Diablo® III

Will we see a ladder in the future or not?

My question is pretty straight...

Any blue post ill appreciate it.

I dont really care what fanboys/haters or whatever think.

To me LADDER is all that matters. I still have faith for this mode but i dont want to be in waiting mode for something that will never happen.

If theres no chance for a ladder i would appreciate a confirmation so i can move on.

Thnx in advance for any blue response

Even if Blizzard has an idea about this question, a 110% sure answer about "yes, there will be ladder" or "no, there won't be ladder", you think Varenas is allowed to answer your question, just like this? Be patient, and you'll get your answer. If you are not, well, just ask yourself: is there are a ladder right now? No. Why? Because Blizzard decided to not make one, BEFORE Diablo III relase. That's your answer.
Reply Quote
Community
This is unfortunately one of those questions that there is no answer to at this point in time, which means that I cannot say yes and I cannot say no :-(

It is not an impossibility that we will get to see a ladder system in Diablo III in the future, but if we were ever to introduce this into the game, we would have to be very careful with the design as well as the implementation.
Reply Quote
what is ladder in the first place?
Reply Quote
ladder is just a list showing who got to max levels first.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/
here you got a ladder, enjoy!
Reply Quote
26/12/2012 09:16Posted by Lieto
what is ladder in the first place?

A device to ascend upon an elevated place with. Refer to link below for further information.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-nyJgzHZxPq4/UCVqOP3s3BI/AAAAAAAACdE/o5nD5ok-kuY/s400/ladder.gif
Edited by brocX#1675 on 26/12/2012 10:15 GMT
Reply Quote
ladder is just a list showing who got to max levels first.
http://www.diabloprogress.com/
here you got a ladder, enjoy!

not essentially - it is a clear new start for these people who wants to participate in it and give them the initiative to prove them selves once again like they did at the beggining of the game - the no lifers. For the rest is like a seperate account where you just start from the beginning once again. The ladder also presented in d2 better items that could be only used there. The ladder restarts again from some period of time and do not last foever.
Reply Quote
i was already bored by the fact that i need to go through same acts for 4 times (and potentially 100 more times) and you want to go even harder on that, lol.

To be frank i d just take my diablo char and go into open world pvp of ultima online or alterac valley with kills being the stat to distribute people on the ladder.
Reply Quote
I do NOT want any friggin' ladders here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
I like the extra items you got on d2 on ladder, but i hope they dont do it for d3.
Only bots are on the top of d2 ladder?. I dont like the idea of having to start over again every year, or that i have to do it to get some of the items.
what do you like about the ladder?
Reply Quote
This is unfortunately one of those questions that there is no answer to at this point in time, which means that I cannot say yes and I cannot say no :-(

It is not an impossibility that we will get to see a ladder system in Diablo III in the future, but if we were ever to introduce this into the game, we would have to be very careful with the design as well as the implementation.

So, how long have you been in politics for?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
@ Azatis

Obvius troll is obvious.

Stop using demagogy, half-truths and other deceptive statements.
Don't forget you are already a "well-known" specimen in this forum. If you have to quit just do it and stop filling the forums with your cheap stuff.

For your information GFraizer said D2 ladders were the best (only) thing Blizzard could do (to fix the flawed game architecture because bugged items didn't have similar ID numbers as they figured out with the first rust storm).

@ Vaneras

Don't feed the troll.
Reply Quote
26/12/2012 09:08Posted by Vaneras
but if we were ever to introduce this into the game, we would have to be very careful with the design as well as the implementation.

Lessons learned I guess?
Reply Quote

Tbh I think you will need to plan a ladder before planning PvP. I mean, us 50k dps people don't want to get matched vs 300k dps enemies (Check my account on US, ty). So a ladder implemented also lets you do a nice matchmaking process, based on the heroscore or the PvP Dummy (Check diabloprogress.com).
Reply Quote
Community
26/12/2012 13:12Posted by Wired
but if we were ever to introduce this into the game, we would have to be very careful with the design as well as the implementation.

Lessons learned I guess?

Perhaps, but: http://i.imgur.com/N6Z44.jpg

:-)
Reply Quote
And where is the promised blog/news about the future PvP? I hope its not gonna be in late 2013 or even in 2014 ;d. Give us some gift for new year :)
Reply Quote
Community
26/12/2012 14:05Posted by COLD
And where is the promised blog/news about the future PvP? I hope its not gonna be in late 2013 or even in 2014 ;d. Give us some gift for new year :)

It shouldn't be that long. I am sorry I cannot be more concrete than this, but it should be ready before the new year... hopefully that is :-)
Reply Quote
I do not understand which ladders people want....

By my opinion

You cant get ladder based on damage , because this is simply retarded ,people will go glasscanon to pwn ladder

You cant get ladder based on how much boars you killed....because someone play mp10 and not kill much , while someone play MP 0 and get 20939382092x elite kills.

I dont think PVE ladder can exist... unless they implement some challanging modes in game like instances with schoulded clear time to earn somekind of medals etc

Only ladder which can exist is PVP ladder...but pvp patch isnt on sight yet.....
Reply Quote
I would really love a ladder system, would bring some competetiveness to this game. The ladder in D2 was really cool, so I don't really understand why Blizzard would downgrade and not implement one in Diablo 3.

Also, Vaneras. Any news on mob density in Act 1 2 and 4? Since this has been a really big issue and a lot of people have been wanting increased mob density in these specific Acts so they are viable for farming. So many people feels forced to farm Act 3 since it's the most efficient.
Edited by Zyfoh#2357 on 26/12/2012 15:40 GMT
Reply Quote
26/12/2012 14:41Posted by Vaneras
but it should be ready before the new year

Are we talking of the 2013 new year?
Reply Quote
I do not understand which ladders people want....

By my opinion

You cant get ladder based on damage , because this is simply retarded ,people will go glasscanon to pwn ladder

You cant get ladder based on how much boars you killed....because someone play mp10 and not kill much , while someone play MP 0 and get 20939382092x elite kills.

I dont think PVE ladder can exist... unless they implement some challanging modes in game like instances with schoulded clear time to earn somekind of medals etc

Only ladder which can exist is PVP ladder...but pvp patch isnt on sight yet.....

This was actully a really good post. Read it

ladder can come the same way it is for wow.

PVE:
Raid ranking for Raiding ( a new one is up for challenge every tier)
PVE content progression for realms (AQ, Sunwell opening, Wrath, Cata, MoP) -(its a realm progression)

PVP:
2v2 ( resets every season)
3v3 ( resets every season)
5v5 ( resets every season)
Rated Battleground ( resets every season)
--
with MoP. now there is:

Challenge dungeons ( a new one is up for challenge every tier)
Pet battles ( that doesn't have a ladder yet, but i cant see why not it wont happen)

~~~~

Alot of these can be implemented into SC and HC, pvp and pve.

PVP ladders
They can reset every season
1v1
2v2
3v3
4v4
FFA
lifetime pvp killing blows

PVE ladders
They can reset every other big content patch
100 paragon
elite kills
gearscore - (unlike wow that the gear stat tracking is done externally on fan-sites and not by wow. maybe we can have this actually provided by blizzard.
( just like wow- we can have gearscore too. so if a legendary/set item has a damage of of xxx-xxxx and 6 extra stats ) the lowest possibility of that item has ilvl 63. a really good version is 63.5. and the best possible case of that specific legendary is ilvl 64.

There is always room for showing off your gear/competition and having a ladder you can compare urself with others.
---

I have to say, I only play HC and I like the state of the game the way it is without pvp. But there is always room for improvements and there is always room to have a little bit extra for everyone.
~~
HappyHOlidays!
Happy hunting in-game!

EDIT:grammer fix
Edited by zucchini#1177 on 26/12/2012 17:20 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]