value, like you said "Exactly as D2".
Even without using the RMAH, I can see why there are players who don't want a ladder system implemented. Again, if you were familiar enough with Diablo2, playing dump, pretending not to know what happened to the D2 items which moved from ladder to non-ladder will get you nowhere.

Moving on to your Original Post.

I will leave it up to the blue posters to say whether or not there will be a ladder in Diablo3, however it remains unclear as to why you want a ladder to be implemented.
To me LADDER is all that matters.

I have few pretty straight questions for you as well:

Your characters are far from being complete, I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but notice.
Why is it that you don't want to complete at least a single character, equipping that character with high end quality equipment and getting a high Paragon Level? And then after doing that may be, just may be... gear and level second one?

Why is it that you need a ladder reset to be implemented? In what way would that serve you or in what way it would make it, so that you enjoy the game more than you do as of current?

I ask in light of recent series of agenda driven posts, made by people who would absolutely love to reduce the current progress of everyone else to nothing, in order to be able to make higher profits on the RMAH.
I look forward to your response, thanks in advance and have a nice Holidays.

All your questions answered with Diablo 2.

Diablo 2 survived 14 years now BECAUSE of ladder and that alone.

In Diablo 2 there were hundreds of third party shops as well so your logic items losing value is irrelevant.

Think twice what you saying , this goes for you as well.

With current economy mess , nothing being sold , you think ITEMS WONT LOSE THEIR VALUE on some point? They already did in less than a month. So i really dont get all this defensive stance against ladder.

Listen to yourself !! LAdder will drop "non ladder" items value ?!! WRONG!! Economy sinking will. And to prevent that you actually need ladder.

In Diablo 2 non ladder for example , you know ( if you know actually ) that there are VERY expensive items still. Did ladder prevent non-ladder items to worth ALOT ?! Nop!!! it didnt!!

So its either you are not oldschool diablo gamer to judge this system or you just need to reconsider. LADDER will drive people BACK , will provide COMPETITION , will keep Economy as healthy as possible , will bring way more $$ for you , me and blizzard , items that now you selling in vendors youll sell em ( at start at least ) for much gold , if you are hardcore youll aim for ladder competitions ..

Want me to continue , i got a HUGE list what a ladder can offer to D3 gamers. And you know whats the best of all? That people will start playing again !!! The hardcores/lovers of this game will have x100 more reasons to keep playing , people that got bored with it and playing from time to time will start playing more , many quiters will reconsider and will start playing again ( more or less like me ) ... and who will be the winner out of this? ALL OF US DIABLO 3 GAMERS!!

More people in game = healthier economy = addiction/fun/a reason to keep playing = more people in game and the chain continues!! Why is so difficult to understand this?

If you cant understand the benefits i cant do much about it. But if you really want to , just google about ladder in diablo 2 and think again when your items losing most of their value? When economy sinking or with a ladder introduction?
Edited by Azatis#2345 on 25/12/2012 15:38 GMT
Reply Quote
+100 for ladder.

Ladder and PvP and skill points and stat points (to spare on my choice) and denomination of numbers and more enhanced and diverse system
Reply Quote
wtf 50k health if 5k would do the same job?
Reply Quote
Ladder system was one of the most annoying features D2 had to add. If they plan something PvE competition they'd need to create something else and better.
Reply Quote
you don't get the point...Rmah = money invested...You invest money you want to play however you want. no ladder ...Ladder is stupid anyway...
Reply Quote
- A lot of people played the ladder in D2 because they could get ladder-only items there.
- Ladder-only items are usually better than the other items, so they would devalue the (already low-priced) current items.
- Biggest downside to the ladder in D3 is that you can only keep 10 characters.
Reply Quote
@ Azatis
25/12/2012 15:33Posted by Azatis
Diablo 2 survived 14 years now BECAUSE of ladder and that alone.

Wrong! (and not just because it's 13 and not 14 years).
You can't speak for the whole Diablo2 player base and why did the game survived throughout the years. Here are some actual facts for you:

More than half the Diablo2 player base never connected to the battle.net! We were presented with that fact on the old battle.net forums (I think by Bashiok), but also you can check that in the battle.net info.

Also in the last twelve, now almost thirteen years, I haven't met a single person who looked forward to a ladder reset. I don't know such person, me and all of my friends hated ladder resets.
Listen to yourself !! LAdder will drop "non ladder" items value ?!! WRONG!! Economy sinking will. And to prevent that you actually need ladder.

In Diablo 2 there were hundreds of third party shops as well so your logic items losing value is irrelevant.

Also false.
Ladder items had way higher value than the non-ladder ones. When items were moving from ladder to non-ladder they were essentially losing value. I can see why RMAH users don't want a ladder reset, while you continue to play dumb.
Think twice what you saying , this goes for you as well.

Actually it is you who are not thinking before writing, since most of what you said I have proven to be false.
With current economy mess , nothing being sold , you think ITEMS WONT LOSE THEIR VALUE on some point? They already did in less than a month. So i really dont get all this defensive stance against ladder.

First, what you refer to as the "current economy mess" is a result of completely natural occurrences and it doesn't require artificial interventions and alterations of the game.

Less people play, but still more gear is introduced into the game.
The market is over-saturated with items, yet there isn't so much demand for those items, because many players quit and sold their gear, others are already geared. The prices of low and mid level items is dropping, gold gains value.
The only place where gold might have lost value is the Real Money Auction House, since there isn't so much demand for that gold.
For low to mid geared characters this current state is utopia! I managed to gear like 6-7 characters of friends of mine for very low money, gear that allows them to farm MP4 easily and enjoy the game.
So instead of complaining, you should rejoice that it is easier for players such as you to gear up. You should shout it from the rooftops.
nothing being sold

What are you talking about? I sell items every day, just the other day i sold Inna Head for 20millions. Items do sell if you put a reasonable price to them, one that takes into account the current market. It's all supply and demand really.
So i really dont get all this defensive stance against ladder.

And what about the players who play self found and are not con concerned with trading and the game's economy, which is secondary aspect of the game compared to the main aspect -- the killing monsters for loot.
Please don't tell me that the trading is the main aspect of the Diablo series and that the game should revolve around it.

LADDER will drive people BACK , will provide COMPETITION , will keep Economy as healthy as possible , will bring way more $$ for you , me and blizzard

Congratulations. You just openly admitted that my guess was correct.
You want to be able to reset the progress of everyone else in order to be able to make higher profit through the Real Money Auction House.
You just proved that your post is just another in a series of agenda driven posts, because you're sad that gold lost value on the RMAH and that you can't make as much profit as you could in the past!

And you know whats the best of all?

I know what's best for me. It's most certainly not a ladder reset.
Also what is best for you (being able to make more profit from the RMAH) is not necessarily best for the rest of us.
Again, think of those who play self found.
Edited by Noxifer#2606 on 25/12/2012 22:37 GMT
Reply Quote
This is a small summary of my previous post and a conclusion about the whole agenda driven claims of Azatis.
The guy has clearly made profit from the Real Money Auction House, but he doesn't profit as much as of recent due to the current state of the market (which I just need to point out are result of natural causes and don't need artificial fixes and interventions).

As a result, he makes a whole bunch of false claims, plays dumb, dares to speak what's best for "all of us gamers", while he clearly can speak only for himself, and then finally openly admitted that he merely wants "more $$ for you , me and blizzard", because he is afraid to go out of the basement and get a real job outside.
He wants to get more money from us, so he wants to reduce our current progress to nothing, that's why he wants the implementation of ladder reset.

I am sorry, that's not in my interest and neither it is in the interest of the players who play self found. Therefore I am against the implementation of ladder reset, especially when the motives behind that are greed for the sake of real money and not concerns related to the game play and it's mechanics.

Please, do not support Azatis or other agenda driven posts on this or the US forums.
Have nice Holidays!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]