Diablo® III

Will we see a ladder in the future or not?

a ladder like in d2 would be very bull!@#$ imo... but a pvp ladder would be awesome.
Reply Quote
Ladder will never happen in Diablo 3. They said that many times, and not only because of RMAH. It's stupid anyway, and many of you agree. It's mostly for kids with no life, so they can brag to other players: look i'm number 1 in US or EU ladder...same like paragon levels, a waste of time !
I think, for Diablo 3 to get even close to Diablo and Diablo 2 Blizzard should:
1 PvP (for the fun part)
2 Real Single Player (even with very good internet connection you get tons of lag)
3 more game content (expansion)
4 socketing option (75% of items including legendaries can get better and USABLE)
5 much better loot drop (most players have a life and cannot grind 8-10 hrs a day for a good item)
Reply Quote
Ladder will never happen in Diablo 3. They said that many times, and not only because of RMAH. It's stupid anyway, and many of you agree. It's mostly for kids with no life, so they can brag to other players: look i'm number 1 in US or EU ladder...same like paragon levels, a waste of time !
1 PvP (for the fun part)
2 Real Single Player (even with very good internet connection you get tons of lag)
4 socketing option (75% of items including legendaries can get better and USABLE)
5 much better loot drop (most players have a life and cannot grind 8-10 hrs a day for a good item)

Is your terribad low level gear responsible of what you say maybe? I guess so, all I read here is pure anger due to your incompetence in getting better gear, which includes farming and you obviously never farmed seriously with only 5k elites killed.

So try to improve and have some decent char then come and speak.
Edited by Caocao#1626 on 26/12/2012 20:00 GMT
Reply Quote
@KAKAO
it does not matter if my gear is good or bad. I see yours is ok but for that gear you don't see the light of day because you do not have a life, all you do is grind all day. The game should not be about grinding and braging to kids(like yourself) about gear, like you do, or insulting other players that don't care about this game so much and play for the fun of it with any kind of gear. Grow up kid !
And also, I will come here and speak whenever i want to. This is not your forum kid.
Edited by TOMITZA#2328 on 26/12/2012 20:24 GMT
Reply Quote
It means that you are a noob at this game yet for first and that you should not give your advice about something you don't know at all.

For second if you don't care about the game and pvp because you are bad and have actually no fun with so bad gear and experience so keep playing your low level way and don't post if you only can say D3 is not pvp because pvp is bad... just as pathetic as your account
Edited by Caocao#1626 on 26/12/2012 21:01 GMT
Reply Quote
26/12/2012 19:56Posted by TOMITZA
Ladder will never happen in Diablo 3. They said that many times,

vaneras already mentioned this earlier. but u cant read so let me help out referencing it again!

This is unfortunately one of those questions that there is no answer to at this point in time, which means that I cannot say yes and I cannot say no :-(

It is not an impossibility that we will get to see a ladder system in Diablo III in the future, but if we were ever to introduce this into the game, we would have to be very careful with the design as well as the implementation.

Never say never.

Oh yes i did went there!
Edited by zucchini#1177 on 26/12/2012 21:09 GMT
Reply Quote
I think a ladder with exclusive items would be pretty nice to have. At the end of a "ladder season"(which is optional ofcourse) all characters and items would get transfered back to "standard", then trading of the items obtained in the ladder season can begin so people who didn't want to start over in ladder can aquire theese items. Pretty much like runewords in D2 LoD. Its just a shame that D3 does not provide the same kind of builds based on items like d2 did. Mainstat/dps/toughness is pretty much all D3 offers currently.
Reply Quote
I will say that a ladder will be , for 100% .

And this is how it will work :

Currently we are at state of non ladder , no problem. When they decide to add ladder , it wont replace the non ladder , it will just add a ladder mode with you having to start a brand new character (just like picking a different realm) . Now once the ladder is over , all ladder chars go to non ladder including your gold (from ladder) .

And bam , again new ladder season with everyone with a brand new start!

This is the only way for it to work properly without ppl crying over paid items !

P.s. this is not my idea or anything , this is how Diablo 2 ladder works .
Edited by Ultrazerg#2420 on 26/12/2012 21:18 GMT
Reply Quote
This is unfortunately one of those questions that there is no answer to at this point in time, which means that I cannot say yes and I cannot say no :-(

It is not an impossibility that we will get to see a ladder system in Diablo III in the future, but if we were ever to introduce this into the game, we would have to be very careful with the design as well as the implementation.

Thanks alot for answer.
Reply Quote
I will say that a ladder will be , for 100% .

And this is how it will work :

Currently we are at state of non ladder , no problem. When they decide to add ladder , it wont replace the non ladder , it will just add a ladder mode with you having to start a brand new character (just like picking a different realm) . Now once the ladder is over , all ladder chars go to non ladder including your gold (from ladder) .

And bam , again new ladder season with everyone with a brand new start!

This is the only way for it to work properly without ppl crying over paid items !

P.s. this is not my idea or anything , this is how Diablo 2 ladder works .

+1 Exactly.

If you add also that in Diablo 2 there are LADDER ONLY items which they cost alot when ladder ends and they transfered to Non - ladder. Here is how you can really keep non-ladder economy alive for ...12 years ( like D2 does and keep doing ).
Edited by Azatis#2345 on 26/12/2012 21:40 GMT
Reply Quote
26/12/2012 17:25Posted by Proook
a ladder like in d2 would be very bull!@#$ imo... but a pvp ladder would be awesome.

Why you say so.

I see only benefits from it for ALL KIND of players. Casuals or hardcores or even super hardcores that playing HC mode.

Any particular reason why you think ladder mode as BS? Because you know we running out of time and economy sinking pretty fast as we speak and people playing less and less everyday with too many quit already...

Can you backup why is vert BS as you saying? Reasons? Thnx
Reply Quote
When PvP comes out there should be a training mode in which there could be two sub-modes. First a mode where you fight your shadow can extend the training mode. Similarly to the shadows of yourself you encounter fighting diablo, but hopefully stronger with scale-able stats so that I can fight an impossible and easier versions of the shadow. Secondly I like to be able to select a certain elite pack from the game. You should be able to select the type of monster, the MP, and the attributes. Maybe make customized pack with different types of monsters and attributes. Possibly allow the mobs to have 5 or more attributes...

Pvp is taking a long time (too long) I wouldn't be suprised if it comes out on the one year anniversary. A training mode like I'm suggesting wouldn't hurt the game, it helps the dedicated learn more about the game and that knowledge helps kickstart the newbie.
Reply Quote
1 PvP (for the fun part)

Ladder is required. There has to be a system in place to wipe or remove items from the economy. Otherwise you end up with mass saturation like D3 is currently.

Ladders aren't a problem. If you don't like it keep playing SC regular. Ladders would be something people could decide to participate in when they start a new character. That is all.
Reply Quote
26/12/2012 16:46Posted by Kelzar
but it should be ready before the new year

Are we talking of the 2013 new year?

Is it also based on normal new year or Chinese New Year?
Reply Quote
26/12/2012 14:41Posted by Vaneras
It shouldn't be that long. I am sorry I cannot be more concrete than this, but it should be ready before the new year... hopefully that is :-)

"Ready" as in it's going to be ready for public testing or "ready" as in it's been tested and next step is releasing it in a live patch?
Reply Quote
As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."
Reply Quote
Community
26/12/2012 16:46Posted by Kelzar
but it should be ready before the new year

Nope, 2012 :-)

27/12/2012 05:56Posted by Patman

Is it also based on normal new year or Chinese New Year?

Based on the new year of the Gregorian calendar :-)

27/12/2012 06:24Posted by ExzoSSG
It shouldn't be that long. I am sorry I cannot be more concrete than this, but it should be ready before the new year... hopefully that is :-)

"Ready" as in it's going to be ready for public testing or "ready" as in it's been tested and next step is releasing it in a live patch?

"Ready" as in the developers are sure that it properly reflects what they want to say on the topic, and also "Ready" as in fully translated into all the languages the game has been localised to so that it can be posted at the same time in all regions worldwide :-)
Reply Quote
ladder would be a viable solution only in pvp mode - if it would go diablo 2 way, all items that were bought earlier in rmah and ah will reduce in value making a lot of people very angry. those people actually invested time, and sometimes a real money, to their characters and frankly speaking - it wouldn't be the smartest thing forcing them to leave.

27/12/2012 06:37Posted by NoSoupf0u
As defined by Blizzard Entertainment: "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Blizzard Entertainment and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Blizzard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Blizzard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."

insanely well written : -) lol!
Edited by fhantomPL#1840 on 27/12/2012 09:32 GMT
Reply Quote
a ladder with reset of economy only could save this dying young and rotten video game,cheers to the good sheeps who paid 100s of $$rs for a bull!@#$ like D3.
Reply Quote
For me the only point of a ladder system would be to reset the economy and get rid of all the OP/duped items. Loot becomes less and less valuable over time and this makes the hunt for loot also feel less and less rewarding over time. Most of the fun for me comes from upgrading the gear on my character and finding good stuff that I can actually trade or use myself. As time goes by however this suffers from diminishing returns that can only be resolved by either resetting the economy or continually introducing more powerful items into the game. I prefer a reset with ladder seasons myself, and those who want to keep playing with their OP gear in a saturated economy can stay in non-ladder. Yes items in non-ladder will lose value but this happens all the time and has happened after every single big patch so far, so no real difference there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]